What went wrong?

What went wrong?
Hard mode: No mention of 343

Attached: file.png (1083x609, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-on-sale-limited-time-xbox-deal-new?amp=1
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games-Xbox-Series-X-S-Games/zgbs/videogames/20972814011/ref=zg_bs_nav_videogames_2_20972798011
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bungie left

Campaign, nothing
Multiplayer, no content

/thread
kys op

>what went wrong with the game
>but uhhh im a dumb fucking faggot bitch so don't mention the developer
kill yourself

Open world. If they didn't make it an open world game, it would have been a lot better.

Nigger most of the people who worked on Halo at Bungie stayed with 343, most people at Bungie right now are new guys only working on destiny.

Open world games are too long and suck. 343 did good in keeping the campaign 10 hours. Doesn’t need to be any longer than that.

No multiplayer content for 6 months

Gameplay is fine, it just lacks content.

Can't make a truly next-gen game when nobody can find the consoles to buy. I knew it was doomed from the timing of release.

three four three

Attached: $20 in only 4 months .png (1695x966, 1.05M)

Almost entirely upper management bullshit. 343 has redeemed themselves in my mind because years later, Master Chief Collection isn't just fixed and on PC, it also has brand new features like maps and they just added Flood to ODST firefight. That's really cool to me, and shows dedication. The problem is it took nearly 7 years to actually get that way, and I don't want to wait that long on Infinite to get good. 5 also took years to get good, but after the last Forge update it was incredible (still a shitty campaign though).

Spring sales, Snoy

The campaign was great but everyone finished playing it.

>source: my ass

This

Free to play game also trying to have a story mode that would release in parts, it's yet another example of why genshin is top dog

Multiplayer content:
No forge yet
No firefight yet
Nothing like warzone yet
Tried to reinvent btb by having vehicles spawn in randomly. The start of the match isn't as exciting anymore because it's dominated by powerful vehicles fighting over the middle of the map anymore so it just feels like a large scale slayer until people start converging on objectives
Game doesn't let you play the way you want to get rewarded with exp, can't even queue into the exact gamemode or map you'd like without losing any sort of xp gain
No new maps whenever they finish them, have to wait until the end of seasons
Didn't ship with anything similar to Zanzibar, Guardian or Lockout

Multiplayer as a f2p live service:
failed to copy fortnite's live service model from the start
failed to notice fortnite unifying all their game modes to give xp to their battlepass
thought they could be a hundred times as greedy as fortnite by not having premium currency in their battlepass and wildly inflated cosmetic prices

Singleplayer:
It was alright, needs co-op

Is this compatible with Xbox one?

Which story mode?

I wonder with the Endless on the verge of being released, I wonder how fucked is humanity? How’s Chief going to stop this one?

>d-don't mention 343
t. ske7ch

>No mention of 343
The game lost its identity of a slower paced dudebro shooter to complement to fast paced dudebro shooter of CoD.
The game forgot that it was supposed to be giving the impression of things being grander than they are. You may be the last supersoldier but you're a small fish in the grand scheme of things. Characters regularly make sweeping sacrifices and you're surrounded by larger than life characters. Each marine used to be distinct (ie Chipps Dubbo) and its been replaced with huffing its own bullshit/legend as well as adopting an almost Marvel-like presentation to its story. It doesn't work.

And yet older, smaller and less "anticipated" games have less severe sales drops
yes

Attached: Also on sale.png (1837x980, 1.28M)

That’s not true, the fact that the MCC is dead on Xbox while Infinite is very much alive on Xbox just says that people don’t like slow Halo.

Actually, you're both wrong. Most of the ex-Bungie devs just moved over to Certain Affinity instead of 343. It's especially telling, since they're the only one of the 3 with any passion and talent for Halo these days.

>comparing an Xbox game to Nintendo when Nintendo is known for not dropping their prices and if they do, not by much

>lost its identity of a slower paced
>Marvel-like presentation
It took Halo 1 game before it went full on unbridled action with dual wielding, an ost filled with electric guitars + actual songs, remove health replacing it with the first iteration of CoD health system and cringe little quips whenever something happens

Console players have always moved on to -latest game- though?

>halo became barren at 30 just like a woman

It’s really sad that they didn’t build off of CE.

Cortana and Marines always quipped. Grunts always were goofy.
But the story presentations of antagonists was far different, compare say Truth to the Banished were clearly going for that Thanos energy.

A live service game that offers no actual service.

Attached: itsover.gif (320x220, 1.49M)

>compared Xbox's biggest (and honestly only) game which many would have bought the console for it alone to Nintendo third party games that actually drop pretty frequently and have longer legs for it
fixed

>Snoy trying this hard
ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-on-sale-limited-time-xbox-deal-new?amp=1

Open world games usually suck even if they're short. I don't want open world when I put a Halo in my Xbox. That's stupid. I want Halo. ODST is great because it does that. Wars, despite having a good soundtrack and being a nice RTS, doesn't do well in sales or player retention because that's not what most people actually want out of Halo. When people play a game in an established franchise, they expect a certain style of gameplay. Sometimes you can stretch it a bit, other times not so much. In many missions, Infinite plops you in the middle of nowhere with terrible cover and lazy enemy engagements. Halo was known for the opposite of that. And because they tried to force other open world sections to work and spent all their time designing it, all of the linear missions are as on-rails and repetitive as the interior of the level the flood are first shown to you in CE. Open world is a waste of dev time for Halo.

When people play Halo campaigns, they expect a sandbox, Halo 3 was the closest to CE before Infinite released. Any Halo campaign that ruins the sandbox sucks.

>what went wrong?
>hard mode, don't mention what went wrong
lel.
halo hasn't moved systems since 4 took a shit on the franchise. there's a reason 5 never had a playercount.

How many months of Gamepass did you get posting that affiliate link?
>Snoy
pic related

Attached: material.png (800x450, 576.86K)

>he’s trying to push his narrative while Infinite continues to sell well
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games-Xbox-Series-X-S-Games/zgbs/videogames/20972814011/ref=zg_bs_nav_videogames_2_20972798011
Keep crying, Snoy

Number one reason I think is that the shitty engine hasn't properly been coded and optimized in decades

But sorry to break the hard mode rule but it's 100% on 343. They had entire SIX fucking years (the longest dev time of any Halo) and I can't even imagine the budget costs

The constant need for chasing trends has seriously fucked this franchise beyond belief. They were fucking around for 3+ years until in 2019 they restarted and had to do everything from scratch. The potential for new gamemodes and gameplay aspects for Halo is limitless yet nothing innovative has happened

We have to wait up towards 2+ years for this game to be feature complete when it should've launched like that in the first place. There needs to be a top down removal of all higher ups at 343 and a banning of contractor pajeets

Attached: Infinite 2019 build.png (1197x803, 1.04M)

>MCC
The newest game in that collection is almost 10 years old, and wasn't liked very much when it came out. Before that, Reach is going to be 12 later this year. People aren't playing MCC constantly because they've already played those to death, and zoomers don't like the graphics. Saying people don't like slower Halo for this reason is not only a logical fallacy, but also one of the most corporate shill, ass-sucking, zoomer, ADHD, mentally retarded things you could say.

The story mode is fucking great desu. Is better than 3, 4, 5 and reach.
The mp is cool but it fucking lacks content

Fuck 434, it’s all their fault

>That one pic that shows more people finished Elden Ring than people finished the first mission of Halo Infinite
I don't have that image, Halo and 343 have to pay rent to live in my head, though they could ask Microsoft for more money considering it's the only way 343 stays alive.

Attached: 5g-JxdzNwt553Hab.jpg (360x640, 23.17K)

Underrated post

>Hey you know how people love customizing armor in halo?
>Yeah
>Let's make ALL of that limited time purchases like fortnite!
It's a mystery...

>Fromdrone at it again

The worst part is that two years from now we'll get the usual chorus of "Oh, well it released in a rough state but it's really good now. 343 really listened and fixed things." Why the fuck does a company ever need to release a complete game when they can just half-ass it and then, if they get called out enough, they can just put the work in that they should have done in the first place and get praised anyway.

You can have this (You) if you can make a decent defense for Halo Infinite/343 without resorting to name calling

Attached: 0bd0ed742059cd7f4c83882095aeb3752e45dfbfv2_hq.jpg (1024x487, 31.19K)

It includes everyone that installed halo infinite and started playing it, I don't think it's a comparable margin

>keeps bringing up Fromtrash in a Halo thread
Fromshit is the crap they've been shitting out since Demon Souls on the PS3. It's open world is also dogshit and too long like all the rest.

boring open world campaign with nothing going on. no real story being told outside of the space dolphin talking about the endless, there's no endless teaser in the ending. i just want my shitty linear campaign back, its easier to shove story into that.

Halo's campaigns been dogshit ever since they went full linear back in 2004.

and it's still better than whatever 343 tried pulling off with infinite. im not buying this half baked trash and being forced to buy expansions every two years later down the line for another four hour free roaming garbage in the same seasonal terrain without it feeling 'alive'.

literally a few post ago I only mentioned Elden Ring once and now you're deadlocked on a game I haven't even played.
That's fair but the fact that a higher percentage of people beat a Japanese game (on Xbox) known for its difficulty in around a month than the first mission of the Xbox's biggest title in around 4 months is something to note. Halo Infinite may have started well enough but it quickly died due to lack of real interest and word of mouth, which has lead to this

How long until Phil hangs himself?

>game not developed by gamers
>giving unrelatable backstory to bootleg Doomguy
>343

Funny you would say that when Infinite's campaign is better than what the series been shitting out since 2004 for campaigns.

(You)

>I only mentioned Elden Ring once
You shouldn't have mentioned it at all, Snoy. Call me when you actually have games to talk about on your no games system.