What went so right?

What went so right?

Attached: 71fq0FYJNvL._SL1500_.jpg (926x1500, 253.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ySAfukPnbA
youtube.com/watch?v=UvITIzt-xBo
youtube.com/watch?v=FXLWBebcZZw
youtube.com/watch?v=wvzlrD3vjpk
youtube.com/watch?v=mWRx5mWw2eY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

has there ever been a bad kirby game?

Around 75% of them.
This game is the result of HAL Laboratory taking criticism to heart.

Well, some of the modern can feel a little worse depending on how annoying their core gimmick is.
I didn't really feel into Hypernova or Friend Actions, I felt they slowed the game down whenever they popped up.
Mouthful Mode feels more streamlined and less in the way.

Yes

Attached: 61GM59LvD4L._SX385_.jpg (385x343, 39.25K)

I thought people loved this one

It's like Classic Mega Man. Even the "worst" games in the franchise are still enjoyable to play. There are no true bad Kirby games. Just ones you like even more than others.

That’s not mass attack

Mass Attack was super bland and un-fun, which is a shame because I was genuinely excited for it.
I love the boxart tho, Japanese is great too.

Attached: 81XR6iJIr1L._AC_SX522_.jpg (522x470, 67.42K)

I feel that Star Allies would be on par with Super Star if it had double the length and didn't stress the 3 AI gimmick as much

Attached: my-image (2).png (1075x893, 1021.02K)

felt short but solid, rather than stretched out and unfinished

He singlehandedly saved the game from being a 0/10 just by existing. Say something nice about Bandee.

Attached: bando.jpg (1280x905, 200.93K)

this dude loves apple juice
but is such a jobber in Megaton Punch I could beat his ass

Attached: Kirby Forgotten Land Phantom Sillydillo twin drill.webm (640x360, 2.88M)

>stuck in Player 2
>can't be Player 1 not even for the Arena
It's not the same

>What went so right?
The lack of descriptions on some of the trophies, I HATE reading, so not having to read them is a good thing.
The camera? Yeah, I only wanted to see what is directly in front of me, I'm sooo happy I can't actually change the view manually and it's fixed in a 3D game
OH! and the fact that it's a whole forgotten land, but I still see all the old regular species that are in Dream Land that I've seen for the past 20 Kirby games? Makes me feel right at home. I also love how they pretty much randomly place them and the particular biome doesn't matter one bit, like, just put a fire dude HERE and then an ice guy like...right over there! LOL! Perfect.
Oh, also, since I can move in more directions than just left and right, I really enjoy how there are signs directing me which way to go. I'd be so damn lost without those.

All of this only unironically.

Take this post, remove the sarcasm, and that's how I feel about this game.

I mean, the question was whether or not there has been a bad Kirby game, so Mass Attack isn't really relevant in that situation anyways.

all spinoffs are awful
crystal shards and star allies are terrible too

I'm not feeling the human world.
I'd have preferred it if traces of humanity was lost on planets like shiver star.
Just like mario odyssey and kingdomhearts 4 it's a new trend to go to our world and i fucking hate it because i want to escape.

Attached: 1550987337998.png (487x329, 154.35K)

its shit. cope.

>because... it just is, okay?

Don't @ me scrubs, if you think you're hot shit you'd show me you 100% file before criticising my boy Kirby. Faggots.

Good to know that the only flaws the game has is nitpicks

The boss fights are decent because they don't have touch damage. I like the fact that taking no damage is one of the missions. but the rest of the games combat is pure shit, abilities have almost no moves this time and are super shallow, there is very few of them too.
a lot of the "evolved" abilities like sword are objectively worse because of the long startup and slow end lag that you can't dodge out of making the faster OG sword way better (just don't finish the combo because yikes that end lag).
nothing else in the game is very good or interesting besides the art style. platforming is really slow and pointless, completely devoid of challenge.

I enjoyed Mario 3D world waaaay more. this is like if 3D world had decent boss fights but everything else was garbage.

Besides it not actually being a real game? I guess.
It's still a casual walking simulator, you don't really *do* anything. There's no challenge, there's no thinking involved.
The only routinely "difficult" part of the game is time trial shit.

filtered

>Kirby Air Ride
>Bad

There's plenty of platforming, fighting, puzzles and secret areas

Big sword is shit but just do the arena and get the meta knight sword

Why does Yea Forums hate 3D World but love Forgotten Land?

Attached: 3DWorld.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

GOTY for sure. Looking like a good year for us nintenchads

This

Dream land 3, mouse attack, star allies

>platforming
Just because there are platforms doesn't really make it a platformer.
There aren't any difficult jumps or any instances where you need to time your jumps or avoid obstacles or use some special technique. It's just move Kirby from here to there. There's no stakes. If SOMEHOW you miss a jump, you just puff up and drift back to safety.
> fighting
>puzzles
Braindead ones, yes. If the solution isn't immediately obvious to you, have fun man. Kirby is your ideal game.
>secret areas
I guess but "secret" implies that somebody might not discover it or it takes a little searching and that's not really the case in Kirby.

>Easy bad

That's not what I said. I'm telling you that the things you said the game has, the game doesn't actually have.
It's a 'comfy walker; in a 3D environment (as opposed to a 'comfy left to right stroller' in 2d that they normally are), not a "platformer".

>tfw Amazing Mirror is only available for wii u or 3ds for some limited ambassador program. And wii u eshop is nearly dead
>Original gba version is 60 for just the cart
>direction of series will never allow for something nonlinear like this game again
It hurts.

This game was my childhood. What's wrong with it?

>>tfw Amazing Mirror is only available for wii u or 3ds for some limited ambassador program. And wii u eshop is nearly dead
You still have time to get it? Or just emulate it? You can hack a 3DS and put it on there easy peasy.

Wouldn't call them bad, but I feel a majority of Kirby games are fun but loaded with tons of small annoyances that just make the whole experience really draining sometimes.

Like, you can easily go through Crystal Shards in around 4 hours and it's a mildly fun experience that is quite easy, or you could do the annoying as hell task of 100%-ing the game which turns it into a 10 hour experience where you basically have to play levels near perfectly to avoid losing your special ability that you've combo'd with another ability so you can open a door that's locked with a Rock/Wind combo that you found in Stage 3-2 and 5-1. Dreamland 3 is probably the worst when going for the 100%.

This game honestly feels fun to play even when going for the 100%, still has small annoyances like how you can't see all the missions when you complete a stage and have to play it at least 3 times to see them all, or how you can't restart a stage and need to quit out and enter it again. Still, when you can only get nitpicks out of a game it's a pretty great game.

It was very short, but not bad

I wish they would give it the super star ultra treatment

better than odyssey, open world is cancer

>or how you can't restart a stage and need to quit out and enter it again
It's also annoying how when you do the Ability trials, you don't get the option to retry immediately. So if you're 0.5 seconds off, you have to go back to the map, then back in.

All of them

also because its so limited it will never build any kind of following from newer players which means nobody will ever ask for it.

Forgotten Land's auto-aim and camera flattening trick is a more elegant solution than 3D World's axial locked movement. I like 3D World but I think the basic gameplay is kind of lame. It's saved by super refined 4-koma gameplay, but I can't help but think if the game would have been better with better movement in the first place.

I hope you're not implying Odyssey is open world?
Retard take.

Why can't they be consistent with Dedede's design? Goddamnit.

Amazing Mirror it's so good.
youtube.com/watch?v=8ySAfukPnbA
youtube.com/watch?v=UvITIzt-xBo
youtube.com/watch?v=FXLWBebcZZw
youtube.com/watch?v=wvzlrD3vjpk
youtube.com/watch?v=mWRx5mWw2eY

>4-koma gameplay
what

Attached: 0bd.jpg (250x203, 5.45K)

Sackboy Adventure its a better Forgotten Land.

>it doesnt count

Attached: unknown.png (430x314, 59.15K)

Ask Jeeves, dumb fuck.

They didn't rush another main line game after Star Allies was what went so right

Balan wonderworld is more difficult than this game

Odyssey isn't open world. Take your meds.

It's the level design pattern Mario games have been using since the Galaxy games.

You're not wrong.

Attached: Box Fox.webm (1280x720, 2.48M)

More difficult to look at.

Google doesnt explain how 4-koma manga has to do with mario gameplay

Did I say use Google, fart huffer? Did I even say to Bing it, cockshitter? Fuck you're a retarded cockmongrel.

Attached: aa62fbd0-1a0d-11e7-bfc2-e7309fa2ce4e_600x400.jpg (600x400, 26.46K)

Lightbulb Mouth is a blatant rip off of Lovely Lantern and I’m sick of pretending otherwise.

>4-koma gameplay
Based

the levels are undeniably more open which sucks and was a bad take, hopefully they learned their lesson and make more goal-oriented levels in the future

Kishotenketsu. Every 3D World level is built around some gimmick or concept. It then follows the 4-koma structure. The gimmick gets introduced in a safe area. Then danger is added to the introduced gimmick. Then there's some twist where the gimmick is used in a different way. Then there's a conclusion which is a more intense test comprised of previous knowledge.

So you'll get a double cherry in a safe area. You'll use the double cherry in an area with some enemies. Then the concept is twisted by panels that require you to keep and separate a number of cherry clones, turning what was previously a protective power-up into a challenge. Then the last part before the flag is tricky terrain with enemies designed to split your clones up, with an objective of keeping enough of your clones alive to get the last green star.

>see faggot dunkey playing it in his review
>struggling and getting hit over the simplest shit
how do you struggle with fucking KIRBY of all things