Lore of Elden Ring - "no ranni" edition

"Good on you for not expecting that; hint from someone who helped development on the alpha; Miyazaki didn't come up with that storyline and was, in fact, quite apposed to the addition of her ending. "

bros...did miyazaki not write ranni? it seems to fit. ranni ending sticks out from every other ending thematically.

Attached: chaosman.png (200x200, 45.74K)

good because miyazaki is a hack

Is it just me or do the Merchants' violin bows bear a striking resemblance to yads?

Attached: 317yTHnNW0L._AC_.jpg (406x436, 10.78K)

Source for quote? I highly doubt its authenticity given how much content revolves around Ranni and that she has a whole ending tied to her.

Everyone married ranni
Her dialogue isn't mistranslated

Chaos is the canon ending

Attached: 1649826952218.png (517x473, 259.69K)

>>rennala: guide the moon as you wish
[200007000] …貴方の月は、ただ、貴方の意志です

>>>Ranni: the world is under the guidance of the Moon
[20490400] 月の理、千年の旅

This is an important distinction

Lorelet here, whats the lore behind the player respawning? are you just not supposed to think too hard about it? In previous games we respawned because we were hollowed or whatever, and the dark sign wouldn't let us die.

>The erdtree respawns you
So why doesn't it respawn all other tarnished we kill like gideon or godfrey

>The erdtree respawns you in a cycle of reincarnation after a long time
So they respawn us, every demigod, marika, go through the entire shattering again?

miyazaki (apparently) simply opposed ranni having her own ending. nothing in her quest really requires you to commit to elevating her to godhood, you just free her from GW oversight. in this ending you literally have her as a waifu and she becomes a god, that's very out of character for miyazaki.

you're undead

ranni is bad ending from norse mythology perspective. the rule goes from asgard to niflheim.

>So why doesn't it respawn all other tarnished we kill like gideon or godfrey
they probably choose to go to the Erdtree

I still want to see where that quote comes from. Regardless of how out-of-place her questline may be, I can't imagine it clearing every check all that content had to go through if it didn't receive the blessing of the main producer.

where's the source, bitch

cut dialog?

Quotes and no sauce? OP is a faggot

>"no ranni" edition
>starts thread off with a ranni question
uh?

Attached: 1649286327906.jpg (1030x976, 209.27K)

her quest line isn't out of place, but her ending is. it's simply too romantic and thematically clashing with every other ending in the game. every other ending is either "elden lord re-color" or "chaos".

bro we literally have a good ending for once in Order

that's true, but it's still not "romantic ending in a miyazaki game". that's just...someone pushed that waifu shit on him. assuming the quote is real anyway.

Isn't his schtick having the final word? How does that make sense?

this game seems really inconsistent when it comes to the rules of death and immortality, which is a shame when Sekiro was really clear on these rules.The cutscene when defeating Maliketh seems to imply that something has changed by unbinding the rune of death, but nothing in terms of gameplay reflects this.

>still no source for the quote
why even discuss it? it's just schizo posting at this point?

That is true, we still don't have a source for that in the thread

We had something somewhat similar in Bloodborne and DS3. This might just be the next step.

he shared creative director chair with Yui Tanimura for elden ring

I'm glad they did, if every ending after all that bullshit was 2 lines of dialogue and the same picture of me in a chair I'd be pissed. At least the inclusion of the Ranni ending shows some effort, even if her "high rez" model is shit.

why are you making shit up on the internet breh

OP is laughing watching us all argue over his bullshit quote

The questline is based around her ending and inevitably leads to it. I really have a hard time accepting that Miyazaki didn't feel alright with the ending especially considering it outright adds an outer presence being the Moon god.

well that's part of the problem, we've been arguing about whether or not the dark moon is an outer god but then it turns out he didn't write the quest-line or really wanted the ending either, so it just muddles up the distinction that the other endings respect

Yeah so how did it make it past Miyazaki.

Elden Ring
Director(s) Hidetaka Miyazaki Yui Tanimura

where was she from

Attached: 1649654357856.jpg (1680x704, 265.63K)

Nope. Bullshit. No quote, no dice.

Imagine if you were on permadeath after killing Maliketh. Brutal.

i don't think you know what sharing the director chair entails

>I'm glad they did, if every ending after all that bullshit was 2 lines of dialogue and the same picture of me in a chair I'd be pissed.
Best ending doesn't have any of that though?

Attached: FQMn7B1VIAEfUef.jpg (3840x2160, 361.97K)

my wet dreams

I love my wife Ranni!

Attached: 1644712653010.jpg (1500x2000, 227.4K)

>bros...did miyazaki not write ranni?
Certainly wasn't Martin

Why is she so damn cute?

Attached: ranni1.jpg (2046x2048, 1.1M)

Dude no. You're not convincing anybody and you completely threw it with that. I need to see the source, I seriously cannot buy it any other way now.

both of those lines are mistranslated

Miyahacki needs to hand the story off to someone else. He's holding it back. I should have ended the game married to her. At least the game ends so inconclusively that I can just headcanon it with no issues

Attached: 1649799801737.jpg (1418x2000, 222.54K)

It would be more Miyazaki to have her quest end with you finding her covered in blood next to the dead two fingers and picking up an item that says something vague

>I should have ended the game married to her.
lol the only ending that acknowledges her survival is the one where she swears to kill you

Stupid coomer

*ahem*

Fuck the Golden Order
Fuck the Outer Gods
And fuck Corhyn

Attached: 732BE5B2-7216-44BA-8256-C6477D6051DE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.6M)

das rite, this rya dynasty now

Attached: 66EC77BF-04C4-4448-9341-41DE511EC9C0.png (1062x1280, 1.31M)

Whether it acknowledges it or not in the finished product, she survives when I use the needle to remove demon aids from my body. Everything about that needle is just reeks of massive amounts of cut content (and the secret areas)

why does he look like a zombie?

What's this "True Order" Kenneth keeps going on about?

>worst god Rykard got cute loyal dancer girl

extreme asceticism leaves a nigga looking like that

Goldmask is honestly based. Corhyn gets pissed when he realizes Goldmask is going against the GW. Corhyn just wasn't based enough. Goldmask is a "mankind first" kind of chad.

Shes a good girl pretending to be a villainess. Cute cute cute.

Attached: 1641306872427.jpg (736x1031, 183.13K)

Yeah the whole marriage thing and her being in the miniature doll by the end but also in the one that was with the dead fingers that got sent off really had me scratching my head, especially given she had only one voiceline after finally resting in the minidoll. It felt tacked on late in development, but honestly a lot did nearer to the end of the game. Hell four endings are just the same thing.

The way she acts did feel sort of out of place for a Soulsborne game. Like she did that sketchy thing with the rune of death and then all of it got brushed aside for chuuni tsundere crap.

ITT: anons mad that ranni is simply such a superior choice in comparison to everyone and everything else
also you still havent given a source for the quote

goldmask never went against GW, he just said the GO as originally placed was flawed. corhyn is zealous faith while goldmask is INT/FAITH, he is able to come up with a rune that returns the erdtree stronger than ever. there are hints in the lore that GO prophets frequently forsaw the erdtree burning

nothing states the moon is a god or even implies it has a will, furthermore its spells have no faith requirement, which is unique to all other outer god related spells
further, Ranni's entire desire is to be free of outer god influence, it being an outer god conflicts with her goals
its probably just a primordial force

You guys are misinterpretting.He's not againts GW or the Two Fingers, he seems specifically to not like the Gods/Demigods for being flawed.

He seems to be a Martin Luther expy, where he is for reforming the Church, not the destruction on it.

exactly. so why does the dark moon get an ending while others like sellen didn't get a glintstone/primeval force ending? it was tacked on at some point in development and the ending clearly clashes thematically with the order/chaos the other endings are

Bullshit

you don't remove the frenzied flame, you merely tame and dull it
that needle has to be a part of you forever, should you wish to stave the frenzied influence

>The cutscene when defeating Maliketh seems to imply that something has changed by unbinding the rune of death,
Really liked that cutscene cause you rarely see From games acknowledge the normals enemies.

>still no source
ok faggot

>He seems to be a Martin Luther expy, where he is for reforming the Church, not the destruction on it.

no, he's basically Thomas Aquinas and GO fundamentalism is a form of thomism.

Reminder that Godwyn always had fish legs and you LITERALLY cannot prove otherwise.

Attached: godwynthegoldfish.png (560x454, 300.71K)

because sellen's quest was dogshit while ranni's quest was far bigger. her quest outright opens up a portion of the map otherwise impossible to get to. ranni is also far more lore and plot relevant than sellen is, being one of the main instigators of a major event in elden history. ranni having an ending and sellen not is perfectly reasonable

does ranni's quest seem like anything miyazaki would typically wright? it's ok to admit he probably didn't write it.

>guide the moon as you wish bro
>ok, I guided the moon such that it's guiding everyone
nigger what?

>muh norse mythology
why do nord fags always insert their "heim" shit into everything? i have bloody terminal nord fatigue. this game was more about celt and welsh myths.