Elden Ring Thread

Holy fucking kino here I was thinking the Academy was the best location in the game. Volcano Manor rules dudes!

Attached: Elden-Ring-Rykard-lord-of-blasphemy-boss-guide-serpent-hunter-how-to-beat-rykard-volcano-manor--800x400.jpg (800x400, 39.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cbpx6kqDmFU&t=744s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post top 3 legacy dungeons

1. Stormveil Castle
2. Volcano Manor
3. Farum Azula

the combat in souls games is garbage and the controls make no fucking sense, why do zoomers like this crap?

filtered

Attached: git gud.gif (498x494, 2.75M)

>Controls make no sense
Wha?

Git Gud

>and the controls make no fucking sense
How does it feel to be clinically retarded, user?

Attached: 1639927966176.jpg (960x960, 301.95K)

touch bloodstain

I can't tell if Alecto is doing one of her dodges where she glides across the entire arena the microsecond she finishes her contortionist act or she's about to do her homing deathstrike slam of aoe-instakill shit

Attached: 1637156729782.jpg (540x423, 32.66K)

Git Laid

I just married Ranni
You all jelly?

Attached: FOJ1w9yaQAMkwL6.jpg (1075x1750, 295.33K)

I thought we were supposed to hate elden ring?

I just play keep away with her until she does a big jump stab/aoe, then it's burst damage (ringed finger/my penis) to the face. Worked for me.

Threadly reminder that Ranni is guilty of all of the following:
>got Iji and Blaidd assassinated
>murdered Godwyn
>drove Marika insane
>caused the Shattering
>shrouds the world in eternal darkness in her ending
>abandons the world to deal with the zombie godwyn she created
>doesn't care about you and will abandon you too once she grows bored of you
>feels absolutely zero remorse or regret
Ranni is a literal psychopath and her ending is even more grim than Dung Man and Frenzy bro.

Attached: 1639976204417.jpg (220x221, 6.86K)

Already did ur mom last night.

the controls are fine
the problem is input lag, roll queuing, dropped heals, etc.

seems pretty based to me

>HMMMMMMMMMMM

run instead of rolling retard

HMM.

HMMMMM...

Very well.

You can flinch her very easily, but don't get caught up trying to stunlock her; 1-3 hits and then when she dodges away prepare to back off from counterattack. All of her moves besides the two leaping stabs and the projectile can be parried, the easiest being the spinning strike she often uses as an opening move. The aforementioned leaping stabs are easily punishable via backstabs and will be your primary source of damage against her (heal-on-crit talisman works wonders in this fight). If you need to chug, try to wait for the leaps because that's when she'll have the most downtime. To dodge the anime powered one, start running away, and then dodge backwards right as she comes down on you, and you can avoid it pretty reliably. Never dodge into it; it hits multiple times and you'll almost certainly die. Alecto's fight is good practice for Malenia.

GoldmaskCHADS rise up!

Ranni is a turbo contrarian and everything she does is as a big "fuck you" to piss off the Fingers/ GW. Makes sense why Yea Forums loves her.

Not really.
>Iji and Blaidd were assassinated because they helped her but they did so of their own free will
>She didn't murder Godwyn, she just made the knives they used to do so. And she only did that to kill her self.
>Marika was marked for death by the two fingers and being taken over by radagon. She broke the elden ring to prevent this.
>Marika caused the shattering.
>Mistranslation. Her actual ending is her (and you) leaving the lands between. She leaves the lands between under its own control, not a puppet for one elder god or another.
>No proof of that.
>She shows regret for what happens to Blaidd and Iji.

MMMMHHMMMM
EUUUUUUUU (Youuuuuu)
Joyynnn deee serpent keeeeng as famileeee

TOOOGEETTTHHHAAAAAA
WEE WILL DEVOWAHHH
THAA VERII GAAAAHHHSSKKKSS

Ok so I've done Ranni's questline
I did Rya's quest and also did everything in volcano manor
Completed Sellen's questline
Almost done with Kenneth Haight & Nepheli questline just need to find out how to get them both to the throne room
And finished Fia's questline too

What should I do next? I know about Goldmask and Millicent
Anything else I should do before I move into the Capital?

Attached: FOJ5pnvXsAI87Jb.jpg (960x938, 68.97K)

so who had the black knife women assasinate godwyn?

boss dialogue kino rankings
1. Rykard
2. Nihil
3. Godrick
4. WARRIOR
-power gap-
>come my sweetlings
Morgott x 3
-shit and piss gap-
>I've never known defeat

Ranni.

HAVE IT WRIT UPON THY MEAGRE GRAVE:
"FELLED BY KING MORGOTT! LAST OF ALL KINGS!"

>tries his best to honor the legacy of his parents
>defends the Capital from all invaders for years
>became a king despite living most of his life locked away in the sewers
>is the only one of his siblings that understands the concept of familial loyalty
>has mohg guard the 3 fingers and erects a barrier to prevent anyone from unleashing the Frenzy Flame
So when did you realize that he was the true hero of the Elden Ring?

Attached: morgott-the-omen-king.jpg (2521x2159, 639.99K)

You still have Yura and Boc. And Irida, if you haven't done that.

Boc and Bogagrt
Maybe Patches as well

excellent bait user

Are Subterranean Shaming Grounds a "legacy dungeon"? I swear that term didn't exist until Elden Ring.

this weapon is fuckin based
it even makes an empty sounding noise if you blow into it with no FP left, I love little details like that

Attached: fweeeep.png (200x200, 9.69K)

>a specific term in the game Elden Ring didn't exist until Elden Ring
damn you may be a genius, user.

When was it ever said in-game?

I have an asswhooping lust

Best soulsborne character.

I'm pretty sure a tutorial window specifically calls them Legacy Dungeons

Ah, thanks.

Rykard was a cool gimmick boss but Volcano Manor was one of the worst legacy dungeons to me

Radahn’s storybook intro was pure kino

His self-loathing during the Leyndell fight was a little sad

Rykard is fucking shit
youtube.com/watch?v=cbpx6kqDmFU&t=744s

Attached: 1646112938387.jpg (1280x720, 53.7K)

I just beat BloodBorne after beating Elden Ring. From games have a curse. Whenever you play the newest release, you trivialize every other that came before it. I went back to BloodBorne to kill Orphan of Kos, which I had given up on years ago. I replayed the game and I NEVER died more than 3 times to any given boss. I demolished everything. It's insane just how harder and more complex Elden Ring is in terms of movesets and such.
Am I the only one who feels this way? You guys should try playing BloodBorne now, it feels so easy

Marika.

The Black Knife armor set literally mentions that they're supposedly Numen, Marika's race, and have close ties to her. Only "rumoured", but given that there's only one person who could have really had a chance at stealing pieces of the Rune of Death from Maliketh, and his Remembrance mentions that Marika "betrayed him", I think she had Ranni steal the Rune of Death for her, imbued the knives' weapons with it, and then she cast off her body.

Also, there's literally a Black Knife defending Marika's bedchambers. If that's not a massive red flag, I don't know what is.

I'm playing dark souls remastered for the first time after elden ring and I've beaten every boss in 1-2 tries besides bell gargoyles. Just beat Nito

well shit, I still haven't played BB
what boss in ER would you compare the hardest boss in BB to?

>putting cringe WARRIOR above Morgott convicted kino
did you also like shadow the hedgehog?

Hardest boss in BB is Orphan of Kos (not a personal opinion or even a contest, he just is) and the boss I would compare him to in ER is maybe Maliketh. Maliketh was harder for me though.
The thing you will notice in Bloodborne is that things stagger normally without you having to hit them with 50 pound swords. The enemies all make sense. Maybe that's why it's so easy.
I felt that way back when. After finishing ds2 I just breezed through Dark souls.
Yet to try Sekiro but I don't think it will be much of a challenge either

>Getting filtered this hard
Sad!

Attached: cersei2.png (787x895, 1.66M)

>implying she can cook or clean
>implying you won't be the househusband who does everything while she doomscrolls all day on eldengram and erdbook and farts on her stack of books while insisting it's the wolves (you just know)
>implying you'll live to see another day if her nightly foot massage isn't exemplary

Attached: 1640270201052.jpg (1413x2000, 542.53K)

1. Leyndell
2. Raya Lucaria
3. Farum Azula

why does Ranni introduce herself as Renna?

*dab*

She doesn't want Gideon or the Fingers to find her.

idgaf what anyone says ER gets the sense of scale so fucking right

>morgott that low
cringe

She has autism.

fuck that reminds me when I used to introduce myself with a fake name to try to appear mysterious in HS

Because the name Ranni the Witch is sullied by me

Attached: 1649800632308.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

You're retarded, Marika betrayed Maliketh by shattering the Elden Ring

Attached: 1643725225315.png (314x144, 74.57K)

Man I fucking HATE fighting this cool looking nigger like you wouldnt believe. Just started ng+ (but I didn’t hit gud) and he just fucking steam rolled me after I walked all over morgott and memerick. Also how do I stop myself from just doing the main shit and actually play the game again

Attached: 8941EBD8-ADFF-416D-9A4D-34D52B646EAF.jpg (2000x1000, 183.75K)

But was it Marika or the parasite? Isn't the elden lord inside her/radagon?

Call me a schizo but you type the exact same way I usually do in lore threads and it freaked me out.
Anyways, none of the evidence you displayed matter apparently since Ranni said "I did it" one time (in reference to something else) and Marika would never kill her own children (despite stating she doesn't care much for them)

Will going to Crumbling Farum Azula progress Fia to Deeproot or just burning the Erdtree? I like my hugs so I want to be sure.

Attached: 1645682130067.png (281x375, 129.39K)

>>Marika was marked for death by the two fingers and being taken over by radagon. She broke the elden ring to prevent this.
lol

Marika shattered the ring, Radagon tried to fix it because he's still loyal to the golden order

Hey guys what do you have set for your pouch? Mine:
Up: Red Flask
Right: Spectral Steed Whistle
Down: Blue Flask
Left: Lantern

Not the guy you replied to but while it's much more reasonable to assume that the betrayal of Maliketh was the shattering of the Elden Ring, it doesn't disprove Marika's involvement completely, especially seeing as how Marika and Maliketh were most likely the only two people who knew of the Rune of Death's location. Ranni would not have known where to even go looking for it

Fia only moves if you do her quest so you're fine.

Don't you spawn in Azula right after the tree burning scene? They happen at the same time.

i have over 100 hours and i never used the pouch once, didnt even know it was there

>Marika and Maliketh were most likely the only two people who knew of the Rune of Death's location
headcanon

The Erdtree only burns properly once you beat Maliketh, Leyndell is intact meanwhile