About to play this for the first time, what's a fun build?

about to play this for the first time, what's a fun build?

Attached: disco.jpg (1200x1600, 936.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Q1F_jdzBZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pick what *you would be*

>Omnipotent build
Create a save file
Follow the instructions here
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q1F_jdzBZY
Congratulations, you can now play the game only once and not waste your time on builds that add mostly nothing.

The voices in your head change significantly depending on your stats

Literally anything, just roleplay.

Failing checks is often as interesting or more interesting than passing them.

I think any playthrough should include either Shivers or Inland Empire.

>missing out on the content that comes from failing checks
>missing out on the content that comes from having a certain combination of low and high skills
You didn’t beat the game.

inland empire.
always run inland empire your first time

Not really. You will get some funny failstates here and there, but having full schizo mode where every voice in your head gives you advice is way better than going through a pure physical build or a mix of between.
See above, not most failure checks are good, and even then the game railroads you into succeeding (not investing points into shivers yet still have high enough from other observations throughout the game)
>missing out on the content that comes from having a certain combination of low and high skills
Such as? There are no content I remember where you have a stat in low-end and a stat in high-end. All the interesting shit is locked behind high-stat quests.

>Not even ten posts
>Thread already ruined by some autistic faggot who doesn't like video games
lmao

What are your favorite Thoughts in the game? I really wish I did more on my first playthrough instead of just dumping points into stats

Attached: Disco-Elysium-thoughts-1212x682.png (1212x682, 1.5M)

>He didn't become Raphael Ambrosius Costeau

Attached: 17re7u86giq81.jpg (640x555, 45.07K)

>Such as?
Torque Dork, for example.

If you're passing every check, you'll never see Detective Costeau tell Garte about whores riding the cock carousel and liven the town with your artistic soul and Cindy's paintbrush.

You should build a resume, so that you can get a job you bum.

Inland Empire
Empathy
Shivers
Half Light

Actual Art Degree is by far the best. Finger Pistols (9mm) also gets some very key moments.

best game i've played in a long time

first playthrough i went inland empire and did a LOT of the game without any help just fucking around. found a lot of hidden shit on my own passing crazy hard checks

second playthrough i went reflexes and it was a lot more 'difficult'.

the game is fantastic no matter what you play. it's fucking hilarious. i still think about it from time to time and will never uninstall it from my computer no matter how long

I just played through the first day of the game and i don't even know if i like it or not. I know i was getting pissed off that i was failing so many goddamn rolls. Even fixing the faucet with like 80+% chance failed.

Is there a time limit or can you take as long as you want on the investigation?

Sounds super interesting. How should I allocate my stats?

just keep going...failed checks can be annoying because you want to know what happens but knowing what happens on a failed check is just as interesting as knowing what happens on a passed one

Your name should be Tequila sunset, fucking fakers.
I think that's the only example I can think of where you need a stat to be lower than usual.

do you even get anything out of fixing your frozen ass face?

I own a deck of cards of all the physilogues so if you want a random one I can pick a card from the middle of the deck and see what you get

Attached: IMG_20220412_223648438~2.jpg (3456x2754, 1.66M)

I went 6, 3, 1, 2, with Composure as my signature
Had a bit of a tough time with some of the physical stats early on, but equipment and thoughts later on were enough to more than make up the difference
I ended the game with only one or two skills below 4, and most of them at 6 or 7, which was perfectly fine for most checks

You've got a bit over a week
Should be enough to do all the content you can even with fuck ups, just make sure you stay up at night to tie up loose ends instead of sleeping as soon as you can

Put more stats into those four but remember that it is possible to beat the game with any build.

your portrait turns fucking silly with this stupid ass grin and you get some funny dialogue lol

No my name is Detective Cousteau

Keep with it user. Failing checks sucks at first because it's ingrained in your mind that failing checks in video games is bad, but a lot of fun shit happens in this game from failing checks. There was a point where I tried to catch some shit someone tossed to me and failed the check and it hit my eye which opened up an option for me to extort the person for cash. Failing checks can open to other options

Is the map something you're supposed to get early? I couldn't even find the boat with the pines rep during day 1

Whatever you do, don't pussy around and try to play all angles. Commit to stats. You can't do everything, just like life. If you try, you're gonna miss out on everything cool.

4/4/3/1 or 3/5/3/1?
Interested most in Visual Calculus, Inland Empire, Empathy, Shivers, and Half Light

The map is available immediately and not hard to find if you look for it, but entirely optional

3/5/3/1 sounds solid. There are checks for yellow skills but they're the minority.

From my experience, stats tend to start popping off more once they hit 4, if that influences your decision at all

best and funniest attributes overall are psyche (purple) and physique (red)

Build? There is no point in meta playing this game. The game will insult you for trying to do so now and then. Maybe when you play your fourth or so run and want to see different things or you're hunting for achivements you can start thinking about builds. Don't let the two health bars in the game intimidate you. Get healing items and don't be afraid to fail. This is a very ungamey game if you know what I mean. A visual novel but you decide who Harry is going to be.

He's just asking which stats people think would make for an interesting experience user, it's not that deep

Inland Empire
Espirit des Corps
Shivers
Half-Light
For the full-on schizo-experience

Attached: disco schizo.png (1280x1600, 1.36M)

The thing with Motorics is that it has a whole bunch of checks that I really hate failing.

That works
Or you can go with 2-5-4-1, or 3-4-4-1 as well
Mechanically, a large amount of passive skill check barriers occur at every even number, with the vast majority of skill dialogue being behind Medium which requires 4.

Man, there's so many moments in this game that just fucking stick with me, like the dream sequence with HER near the end of the game that's completely missable.

Attached: 20210721023152_1.jpg (1920x1080, 442.79K)

And I'm saying he's not ready for Revachol no matter what stats he picks. There is no way a new player can know that high stats are interesting but not very good game mechanic-wise in this game. Just telling him the game isn't very gamey. You don't get the best stats in the best build to beat the final boss.

If you want the schizo build then go I don't recall Espirit des Corps being that fun outside of dealing with cops. With high empathy you start doing some absurd shit.

Restart the game if you fail the roll for the necktie. He makes the entire game better.

You pirated this right user? Afterall, pirating is the most marxist thing you can do online. Tell me you didn't give money to the bourgeoisies and the capitalists.

>I don't recall Espirit des Corps being that fun outside of dealing with cops
It had a few fun moments but yeah, other stats were much more interesting

Attached: 20210518010520_1.jpg (1920x1080, 490.27K)

"I terminated yours. Don't you remember , you *poor* fuck? Poverty-stricken fuck."

Attached: 1621049329572.png (600x600, 185.48K)

Is Intellect overrated? The only skills that seem remotely interesting are Drama and Visual Calculus.

>There is no way a new player can know that high stats are interesting but not very good game mechanic-wise in this game
The game literally tells you this in the skill descriptions

Get some shivers and investigate the paranormal

Max out Half-Light so you can be an absolute madman

Attached: 206-201.jpg (900x506, 66.12K)

Int is equal parts skills that are crucial to investigation and understanding how to maneuver yourself through the world and interactions, and skills that only exist to be weigh you down with useless intrusive thoughts
And in most cases, those are the same skills
Psyche is the same way
That's why the game is great

Just don't invest heavily in encyclopedia or you'll be driven crazy by that mother fucker popping up and explaining everything in the world to you

That's hilarious, though
Encyclopedia bursting in like the kool-aid man to drop some hot proper nouns on you during a somber moment, or immediately after you have already embarrassed yourself by asking another person about it, never stops being great

Think of it this way: you are picking the "people" who will be your counsel and guidance throughout the course of your investigation. Who do you want to surround yourself with to help you accomplish challenges and solve problems? There is no wrong answer.

>VOLITION [Easy: Success] - Drama and Electrochemistry are the wrong answers.

The skill description tells you that they don't matter? I must have missed it.
I'm just trying to help the noob to avoid meta gaming the game since it's so forgiving compared to more gamey games. That's the advice and warning I want to give a new player of this game. Not what my favorit voice is because they technically all suck gamewise.

how insane does max half-light get? I have it at 4 and it's already making me crazy

>The skill description tells you that they don't matter?
Several skill descriptions tell you that high investment is more likely to fuck you over than anything else

Indotribe was fun but the racism one was funner.

They premade purple Harry warns you about that he's prone to insanity. I really can't recall any other hints.

How do you steal the corpse's boots? Just leave it in the courtyard overnight and go back once Kim went to sleep?