Kill boss

>kill boss
>try to sell his golden halberd
>500 runes
Why is this? Your starting gear costs thousands of runes. A Wretch's club costs 600 runes.

Attached: elden-ring-tree-sentinel-cheese-tips-strategy-8042-1645806669875.jpg (1600x900, 1.08M)

Don't sell it, keep it as a trophy for all the attempts it took you to kill him.

bad game design. you should see demon souls. feels like a lot of merchants have literal placeholder tier item costs. The truth is they just dont put a lot of effort into it because they assume most players are the types to keep every item. instead of putting effort into it they just make sure it brings you no advantage whatsoever by making it kind of useless

It's weird how worthless the golden halberd of an erdtree bodyguard is.

dont try to make sense of elden rings economy
>oh tarnished im a poor hungry merchant, plase buy something i need runes to buy some food (hes sitting near the top of a volcano with nothing but monsters and corpses around it)
>no, i will sell you 400 piles of feces i picked up on the way here and you will pay me 100 runes for each of them with your infinite supply of runes because player convenience matters more than immersion
>t-thanks tarnished

Elden cringe was never alpha or beta tested by anyone. Nobody paid any attention to details or gameplay loop and they made it as tedious and boring as possible.

items selling for far less than they should is an intended incentive to discourage selling valuable gear that you wont be able to get again

It's not really a game about getting loot to sell, unlike the elder scrolls where that is baked inot the design

So what if I don't find value in the item? Should it just rot in my inventory forever?
Not allowing me to transfer it into something actually valuable hinders player choice and is a horrendous decision for an open world game.

It's not valuable it's worth less than 3 Golden Rune [1]s

then sell it for your pittance of runes and move on with your day, or just stash it in your chest at a site of grace and forget about it

that's not "something valuable" dipshit

Well in that scenario you did indeed give him something to eat.

>wanting to sell weapons that are limited once per playthrough
retard. you never know what weapons you want to try out in the future

>Not allowing me to transfer it into something actually valuable hinders player choice
How entitled are you?

if it's not valuable to you, why would it be valuable to him?
think, idiot

Shut the fuck up Dung Eater the man is starving

>So what if I don't find value in the item?
So you don't, and that's that. I don't see what's the issue here.

the merchants are all running faith builds

Just go fucking twink for somebody and get them to pay you. The item has a lot of value for other players

and what makes you think they need a weapon?
have you ever tried out the weapon they have already?

yeah you haven't, bitch idiot

Even worse is:
>Oh tarnished please buy something, I'm so hungry.
>Sells meat and such
The guy in the mistwood btw.

crazy how you guys literally defend lazy game design. they made it bad because they were lazy and didn't want to balance every single item to sell at something worthwhile. so they just made sure that it doesnt give you an advantage so they could still add muh feature.

>and what makes you think they need a weapon?
Uhh that the world is full of hostile monsters and crazed humans?

he's hungry for runes, or maybe you missed all the skinny nobles and soldiers scavenging for them in the wild

Merchants literally eat runes

i never got it why souls games make soul farming such tedious wank

just make a pleasure park for grinding and let rest of the game be hard
>but you can grind
yes, only in 1 spot so its fucking boring

Attached: TomofFinland-flyer-2-768x779.jpg (768x779, 82.26K)

Hostile to you maybe, Tarnish*d

Because grinding in these games is really unnecessary

The merchants are literally demon worshipping kikes, obviously human logic doesn't apply to their behaviour

who's buying golden halberds? all the tree sentinels already have them so there's no demand

nope, its super necessary unless you are some speedrun or pvp freak who spend more than 100 hours on one souls game

I'm neither. It really isn't.

>Selling one of the best weapons in the game

Attached: ruhavinachucklem8t.jpg (1920x1200, 127.27K)

>one of the best weapons in the game
>worth 500 runes

What do you think Morgott's tax policy is?

so what do you want here? the spear you get from one of the first bosses in the game to sell for thousands of runes allowing you to overlevel and ruin the early game? or maybe it should sell for thousands, but merchants will have an arbitrarily limited amount of money, so later you can sell it for 10k runes even though by that point in the game it may as well be 600 because enemies are dropping more runes.

i'm sorry but what feature are we missing out on? it seems like you didn't think this through. selling items in these games is nothing more than getting rid of unwanted duplicates or thing you'll literally never use. are you mad you can't farm items like a drone and sell them or something?

Either you're getting a fuck ton of levels from bosses or you're at the point where you're only getting one or two and you built your character like shit. Or you're managing to lose them somehow.

The Dragon Greatclaw and Dragonclaw Shield are worth 500 too

Serpent-Hunter is the undisputed best weapon to kill Rykard with, and it costs you 1 rune to sell it. What's your point?

im mad when they add placeholder mechanics into games instead of just leaving them out entirely. they did this shit in demon souls where merchants where pretty much completely useless

It's impossible to beat ER under 100 hours if you are actually doing all the content in the game, so I guess I have bad news for you.

I really dont think they wanted you to make good rune profit from selling items.

To be honest, the world itself is a busted shithole, everyone's undead, everyone's cursed somehow, some people are super undead, and apparently need runes to survive, but other people like the Blackguard are literally cooking crabs and crap to eat.

>>To be honest, the world itself is a busted shithole, everyone's undead, everyone's cursed somehow, some people are super undead, and apparently need runes to survive, but other people like the Blackguard are literally cooking crabs and crap to eat.
And?

I still don't get why you are making such a big deal out of it.

>player convenience matters more than immersion
Correct.

>I really dont think they wanted you to make good rune profit from selling items.
you can actually get around this selling materials. when i didn't have enough runes merchants made me rich through odd pricing of material sales.

Cause he's a dip who's applying logic of other games to Elden Ring and refuses to budge no matter how many times it's explained to him

Why would he pay more for it? What's he going to do with it? Who's he going to sell it to?

Nothing has been explained, it's just shitty headcanon

its actually a video game so it doesn't matter

who's he going to sell the 600 poops to that I sold him?

to dung eater, of course

Attached: 1639129843743.png (800x818, 490.1K)

The Dreadful Scatman

I'm at the mountaintops at rl60 go suck a dick

What about it? You're not gonna use every single weapon in the game on one character

I wonder what he would do with a weapon

Even if you don't spend a single second grinding/farming you can easily reach rl160 or more by the end of the game

Attached: 1642109481246.jpg (800x450, 36.24K)

You already get souls for killing him, user. There's no reason for you to be able to double your liquid resources and sink it into levels or trade it 1:1 for vendor gear, the disparity between hoarders and compulsive sellers would make the game's balance even more fucked than it already is.

Attached: 1649593095854m.jpg (768x1024, 124.44K)

>gold tinted excrement
truly gourmet food

>balance
>in a single player game
who gives a shit?

>a single player game
It's not.

I sold almost all my Remembrances to quickly level up lol

>sell weapon/armor to him
>can't buy it back
Fucking prick

You know you can just consume them instead of going to a merchant to sell them, right?