Magic or technology?

Magic or technology?

Attached: Box1.jpg (800x990, 220.22K)

Technology, the whole game is bent around how magic is dying and giving way to steam-power, it gets you powered armor and let's you have a clockwork army. Plus bullets work on magic users, but magic doesn't work on people who understand anything more advanced than a pocketwatch.

why not both?

Attached: Arcanum_Character.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

A guy in plate armour using a flintlock pistol always tickled my fancy, only warhammer fantasy can satisfy me nowadays sadly.

you can go both without gimp yourself?

Magic, tech is for cuckolds.

neither. I didnt play this garbage and neither did you.

whatever tool lets me eradicate the gnomes

Tech. With magic you just end up spamming harm, and a handful of your favorite spells. They're both fun, but you get armor with engines and guns cool weapons.

Attached: 1585622950054.jpg (540x388, 42.86K)

what's the one jews dislike the most?

Disintegrate spell

magic otherwise how could you check out the uninstall wizard

This game kicks ass, and your stupid.

Yes, but it's a bit tricky because you have to balance it out a bit, and only taking magic spells/technical skills that aren't very dependent on your magical/technical aptitude.

In any case, it's not like Arcanum is a hard game. You can still finish the game with a somewhat bad build, the only difficult fight in the game has to be Stringy Pete.

Magic for min/maxing
Tech for fun

I like sticking with one side, and have Virgil, or another follower go the other way. That way you can play with both without hampering your build

Magic no contest

Please tell me more, I want to play a half-elf that dabble in both magic and tech no logy.

It is possible to gain mastery in a magic college (reduces fatigue needed to cast), while also making a tech build. However, this means that you will have to maintain a high aptitude in magic up until you get to Tulla and master that college before pursuing your tech side of your build. You will have to rely on your magic, companions and melee damage until you get there.

The first spells of Air, Earth, Fire and Water gives you +4 in their respective stats regardless of your tech/magic aptitude. They're must have spells, but not necessary to beat the game. They also stack, but only up to 5 times(5 if you max out Int) (4x5 = +20 on a stat). The spells of Phantasm compliments a tech or melee build, plus you no longer have to learn to sneak because of Invisibility.

If you want you can buy the Summon Familiar scroll, and the best time to use it is when you are at your highest magical aptitude. Just be warned that your familiar cannot be ordered to wait. It will always be by your side, so you will have to kill it if you get into the pit in Isle of Despair.

As for tech disciplines, you're not gonna have trouble crafting even with a high magical aptitude, the only trouble is when you use these tech items. A middling aptitude means that charged rings gives you +1 DX instead of 2, for example. Similarly, magical items also operate at 50% efficiency. Take these into consideration when planning your build. IMO, Mechanical is good if you like robutts, but Explosives and Electric could be even better.

heh

Magick users dindu nuffin.
Techno-capitalists need to pay reparations so we can practice our culture!

Attached: magick oppression.png (293x625, 240.87K)

Magic. Raising people as ghosts is too much fun

I've been looking over the spell colleges and Divination has to be the most useless there is.

College of Divination

The college of Divination concerns itself with the gathering of knowledge through magickal means.

Sense Alignment

Reveals the alignment of all creatures in the vicinity of the caster.

See Contents

Reveals the contents of a container.

Read Aura

Reveals the underlying attributes of the target creature.

Sense Hidden

Reveals all invisible creatures and objects as well as traps and trapped objects in the vicinity.

Divine Magick

Determines all of the magickal properties of one item in the caster's inventory.

Seems kinda complicate. I'm still new to the game so maybe I'll try it later.

Imagine unironically using a build that requires going through garbage to beat the game.

Any recommend builds for someone who's still relatively new to the game?

all speech baby

Attached: arcanum response.jpg (1493x709, 203.48K)

Charisma/Persuasion is a build where you can just rely on your companions for combat (they also allow access to their inventory for your hoarder self)

Prowling, backstab and pickpocket is also a strong build.

Magic using Harm is probably the most common build because of how OP it is.

Pure strength, dexterity and dodge is also another great build.

neider, me go big whacker and SMASH

If I recall, Gnomes are good at magic. So go for tech

What about firearms?

guns can be fun but they can be a bit of a pain in the ass so perhaps not the best for your first playthrough unless you're already super enthralled by the game

Firearms isn't recommended for a first playthrough because the game is unbalanced and tech is hard to get into, but if you insist on a firearms build, I suggest you concentrate your stats on perception, dexterity and a couple of charisma for a couple of companions like sodd mead mug and/or dog. Don't forget to learn how to craft bullets. Then use a fate point (or use pickpocket if you invested in them) to steal the following guns: elephant gun and looking glass rifle. Those 2 guns will carry you until somewhere around the late game, around which point you will be able to craft Droch's Warbringer, which is the most powerful gun in the game.

As you can see, a firearms build is doable, but it involves some metagaming such as knowing which guns to get and use.

It's not my first playthrough, though I don't remember how I played the game the first time since it was almost decade ago (probably a gunslinger anyway).
Oh well, what about archer with some magic?

Magic is better both narratively and mechanically, the only reason Tech expands is because most people can’t cast or won’t learn. But, as one example, healing someone with Magic is a trillion times better than industrial revolution level “healthcare”.

In game, Technology makes you grind and sucks for most of the game, so fuck that.

based

>techbros are total frauds who got rich on stolen ideas
somethings never change

Attached: justice served.jpg (587x365, 127.43K)

What's the least pain in the ass tech build? Explosive thrower?

Archer with some magic is probably a good build. You're gonna have to deal with buying arrows though.

Possibly.
Tech melee is also pretty good as you can fairly quickly make some nice weapons.
Honestly, once you gain a few levels any build becomes less of an issue, it's just early on that can be a real pain.

I find tech more fun. But I enjoy scrounging around in trash cans looking for scrap to build mechanical arachnids with

Why o people hate Gnomes again?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (801x400, 143.21K)

How do I get most out of the gun build?

well the first ok gun you can get is going into the rat cave north east of your starting position and getting the revolver cylinder (from a barrel) and using it with revolver parts that you'll probably find at a junk dealer or in a trash can in the first city and make fine revolver.

Gnomes rape our churches and pillage our women

>Rounding up all the Gnomes and shoving them into ovens, if the Ovens or magic or not is irrelevant.

Might as well ask it here
Any easy CRPGs where you can build non-minmaxing and still able to finish the game? Shit like Underrail and Age of Decadence filters me because I can't roleplay with game system.

Both
>Equip gun
>Get time magic
>Shoot things down so fast that the game can't deal with it
I am gun

For some reason this game doesn't run on win 10 properly ... I have the gog version, ran the unofficial patch, adjusted resolutions ... game has no save option and the text of the previous ... uh, text box never goes away. Any fix, please?

>Windows 10

Saving up for a win 7 machine.

All fucking gnomeniggers must be fucking hanged

lmao this was amazing

a small detail that proved devs genuinely cared about the setting.

I MAY do a muggle run in the future, and by that I mean take only ~3 spells (because there are so many schools to try out)

Why not play CRPGs in easy mode? They're very forgiving for newbies and bad builds.

Because I assume those games are not designed for easy mode and I'm not the target audience for this kind of game whose want to roleplay and not minmaxing instead.

You still can play it user

Cheat engine. Give yourself stats that you think are right for you.

Most games give you very few stats to start with, like you never learned much of anything to do before the beginning of an adventure. While that may allow you to RP as an almost-loser who chooses to not be a loser any longer, this is your choice.

AoD was extremely fun once I upped the starting amount of lore and crafting in a geek build.

Attached: Autism Level Increased.jpg (960x422, 24.27K)

Yes.

Attached: 1649690215838.jpg (811x2002, 470.03K)

Insane how much dialog they wrote just to add that spell.

The train won't let my dog on, so I need magic to teleport.

Should have been a quest where you some how acquire a majority stake in the train company (buying, intimidation, fraud etc) that allowed you to change the policy so you could bring the dog.