>90% of playerbase use dex weapons

yet dexfags will still tell you with a straight face that STR is just as good if not better.

Why can't you people just admit you played on easymode? Nobody will fault you for it.

Attached: rivers.jpg (1280x720, 174.21K)

but how many of those are rapierchads like me? probably none

I play on easymode. What of it? Are you going to come to my house and break my disc? Suck my dick, faggot.

im dex but i use curved swords without bleed

fth/strbut highest stat is endurance

i'm STR but i've had to use the flamberge and infuse my other greatswords with bleed just to keep up with these niggas.

I played with STR/FTH for 95% of the game, then switched to Quality/FTH to try most of the weapons in the game. Quality is far and away the better way to go, you can basically use anything you want with pretty good stats. I regret going with Faith over Intelligence, but I didn't know there would be so many INT weapons in the game that were better than FTH weapons.

I'm starting a samurai run to see what the fuss is all about

How fucked am I if I don't use RoB?

>Are you going to come to my house and break my disc?
omw

not at all, nearly every katana is OP compared to everything else

there's actually no reason to use quality in elden ring
a keen/heavy or int/fai scaling build will always do more damage
it's kind of sad

Play a different game already, holy shit.

Who cares.

Dex players are the people who used summons and typed “WHAT IS THE MOST OP BUILD” into YouTube before they even installed the game.

If they are that desperate to beat the game, let them.

str is a bitch to play in this game due to the spastic nature of half the enemies in the game.

yeah same. Not only there are more int weapons, they're also extremely overpowered thanks to frost being as broken as bleed and most late game bosses have holy resist. The game fucking hates you if you play STR/FTH

why wouldn't you use the best weapons mouth breather?

>BRO YOU CAN STAGGER THE BOSSES THO
yeah but after rolling a couple times to dodge enemy attacks, and swinging my giant hammer a SINGLE TIME, my stamina is completely depleted so I can't dodge the second combo the boss pulls out his ass. Not that it would matter because it takes 2 seconds just to lift my hammer back up after swinging it anyway, so I'm eating some hits no matter what.

Dex has always been superior for PVE. Since DS1 the divide has only become larger and larger between STR and dex, as boss AI becomes more complex and fast paced it's just straight up better to play with a falchion as opposed to a great hammer.

where's your greatlance str"""chad"""?
your greatshield?
grave scythe?
>no see what I actually mean by str build is ultra greatsword two handed and I only roll because I need to be the 10 thousandth Guts cosplay

STR bad?

Didn’t Asmongold beat this game literally spamming jump attack the entire game with a Halberd?

>my stamina is completely depleted
fucking how, stamina is incredibly cheap in DS3 and ER. You're not going to run out of stamina unless you spam rolls like a retard. If you ran out of stamina because of the attack, it literally doesn't matter because it's going to stagger the enemy 99% of the time and you'll regenerate enough stamina to attack one more time. You don't need the full stamina to attack, if you have 1 (one) stamina you'll attack and stagger the enemy again
>jump attack
he didn't beat the game, same goes for crouch attacks

upgrading your weapon increases stamina usage by a stupid amount

>fucking how, stamina is incredibly cheap in DS3 and ER
rolled 2 times and swung my giant hammer once. That's how it goes when you use colossal weapons.

I played the game with colossal weapons, never had a stamina problem. Of course you're not going to be able to attack 3-4 times with a colossal weapon without depleting your stamina, that how it always worked. But you don't even need stamina since 1 stamina is enough to attack and the stamina regenerates really fast.

How is jump attack the same tier as summons and weapon arts lol.

Str players are the ones who want to bash their head against a wall endlessly and then whine about it like DSP, let them.

bad dexfags will still win most pvp because it basically just comes down to who hits who first, but on the off chance they come across a strengthchad they'll get their ass handed to them, not because strength is better, but because strength users actually need to learn how to play effectively, but dexfags just see that they lost to a strength build so they'll think strength is just as good as dex

I had fun with my Arcane build using that funny long drill rapier. Used mimic on the last boss after a few attempts because it wasvpwt annoying lol

>play through game with STR, either obnoxious dealing with enemies or monotonous spamming the same shit over and over with jump attacks
>DEX for second build
>katanas shredding through literally everything
Rivers of Blood is a disgusting weapon

>Why can't you people just admit you played on easymode?
there is no easy mode. everyone has access to the same tools. why cry just because your choice is worse? you made the choice. ER is not a moba, there is no need to release balance patches

to be fair they gave STR/FTH Blasphemous Blade which is hilariously busted against a huge chunk of the game, including the final bosses

Blood weapon != Dex weapon
Get it through your fucking heads. STR weapons are just as good if not easier than DEX weapons. It's weapons with arcane scaling, i.e. blood weapons that you're thinking of, OP.

The fact that STR facts can hit 1800 while dual wielding a shitty weapon you get early in the game and I can only hit 800 dual wielding Dex weapons at the very end of the game should be enough to prove my point. I get less than 1 "bleed" per boss on average, so don't try to use that as an excuse either. STR is the easier mode.

If you are able to use Rivers of Blood then you have a blood/arcane build, not a dex build, you fucking faggot.

Dex build means you use shit like whips and katanas with no arcane scaling at all, like hand of Malenia.

Yeah blasphemous blade is broken, but it's annoying playing the whole game as a holy paladin and having to change your entire playstyle at the endgame.

The fast and weaker hitting weapon(s) are usually better than the slower but heavier hitting weapon(s). Isn't that how it usually works in most games?

There are just as many strong STR weapons as Dex. But all the YouTube videos are Dex/bleed focused.

I don’t even see the purpose in looking up OP builds for PvE. Like how bad are you at the game where you need that big of an advantage?

my friend played all dark souls games reading a guide. He looked up where every weapon and armor are and even watched walkthrough of areas before playing them. He's not even bad at games, he killed most of the bosses without taking any damage. Normalfags are just retarded and they can't play games blind.

I'm tired of people assuming Dex is overpowered because they saw someone with a bleed build. Bleed is not dex, Dex on its own is well balanced.

why do people get mad that players use the most efficient option instead of being mad that From Software can't balance for fucking dogshit when they've had 11 years to figure this shit out

What do you mean? I did my entire first playthrough with a golden halberd then switched to the vastly superior rivers moonveil combo, then used that to victory lap and delete everything in NG+. It is easy mode and I don't care.

yeah, and a good number of dex weapons have bleed on it. it's not hard to figure out for anyone who isn't an idiot that dex/bleed is very strong.

Again, Rivers is arcane and Moonveil is INT. Neither are "dex weapons". I know because my fucking pure dex build, which beat the game, can't use either of these weapons. The best dex weapon in the game is Hand of Malenia and you get it at the very end. Second best is Nagakiba. Literally anyone using Rivers of Blood or Moonveil is NOT a pure dex account.
The bleed on non-arcane scaling weapons is pathetic. I get less than 1 bleed per boss on average and when it happens it's less than 5% of their health. That's it. So on like half the bosses I get a slight 5% boost. And I used the Uchikatana and Nagakiba for reference.

I was using regular katanas up until I killed Okina retard, C DEX scaling at +9. I respecced and got some extra Arcane for Rivers to see what all the fuss was about but turns out it barely even needs that.
Uchi is fucking ridiculous, Nagakiba is fucking ridiculous, they really just made it a fucking DEXfag game.

This game is not even hard.

You can use strength, int, faith, dex, whatever. The fact people even feel the need to use a summon is laughable.

Upgrade your weapon, pump stats into your main attribute and vigor. Congrats, you can literally beat the game with rolls and light attacks.

>complain about DEX
>post ARC weapon
What did he mean by this?

Maybe if you're using weapon arts. Weapon arts in general are OP.

Everything I said here: assumes you never use weapon arts, which I consider a crutch.

>weapon arts, which I consider a crutch
why even play the game

I let my little brother play blind, he's a first time souls player, and he said he doesn't like the big weapons because they're too slow. I imagine a lot of new players aren't going to like slow weapons.

The game was fun to beat without weapon arts. Malenia was fucking hard with Uchi/Nagakiba combo and no weapon arts.

The way I see it, with weapon arts, you can just spam Hoarfrost Stomp on literally any enemy in the game, regardless of your build. There are other weapon arts that are like this too. That alone makes the whole thing OP in my opinion, so I stuck to katanas with no bleed and no weapon arts. Malenia was genuinely hard this way, but the game was fun.

I've been playing 90 hours on pure strength build. People say that it's the hard mode but I'm literally ungabunga jump attack, strong attack all throughout the game. I barely die after stormveil castle and I killed all bosses within 4 tries or less. Most of them in my first try.
But after getting the eleonora's poleblade and shifting to arcane build, I unironically started having fun despite dying more frequently. I don't know why this happened though. Maybe because there's a difficulty spike in leyndell, I have less vigor and/or physical resistance, or I'm not used to the gameplay but at least I'm playing more frequently these days.

>in-game mechanic on weapons is a crutch
sorry forgot I was playing DS1 again

>+10 rivers of blood has B dex scaling
>dexfags are so unhinged they'll tell you its not a dex weapon
holy shit you can't make this up boys

It is fun to play it like DS1 though.

Also some weapon arts let you do things like throw lightning at an enemy. So just stand in a corner and throw lightning at every boss until he's at 30% health. Then jump attack a few times and you're done. That fucking sucks and weapon arts are OP, so if you used them you played on easy mode as far as I'm concerned.

Not trying to be mean, but 90 hours is nothing in this game and Leyndell is like 1/3 of the way through the game. Your build doesn't really matter in the slightest at that point in the game.

If I can't use it after putting all my points into Dex, which I did, then it's not a Dex weapon. Arcane weapons are broken as fuck, but what can you do. And as I said before, weapon arts in general are OP and easy mode. Playing without them is the best way.

I'm using 50/50 str/fth powerstanced tree halberd + golden gargoyle halberd and it's been a blast, doesn't feel weak at all. Running r1 is fast as fuck and hits hard, l1 staggers most things without hyperarmor, jump attack does a fuckton of damage, and in pvp I have so many options for mixups especially with beast incantations mixed in. 10/10 imo

So when will it matter then? I just got bored because the only boss that I had a hard time is margit because I took more than 3 hours, about 50+ tries on him and maybe godrick for about 7 tries. But after that, I didn't find any boss that hard.
I beat the crucible knights within 2 tries, the boss that everyone say that it's difficult. Without summons ofc. Though I don't know if you'll count nerfed hoarfrost stomp as cheating.
Anyways, all I know is that I slightly die more frequently while roaming with my new arcane build

>bro I had to allocate 3 levels into a stat that isn't dex, therefore its not a dex weapon!
we never had people this retarded in the souls community 10 years ago. Crazy times we live in.

>90% of players are retards therefore they're right!
90% of players were also retard viglets who had to depend on spirits/mimic and were dumb enough to add stats for incremental damage increases

>Are you going to come to my house and break my disc?

Attached: 1480904791729.gif (350x263, 79.78K)

Malenia is the only point where the game actually challenges you and if your build sucks you will not make it. So I would say it matters at the Haligtree.
There's a shitload of weapons that scale at A for STR but require a few Faith points to wield, but I bet you if I showed you any of them you'd say "T-that's not a strength weapon. That's faith, which is OP." Same shit.

I am very open about which crutches I used. I used item crafting, pumped up vigor a shitload, and used great runes often. Weapon arts and bleed, however, were not among them.

most dexfags are retards that don't realize the reason they have so much trouble with many enemies and some bosses is because lighter weapons can't make them flinch like heavier weapons can. greatswords are the best balance of damage, speed, range, and stun power.

>implying
it's quality with a heavy hit of fth/arc/int really any of your choosing. all weapons in this game when properly utilized will decimate.

bro rapier+glintstone shard WA is OP. or you can be an absolute chad and dual wield the ant spurs.

their cope because they had use a big crutch and don't want to admit it

Honestly the more I play this game (currently in NG+, have 100% all items in the game), the more it seems like FromSoft wanted players to put stats into everything. Using any specific build feels discouraged, but it seems like they wanted players to mix and match a little of everything. Maybe not combining Faith and Int, but definitely Strength, Dex, and Faith, or Strength, Dex, and Int.

Faith can actually be a lot more overpowered than anything int has to offer.

Keep coping STRedditors

Attached: 1629421138509.jpg (1054x1587, 144.53K)

haha absolutely fucking idiot opinion. utility>raw power.

katana/bleed is peak reddit. cope

>Malenia is the only point where the game actually challenges you
Now that's just disappointing. Not that I would trust a random user but which build do you think would not work against her? Assuming I have at least 40 vigor to any build.

I powerstance 2 bloody helices and hoslow whips am I gay

Attached: 1648148501835m-2.jpg (584x1024, 117.2K)

I've been curious about Quality over Heavy but the stat investment to make it even equal just makes it seem like a NG+ thing.

Of course I'm going to lie to people and say STR is just as good if not better. I love low-diffing 3 STR users in an invasion. It really makes me hard chasing all three of them down and killing them in 2 L2 presses

get fucked faggot I will fuck you with a nihil spear, and make memes of you crying getting fucked by my nihil spear