Melina

What are your honest thoughts on her character?

Attached: melina the kindling maiden.jpg (2249x2269, 881.68K)

What character?

No personality, no development, but she's cute.

pedofaggot 14

Should have been a chatterbox companion whose always with you. Also mating press nakadashi.

shit
literally a nothing character

great for kindling

Needed a dialogue in every notable place in the game and several in every main dungeon if she was going to be our "partner" for the journey.
Instead she was background noise I didn't really care about and her sacrifice was like, oh, okay I guess.

Is there a list somewhere of the dialogue locations for her? I'm not sure if I missed some of the grace dialogues or if there's actually only two of them.

She could have been Seek Seek Lest 2.0, but it's a missed opportunity. Too bad because I really like her design and her voice actor.

Yeah check the wiki. There maybe like a dozen of them, still doesn't give her enough character though. Also the problem is they put the option to talk with her at a list of 20 other options so you miss it unless you're explicitly looking out for it.

>list of 20 other options so you miss it unless you're explicitly looking out for it.
Yeah that's mainly why I'm looking for a list. I didn't realize that she even showed up at grace after the second meeting until I was nearly done with the first two areas.

I got the frenzied flame ending in my first run and she just told me to fuck off and left. Your reaction was the exact one I had when she left.

Attached: 1647030414974.png (708x565, 814.07K)

That she doesn't become a real character until you reach the capital.

Cute but not as cute as Kuro, so she doesn't motivate the player as much.

Attached: 1648536299613.png (2225x2067, 1.45M)

The fact that people do not scream at FromSoft about blatant fucking cut content about her makes me sad.
She talks about her mother in the Erdtree and then it's just fucking dropped and never mentioned again.
Not to mention her not appearing during regular level ups at graces is fucking unacceptable. Most new players won't see her for 50 hours after initial meeting.

>Needed a dialogue in every notable place in the game and several in every main dungeo
This

Honestly I think her not engaging with you at all, has some plot merit. in your journey you discover some tarnished who fell in love with their maidens and lost their original purpose. So maybe Melina avoided you in purpose.

Cute design, and the potential to be the best Fromsoftware level-up lady simply because she's more proactive in seeking you out and is technically with you the entire game.

But sadly they just didn't do much with her. She had a nice intro scene, takes you to the round table, and then you forget she's there for the next thirty hours or so. Mini Ranni is with you for like ten minutes, and she had character developing interactions at every new site of grace during that time.

Attached: SayaelNu.jpg (848x1232, 283.41K)

Would've been nice if she appeared at each shardbearer grace to hear her opinion on each major boss, maybe also have her talk about Ranni during the questline

Potential to be the best maiden EVER wasted by blatant cut content
Miyazaki is a fucking hack if DLCs don't fix it

Not enough interaction with her to care about her sadly.
You can summon and talk to her on marika churches Grace's but she just quotes the queen. I feel like I'm her uber the whole game.

>takes you to the round table
I wonder why you never meet her at the roundtable if she has the ability to teleport there

Yeah, maybe they thought it would have undermined the sense of lonely isolation or explained too much too directly or something, but letting her give a running commentary on new discoveries and characters you meet at sites of grace would have been fun.

Her commenting on Boc and telling you to check in on him was one of the few moments I remember from her, because it showed some reactivity to a side-quest and let her show some concern for someone you met. Acknowledging that she's on the same journey you're on.

Attached: govy9807.jpg (2894x2894, 2.84M)

I only accepted her gay help when I learned it was the only way to get a horse. Still seething.

>Share them with me, your thoughts, your ambitions, the principles you would follow.
There's something in this quote that clicks with me.

are you okay

>Melina
Who?

cute, underdeveloped personality

slut

No maiden, no ring

Hnghhh

Attached: Melly.jpg (1080x789, 169.28K)

I think she's the flagship character of the product, she appears at significant key points and I think there's content that we haven't found from her yet.

Underwhelming. They could have done more with her imo

I told her to fuck off at the end and burned everything down

i dont think about whoever this is at all. why dont you get some fresh air retard

I get asmr when getting my hairs cut by hot women.

What's wrong with her eye? Does she have conjunctivitis?

we have no idea. her whole character is a riddle

If they ever get around to making a DLC I wouldn't be shocked if they used it to expand upon her story. Like how Bloodborne went a bit more into the origins of the Doll.

Attached: _einzbern.png (458x848, 13.76K)

POST THE FRENCH KISSING IMAGE

Sounds like classic GRRM writing. Set up some mystery but then never follow up on it because you can't come up with a good payoff.

Attached: melina kiss.jpg (1200x819, 196.05K)

thinking about it - yeah, but that's something GRRM always shared with miyazaki. they're a good match

She's cute.
I like her for how mysterious she is and her very vague origins.
The frenzied flame ending is my favorite ending because of it being the only one that she appears in.
And because I can kindle myself instead of her.
That kindle cutscene was also sick.

I almost didn't interact with her on my first run because I didn't know I could talk to her in that much graces. Then, after NG+1, the frenzied flame ending etc, she is the only character I speak to. And I love her

She's the gloam eyed queen

looks more of a Miyazaki thing, he loves to shuffle things around, repurpose shit and cut content for some reason even if it leave massive plot holes
like Sulyvahn in DS3 who was clearly supposed to be the main antagonist and final boss in the original vision but was demoted to a mid game boss in the final version

there are some indications, but it makes ZERO sense for her to be a daughter of marika and sacrifice herself for her sake then

Non-character. Her fanart has given her more personality

Hello old friend.

Built for BBC

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Should I accept the frenzied flame before or after visiting the forge?

Attached: 1476056661773.jpg (500x500, 99.91K)

Before. That way you get extra dialogue from Melina. You can revert the frenzied flame ending anyways, but if you go for it, and do it before visiting the forge, you will get an additional cutscene. I think it's worth it

Why would you accept yellow aids
(if you want to do it just to see the ending, you can do it before the final choice, after the elden beast, backup your save, before repairing the elden ring. You can then see every ending, including the frenzied flame one. You can still go and accept the flame then.

Before if you don't want Melina to burn herself, I think. I got the frenzy flame right after the capital on accident because I just wanted to open an evil looking door thinking there was a boss on the other end.

Also what happens if you go frenzy flame ending after she burns herself for the tree?

You don't get the extra scene for obvious reasons
Also
>no secret ending with her for saving melina going frenzied flame, then reverting the curse

This. I bet I saw her about 5 times over a 100 hour playthrough.

>no secret ending with her for saving melina going frenzied flame, then reverting the curse
I have honestly seen fromdrones on Yea Forums defend that as good writing. But yeah, I definitely agree that is a missed opportunity and almost seems like cut content.

I love her but FromSoft didn't even try. If you don't do the Frenzied Flame path, she literally has no personality, you only get a bit of her character on the way to hug the Three Fingers.
So fucking dumb, I will never forgive Miyazaki for trashing the potential of the best Maiden and to just go and give the longest quest in the game to a fucking doll.

Attached: 1648224634673.jpg (941x1024, 103.77K)