Tfw no performance fixes for almost a month

>tfw no performance fixes for almost a month
Anons who bought DS3 on PC on release, how much time it took for From Software to fix the performance issues?
I don't remember how much time it took to fix it, but DS3 was reaaaaaally bad on PC and it ended up performing better than on console (PS4 versions still runs worse than my PC when I only had a 750ti). But I'm not that sure they will fix ER.

Attached: tfw no performance update.jpg (638x501, 72.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2022-yes-valve-really-did-fix-elden-ring-for-steam-deck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

works on my ps5

works on my SeX

>works on my ps5*

*only when using the PS4 version

still sub 60fps no matter what.

Attached: hadouken.jpg (720x720, 64.71K)

japs can't code for shit

Attached: 1648221486902.png (1000x1000, 318.46K)

>still no dualshock support
I just want my dualshock prompts. Why it's so hard?

I have never wanted to refund a game more in my life.
70 hours and I hated 69 of them.

Works on my machine.

Is it true that disabling the anti cheat fixes a lot of the issues?

I got used to the stutters and frame drops with 10 hours in game.
I spend years playing on consoles and a shitty pc and after I bought a good pc I thought I could never go back to shit framerates, but it was just a matter of getting used to it again

No, even pirated copies that don't have anti cheat have issues.

I don't remember DaS3 ever performing poorly on PC. the only issue was that the online fucking sucked and half of the time I did any multiplayer, other people would just be t-posing and sliding around. And even that is still better than ER's online connectivity issues where like half of all games end up randomly disconnecting.

As for ER, seems that the performance issues are intrinsic to whatever DX12 fuckery they used, so I'm not sure there's even a fix possible without them doing some serious overhauls. That said, there is kinda a fix, but you might not like it: it actually runs better on linux due to Proton pre-caching shaders which prevents the stutter completely. I'm sure that's not the answer people want to hear if they're not already using linux, but it's worth noting.

same and based

Attached: 1649791360007.png (596x517, 37.53K)

longer they take, the better

just get a better pc

Works on my machine. Maybe don't be poor.

PC players be like
>I CANT INVADE!

are the stuttering issues caused by poor dx 12 implementation

keep playing 30 fps fuckin dreg, oh also go kill yourself.

For me it fixed a shit ton of issues. Basically 0 crashes and very steady framerate now.
It seems to really be a lottery if Elden Ring likes your setup and which fixes will do something for you.
Tried a bunch and only disabling EAC made a notable difference.

But then you can't connect online, no?

someone's a little touchy

lol

>disabling EAC made a notable difference
Placebo.

I don't remember having issues with DaS3. Elden Ring runs fine at 1080p on my old ass 970 and i3-10100f with 16 GB RAM. Not a stable 60, but it hits it often at high+ settings, and if I had to guess doesn't go below 45. I don't have stuttering issues that some people talk about.

Yup. My first playthrough was completely without messages or any other online features. A bit sad but I prefer having a decent framerate.

DS3 ran great on my 960 at launch.

I remember a lot of people at launch hoping that From would fix the game quickly, as if they hadn't worked 5 fucking years on it, and yet they released it running like shit even on supercomputers with RTX 3090.
I believe that From will never be able to fix this game. The only solution is to get used to the frame rate drops and the problem of frame pacing. If you are lucky, you will have a playable game.
Maybe some autistic person will figure out some way to fix the garbage that From did and release a patch like in the case of Dark Souls 1.

it allows you to download some mods like a Vulkan patch that fixes most stutters

Placebo my ass. When I play with it enabled it crashes at least once per hour and I have 10-20 less fps across the board.

>I don't remember how much time it took to fix it, but DS3 was reaaaaaally bad on PC
No it wasn't.

>Anons who bought DS3 on PC on release, how much time it took for From Software to fix the performance issues?
Longer than this lmao
Sucks but that's Jap devs for you

>Temporarily deactivated
They're never coming back

Attached: 1535850705474.jpg (463x710, 50.27K)

>Maybe some autistic person will figure out some way to fix the garbage that From did
It has already been fixed by Valve a month ago eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2022-yes-valve-really-did-fix-elden-ring-for-steam-deck

>non whites*
Its really fucking annoying hell even eastern europeans cant

Considering its been a month and still nothing i’m guessing this, also i’m guessing this “exploit” was fake so they could allocate more servers to ER because FROM fucking sucks

just werks on my ps4 pro.

Attached: 1386832243981.gif (480x270, 963.24K)

It never started working well on PC and I'm expecting the same with ER, PC versions of From games are always a buggy mess.

>spend all time and resources rebalancing PVP
>exploits will still be found so it's wasted effort
>could just spend that effort permanently fixing performance instead

Yes and no. Shader caches are generated at runtime, but the game also just makes an absurd amount of calls.
source: Steam deck optimizations

Get a vrr monitor / tv, makes a world of difference

>for steam deck
So it's basically nothing for 90% of players?

The fixes are in proton. You can most likely play ER stutter-free with stable performance right now. It just requires linux, is the thing.

Works fine. I bitched about performance on release week but it's smooth now.
I have a 3080 and I have suffered drops to 15 fps when some new assets were loading but by the time I was in caelid it was fixedf in patch probably 1.03 or 1.02

So apparently the issue is due to needing to render shader or something, right? and the more you play the smoother it gets due to new things getting loaded and cached?
If that's the case, then couldn't they just have a simple option on the main menu to pre-cache everything? I'd gladly spend 10 minutes or whatever for the game to automatically load all assets and whatever else before playing the game and then have it be totally smooth after that.

That would only remove the big stutters when a new asset or effect is loaded. Even if you've played through the entire game you can still have tons of stutters and framedrops on high end hardware. It is optimized like shit.

>The master race gets fucked again
Lol its always fun to see it

There's 60 fps parch for Xbox tho

>I don't remember DaS3 ever performing poorly on PC
It used to crash all the time. Also, instead of using ram, it was using virtual memory. You could had 32gb but it would use less than 2 and would rape your HDD, specially because it saves automatically all the time. Now imagine a poor HDD having to deal with the virtual memory being written and read all the time + autosave. My first SSD was due to this game.

>how much time it took for From Software to fix the performance issues?
The lighting still randomly crashes your drivers, so never.

>he doesn't know that the problem is not about raw performance
you are a dumb nigger

Attached: bruh.jpg (1288x880, 270.52K)

>The lighting still randomly crashes your drivers
is that what's happening here? what the hell.

>plays a jap game on pc
>expecting patches

Attached: 1587860001202.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

I really don't mind these games at sub 60fps it's like zelda.

it's not like they're like super intense or hard games or anything. Mario you want 60fps, souls 20fps is literally fine.

Works on my machine

>works
Sure, honey

Attached: sure.jpg (1284x867, 244.32K)

Works on my machine.
Learn to PC.

DS3 works flawlessly nowadays. DS2, except for the durability problem, didn't have any issues

How the hell is this game not working for you? I have a friend playing it on a ten year old machine. Everyone wants to be a victim.

Patch 1.03 solved a lot of problems, but it stills bad. Also, everytime it rains, no matter how much I downgrade the graphics or the resolution, it's always 50fps or less for me.

>only when using the PS4 version
Nope, my PS5 hard copy runs well.

I wish I was blind as you, but I'm not. I'm the type of autist who sees the difference between 30 and 60fps as night and day and can also feel the difference when the framerate drops from 60 to 55. I wish I was normal.

Attached: autismo (4).jpg (261x174, 7.95K)

People like you are the reason performance is so bad in games nowadays. Less than solid 60fps in a 9tf machine is not well, user. At list PS4 and Xone had one of the worst CPUs to work with, but the PS5 and XSX are really powerful consoles, it shouldn't be acceptable.

Attached: 1623357029515.png (328x294, 70.88K)

And? The ps4 version looks basically the same minus the grass and desu I prefer the ps4 grass as the "high quality" grass is too big and too dense.

This I can agree.