Metroid Thread

youtube.com/watch?v=Fo5JOpXnk5M
>Ginu olo torota... Ana maril sanul bura. Aimar hem gal om.
Unironically the best moment in the game, and one of the best in the whole franchise.

Attached: she said a thing.jpg (1280x720, 104.13K)

>Hadar sen olmen.
>proceeds to get BTFO by what is essential Samus' Devil Trigger
Why is he just Vergil tho?

Attached: hadar sen olmen.jpg (1360x631, 86.02K)

Love this game

Samus herself was just fantastic, perfect characterization, perfect face, perfect voice.

This

I can't get over how great she is in Dread. It may be a bit trite to say that any given scene in Dread is more compelling and profound than the entirety of Other M, but it's still true.

Attached: chillin.jpg (1169x659, 93.02K)

>game somehow delivered on the expectations of being a new Metroid game after more than a decade, of being a direct sequel to Fusion, and being called FUCKING DREAD
Still blows my mind

And it was somehow good. Felt like a correction to the timeline or something.

>Metroid Dread is a real video game that actually exists, and it was fantastic
It's honestly kind of surreal.

Attached: 1623780508021.jpg (2048x1319, 347.51K)

After Other M, they needed to fix the series.

After what?

Other M almost killed it.

You're talking crazy user. There's no game called Other M.

I honestly hated Dread's story.

user, I like you

>See only two (2) live Chozo after 35 years
>Absolute unit bird gods
Worth the wait. The X weren't even trying while copying them.

Attached: 1648500780890.jpg (850x1063, 161.3K)

Why did Sakamoto give her the beauty mark near her mouth in Other M?

My impression is that it's usually a trope for a flashy, glamorous woman. For characters like Bayonetta and the Splatoon idols, it makes sense. It always felt weird for Samus, though.

because Vergil is kino
Likewise a giant fucking Bird Vergil buffed up on SUPERIOR Chozo Genetics and also a kick-ass suit is just as kino, if not more-so

Attached: 1631395199820.png (768x768, 405.79K)

He's been going on about the fucking mole forever. I think what really happened was that he always wanted Samus to have a mole there, the art team said no, fuck off, and only when he became the last Metroid (guy) at Nintendo did he finally manage to browbeat a third party developer into using his version.

I thought her neck was exposed in this scene. It seemed weird but I figured it was some weird show of bird respect.

That’s the lighting, you dumb redditor.

I know, I just wanted to share :(

>ywn be gangraped by a group of Samus clones

Attached: Raep.png (170x170, 52.71K)

I adore the contrast between Samus and Raven Beak.
>Samus: cocky but professional
Raven Beak: powerful but reckless
It's a classic dynamic that's done subtly and quite well here.

Attached: 665.jpg (1000x1044, 145.13K)

>metroid will continue
I just hope it's sometime within a decade this time

>Raven Beak will NEVER EVER get into Smash
Curse this timeline

With how successful Dread was, I doubt it will take long before we see another 2D game.

Like father like Daughter, in a sense

Attached: Raven Beak.jpg (1523x960, 434.53K)

hold out hope, brother
He may have his chance in a future game, especially if Dark Samus got in as a literal clone

Attached: Raven Beak bow.jpg (1698x2560, 3.16M)

because Virgil is kin-
Nevermind this user already explained it

I'd kill to have a Dark Samus mode or some dumb bullshit like that, just completely non-canon but something to satisfy the monkey part of my brain in witnessing who'd beat the shit out of who the best: A radioactive cosplayer or the peak of Chozo civilization

Attached: 01_bf81bd2b.TXTR.bti.jpg (1024x1024, 109.39K)

>All metroids are dead
>Except Samus, who is now officially part metroid
>Which is enough reason for the series to keep its name and makes people who incorrectly call her Metroid half right
It all fell into place.

What if metroid was a girl?

How many Dread ones have you finished? I did my 7th recently but on baby mode to try it out. It was disrespectful to daddy.

Dumb, autistic question, but if they ever brought back Dark Samus, wouldn't that technically be two metroids left? How would they settle the title of The Last Metroid? Through Highlander-tier combat where both go full DMC-tier ready to murder the fuck out of each other until someone (or something) stops them at the very last second?

I was happy when they announced the boss rush dlc and then immediately felt like it wasn't enough

Attached: 1633921793448m.jpg (694x1024, 87.77K)

I did four, one normal and three on hard.

Thought about doing dread mode, but that straight up doesn't sound like fun

Well if they revived another Metroid then they wouldn't be able to call her the last Metroid. Not a difficult question.

It is both ridiculous and glorious.

I'd settle for a mode where you can play the game with the Metroid Suit.

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_and_1_more_drawn_by_rariatto_ganguri__sample-932cefe8e7ddc01a2aa7c6536bee506e.jpg (850x1182, 190.21K)

Man, hopefully we'll get DLC soon
Raven Beak's cut dialogue lives rent free in my fucking head and I wanna see what else those fuckers had in store before they had to cut shit at the very last minute

A metroid thread? Thanks, I could use some more fap material.

Is she cocky?
She always seemed stoic to me

Attached: samus.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Hopes for Prime 4?

Attached: samus28573750.jpg (1024x1318, 247.78K)

>Raven Beak's cut dialogue
From what I just read, this was just a verbalization of the final ADAM monologue.

It might sound like a really small thing but I love how the Metroid suit is based on the adult Metroids. They could have easily made it so it looked like a much more iconic larva but instead they chose what made sense

Hopes?
>Sylux is at least comparable to Raven Beak and not a jobbing little bitch, or at the VERY least is on par with Dark Samus in terms of power
>Weavel also makes a comeback
>Dark Samus gets hinted at, potentially in her Prime 2 cut concept armor
>A Mawkin fight in First Person
>Faster pace than the original trilogy
>cool-ass varia design
There's dialogue where its implied he straight up purposefully infects himself with an X-parasite before gurgling in Chozo "THERE IS NO POWER WITHOUT SACRIFICE"
Not gonna lie, makes him seem even more fucking kino, and I wish we had more of that cut shit

Attached: 01_a0969d86.TXTR.bti.jpg (1024x1024, 159.59K)

as much as I love this game it's a shame the only good music that came from it was the two variations they did from Super Metroid, the 3DS game had the same issue, Mercury Steam doesn't really know how to make memorable music and previous Metroid titles were a big part of that

>Is she cocky?
She spends half this game styling on her opponents.

I kinda hope it incorporates Samus' acrobatics. Something like Mirror's Egde or the recent Doom games. Also, melee counter button.

Attached: the virgin corpius, the stacy samus.webm (854x480, 2.7M)

It comes out for Nintendo's next console.

>She spends half this game styling on her opponents.
In Samus's case it always seemed just stylistic thing to show her as an action-hero level badass, and not so much an ego thing.
As opposed to a character like Bayonetta that relished in flaunting it.

Didn't Mercury Steam have like 4 times as many cinematics planned before Nintendo told them to cut them for time (and quality probably)? I think I remember reading that from some interview around when the game came out

PLEASE LET WEAVEL RETURN

I love the game and think it delivered more than it fell short, but there are aspects that are underwhelming or frustrating to me. I don't like how much the EMMIs dominate the level design; I don't like how disconnected the different areas feel or how modest the distinctions between some of them are (the EMMIs are part of that); I don't care for the story/concept whatsoever; the soundtrack doesn't leave much of an impression; one or two abilities are just glorified keys.

I wonder if they'll restore Samus's suit for the next game or keep it slightly damaged and therefore blue in the base form. It will annoy me if we never see it fully regrown.

that, plus bosses
Like there were planned to be a shit ton more bosses than what we got originally from what I remember in that interview

Samus isn't cocky she's chuuni

Yeah. Less is more.

Unsubstantiated rumors from alleged ex-employees if I remember correctly.

Source? I know there was another interview with ex-employees but I swear there was one with one or a few that were still at MercurySteam

Fucking loved Dread. Need to make time to try boss rush.

Attached: 1635037908387.jpg (1024x644, 52.04K)

>Samus's genetics
Would Samus be able to bear your child?

SAMUS, RAVEN BEAK RUNS A MAGNETO/STORM/SENTINEL TEAM. YOU ARE POWERLESS AGAINST HIS MIXUPS

Attached: 1633991757668m.jpg (1024x571, 75.64K)

Take a dig for it. I know of one. It may have been in Spanish. If it's typical fair, there'll be no names and the extent of it will be 'trust me, bro' from the outlet who'd have presumably vetted their leakers' employment history. There are multiple layers of potential issues inherent to this kind of reports that default them to rumors/hearsay.

Stop posting the same thing every thread

Do you want your child to be born a freak and/or retarded?

>his favorite part of the game is the marvel capeshit and cutscenes

I feel such a disconnect with this fandom. Why doesn't anyone care about the fucking game portion of this video game?

Attached: Hades-Eye-Roll-In-Disneys-Hercules_408x408.jpg (408x408, 107.36K)

We can only bang on about how smooth Samus's controls feel for so long friend and best boss discussion always just comes down to daddy.

I don't know, but I'll give it my best!

It just feels weird, you have these good portions of the game, and yet people are happy to praise the garbage that feels like it came out of Uncharted.

Okay, would you prefer I spend the whole thread furiously masturbating over the Flash Shift? Or talking about how the Diffusion Beam is kinda lame? Cause that's not really as interesting to talk about as you seem to think.

Man I sure love that early gravity suit, makes me feel real clever every time I do it.

If you're so bored of talking about the game, then why even make a thread? Just to jerk off to Samus? Because you can easily do that on /aco/.

At the least don't get angry if someone offers a differing viewpoint.

Won't know until we try.

Attached: 1635512645661.jpg (750x742, 262.6K)

>Early gravity suit
>Early screw attack
>Early cross bombs
good shit

I'm not bored of talking about the game, I'm bored of talking about the parts that were only good for discussion once.

How the fuck are you supposed to beat survival Rush if you'renot a speedrunner? The other 2 are just a matter of persistence but Survival gives you fuck all for a time limit.

The flash shift is pretty cool actually. It facilitated much more aggressive boss design
Says the fag who's shitting up the thread complaining about people not discussing the gameplay... while also not discussing the gameplay himself

>At the least don't get angry if someone offers a differing viewpoint.
Right back at you.