Why is all the "protective" equipment so fucking shit? Wow, 10 or 15% damage reduction. That's barely even noticeable...

Why is all the "protective" equipment so fucking shit? Wow, 10 or 15% damage reduction. That's barely even noticeable. And then the game has the audacity to claim it "vastly" reduces damage. How about giving me 50% and 100% like a normal RPG?

Attached: Talisman_haligdrake_talisman_2.png (1000x1000, 1.36M)

It gives direct damage absorption; not resistance, you fucking clown.

Even placebo effect is good enough

what i hate is how no other armor even comes close to radahn and that other guys armor in the game when it comes to protection, they're both on another tier of their ownwj

you can get your DA stupid high even in pvp where talismans and spells are a lot weaker
could've easily made this pointless thread a post on /vg/
0-4: Pure Dex dualist with buckler and rapier
5-9: Pure fth assassin with powerstanced fire erdsteel daggers

Cos if you put 15% extra on top of the 45% your armor gives you that's like 25% less damage taken than with just the armor which isn't bad my dude

Because the higher you get the percent the more effective it is. 10% isn't going to do shit. If you get something to 50% you're taking half the damage. Not to mention the flat damage reduction on top of that.

honestly with how broken you can make your damage with weapon arts and stuff I kinda wish they went all in on the ability to break stats and items wide open. being able to for instance heal off of really high fire absorb would be cool assuming it actually took some sacrifices to get there. or being able to do more crazy stuff with perfumes and pots and have them deal more damage (maybe make the pot ring/helm give more % dmg or something)

Threre are plenty more ultra-heavy armor sets that have more stats than Radahn
It doesn’t work this way due to the diminishing returns. You’ll get maybe 5 or 6% off.

>diminishing returns
No you retard it adds a flat amount to your existing number

there are very good lifestealing builds that greatly benefit from having a lot of max HP, but players are too retarded and focus all on incremental increases in damage. pic related is bonkers with a lot of ashes of war, namely prelate's charge.

Attached: great stars elden ring.png (298x662, 68.39K)

What other guy?

>equip dragon greatshield talisman
>can wear any armor without feeling like I'm losing out on damage resistance

Feels good man.

Attached: I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE.webm (720x404, 2M)

I hate how fucking useless 90% of the armor is. It's like 4 sets that are actually armor you notice having, while the rest are just "here's some fashion you fucking nerd."
And I will die before I use a fat plate armor set.

here you go retard, and this is just with the radahn set.

Attached: elden ring defense.jpg (1920x1080, 193.23K)

sure I know there's some cool tools out there but I'd like to see more stuff like the niche hollow/luck build in ds3, or some of the more crazy stuff you can do in other rpgs

fantastic talisman. the ones who think it isn't good can't into math

I get 1 hit or I get 2 hit
I get 2 hit or I get 3 hit
The choice is yours

I can take 6 hits easily.

>10 or 15% isn't much
We all know that even 13% can be too much.

>level 176
>All that endurance

Attached: 1344401579224.jpg (347x344, 108.32K)

>baby is too retarded to stack shit and make an actual build of their own and just wants the "i win against X" delivered to him in a silver plate in the form a single piece of equipment
Why dont you ask for a 1hko charm as well faggot?

I'm planning a build like this but much lower level

That 10 or 15% or whatever can be the razor's edge between surviving a hit to stay in the fight and one-shotting your happy ass.

>51 faith
>not a single offensive incantation
you do realise the health regen and body buffs don't scale

Physical damage protection against Malenia is absolutely necessary

It’s not gonna save you from waterfowl, so you might as well not bother.

>like the niche hollow/luck build in ds3,
just an objectively terrible build?

I'm sure you do Stacy

Surviving the first wave of swings is entirely possible, and after that it's easy.

>one move invalidates the rest of the game
yeah since she one shots you even with 60 vigor there's no point in leveling that up either. just leave it at 10

except it does. i could survive it at 40vig wearing scale armor+phys def talisman as long as i managed to dodge even one of the ticks.

>SL 178
so this is what half of players mean when they say they """beat""" Elden Ring

Attached: cringe.jpg (128x128, 4.49K)

% based defense is dogshit and has always been sience DS3. it is because this is just re-skinned DS3, same engine same mechanics almost.

Just stack stat boosting equips.

As opposed to not playing the game and saying they ""beat"" it?

I've seen this a bunch of times. what are you supposed to spend those souls on? you can easily hit level 150 just from playing the game.

I just shouldn't level up because uhhhh I'm making the game too easy and some incel on Yea Forums will cry?
>tranime figures
don't bother replying this is a drive by post. I never entered your gay little thread.

it was good in the first patch with the Anri Straight Sword but Fromsoft always nerfs anything fun.

spoken like someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

hollow wasn't fun. it was crappy quality infusion. Even the idea of it was retarded.
And quality infusion was just crappy dex infusion.

i thought luck was good for minmaxers since you got 10 "free" levels by equipping hollow weapon in both hands.

You get runes from beating the content. Finishing on a low level means you skipped content, meaning you are the one who didn't beat the game.

>RL 150
>walk along one pathway from one Elphael grace to the next
>gained enough runes to level up twice
I've been wasting runes on vendors for ages, I'm running out of shit to buy and I haven't even burned the Erdtree yet. What am I 'supposed' to do with all of these?

talismans, rings, the 4 little equipables you get in every souls game (and this is just another souls game anyways) have always been and always will be shit, and the more time goes on the more shit they are

Attached: 1394395840102.jpg (800x800, 171.43K)

no it's just shit. the only reason to use it realistically would be an innate bleed weapon that you put bleed res on.

but the reality is in ds3 that's just pointless and stupid. you use dex and use a resin that the boss is actually weak to.

holy fuck nature is weird...

you should honorably commit sudoku so incels on Yea Forums don't cry that you overleveled.

ds1 rings were the best. You get only two slots but they mattered a lot

Short answer: they are just reusing rings from the previous games, they don't even care. They even had the audacity to include a cat talisman on a game you either die from gravity or barely loses HP from fall damage if at all.

You mean one slot, since everyone was using FaP ring.

shame we'll never get back to ds1, ever again. simpler times, better times.

It doesn’t. Your total negation isn’t the sum of all your armour put together. Try it for yourself.

For final boss I was stacking Holy Absorption, by using Halidrake +2 wearing nothing it adds a huge amount, but if you put it on already wearing Godskin armour the amount it adds is much less. Diminishing returns hit hard after 50%, even with buffs reaching above 80% seems impossible. Despite all the individual numbers adding up to far more than that.

You need that much to wear the best armor.

The final boss is still super fucking hard on level 200 unless you look up ways to cheese him.

it's during NG+ retard. and that level isn't necessary for the damage reduction

it's for a faith infused weapon and a faith scaling ash of war, doofus

>51 faith
>no offensive spells
>LVL 178
jesus christ

it's very doable. retards keep focusing on the level as if I needed to get to that level to do it. the level is that high because I simply happened to be in NG+ when I was experimenting

dual wielding takes a lot of stamina moron

What is the difference?

>equip defense stuff
>no longer die to the first flurry
>roll through the rest
It's that easy

you don't know what ash of war I'm using, retard. the weapon is faith infused and prelate's charge scales with faith.
>LVL 178
it's NG+ RETARD

Your mother absorbs my dick while not resisting. See?

>Has cool looking cosplay armour with no damage resistance
>adds 10% to nothing
>is surprised they still get 1 shotted

99% of players just went Havels + FaP. Two slots were far too limiting.

Beat the Miquella simp duo at around level 130 in multiple playthroughs and got enough runes to get to 150 in the final stretch, 178+ is very possible.

Dude, if you're at that level on NG+ you might as well farm runes or get a rune pack and go straight to lvl 300 or something and literally use every weapon, armor, spell and incantation in the game

>wordswordswords
you didn't beat the game. the fact you're all so flagrantly insecure about your overleveling says everything.

Attached: 9a098b868c16b35836864690d08dd8a0.jpg (640x352, 19.47K)

>be naked
>have plain 1450 HP and 0% resists

>wear heavy armor, dragoncrest greatshield talisman, cast black flame protection
>now have 4700 effective HP against phys

DEFENSE DOES NOTHING GUYS
>now

>stack talisman that has resistance to boss damage lategame
>use consumables that also add resistances
>alter physick per big boss
>optionally tack on FTH buffs for more resistance/damage
people were complaining about Elden Beast but nullifying over half of his and Radagon's damage outputs suddenly makes that fight a lot funner

didn't read, dilate

Cope and git gud scrub troon.

Attached: 20210510_130505.jpg (1058x596, 79.46K)

You will still get two/three shoted by late game bosses/enemies

The armour doesnt matter, only the damage mitigation % matters

As opposed to being oneshot. Which is, you know, a huge difference when you have 12 healing flasks to use before you die.

I saw the end credits rolling. I beat the game. Cope and seethe.

>finishing the game lower than 150
You're either a shitter that constant loses runes, or you skipped like 50% of the content. Game absolute throws runes at you, especially near the end game where a single enemy can give you several thousand. This doesn't even involve farming, simply playing the game normally and not losing runes to deaths will get you to a very high level.

that's hardly the only useless talisman
>lowers damage from headshots
which is an entirely new talisman

>rune pack
??

I almost never died except to bosses so naturally I didn't lose very many souls. I just stopped leveling after I reached 125 because I didn't need nor want to overlevel and trivialize the game like you guys did. It's that simple. I just want to add that this is why gatekeeping is important.

>I just want to add that this is why gatekeeping is important.
Indeed, it keeps fags like you out.

>the armor doesn't matter
>only the defense the armor gives you
what in the fuck

>n-no you!!
lame, lame

>gatekeeping is important...
>...because of my autistic houserules, somehow
Riveting.

yeah same reason why women gatekeep you from having sex.

Holy kek

>crying about "overleveling"
>in an open world game
Imagine taking the more retarded path and still feeling insecure.

back to discord, tranny

why are you so insecure about it though