VTMB2 is looking pretty dead

After the director for VtMB2 left last year and everyone was wondering what would happen, and then nothing did, and the preorders are still open, I happened to stumble on this article from Chris Avellone.

chrisavellone.medium.com/what-the-fuck-happened-to-bloodlines-2-1ad557bf2284
It's a very interesting read, but here's the short summary.
>Avellone worked on it 2016-mid 2018, helped pitch the game to Paradox (reminder, first trailer was in march of '19)
>characterizes his whole stint there as the last five minutes of Barton Fink stretched over 2.5 years (youtu.be/YYbagkc3vWM?t=8088) and none of his work was used
>had a huge passion for the game, but didn't get along with the director, Brian Mitsoda, who was the sole writer from the original game there
>Brian was the main writer for the new game, but was also being used for marketing, which is not exactly a writer's strong suit
>implied that he left due to this, or related stress issues
>Avellone says 'no one I worked with in the trenches is still there'
>implied that all of Mitsoda's work was likely thrown out too
>apparently none of the producers from Paradox that he worked with are still working at Paradox either

This article is from last July. the game still hasn't been cancelled.
What do you think will happen?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lw-VKevy_bg&list=PL8UbYpPIoqN0KxUdO7XK4jeUsqU6XBrUJ&index=18
comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/dead-island-2-release-date-2022-report/
forum.quartertothree.com/t/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-ii/141318/333
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What do you think will happen?
literally nothing will happen and the game gets canceled o

It's better off dead. Zero faith in game devs today.

you would think they would've cancelled it by now if they were going to. unless there's an announcement tomorrow that it's officially dead.

A new VTMB2 thread each day that goes from schizo ravings each day of
>The game is still in development
>It's Harebrained Schemes
>It's The Chinese Room
>It's inXile
>It's CDPR
>They saw my thread of an unnanounced project in the works at CDPR and changed the job listings they know I'm on to them
>It's not looking good now guys
Feels like marketing. Is Paradox going to announce something soon? Hopefully, the eventual nail that should go into this Ankaran Sarcophagus

Attached: Fledgling.jpg (999x999, 155.81K)

maybe there's a small team being dripfed just because of how rabid the fans are

Jews ruined gaming while you were jerking off to your manga lolis, that happened.

why do people still care about this shovelware?
belated sequels are rarely good, belated sequels that go through this amount of dev hell are doomed to be shit

to quote

Attached: file.png (689x178, 32.07K)

because bro it's a sequel to a beloved cult classic!
that means it has to be good!!
even though the people who made it great are all gone now!!!!!

thank you shazam-sama

reminder that even rik schaffer wont make a soundtrack as good as bloodlines unless theyre torturing him on a daily basis and making him sleep in a sewer tank

yeah uh "fans" more like trannies who see this as an opportunity to get their hands all over VTMB and make it theirs

If you guys are starved for WoD shit I can recommend the text VtM games Choice of does. Night Road in particular is pretty great.

Depends
Psychonauts 2 was a pretty good belated sequel

Kingdom Hearts 3 is even getting a sequel.

Why are we having Bloodline threads every night? Anyways, as far as we know the game could've been totally scraped. Whoever the mysterious studio is might be making a totally different game from the ground up. We just have to wait and see.

Paradox was open in the latest article about almost cancelling the whole thing. Whatever the new pitch was, it's worth their resources. Just wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=lw-VKevy_bg&list=PL8UbYpPIoqN0KxUdO7XK4jeUsqU6XBrUJ&index=18

Attached: Vampire-Game-Image-3.jpg (1920x1080, 175.72K)

It'll release with Dead Island 2, trust the plan.

I'll have you know I am the CDPR schizo and I knew some faggot would start a thread today after I said I was done making them just to make me look even more crazy. OP isn't me. I'm done making the threads.

Didn't know that there was actually communication from Paradox about it. Makes sense, though.

>Why are we having Bloodline threads every night?
The first 6 were me and now this cunt is making me look even crazier by making more. seeHeres the pic I used yesterday.

Attached: CDPR.jpg (1920x1200, 388.62K)

Nigga, it was obvious that it's completely dead when they repackaged everything they had done into a shitty battle royale game.

Attached: 3a342287d675011cfb181fbb150f89e572e6c7ee.jpg (2160x2160, 1.31M)

I was also making them consistently 5 hours before this cunt made his ITS NOT ME IM NOT CRAZY FUCK I SAID I WOULD STOP, WHY ARE THEY SETTING ME UP.

the battle royal is not bat, i'd say its actually pretty good but
1. The fans aren't looking for a battle royal, so, who the fuck was the target audience?
2. It leaves a bitter taste that despite being pretty good, all that time and resources went into making a battle royal of all things

Sorry schizoing is the new forever meme.
I know Yea Forums was never good but fucking hell are people determined to make it worse year by year.

That's not what happened, it's just that the WoD licenses get pimped out to anybody and everybody. Look at Werewolf.

what is that picture trying to imply? that one of the 'other projects' is vtm? very weak argument if that's the case

well, good thing Dead Island 2 is coming out
don't worry kindredbros, were going home

comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/dead-island-2-release-date-2022-report/

Attached: 12.png (852x541, 36.53K)

>what is that picture trying to imply? that one of the 'other projects' is vtm? very weak argument if that's the case
My OP post from yesterday. It actually is quite likely its them.

It never stood a chance. The source material has been pozzed for years, and I doubt they would reference an older edition. As for the game side the original was cutting edge, the face animations beat out a lot of things today; just making some basic immersive sim wouldn't have the same impact.

stop gangstalking me

It's not really hard to understand what is going on with the game. Every single person who worked on it has been fired, and their work has been given to a different company who will use some of its assets to make their own game called VTMB2. The leaks say it's The Chinese Room who are a Sumo Digital subsidiary now, and they were given 2 years to get the game made. So expect the game in 2023 or 2024.

The other projects like VTM Bloodhunt and VTM Swansong are doing fine, so it's NBD.

that's a lot of greentext and no sources

What are you talking about? Bloodhunt was announced like a week after VTMB2, and has a completely different team behind it. Stop thinking that VTMB2 is some huge deal. It's just one of several VTM projects, and the only project that shat the bed.

>1. The fans aren't looking for a battle royal, so, who the fuck was the target audience?
What do you mean by "the fans" exactly? VTM is a multiplayer franchise. It's a tabletop game. So arguably the multiplayer battle royale is more in line with what the fanbase want than a singleplayer RPG like Bloodlines or Swansong. And we're not going to pretend that the VTMB fanbase is the actual VTM fanbase. VTMB fans are fans of VTMB. A very different creature.

>that's a lot of greentext and no sources
Everything in the fact section is all sourceable if you just look it up. I even bothered to delineate between what was my speculation and pure fact that CDPR and Paradox have said. I didn't lie once.

Such a shame, I had high hopes. The first trailer seemed promising.
At least there is Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Oh wait nevermind.

>The leaks say it's The Chinese Room who are a Sumo Digital subsidiary now, and they were given 2 years to get the game made. So expect the game in 2023 or 2024.
WHAT FUCKING LEAKS
i keep hearing about these leaks but where are they? did any reputable leaker say anything? was there a massive leak like with the nvidia shit? WHERE IS THE SOURCE OF THESE LEAKS CAUSE SO FAR NOBODY HAS SHOWN ME JACK SHIT

Attached: 10.jpg (600x517, 44.34K)

They even stole my image I said I was gonna use the next day. AHHHHHHHH

>i keep hearing about these leaks but where are they? did any reputable leaker say anything?
No, there have been absolutely 0 leaks and the chinese room rumour that went around on twitter last week was started by me. Nothing has leaked.

This game was literally a hoodrat circus

I kinda suspected this was just a whole scam after they literally fired everyone involved. They never wanted it to ship and just wanted to scam preorders from e3 hype or some shit

Attached: 1645561921582.gif (500x281, 2.4M)

do vampires exist in your country? if yes, can you name specific locations? are you yourself a vampire? just curious

forum.quartertothree.com/t/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-ii/141318/333

>Absolute nobody from a nobody forum says something
Cool and let me now leak that its actually OBSIDIAN MAKING IT!!

See how easy is is to make shit up. There have been no proper Schrier level leaks about it.

I heard about TCR being the developer like a year ago on the spooky secret discords. Paradox were going to shitcan the entire game, but TCR made a proposal, and now have a bunch of junior devs crunching to release an entire RPG on a 2 year dev cycle because Paradox just want return on investment. They're tired of sinking money into this game.

Hardsuit's version was a boring piece of shit. That's the main reason Paradox fired them instead of trying to fix the game. It couldn't be fixed. They're Hunt: Showdown-ening it. Taking its assets, giving them to another team, and having them make a game. Presumably it'll still be an FPS/RPG.

Why would it be Obsidian? Why not Sumo Digital('s subsidiary TCR)? Paradox are not going to work with a Microsoft studio. It has to be someone like Saber Interactive or Sumo or Crytek or Rebellion or something similar. An independent company experienced in outsource work. There's a pattern to these things. Like how Konami hire companies like Bloober Team to make Silent Hill, and not a company like... say, Tango Gameworks. Because they want an independent company. (Even if Sumo is owned by Tencent it's not the same thing.)

Source these discord posts from reliable people or you’re just another guy who said something.

Are you brain damaged? I was clearly saying obsidian as a joke to show hoelw easy it is to just make something up. Chinese Room isnt even hiring for an rpg

The Chinese Room are making two games. Both are UE4. One is an original IP, and the other is a game that "isn't theirs" whatever that is supposed to mean.

And cool you literally just posted my fake leak from a week back word for word. Chinese room are hiring for an action adventure game. The ip that isnt theres shit i made up.

I mean...

Attached: The Chinese Room.png (1081x273, 38K)

They're hiring for people with first person action-RPG experience. Also, it's not like they actually have to hire RPG people. They can just migrate them over from the fuckhuge parent company Sumo Digital. Aka the studio that was making Dead Island 2 between 2016 and 2019, before Dambuster Studios took over.

They're everywhere in america. I'm a hunter. Now gotta break this phone before the camarilla gets my location.

I would not expect TCR's VTMB to be as RPG-focused as Hardsuit's. It will likely be more Cyberpunk-esque, being an FPS that has RPG elements, but the focus is more on branching narrative choices.

Nice cherry picking and now post the second part of the job listing where it says the PROJECT is an action adventure game. They only listed rpg experience in the qualifications section

See

>As a studio we develop our own original games, as well as ‘TCR’ takes on select IP. Current projects are first-person action-adventure games for console and PC, and we’re looking for a world-class Senior Sound Designer to join the team.
This explicitly confirms that The Chinese Room are working on a game IP that belongs to a different company in addition to their own game. They're making a "The Chinese Room"-ified version of VTMB just as they made a The Chinese Room-ified version of Amnesia. Which could be good.

>we take on select ip
The only thing this confirms is they have taken on amnesia in the past. Nothing else.

What on earth makes you think The Chinese Room's version of VTMB will be RPG-focused? Was their version of Amnesia a survival horror game? No. They will absolutely pivot VTMB2 into more of an FPS adventure game than FPS /RPG. It's just how they roll. If you want that hardcore RPG stuff, Swansong has you covered. Also, on a rushed 2 year development cycle they can't really afford to get bogged down in RPG stuff.

It confirms they have multiple games in development, too.

>and the other is a game that "isn't theirs"
Amnesia duh

Is it just me or are people in denial about TCR making VTMB2 because they don't want it to be true or something? Of all the possible studios who could reboot a shitshow project, Sumo Digital abso-fucking-lutely fit the bill. Who do you think took over Crackdown 3? Who took over Dead Island 2 for a few years. It fits.