What went right?

What went right?

Attached: 1D6B09D2-0DF6-4D8A-9412-6BE3992F0304.jpg (330x500, 88.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/Yv5UAdAa9v4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sassy onahole companion

how does this 2006 game still have the best horse combat of all time?
its better than BOTW and Elden Ring and RDR2 combined

Unironically this. If you don't believe it go back and play it. The horse combat feels better than elden ring. Haven't played RDR2. BOTW horse feels good if you use the link amiibo to get epona

It's a competent game that blew me away because it came out after Wind Waker and Kinstone Fetch Quest Cap so I thought Zelda couldn't be good anymore. I'll probably never replay the long intro but one fun playthrough is more than I can say for liquid shit like, say, Phantom Hourglass.

Dominion Rod and its quest sucked shit but Ball and Chain kicks so much ass they couldn't fit it in a treasure chest so it evens out

Best dungeons in the series

Lack of "intelligent" horse AI that gets stuck on every larger than average pebble.

This. I still remember Arbiter's grounds, snowpeak, Hyrule castle, and temple of time

They all had great atmosphere to them.

I love the atmosphere of the Twilight Realm. It's dark but also peaceful. I also love the music.
youtube.com/Yv5UAdAa9v4

I was Supremely disappointed with this game

>awkwardzombie draws a new tp comic
>draws midna as unerotic as humanely possible
Did she succeed?

Attached: IMG_6005.png (780x884, 772.65K)

Twilight realm being a supremely cool concept

NOT THE WII U REMAKE
HOLY SHIT WHAT WERE HTEY THINKING
RUINS THE ARTSTYLE
ADDS ON LOCKED ON DISC AMIIBO SHIT
INTEGRATES WITH MIIVERSE AND REPLACES HALF THE RUPEE CHESTS WITH USELESS FUCKING STAMPS

Attached: bag.jpg (940x711, 129.58K)

Link was kind of a pretty boy, but it was when he was still allowed to be a chad as opposed to a complete twink.

Also it had best companion by a long shot, good combat, and the world was great.

On replays bosses are too easy, but it's less noticeable on the first playthrough because, at least for the time, they conveyed a sense of epicness that really made the experience. Also the dynamic music that changed from the scary boss music to the more heroic main theme whenever you turned the tables on the bosses was awesome.

Attached: link tp.jpg (852x1024, 122.87K)

Cool dungeons
Good Link design
Good Midna/Zelda/Ganondorf designs
Good boss designs
Good music
Good new items (spinner, ball&chain, double clawshots)

It's my second favorite Zelda but it is incredibly inconsistent in terms of quality

>RUINS THE ARTSYLE
wdym?

imp midna > muppet midna > true form midna

It's basically Ocarina of Time with more polish and less risks. Aside from the first 3 hours being as slow as they are, never entirely got the long term hate here. You'd think people would be able to let go of a disappointing hype train 15 years after the matter and just appreciate a solid game for what it is.

Out of all the games it's my 3rd least favorite in front of skyward sword and the fuckn' train one.

I personally despise Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, BOTW, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks but everyone is entitled to their own opinion

>doesn't fall into the same "you don't need content!" trap as Wind Waker
It's that easy

Less creative input from Miyamoto

WiiU remaster added Hero Mode and Ganondorf amiibo so its sins are forgiven. Being able to play TP tuned to where it's possible to die without having narcolepsy is nice.

look at comparison shots, jesus man
here comes the train choo choo, open wide baby?

>Ganondorf amiibo
god it's such a piece of shit, and you defend it
abysmal, the fucking state of it

>here comes the train choo choo
We're not talking about Spirit Tracks.

I did, they look practically identical.

Wind Waker had plenty of content. It was just spread out over a needlessly large sea. The long sailing time made it feel like there was less to do.

The methodology is shit but what it unlocks was something so desperately needed for the game that I'll still take it. Damage output in the base game was utterly pathetic and going 4x damage feels a lot more on point. Still could fix the AI routines to be a bit more assertive but fuck it, it's still a better feel than the base game.

The horseback bosses in TP are peak

The first time fighting that boss on the beyblade while flying up the sides of the towers felt fucking amazing. That item was criminally underused and really, that boss was the only one in the entire series I've ever actually found fun/impressive - minus TPs final boss.

Midna. Apart from her, it felt like Nintendo dumping a bunch of worthless gimmicks on the OoT formula in an effort to stop the player from feeling like he'd already beaten this game three times before.

The dominion rod is great because now you don’t have to sit through the command melody cutscene every time to direct shit

midnas fat fucking ass

>Ruins the artstyle
One of the biggest problem with the Wii U """remake""" is that they were selling pretty much just a Wii game for 50$. They look the same.

Link's sweet outfit. The chainmail and forearm guard was a nice touch.

Attached: 1621736020209.png (2447x2750, 3.97M)

>copy paste reefs
>copy paste sub rooms
>copy paste forbidden fortress
>copy paste sea platforms
“No”

>zelda thread
>2 posts in, someone brings up Elden Ring

Attached: XRwR.gif (200x150, 436.16K)

>like five dungeons total
No.

>relevant game has relevance
I can't imagine

They don't, the textures were upressed significantly, they just made it look like how you remember TP looking. The real issue is that they weren't allowed to update the models so it's basically a bunch of HD textures on low poly models and environments, which I believe is something Tantalus actually wanted to address but wasn't allowed to.

>relevant game
You only wish that were true.

>Go left go right go straight
Every Dungeon in this game follows the same format. Overrated linear trash.

Nothing. Its just as bad as Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

I love how every single person who vomits this copy paste Boss Keys rhetoric fails to remember that he says this isn't even a bad thing approximately 5 seconds after pointing it out.

they removed the fucking twilight fog, it's no longer fucking twilight princess
fucking poorfag.

>Boss Keys
Literally who? Anyone can see that TP has shit dungeons. You were just enamored by mediocre set pieces.

lol, weak bait
dungeons ARE set pieces, retard
(pretending is still)

What the fuck are you talking about you absolute bellend, make sense

Dungeons are linear and follow the same layout and progression. Dungeons are simple and easy to solve. They have the same problems as Wind Wakers dungeons.

He looks like a complete twink in the game itself.

Set pieces, yes. Mediocre, it depends on what you mean. TP is absolutely form over function, they live and die by looking and feeling cool. Problem is so does pretty much every other 3D dungeon in the series, TP is just much more up front and committed to it. Other than maybe MM, very few Zelda dungeons match the design finesse of the 2D games, and even then Snowpeak Ruins still lands on that short list with how well it actually utilizes its limited space. So either you throw 90% of 3D Zelda dungeons under the bus for being linear set piece moments or you shut up and enjoy the ride for what it is.

That opening. Holy shit, that opening. BRIMMING WITH SOUL.

Over 20lbs of pussy and ass

I felt the N64 Zelda games did a better job with their dungeon layouts and use of space.

why is it everyone bends over backwards to claim Wind Waker has a good artstyle but they fail to recognize Twilight Princess's full sail

Eh, kinda. With OoT I'd give it the Water Temple for sure, maybe Forest and Spirit Temples on the creativity front. Shadow and Fire are pretty much TP dungeons, Ice Cavern and Ganon's Castle are cool but only sort of qualify as full dungeons, and the child dungeons are some of the simplest to grace 3D. MM, on the other hand, play with prototype takes of BotW-esque structural manipulations in the context of classic Zelda dungeon designs, and as such tend to be very good indeed.

TP suffers due to having a darker color palette and releasing in the time that's referred to as gaming's dull brown era of graphics.

but look at the Tim Burrton characters, look at the digital looking monsters, admire the golden twilight fog over most scenes

>and as such tend to be very good indeed.
Shame about the rest of the game.

OOT's was better.

The thing is they purposely made OoT dungeons less complex than the 2d Zelda games but still did a good job with their layouts. MM took what Oot did to another level. WW TP take 3 steps back with their dungeon designs.

Midna

Attached: 1610830930527.webm (1920x1080, 1.2M)