How goes your game development?

How goes your game development?

You... ARE still working on your game, right?

Attached: c-sharp-c-logo-02F17714BA-seeklogo.com[1].png (267x300, 16.75K)

7+2=10

Maybe I'll work on it tomorrow

Currently checking out the new Unity LTS. Liking the templates they include now.

drawing's been distracting me from working on it, i need to follow some tutorials to get the hang of some stuff

I'm working on tilesets for space dungeons, along with tileable textures for such. Red dot is about the size of a large ship, for scale.

Attached: UnderspaceTilesetWork.jpg (1319x2933, 1.79M)

I've never made a game before, and I'm in very early stages. I'm struggling on settling on/finding an idea I'm passionate about. I'm reluctant to make small shitty games just to learn.

>I'm reluctant to make small shitty games just to learn.
Then you won't make anything

I'm reading SICP. Once I read through this book, and then an additional book on design patterns, then I will start programming some games.

Attached: 1648330679522.jpg (225x225, 10.13K)

I prefer making mods. Less work and I get more attention.

Feel free to skim over parts of SICP. It's meant to be used in courses, so there's a toooon of exercises.

I'm making a game about pushing down walls.

You play a character who's parents were killed by a wall when it was pushed down by another wall, that probably was pushed down by someone else for some stupid reason. Now you take your vengeance on all walls.

By pushing them down.

And the ending is pushing the wall that killed the parents

Finished for today but I added a goalkeeper in.
Tomorrow I'll hopefully get him to attempt to save the shot on goal.

Attached: 010.webm (470x416, 2.01M)

I'd like to but I get triggered by seeing bugs in video games like models/animations getting fucked up, characters not behaving as intended, camera going outside the bounds or inside characters when it's not supposed to etc so making a game would be a nightmare for me.

Why make it in c# though?

I'm sorry for your condition

>You... ARE still working on your game, right?
I haven't touched it in a month ;___;

Attached: blockgame_2022-03-21_15-28-17.png (1602x932, 222.76K)

I took a while off to learn 3D modeling, but 3D art is so much fun, I forgot that I ever wanted to make video games.
I'll get back to it when I build enough skills to make all my own assets, and even if that never happens, I'm having a bloody good time.

I just keep procrastinating and getting idea blocks for games, idk what to do, maybe I'll just work on an idea some random anons here post and make a Yea Forums game

>C#
C and asm are all you need.

No.

>>>/prog/

I used to want to make games until I worked in the industry and realized what a meat grinder it is. You better LOVE it because you're going to work 200% harder for 50% the pay of a normal job.

Faster than c++, equivalent in most cases and can fallback to c++ code (using native assemblies interoperability) for performance critical tasks. Multiplatform support through mono/xamarin.

asm is all you need. fuck C.

>Faster than c++
What I actually mean by that is faster *development* than c++. Sorry.

Work on your game as a hobby in your free time. Working for a studio isn't worth it at all.

does anyone have a way of cutting meshes when they're contacted by a collider in unity? please fuck it's driving me insane there are absolutely no tutorials for this online except brackeys and his game's far too different, just a rudimentary "mesh cutting" script would be enough.

Attached: RUMBLING.gif (520x293, 3.36M)

I just want to make a doomlike, like all the others on steam so that CERTAIN YOUTUBERS will play it, call it shit and i can plant meems in it for them to call out.

Also, i don't know shit about shit, so i need like snapmap tier retard proof shit and rockin tits to draw in the other idiot fags

I'm too retarded to make a game. Even the game window keeps crashing when i execute the file.

does anyone want to make a game together u have to do the art though

just make pixel art

Unreal 5 is being mean to me.
I should've stayed with unreal 4.

n-no sir
How do anons get over the initial hump in getting something you can actually iterate on that feels rewarding? I can make other software fine but when it comes to videogames, getting from "there's a cube on the screen and you can move your camera around" to "there's enough world and things to interact with that it feels exciting to work on" is a massive hurdle

this is why most indie devs work in a team, if everyone can focus on iterating all of the basics, once you finally have the initial framework it becomes less daunting of a task to work on the project as a whole.

The last thing I was working on has gotten boring.
I've come up with a new idea for a project. I'm excited by it, but I don't want to start working on it, because I'm scared I'll get bored of it and start working on a brand new thing.
I'm just gonna take a quick break from devving and then see what I feel like working on, if anything.

Attached: Fine.jpg (640x446, 26.12K)

Trying to get the combo system working. I got it working in text form complete with delayed inputs
(Y, Wait Y, Y, Y) It's just a matter of setting up the case for each attack chain by using a string that's already being saved and depending on that string it'll change which attack plays out. Then since it's a string any other aspects I add can be added in without issue since it solely checks the string for what's been given.
Second step would be locking the attacks that you can't use until you get the appropriate upgrade.
Anyone that wants to know how to do delayed inputs. It works like this
>Have two timers
>After an attack start timer one
>if the next input occurs when timer one is still counting down it's a normal input(Y,Y,Y)
>If timer one finishes, start timer two
>if an input occurs when timer two is running then it's a delayed attack(Y, wait Y)
>when timer two ends reset everything so the chain can start anew.

RIP

It just never ends

SEND HELP

Attached: loc.png (195x41, 969)

Just how hard would it be to make a Mario Strikers knock-off with 3 months of experience making windows forms with C#?

alone? I don't want to demotivate you user but it would be a TONNE of work.

Any good readings/videos on isometric tilemap rendering with sprites? I can't figure out how to not make a mess of a render system.
I have a way, but it involves a tensor of rank 4, with the first two dimensions for the tilemap size, the third for the n sprites per tile, and the last dimension for p parameters for each sprite (which are local position and scale). I'm pretty sure this is way too much for a simple isometric map rendering, and formating this to a text file is difficult.

For the last fucking time trying to make a game is pointless if you're not an artist.

Why not use one timer with two thresholds?

Meh, I wouldn't even know where to start.

I am not sure myself but why not just calculate all the interval time between attack and then set threshold around it for example if >500ms reset combo

why not timer is 1 then combo one and timer is 2 then combo 2 etc etc etc, then if an attack exceeds 2 when one is down it's delayed, like other user said, it could work on one singular timer, that might leave you room to add mixups etc.

Since deltaTime isn't exact and the time limits we're talking about is something like half a second at most for both of them.

I thought delta time just streamlined for latency, I'm a codelet but if that's the case then yeah I guess two timers would make more sense.

hire one

It's great for long timers but I found it less responsive than two timers for such a short amount of time while expecting player input, plus it makes testing easier since I can see in the debug which timers are active to make sure there aren't any bugs.

long term, i need to improve significantly at art, short term i need to just be making games to familiarize myself with the process and get better at game/level design

to stand any chance, i need to be working insane hours for no pay but i think it will be worth it if i make something that satisfies me personally

why not just hire an artist on fiver? I know it sounds crazy at first glance but you're really stabbing yourself in the back by stretching yourself so thin, it takes years and years of practice to get even remotely good at art and even then most game art and sprites need to be animated, focus on the design and feel of the game and build a team of mercenaries to fill in the rest or do simple pixel art, believe me it'll cut those insane hours to at least ludicrous hours.

I mean adapting to unity in the first place from windows forms, as in using monobehaviour etc etc is definitely something that will take a moment, but once you're used to how it all works it becomes relatively easy to transplant your previous C# knowledge on top, I would personally start with just two 3D cubes and two rectangles at either side of a roughly 'pitch' sized rectangle at either end and pretty much get the collision for a goal working and then go down the list, for example canned passing might not be too hard depending on the position of the player, the hard part will be using A* or something like that to code the smarts on CPU players if that's what you're going for, you could also hire a pajeet to do this for you though...then it's just a matter of art and UI/UX design.

I never understood this. Everyone is working in the game for free so why do we have to pay the artist when the game still is in the development phase?

>I'm reading SICP

Attached: 2563472727.jpg (448x560, 46.78K)

>why do I have to pay someone for their labour and time
my nigger....are you absolutely SURE you didn't hit a crack pipe before posting that?

Attached: meth.jpg (661x610, 45.84K)

i know an artist personally who i could hire but i think she is more interested in playing video games that actually working most of the time. the price would probably be steep to pry her away from the internet but i prefer someone i know personally over a fiverr rando. i might just make games with my own shitty handcrafted programmer art. they say sometimes programmer art has soul. look at the original pokemon red/green sprites and tell me those were made by a professional. i thought ken sugimori designed the original pokemon but it was actually various sprite artists

Attached: ddfaqo6-1106f8e5-f937-42e3-abf4-e2ae39769b61.jpg (1837x1153, 1.51M)

>everyone works on a game for free
>somehow the artist must be paid
You're an artist, aren't you?

I think that's the way forward, my programmer art is fucking AWFUL but all my friends screech SOVL every time I show them
no I'm a level designer, but I still think you should pay your artists

Attached: Wizframe4.png (96x100, 1.96K)