Sonic thread

SEGA HIRE THSI MAN!

Attached: amogus (23).webm (480x270, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYW7-hNXZlM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> SEGA HIRE THSI MAN!

This but unironically

>DUDE WHAT IF WE TOOK A BASIC 3D LEVEL AND SCALED IT UP 800X LOL

then it's based
having a small as fuck level for a character whose literal power is superspeed makes for a clusterfuck of unfun

Sonic Utopia is overrated and I don't understand why people keep calling it the "definitive Sonic experience" when it's literally a tech demo in an empty open field.

Because the bar for 3D Sonic really is that low, you simpleton.

I doubt it's even 'people', really. Feels like it's the same autist posting all the webms, again and again and again.

All actual fans want is Adventure 3. Not this tripe.

>All actual fans want is Adventure 3.
>by modern Sonic Team
>after the failure that was Sonic 4
Only legitimate retards want that.

I'm a huge sonic fan and I've never played adventure. I know I wouldn't enjoy it.

Adventure has the same rules as goonies.
Did you watch it as a child? then you like it, if not then it's garbage.
>inb4 I played it as a big boy!!!!
manchildren are still children.

Who said anything about Sonic Team? I want Sonic Team fired off a rooftop and for a good team to make the game instead

>Adventure has the same rules as goonies.
>Did you watch it as a child? then you like it, if not then it's garbage.
Yeah I watched that Running Shine video too
>manchildren are still children.
cope

Just rehire the guys that did SA2.

Attached: sa2fc.webm (640x360, 2.82M)

Sonic GT exists. Utopia is a floaty irrelevant tech demo that expired years go.

but this one is TOO big

People want SA3 for the same reason people want more 3D Mario games that refine the formula while keeping the same fundamentals, Which 3D Land and 3D World didn't do, hence why they became the black sheep games of the fanbase and are considered downgrades.

>3d sonic fangame
>guys this one OH WOW LOOK AT THE PHYSICS
>stays a demo for years despite constant pointless updates from the furry who makes it
>if and IF it eventually enters beta all of the levels end up dogshit after the first big open playground
I fucking hate all of these sonic fangames, there is not a single one that is an actual game.

Sega is never going to let anyone other than Sonic Team touch 3D Sonic. Mania only happened because it was considered an incredibly low budget advertisement for Forces.
Thanks for confirming your retardation.

>no SA2 level editor
>no SA1 in the SA2 engine
>modders are stuck on Generations and Forces
sigh.

Most of them never left. Hell, the guy who directed SA2 is is the one in charge of the entire series.

>Sega is never going to let anyone other than Sonic Team touch 3D Sonic
That's fine, they can fire the existing employees off a rooftop and hire new ones
Don't call somebody else a retard when that's the only gotcha you've got lol

Because it's a proof of concept that successfully transitions 2D sonic to 3D. There are still problems to address, like Sonic needing open space to run and not wanting empty levels, but people want this concept.

Only the sonic and shadow levels.

>Because it's a proof of concept that successfully transitions 2D sonic to 3D
Wrong, that's Adventure. The 2D games do not allow you to just run around enemies because everything is wide as fuck.

It also needs more interesting environments than Green Hill Zone, a location Sega has rehashed to death over the past decade that any mentions or references to Sonic 1 will make fans groan.

>That's fine, they can fire the existing employees off a rooftop and hire new ones
Except nobody in Japan wants to work on Sonic, so you only get the devs who have already been stuck there for years, or fresh devs who only view the IP as a stepping stone to working on more relevant games and leave as soon as they arrive.
>Don't call somebody else a retard when that's the only gotcha you've got lol
It's not a gotcha, it's the truth. You are legitimately retarded if you are still waiting around for SA3 from a publisher that lets pride dictate every major decision.

Actual fans just want good games, I don't want sequel'd shit.

>Except nobody in Japan wants to work on Sonic
That's fine, find people outside of Japan again. EZ

I don't care if Adventure's did, it's not the only one that can. Cope. I want another retake on classic Sonic in 3D, not a 25 year old one.

>That's fine, find people outside of Japan again.
>You are legitimately retarded if you are still waiting around for SA3 from a publisher that lets pride dictate every major decision.
You are not getting SA3 from a non-Japanese dev team.

>people have been making 3D sonic fangames for well over two decades
>the very first one (to actually play like a sonic game) still the only one to ever go anywhere past a tech demo
Is making a 3D game really that much harder?

Attached: 1587251051576.png (640x400, 54.08K)

Look at all that automated gameplay and railroading down the most basic platforming path ever, wow, simply wow, bravo Iizuka.

>automated
lol, the only automated bit is the grinding

>You are not getting SA3 from a non-Japanese dev team.
I can, they just have to make it. Why are you acting stupid?

>Why are you acting stupid?
>calling me stupid when you're the one thinking Sega will ever give that kind of project to non-Jap devs
teehee

Attached: 1626982870639.png (485x443, 409.53K)

It's a fun-looking concept and is gorgeous, but could they actually make it an actual fun game full of good platforming, secrets, and shit? That video's been around for the longest time but that was it. Robo Blast is fun as hell but it took the opposite approach with big but somewhat cramped places that make you be very careful where you go.

>All actual fans want is Adventure 3
Fuck no, not in this day and age. They'd just fuck it up again.

Attached: 1373097364760.png (200x176, 66.1K)

Sonic 4 episode 1 was just an experimental game for the new direction heading. Episode 2 is a massive improvement over it, and Episode 3 was going to be the best one that hadn't been canceled.

Attached: capsule_616x353 (1).jpg (616x353, 82.99K)

their biggest mistake was naming it sonic 4

I guess look at it this way, for as popular as 3D Mario is there are 0 fan games worth a shit. But on the other hand there are some seriously great Mario 64 rom hacks now so that tells me what's desired is a solid framework to build off of. No Sonic game seemed to even have this til Generations and even then I think it's more popular content is level ports and recreations from other Sonic games, not original creations like you're seeing now with the m64 hacking community and the srb2 community. Oh there is one engine people seem to use for modern Sonic that's getting some results but I can't think of the name and I can't really speak to the quality of the games either.

>is way better then ops gay fangame

Attached: amogus (25).webm (640x400, 2.94M)

This, it would've been a great spinoff for Modern Sonic, but it's way too different to be part of Classic 2D games because of the physics and the homing attack.

>Sonic 4 episode 1 was just an experimental game for the new direction heading.
Episode 1 was a portable mobile game that Sega had turned into a "traditional" Sonic platformer at the last minute. That's how little Sega cared.
Episode 2 had Sega claim they'd vastly improve the game's momentum physics, but instead devs just filled the level design with scripts that dictated how Sonic's movement should act in given scenarios. Another example of how little they cared.

Takeaway: They don't care. Stop pretending they do and ever will.

why are you samefagging OP?

chaos!

>single level tech demo made by some dude in their free time plays out like a single level tech demo made by some dude in their free time
Woow. The point is that Sega can't make a platformer to save their lives even while doing a 1:1 copy of a tendie platformers (Lost World) so even a literal empty field with Sonic-like physics slapped on it seems god tier in comparison. The whole appeal of Sonic was that it was really fucking good at being its own thing and that has been lost since Sega stopped doing consoles, you'll get Adventure 3 directed by Kishimoto along with new staff with 0 experience in the industry and you're gonna like it because at least they didn't re-use Green Hill Zone amirite?

>pitting fan creations against each other
You're a faggot.
>amogus
Make that a double faggot.

I don't think anyone would argue the opposite.
A game that's just SA2-style Sonic and Shadow levels has the potential to be the peak of the franchise by a wide margin.

Attached: sa2frhm_2.webm (500x281, 2.87M)

Why wouldn't they? If they won't make it, somebody else can. You don't make any sense.

While you're right, I still had fun with it
Wish some stuff it has to would make it to other Sonic games, like Metal Sonic's boss fight.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 140.58K)

>Why wouldn't they?
Because Sega of Japan has too much xenophobic pride to let anyone else do so, hence why 3D Sonic is still in their hands despite the last two decades of general mediocrity.

he do be dabbin tho

What games? they look fun to play

>Which Galaxy 1&2, 3D Land and 3D World didn't do
FTFY

It's infuriating that literally the only thing they had to do in the last 20 years was make like 50 levels and release that, don't even change how it plays because sliding in rails and the rank system peaked at SA2 anyways, just make it look nicer and give a better camera to it. Generations is proof people want sonic games that just work, no muh story or le unique playstyle for padding needed.

OP is Sonic Utopia
the other is modded SRB2

Thanks bro, though could you tell me what mod is for SRB2? Interested in doing that platforming level

The level is from the base game. The character mod is ChrispyChars and the trick mod is XMomentum (I think).

After doing a little looking the trick mechanic is actually just a base feature of ChrispyChars.

Ok thanks, will check it out soon very soon. It's not common to see a fangame has mods.

Attached: 1649817611954.jpg (642x482, 53.8K)

Sonic Frontiers gameplay when

It is a shame really. He easily proved that this whole time 3D Sonic should have been about these big wide open levels and yet instead you had Sonic Team struggling fro decades on how to properly do a 3D Sonic. Yet a literal fan with a simple demo had to show how its done. Now just imagine if they gave him a studio and a budget to work with as well as a team. We could have been getting kino Sonic games on the level of the Mario games. Instead we got shit all this time. What a shitty world we live in Yea Forums.

>It's not common to see a fangame has mods.
SRB2 runs on the Doom engine, so modding it is exceptionally easy

Sonic himself is supposed to be a small little guy in a gigantic world though so it makes plenty of sense to me the 3D games should be like that in level design.

Then it ends up looking like what was previously impossible but dreamed of.
Video related, what Sonic wishes it could have been and now can be:
youtube.com/watch?v=EYW7-hNXZlM