Stop playing translations

stop playing translations

Attached: 1623999802558.png (1124x1089, 614.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0puY91ZpMk
web.archive.org/web/20170518194527/http://www.ign.com/articles/2000/08/05/skies-of-arcadia-revealed
scientificamerican.com/article/at-what-age-does-our-ability-to-learn-a-new-language-like-a-native-speaker-disappear/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay. Japanese games are all garbage anyway.

>OMG IS THAT A SEXY CIS FEMALE MUST MAKE HER UGLY SO MY TROON FRIENDS DON'T KILL THEMSELVES

Attached: 1649667156318.jpg (2072x2088, 479.26K)

>it can't be helped

What game?

Wow I sure am glad I went through the hilariously simple process of learning Japanese

Attached: dekinai.jpg (2400x3392, 995.47K)

Skies of Arcadia

>Ah, you failed at your one job, nice!

>angl*ids

Attached: eternal anglo.png (1455x139, 21.86K)

Nier Automata

No, I don't think I will
youtube.com/watch?v=H0puY91ZpMk

>Cromwell was well-disposed to Jews, inviting the community to return to England almost 400 years after they were expelled by a decree of King Edward I.
400 fucking years. Now see where the fuck we are.

>learn a language for toys
i literally won't even do that to fuck the nips in my class

I played one run of FFVII R with English subs then one with French subs and it felt like playing the same game with different characters.

>too old to really learn jap
>Nobody will ever retranslate old games
>already played most of the western games worth playing
Guess I'll just become a book fag or something

You'll have to take responsibility

oh, so nothing was lost. it was dogshit from the start, rofl.

same :^)

all of them

you and your discord tranny friends need to stop making this thread

I WILL play translations and there's nothing you can do about it.

Anglos truly are a cancer on the world.

Take your meds

Attached: istockphoto-178055081-170667a.jpg (338x507, 58.72K)

If you are a native English speaker, read this, and don't know exactly what it means, you are clinically retarded

You're not too old. Just too busy and lack the discipline and motivation to do it.

You should leave and get off the internet. anglo inventions, apebro

It can't be helped

Or I can use the Angloid's inventions against him to help the world.
Remove all Anglos.

Name one 40-90 year old person who manged to learn Japanese from scratch without help

web.archive.org/web/20170518194527/http://www.ign.com/articles/2000/08/05/skies-of-arcadia-revealed
> Chris Lucich: We have creative freedom, but they have veto power.
>Klayton: Right, we can't just do whatever we come up with and run wild on the game.
>Chris: Sometimes we say, "We'd like to do this." And they think it through and figure out that, no, it doesn't quite work for where they're going.
>Klayton: And then we work our way around and with their ideas. It's a trust relationship here, and the most important part of that is that we love the game, and we want to keep as much of that experience from the Japanese game in the American version. That does involve some changes, some line-to-line dialog and word choice, but nothing major.
You will never be Japanese

Which game?

are there discord trannies in the room right now?

>tfw degree in japanese, still can't read shit

Attached: angry gun man 12.jpg (1141x897, 74.67K)

Nm I read the thread

The real trannies are the translators along the way.

I hardly see how you seething here is doing that, but please, continue to enjoy our contributions, fleaman

internet college degree?

Recall: Kirby was originally written without a gender. Using "he/him" pronouns for Kirby is entirely an invention of English localizers forcing their politics and narrow worldview.
To match with Sakurai's original intent and the Japanese canon, you should use "they/them" pronouns for Kirby.

Attached: kirby.original.jpg (2000x1125, 82.77K)

You should use "it", since that's the pronoun for a non human being in english.

Attached: 1637442294303.png (801x600, 481.23K)

>Without help
you literally have the internet.
I'm 35 and started learning it and had no problems with recognition of the alphabet so far, although I know it's a bastard the deeper in you go. You never know until you try it.

NOOOOOOOOO SHUT UP

Attached: 1649389751639.jpg (427x570, 38.33K)

white liberals don't deserve human rights

Ok I started learning jap but stopped for a month because I didn't feel any progress plus grad school.
Should I start from scratch or just dive in again and hope for the best? I can read basic sentences and a decent amount of fantasy lingo.

Attached: 1642455870662.jpg (750x750, 70.57K)

>Kirby Kirby Kirby, that's the name you should know
>Kirby Kirby Kirby, it's the star of the show
>It's more than you think
>It's got maximum pink
>Kirby Kirby Kirby's the one

Recall: Kirby was originally written using singular pronouns. Using "they/them" pronouns for Kirby is entirely an invention of English localizers forcing their politics and narrow worldview.

>We thought it might be a little creepy for US audiences.
Why are americans so fragile that translations have to be ruined for them and the rest of the english-speaking world, even ESLs?

Attached: 1370878997900.png (300x249, 26.32K)

Recall: Using "they/them" pronouns for the English localizers is entirely an invention of this user forcing their politics and narrow worldview.

they/them can still be singular, tard.

>Why are americans so fragile
decades of CIA conditioning to be smooth mushbrained servants of the corporate lords

Actually good point, Kirby should be referred to as xi/xir

How? Third worlder?

I see nothing wrong with this

Still not English, you need to do it the proper English way and steal a word from a neighbor.

Because Americans are a cancer on the world.

fuck off parasite
remember that languages arent that hard, if you put in the time you will get better. Your brain cant help but learn when given exposure to something its just a matter of time

shouganai na...

Which game is this?

Yeah, it kinda fits, even if the song is unique to the localization

Good stuff, Kirby shall be referred to as "Frau"

it's a waste of time for anyone older than 35 to learn a language UNLESS you're a polyglot padding out your career options

>crowds causing slow NPC loading in every possible area
it wasn't even this bad on EW launch

Attached: 1610587009876.png (809x718, 563.42K)

Why say this? What do you get out of discouraging people from learning languages? Even if you only learn one for a hobby it's still a better thing to do than watching netflix or shitposting on Yea Forums.

Subhuman.

???????

>"It was totally because the Japanese original text was creepy."
>"We didn't just get lazy and decide to ad lib the lines rather than actively translate all of them."
>"Nope. Not Laziness."

>a few pronouns is enough to break Yea Forums
based trannoids

I'm glad that I can learn nipponese.

>Why say this
scientificamerican.com/article/at-what-age-does-our-ability-to-learn-a-new-language-like-a-native-speaker-disappear/

Maybe because reality is reality and no amount of kvetching about it will change that? It's simply not worth the effort past a certain point. No one said 'you can't do it' but 'time spent will be exponentially higher', but you'll probably just be disingenuous again.

Why bother?
If I was in charge I'd make Kirby a girl because pink.
But the original translation team wanted to personalize Kirby rather than make him an 'it'
So they just chose 'he'