What the hell is going on?

What the hell is going on?

Attached: FQGzKkKaUAMC9l2.jpg (1080x1080, 314.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RMI8nCgGXiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Knuckles looks weird on the poster

it's no longer "the movie about the game", it's the movie about sonic. every normalfag on the planet watched the first one, not just people who have played sonic games. even my mom watched it

>Here me our
>Instead of making our own retarded plot that shits all over the game, let's just adapt the game's story instead while also listening to the fans
>Fans actually love it
Out of all the fucking video game movies, how the fuck was Sonic the first one to get it right?

See that's the shit right there.

Now they need to fix the games. I can't believe they had something good with Sonic Mania and decided they don't want to work with the team again.

>Mario sticks the landing when transitioning into 3D
>Sonic sticks the landing when transitioning into the big screen

Nintendo vs SEGA really is the only rivalry that matters

He is bigger and more built in the movie. This poster makes sonic look taller and almost the same build.

That being said, this one was not as good as the first despite having fair more action. I think they could have shaved like 30 minutes of human bullshit absolutely NOONE cared about or wanted. The entire madea black wedding vs. Not operatives was fucking pointless.

Attached: 1465486033580.jpg (430x627, 101.83K)

Sonic actually has a good foundation for a movie because Sega actually went through the efforts of making a story while deep lore shit. Unless they make a movie around Sun Shine, Mario doesn't have a fucking thing to bring to the table. What a fucking timeline we live in where all of Sonic story autism is going to pay off.

Sonic autism is strong

>What the hell is going on?

Attached: yiik.png (708x1004, 941.25K)

IM KINO

This

Attached: FP6L6VXagAIWNrA.jpg (1695x2585, 330.07K)

Never forget the 72 million

dont question the 84million

In spite of all the unnecessary woke secondary human characters stuff, the parts about Sonic, Robotnik and co. are actually pretty good.

Attached: FQIuTLqWQAEnH1M.jpg (810x1316, 198.46K)

expect 3 more sonic movies and a spin-off.

It's their foolish Japanese pride. They are unable to cope with the fact that westerners made a better game than them.

by bullying the studio for this abomination

Attached: sonic-comparison2.jpg (2000x1333, 312.44K)

oy vey the 92 billion... Never forget

One thing I really liked about this one was the inclusion of drone hornets. Not robotozied animals like the game but at least they resembled the same enemies. The general oblong balls are gay as shit drones.

They're supposed to be eggs, stupid.

I have no idea why the even care so much when Sonic was made with the western .arket in mind. Clearly the west knows the series better than sega at this point.

Great, not in the games. They are just fucking generic looking balls. If they were at least vertical to resembled eggs maybe but they are just random fucking balls.

I think the story autism is the main reason the series as whole has been able to survive multiple blunders, deeper stories create attachment.

a shame all that deep lore peaked in 2001 then vanished in the 2010s, theyre going to use it all up by the third movie

Yeah, that was a really neat detail. Hopefully they'll include more designs like those in the next movie.

>Kills a capeshit movie
>Kills a capeshit movie for the second time
Who will be the next victim for Sonic movies?

good thing 3 movies is the max they should do.

Black Panther 2

>a spiderman villain spinoff movie
>without spiderman
at least venom already appeared in spiderman 3 but how did they expect anyone to watch morbius

Why do I feel like it's more so that people are rewarding the hollowood studio for actually fucking listening to their audience rather than it being 'good'?
Nothing about these films seems like anything worth seeing if you aren't a sonicfag from the get-go.

Coitus with echidna

I remember when Sonic 1 was about to come out and most people were "Well, it might do well, but NOT as well as Detective Pikachu", and yet here we are.

I wanted four. I still want my standalone Tikal + Chaos story.

>Detective Pikachu
>mc come in
>Urgh... Pokemon... lame!

>unable to make a good video game
>able to make not one but two successful video game movies

What is Penders character doing there?

Attached: 1649819113599m.jpg (1024x612, 64.85K)

still to this day i keep thinking that was a publicity stunt.

Sonic 1 almost flopped due to the retarded eyes on Sonic in the first trailer. Revising the design was the best decision they could make.

Probably because they are also harmless movies that reminds you of a more innocent time

>But it would have been le so bad it's good!!
>I would have watched, but ironically!

Stop with this, my dude. It's most definitely is not. They had toys, merch, even stand-in models all using the old design. The studio had to spend several extra million just to rework the CGI. It's not a stunt.

The Sonic fanbase are incredibly enthusiastic. Plus, Kids fucking love Sonic

its genuinely funny writing.

Blame the Mania team. They’d rather waste their time on an original 3D game that will honestly be shit than make a Mania 2.

Mario is just boring no matter how many forced memes boomers make up

>he hasnt seen the WIP scenes with the shitty model and the photos with the mockups
youtube.com/watch?v=RMI8nCgGXiU

Attached: sanic.jpg (1078x1086, 244.22K)

That would be way too risky for no good reason. You know what would be a better stunt? Just making a good movie so people will talk and go watch it. Without burning cash to some controversy

Why not a good 3D plateformer when you're still at it?

This. Execs can genuinely be this fucking stupid.

I hope they didn't trash that model and keep it for a joke cameo in one of the movies

This gave me a cursed image feeling.

Detective Pikachu made more money at the box office but it had a bigger budget so its return on investment was lower, but it is true that more people saw it than the first Sonic movie. It's looking like the second one will beat it though.

Yeah but the claims I read were being done well after the redesign and the final tralier were revealed, so everyone had a general idea of the finalized movie. People were positively sure Sonic would vastly underperform compared to Det Pikachu, on account that Pokemon is a much bigger IP, Sonic isn't really that popular anymore etc.

Honestly I don't even think the old model is that bad.
Like obviously the new one is a vast improvement but I don't think it deserved the vitriol it got.

Attached: sonik.png (320x180, 84.46K)

literally fucking this

Why would you ever make a movie out of a series where it's just these?
>Plumber saves a princess from a evil king, a classic tired trope in use for centuries in media
>Mario is the perfect Mr. Goody Shoes who can do no wrong and is always happy to do whatever comes at him
>Everyone's characters is always resetted in every instalment, instead of a evolution based off the events that happen

Hell, even Mickey went through the same issues but its only the recent cartoons (barring the toddler shit) that portrays him as a genuinely entertaining character with enjoyable flaws that enhances his character with fun twists in certain plots.

Attached: 1646509593415.jpg (500x500, 22.66K)

If they made a movie about Pokémon battles I'm sure more people would see it, though I don't blame them for starting with a more niche concept.

Based Sonic Chads, that Mario movie is going to be so fucking bad kek

Mickey has an actual character now?

>Detective Pikachu
I thought they planned for a sequel. Was it cancelled?

To be fair there are a metric fucking asstit load more pokemon fans so of course DP was better out the gate. Along with ryan's star power.

IM NEED LOMBAX TITS

72 million is nothing

Attached: MORBILLION.png (640x408, 299.65K)

We fucking won Morbmob

He's probably referring to the 2013 TV sbow.

Attached: MV5BODRlNTk4ZDktNzg4NC00MWRmLWE0ODctOWRkNTE1MGEyNTk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4NjcxOTc@._V1_.jpg (500x750, 155.81K)

>gajin hands typed this.

Attached: 1648608438011.png (941x936, 326.02K)

Was detective pikachu a hit?

Probably more of the same movies from how frequently they're released lately

It’s the mouth. This is actually a good shot of the old model, but the old model generally doesn’t look like that

Mario's not a plumber anymore

Not really. Seems on brand for designs like that to be given the okay in cinema.

Attached: 436333443.png (1279x400, 1.06M)