Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Try and convince me that this isn’t game of the year. Hard mode: Don’t mention Elden Ring.

Attached: 86D40195-66B7-42B5-8F6E-B7B7EE96F38B.png (1600x1000, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8
youtube.com/watch?v=guMGoLsjL3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Execute Order 67

>only five levels per episode
>each level is over with in a handful of minutes
It's not shit, but it needed more work.

I'm tired of having to do a button prompt to go past the fucking seizure warning. No game I've ever played before this ever had that.

>Press A to get past seizure warning
>Hold Y to skip title cards
>"I need someone to show me my place in all this"
>youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8

>convince me this isn't game of the year
>don't mention the better game

I did literally nothing except the story missions, I feel like I played the game wrong somehow

Attached: all of it.jpg (885x592, 127.67K)

>luke doesn't get to pose with a light saber

>Episode 1 Padme in an outfit only her body double wore
>Episode 4 Obi-Wan
>Lando off by himself next to the ST characters instead of next to Han

Nearly every level is a locked camera set piece with no opportunities for exploration. You just walk from prompt to prompt, they don't even have the pissbaby puzzles from the originals.

Padme wore the red outfit. The outfit that Sabe, her body double wore is the black one when everyone is running away to the Queen's ship.

Half the game is the open world side quest stuff, which frankly doesn't hook me. It's not bad, but I kind of wanted the movie stories to maybe slow down a little bit. The entire thing feels rushed and messy, it's bizarre and I only put up with it because it's cute.

As far as cute games go, Kirby is maybe more well adjusted so it comes down to any player's personal need for Star Wars labels on the box.

It's not even remotely close to good enough to be GOTY. It's a 6/10 game if I'm being generous and wildly inferior to the previous LEGO Star Wars games. Pathetic shill.

>Don't mention Elden Ring
Easy, I think elden ring is garbage. It probably is game of the year so far but I'd wait to see if Starfield delivers on Han Solo simulator. Then unfortunately it would lose.

youtube.com/watch?v=guMGoLsjL3I

Attached: star-wars-droids.gif (640x522, 3.98M)

old lego wars good had soul simple as dont at me

True. This game is devoid of soul.

dont. at. me.

The humor was pretty good considering there was no voices so they had to mime everything going on

The open world sections were supposed to be a good chunk of gameplay. Actually started enjoying the game more by switching between levels and the open world collectathon stuff.

The real game always starts once you unlock all the character types/abilities and can go back in free play. The game becomes a collectathon where you use the abilities to solve puzzles and find all the collectibles in each level and now each world

>Vader telling Luke he's his father without being able to just say it
I laughed

i'm enjoying it, but it's not as good as the originals. also the co-op is buggy and feels like an afterthought. just compare what the ending of revenge of the sith is like in co-op in the orignal game against what it's like in this.

>Battle of Heroes happening
>Hang on bro you gotta use C3P0 and electrify that platform they're on for some reason

VERTICAL
SPLIT
SCREEN
AAAAAHHHH

only thing that sucks about doing that is that you don't get a scavenger until episode 7 if you're playing in order, so there's a lot of shit you can't get until later.

Star Wars sucks dick. Also Lego games fucking suck even more ass. It's the most boring fucking game ever. It's for fucking zoom zoom kids.

Easy: Rey Skywalker.

that was the first thing we tried to change when we started, i can't believe it's not an option. the tunnel vision is maddening.

Needs more enemies in the open world or some kind of arena so you can actually use the improved combat system. Other than that, it's pretty fun but shame some moments were relegated to cutscenes and that the hub-based Episode levels aren't replayable.

Old lego games had dynamic split screen. When players were close to each other, they both appeared on a single screen. When they separated, it'd split. It was fantastic. I have no idea why they got rid of it.

I kinda wanna play the game but I don't like the sequels
Should I blast through them first or does this game parody them enough to make it tolerable and go with a more natural play order?

There isn't enough parody in the world to make them tolerable. But you don't have to play them - you can enjoy the game only going through 1-6.

old lego games had a fixed camera for one thing

>Try and convince me that this isn't the game of the year.
It has Disney/Nu Wars garbage in it, that alone is enough.

How's it compared to the complete saga? I love that game.

I'd pay more for a version that doesn't include that garbage.

Get it over with first it is then

This is pure bullshit

>there’s a legitimate Xenoblade reference
How the fuck

Stay mad

There’s also a metal gear reference

Not at all. Levels are rushed and devoid of content, feels more like I'm playing a sony movie game than a lego game. Finished Phantom Menace and put the game down.

And a Crazy Taxi reference

Prove it

>you don't get a scavenger until episode 7 if you're playing in order
Don't you unlock scavengers earlier but you can't use all their abilities until Episode 6?

I tried to capture a screenshot of the best quote from the mission, but I was too slow. It's a mission where you track a stolen taxi in Coruscant's federal district.

I know what you mean.

I wish there was more combat and the boss fights weren't piss easy. I am enjoying the game, but about 70% of it is platforming and puzzles for bricks. The stories feel extremely messy, like they were rushing to get through them.

Lets do Order 69 instead?

>Get to dick around in a couple of cool set pieces
>Story doesn’t take itself seriously
The ST is ass, but I don’t understand the ‘tism involved in swearing off the lego levels.

>no character creation
I don't give a shit

>sequel saga characters, directly into the trash

do they have pod racing?

Should I buy it?
I really like Lego Star Wars games.

Well said.

Mace Windy rips off kh3 sora, wtf? Also this camera is uncanny for lego games.

Is it true you can't make a lego character?

>but I don’t understand the ‘tism involved in swearing off the lego levels.
Star Wars fans are autistic manchildren.

It does, yes. It's the pod race from Episode 1.

Watched my brother play it for like 20 minutes and it looks absolute shit.
>the old games
Long crafted linear memorable levels with natural exploration, a satisfying pace where progressing through the game actually feels like you’re accomplishing something
>new games
Soulless confusing levels you can blast through in 2 minutes, following a huge glowing quest marker on the floor, lame ass VO cut scenes and finishing a movie in ten minutes

How the fuck do you turn on mumbling.
I'm sick of the shitty voice acting for the characters they don't have voice clips for.

The guy playing Qui-gon’s accent changes every line. Mf goes from sounding like Old Ben to Sean Connery to Liam Neeson and back, one line he’ll sound 30 and the next 60. And kid Anakin sounds like a 4yr old girl

It's an extra, but you have to download free DLC to access it

Just one mission from Episode 1, and it's not good. It's forced first person and super short.

Yeah Qui Gon sounds like fucking shit.
He's awful.