Lore of Elden Ring

Those who post in 404 edition

Attached: inbound5934637904237775208.png (1024x8000, 1.72M)

Marika did not help assassinate Godwyn
Melina is not Ranni
Melina is not the Gloam Eyed Queen
Ranni is not the Gloam Eyed Queen
Marika is not the Gloam Eyed Queen
Goldmask ending does not remove outer god influence
Morgott beat Radahn
Ranni ending leaves a lot of problems unsolved
The betrayal of Maliketh was not stealing the Rune of Death
The moon is not an outer god
Godwyn is not a goldfish/merman
Rykard is a centaur though it’s confirmed
Anything else? No? Good

>Godwyn is not a goldfish/merman

Attached: 1649812904506.jpg (1015x1024, 88.72K)

>Anything else?
Yes, let's uncover the lore on why Malenia is the only woman in ER that unironically did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1649612979386.jpg (1599x1637, 460.23K)

>Melina is not the Gloam Eyed Queen
There's very good evidence she is.

>Marika is not the Gloam Eyed Queen
She's the only known empyrean that it could be

Ranni did nothing wrong and everything is Marika's fault

>Rykard is a centaur
uh what?

It's bad but not as bad as having to restart the entire game because you got the wrong ending like me

>The moon is not an outer god
This. The Dark Moon was said to be shattered into a bunch of pieces, yet the Moon in the sky clearly isn't shattered. They're two different things.

I mean she didn’t really “do anything” at all, everything she did or effect she had was either in service of Miquella or a latent effect of her rot curse

It’s confirmed he was a centaur before the snake ate him

where?

>went to go fight in the retard war, abandoning Miquella
>got her ass beat unconscious, but not before spreading rot all over the place and ruining Caelid
>had to be dragged back to the Haligtree, now in a coma
>Miquella got kidnapped while she was in a coma, something she could have prevented if she just didn't go fight in the retard war
>sometime during all of this she infected the Haligtree with rot
>still has the audacity to call herself "Blade of Miquella"
she did everything wrong

>GRRM wrote a world so complex and deep that people are schizoposting over minor details and arguing politics and shit on a macro level
kino.

I thought Mohg stole Miquella before that and Malenia got told Radahn did it

I am 99% sure the kidnapping of miquella happened before the battle of aeonia

Proofs?

Attached: 1649714051680.png (560x454, 300.71K)

explain why the erd tree is referred to as arriving and there is history, humanity, time and events from before it's presence in the elden ring world? (i.e. when the stars could still be seen and people drew power from them instead of the tree)

The horsehair talisman, found on mt gelmir in a chasm

nigga thats the forest spirit

Attached: proxy-image (1).jpg (1200x629, 106.84K)

The modern Erdtree is what people are talking about in those cases. The crucible predates everything though

this but the opposite

The scarlet rot is a direct metaphor for period blood

spoken like a virgin that knows nothing about periods

>Morgott beat Radahn

You will never be a real king. You have no crown, you have no loyal servants, you have no Empyrean genes. You are an Omen twisted by runes and holy weapons into a crude mockery of the Golden Order.

All the “validation” you get is two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back Tarnished mock you. Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you, your “envoys” laugh at your ghoulish appearance behind closed doors.

The Fingers are utterly repulsed by you. Thousands of years of evolution have allowed them to sniff out frauds with incredible efficiency. Even omens who “pass” look uncanny and unnatural to a man. Your horns are a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get a Great Rune to get them to recognize you, they’ll turn tail and bolt the second they get a whiff of your diseased, horned face.

You will never be happy. You wrench out a fake smile every single morning and tell yourself it’s going to be ok, but deep inside you feel the depression creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under the unbearable weight.

Eventually it’ll be too much to bear - you'll get your shackle, put it around your neck, and plunge into the cold abyss. Marika and Godfrey will find you, heartbroken but relieved that they no longer have to live with the unbearable shame and disappointment. They’ll bury you in a meagre grave in the sewers simply calling you an omen, and every passerby for the rest of eternity will know an Omen is buried there. Your body will decay and your soul will never go back to the Erdtree, and all that will remain of your legacy is a skeleton that is unmistakably accursed.

This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.

For some reason there's been a clear attempt at shilling for the merchants by YouTube lorefags and an assortment of probable discord retards, to the point that they patrol the Fextralife comments sections and make inflammatory replies to any comment mentioning killing merchants (even for practical reasons such as to keep their goods easily accessible in the Roundtable Hold) or saying anything even slightly negative about them lore-wise, and coincidentally it only started after Yea Forums memed the frenzy holocaust lol. Similar vids saying omens etc dindu nuffin have also begun to surface. I just don't get these people.

It's rotting and it's scarlet and it's inside you

>went to go fight in the retard war,
>abandoning Miquella
Reddit Headcanon
>got her ass beat unconscious, but not before spreading rot all over the place and ruining Caelid
Game tells you it's a draw, draw wasn't good enough for Malenia for some reason. DLC will tell us if nuking Caelid was a bad or good thing.
>had to be dragged back to the Haligtree, now in a coma
based finlay
>Miquella got kidnapped while she was in a coma, something she could have prevented if she just didn't go fight in the retard war
Reddit headcanon
>sometime during all of this she infected the Haligtree with rot
The tree is dying because Miquella was torn out of it, Gideon tells you so, nothing to do with rot, rot just worsens the process.
>still has the audacity to call herself "Blade of Miquella"
She's a tragic character, I know :(((

Attached: 1649810417288.jpg (934x1200, 1.02M)

t. Malenia

woah based I am convinced king

It's the Shabriri Internet Defece Force (SIDF).

>Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you
Godfrey didn't seem very disgusted when he returned though?

lmfao

>Melina is not the Gloam Eyed Queen

Attached: 1628273479508.jpg (600x646, 47.03K)

What did omens do other than being killed, hunted or threw into sewer?

they're ugly

attack the tarnished

But unlike Malenia the rotten whore, the omens actually DIDN'T do anything wrong.

>Goes to Caelid
>Nukes Everything
>Takes nothing
>doesn't explain
Hard to see how you're not categorizing that as a defeat.
>if her goal was to nuke caelid then it was a win!
If I go to the mall with the goal to poop in the fountain, and pass out while succeeding in pooping in the fountain, thats still a defeat.

They're just regular enemies in game, but the faggots I mentioned literally frame it as the omens and merchants being the oppressed black people and Jews of the game's world, and the Golden Order as some sort of Nazi-esque organization. I actually like the Omens myself because they're close to perfect for testing weapons/spells and builds, they don't die quickly, have a lot of poise and can kill you easily so it is a perfect simulation of normal combat situations.

>Goes to Caelid
>Nukes Everything
>Takes nothing
>doesn't explain
HOLY BASED

Attached: 1649354222877.png (1080x602, 620.46K)

Her only notable achievement is pozzing an entire country

>and the Golden Order as some sort of Nazi-esque organization
More like a fanatical faith that goes apeshit on anything it deems heretical. Misbegotten are literally slaves

The golden order IS a genocidal death cult though…

>Golden Order as some sort of Nazi-esque organization
Well?
>racial purity laws
>'Love it or Leave it' policy with the Golden Order to claim lots of land quickly
>literal goon squads who judge you for not being devout enough to the Golden Order
>put the deformed and unwanted into sewers
They're a little fascist, bro

Attached: 1631763866554.png (825x975, 392.19K)

Interesting that those items imitating the primordial erdtree feature a lot of Omen-like horns. I read somebody else theorise that the "humans" of The Lands Between were likely more dragon/omen-like, as Omenborn used to be viewed as a blessing but now a curse. Perhaps the primordial humans bore features from the crucible incantations, like tails and wings along with horns.

they worship the omnicide god and are based of gypsies, as far as I'm concerned they deserve extermination

So if a graven mass is a “seed of a star” and Astel is a “malformed star” what does a normal star actually look like?

>immediate (You)s
Nobody cares about any of that shit when every one of them wants to kill me just the same. The only ones who don't try to kill you are the merchants, but you don't even need to interact with them that much so I don't know why people care so much about letting them live or not while having no qualms about killing Gowry, Millicent etc for their shit. I think you people take these things too seriously.

>I think you people take these things too seriously.
this is a lore thread, if you're not into having what you type out nitpicked by a bunch of autists you're hanging out in the wrong place

>Has brazen red hair that anyone would follow into battle. Bush is bright as fire and the greatest of flames would match the length. Battles skillfully and only surcomes after ages of fights to her womenhood itself and the red period blood that hinders her.

>It's been a long time, Morgott
Godfrey had to endure the shame of having a disgusting omen like Morgott as a son for a long time.
Now that he is dead, he is relieved.

>the omen and demihumans are the "true" humanity, straight from the crucible
>the humans we see now are "adjusted" by magic after the fact
>dung eater's end is reverting humanity to how it originally was

>>dung eater's end is reverting humanity to how it originally was
And adding in a bunch of defiling rapists
Like a lot of them
Thats really the dealbreaker for me

Honestly should've touchdown slammed Morgott into the ground and rushed you like a maniac

Okay I'm going to start talking about the lore. The merchants were considered heretics because wherever they go, the madness epidemic follows. They were Shabriri's chosen people, and they didn't cause madness to spread only after they got desperate in that underground tomb and summoned him, their spreading of the madness disease was the reason they got buried alive in the first place. This is all stated in-game and I don't know how you could interpret it differently. But for some people this totally means they are Jews who were wrongly genocided and thus deserve heckin' kinorino videos absolving them of any wrongdoing.

>look mom I posted zanzibart again!

Amazing. Everything you said was completely wrong.

lmao finally

>this is all stated in-game
then it should be easy for you to provide the source, right?

Tell me more about Melina-Ranni-Markia, the threefold form of the Gloam Eyed queen
That sounds like a fund story

What are the difference between Demihumans, Misbegotten and Omen?
I noticed Hewg had cut horns like an Omen but is apparently a Misbegotten?

They do have fairly tangible links to Jewish culture, but they’re also 100% fictional and shouldn’t be taken as a one for one representation

Then what is this?

Attached: Godwyn is not a mermaid.png (1275x655, 879.31K)

Any interpretation that denies the Elden Ring's influence on reality can be discarded outright. This also ignores how we're directly told that it was the Greater Will that precipitated, births, individuality, and evolution within the primordial essence of the Crucible - In conjunction with the description of the Elden Beast this is pretty clearly saying that the Elden Ring did this. We have evidence that the Elden Ring predates the Golden Order and was controlled by various other Orders throughout time, given this it's obvious that it can't simply have come at the origination of the GO.

The removal of the Rune of Death very clearly affects the ability of the dead to return to the Erdtree, as it being unleashed is what caused the outbreak of undeath with Godwyn.

Lastly, there's the phrase of "Marika as the Elden Ring's parasitic host". This wording is ambiguous. Saying that Marika is a parasitic host would actually suggest that she herself is the parasite, leeching off of it's power as it's host.

Attached: 1649459091654.png (836x940, 1006.43K)

The gloam eyed queen was around in the age before marika became a god, she was basically marika's rival for goodhood til malekith BTFO her and her apostles. Stop spouting some shit you saw on reddit.

I think so, in a way. The english description for the seedbed curse says it prevents souls from returning to the Erdtree, cursing them. The way I'm seeing it now is that it frees them from the Elden Beast's influence on the Erdtree and they return to their primordial form, albeit with some additional sick shit that Dung Eater causes.
I'd like to see the japanese description for seedbed curse translated now.

A fucking dark image where it’s impossible to make out what I’m looking at

Sure because they're all the same person, just different aspects.

>He hasn't been to Deeproot
Play the game

they're Gypsies all the way down to their misanthropic tendencies they mask with the "muh oppression" excuse
Albinaurics are Jews, they even have their own Israel.

>This is all stated in-game

Where? I'm not doing your research for you.

Demis seem to be their own species, since they look to operate like mole rats with a single female.
Misbegottens might be the descendants of failed crucible knights. Or at least humans who got to close to the Crucible.
Omens are a curse that any human in the Land between can get at childbirth. While they grow horns and grow big, the biggest defect is that the Erdtree doesn't not take in their soul for reincarnation.

i am....
le crazy

Attached: 1648313012132.png (200x200, 45.74K)

Shabriri is an IRL jewish demon user

Why is there some crazy cult of the prince of death surrounding Godwyn?