thegamer.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-ken-penders-knuckles-lawsuit/
GUESS WHOS BACK GUESS WHOS BACK

Attached: dsfdsf.png (913x927, 530.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Ken_Penders'_legal_cases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what the fuck is this guy's problem?

>All you had to do was give me Knuckes

Attached: Screenshot_20220412-220816_Chrome.jpg (1080x645, 200.77K)

People still care about archie sonic?

Attached: 1649780615802.png (785x584, 539.89K)

Obviously this was coming. I wonder if the producers of the movie know what the fuck they are up against here.

Extreme autism.

I don't know what that is

Imagine if Chris Chan but was more successful in life and wasn't as fucked up. That's Penders.

its a rabbit hole that you may never escape from

what an ugly motherfucker

He's unironically Chris-Chan who got lucky.

greed and laziness.
>His first claim was that the film's producers used his comic book character Enerjak, a demigod who possesses echidna, acting as their evil alter ego. This does not actually appear in the film, but anyone who uses the master emerald can be granted the power to defeat armies, which Penders believes is close enough.
Close
Enough

He hasn’t even seen the movie yet though has he?

Some autist who has no where near as much money as they do.

>On top of this, he takes issue with the depiction of Knuckles' father. He doesn't appear to have elaborated on why he believes Locke and the unnamed father in the movie are similar enough to warrant legal action. He says he would have been fine with this content being in the film, as long as he "[saw] a paycheck".

Why can't they counter-sue him?
This guy is a pathetic leech with autism

Let's hope he never plays SA1

Attached: Screenshot_20220409-222236_Chrome.jpg (1080x1324, 555.66K)

>suing Paramount
Woof.
Dude's either gonna get curbstomped in court or commit suicide with two to the back of the head.

Attached: T-90_tank.jpg (886x591, 153.21K)

You start talking Sonic Lore to a judge and he'll throw you the fuck out of court.

>They gave Knuckles a father
>BUT I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO GIVE HIM A FATHER
I feel bad for the lawyers that have to read this case.

>"If you think I’m worried about Paramount’s lawyers, you’re kidding yourself", he says in a reply. "They have to go before the same Judge I do and they have to submit to the Discovery process as do I. Bet I know where a lot more bodies are buried."

The arrogance of this man is astounding.

Fucking based
I love this drama

I hope they microwave an egg in the next movie just to set him off again

So it's a nothing burger? Okay

Good. Go on Panders.

oh, they probably will. he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell

>UGH JUST LET ME USE YOUR PROPERTY! I DREW 50,000 OCS THEREFORE I KIND OF OWN IT NOW!

I'm not even a sonicfag and I'm sick of hearing about this retard.

Attached: 1647451118237.png (1920x1080, 2.93M)

somehow the archives will burn again and penders will win in court
screencap this

Let's hope he never plays 3&K

Sega and Archie may have bent the knee, but Hollywood will probably beat on his sorry ass like a dead horse.

>what the fuck is this guy's problem?

He apparently held legal action over Sega, Archie Comics and Bioware (not at the same time), for ownership of his OC's. He went after Sega and Bioware for Sonic Chronicles, because the game featured some echidnas that looked like his creations. Going back to the well for more settlements.

Just why is the Sonic community so insane?

i dont think ken penders is aware that sonic is a series of videogames, his mind cannot escape the archie comics

>a nothing burger
I don't think you understand that this guy will make a massive spectacle out of this in the community that cares.
This is to Sonic fans what it would be like if JJ Abrams sued so he could copyright his version of Star Trek and take the rights.

Id do the same thing

Fuck, I would watch that case like it was the OJ Simpson trial

Yes, hiring glownigger assassins seems like a reasonable response to this autistic man.

Sadly, he'll just get laughed out of court.

If you make fanfiction of someone else's IP, doesn't that someone else own the the rights to your fanfiction, since its a derivative work? Since Enerjak is Knuckle's dad, and Sega owns Knuckles, won't a lawsuit give Sega the opportunity to officially claim Enerjak from Penders?

Not really. Sonic and Star Trek are comparable franchises, but the difference is JJ Abrams is a successful director and Penders is a nobody. He's known more for suing people than actually making anything.

no way they're stupid enough to not take precautions after the first time, also we're in the digital age so there's a very high chance, even with Japanese autism over physical docs, that everything is backed up somewhere

He won against sega in the past, so its not totally unwarranted.

Because the games are bad, so regular people don't get into it. It's the same reason why cults will have intentionally absurd beliefs: it weeds out the people who aren't committed enough to believe absurdities.

No shit. I just want them to film it.

Attached: mv5bztu0yjy2mtgtmduwys00ndc4ltlmmwmtnzu5ndy0y2jizgy3xkeyxkfqcgdeqxvymzq3nzk5mtu-_v1_sx675_cr00675999_al_.jpg (675x999, 80.76K)

No he didn't. He only won against Archie, and thats because they were incompetent.

>If you make fanfiction of someone else's IP, doesn't that someone else own the the rights to your fanfiction, since its a derivative work?
Not him. It depends on the contract. Most licensed games are partially owned by both the publisher and the licensor. Thus, a re-release can only happen with the consent of both parties.

Look on the bright side, this might be a good opportunity to introduce a motion/claim regarding stripping him of the Archie content and donut steels he clings to like a drowning man, once the momentum is thrown fully against him.

I wish Chris-chan had met Penders before he trooned out and raped his mom. Penders might unironically have made some of CWC's characters canon.

Why do people think he won against Sega? That never happened, and he won against Archie because surprisingly he was kind of right on that one and also their lawyers are retarded.

Based Hoss. OVA was the only multimedia that mattered.

>Autist makes a scene and threatens to sue
>Nothing happens because he's an autistic
>Oh no my community

Yeah it's nothing

This and if Sega was actually involved(aka If they cared) he would've lost.

I would not be surprised if Sega didn't have retarded lawyers as well

>work for a media company
>noooo why do they own everything
fucking tard lmao

Thinking about what Nintendo is doing with it's own IPs and whoever that uses them freely.
Just to avoid these kind of autistic dumbasses to get some sort of power.
I bet that Nintendo even has tons of data and unused lore stuff that might not even make any sense and it's everything registered.

I would be very surprised if Sega didn't have big league lawyers on retainer. I don't know what gives you the idea otherwise.

behold ken penders stable of legally distinct knuckles ocs. this is only like a tenth of them.

Attached: 1648699401475.png (658x1024, 1.57M)

>Sonic Chronicles
Oh yeah, that happened.

Nigga do you really have no idea what Paramount is capable of? There's a reason why they're one of the only studio to survive since the 1910s. You don't fuck with the intellectual property of something that big, unless you're a megalithic corporation or the government.

>what the fuck is this guy's problem?
Too based for this world.

what if Penders has everything fall into his lap with a retarded judge again kek

NFT

Paramount isn't even capable of launching a TV network anyone gives a shit about lmao

>If you make fanfiction of someone else's IP, doesn't that someone else own the the rights to your fanfiction, since its a derivative work? Since Enerjak is Knuckle's dad, and Sega owns Knuckles, won't a lawsuit give Sega the opportunity to officially claim Enerjak from Penders?

Penders worked for Archie Comics and was one of the writers/ artists who created a whole Knuckles back story. Archie Comics thought anything that Penders created was owned by Sega. But due to some paperwork mishaps on Archie's part, Penders could actually claim ownership on what he created. Penders used this to go after Sonic Chronicles for the DS, because Bioware used some Knuckles characters that Penders claimed looked like his own.

Like, if I'm being honest the flashback stuff did remind me of Enerjak. But it wasn't distinctly Enerjak in any real way. It just looked like a tribe chief in war armor.

Now if they brought in Master Mogul, he'd have something to stand on.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.jpg (374x533, 297.36K)

>gay knuckles
>just has purple spikey hair with a mohawk
what did Penders mean by this?

>and also their lawyers are retarded.
lawyers in general are retarded. if you're good enough to beat one of them, you're good enough to beat all of them. None of them can deal with Penders' harnessed autism

sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Ken_Penders'_legal_cases

Attached: k6.jpg (309x400, 42.38K)

What a fucking dumbass.

>if you're good enough to beat one of them, you're good enough to beat all of them
This guy thinks there are two lawyers in the world

Are you retarded?

Does this guy have any friends? Like, even one?

>The arrogance of this man is astounding.
well he is a boomer, they're all retarded from lead.

He is married believe it or not

iirc the Chronicles devs did admit to using the Archie comics heavily as reference

>Monocle Knuckles
>not Monuckles

WRONG!

Ken is gonna head down there and he will rain down in a godly fucking firestorm upon Sega! You're gonna have to call the fucking United Nations and get a fucking binding resolution to keep me from fucking destroying Sega. I'm talking about a scorched earth, motherfucker! Ken will massacre Paramount and Sega. He will fuck them up!

I would have sued the shit out of him because he profit with Sega's IP.
Man, their lawyers are shit

Penders' "harnessed autism" only won because Archie was retarded and lost his original contract in an office fire, it was none of his own merit. He isn't going to win against Paramount by claiming that "the master emerald giving power to someone" is close enough to an evil demigod living inside the Master Emerald and that Knuckles having a dad is his idea.

I hope he wins just to piss off Yea Forums.

What the fuck, it's like if I designed a billion not!marios in all kinds of costumes so that every time they put mario in a new costume I could find a similarity to one of my billion not!marios and sue them for it

God damn Sega is such a fucking mess. Is there anything they can do right? I know people throw a fit about Nintendo's iron grip on their properties but can you really blame them if Sega is the alternative?

I think it's because Sega dropped expanding on the echidnas's backstory after Chronicles. People mistake it for being a condition of them losing rather than them just not wanting to deal with getting sued every time they added a new Knuckles recolor.