Get 120 dollar game for 50% off by default

>get 120 dollar game for 50% off by default
>complain you got value for money

Attached: Elden ring is too big.jpg (1080x1184, 486.61K)

i also don't understand this. literally the only open world game I enjoyed the entire way through. 100 hours of pure unadulterated joy.
Me and my brother would text each other about cool shit we found every day and we'd help each other out with tough bosses.
One of the greatest games I've ever played

fr tho minecraft be INFINITIVE yet it costed 10 buckaroonees? nigga u got da whole universe up in dere

You don't play video games, you sound like a tendie overhyping botw.

think of the poor game reviewers who will have to work extra hours to finish it

That's you having really low standards, there's barely nothing worth enjoying in places like consecrated snowfields or the shitfest known as haligtree.
>what if we reuse every single enemy
>but now they hit super hard
>and that's it

They can just play half the game. Quit at the doorstep of the royal capital.

meanwhile in skyrim...

I unironically agree though.

I did every single side quest, dungeon and castle I came across and ended up at level 200 before I even reached the Fire Giant. I was steam rolling everything in my path so I just decided to run past everything from then on and still beat the game at level ~210.

If I continued doing side content I probably woulda finished at ~300.
Game was already too easy at 200.

it's a really good game
>consecrated snowfields
I enjoyed it. I liked the open spaces it felt mysterious and I also enjoyed the dragon fight. I liked the sense of urgency built into the blizzard area.
>haligtree
one of my favourite areas, I don't understand the complaints
>That's you having really low standards
maybe but it's the only video game I enjoyed in the last 6 months at least

if you played half the game you didnt beat it.

there's nothing wrong with having all the content open to you from the beginning. If you want to overlevel that's completely your choice. If you want more of a challenge I suggest you stop leveling at some point, it's completely in your control.
Works better than having half the world blocked off until you reach a point in the story

Do you also sext each other, help each other out with morning wood? Just curious

That’s HALF? Guess I have 40 more hours in it

sorry you don't know what a friend is

you sound like you love asscreed

>game too bbig
this sentiment is only parroted by retards. I mean that. They dont like the game and want it to be over but they feel compelled to beat it so they complain. They are too stupid to just drop it and too stupid to know why they feel the way they do and too stupid to articulate it.
>think of the poor game reviewers who will have to work extra hours to finish it
Thats not how it works. reviewers sometimes play for 20 minutes to an hour then do their review. Its just a racket. Sometimes thye will play more but thats the exception.

>120 dollar game
Legit kill yourself.

>le x dollars for x hours brainlet meme
I would much rather play a short and fun game than a long boring fucking slog full of garbage filler.
If the amount of time you spend playing is all that matters to you, just play a shitty MMO.

Attached: 1632988522086.jpg (400x400, 18.31K)

>what tictoc and social media does to a nigga.

>and then user went back to play nier automata

>maybe but it's the only video game I enjoyed in the last 6 months at least
Again this just sounds like low standards.

you're blind and retarded if you don't notice the severe quality drop as the game progresses. obviously people's impressions begin to sour the farther they get into the game and until they reach the point they're just forcing themselves to finish it. you call people stupid when you fail to grasp such a basic concept. maybe you should stick to steam forums. I think you'd fit right in

I feel like Haligtree is going to be Yea Forums's great new filter in the coming decade.

It's because it's fucking too big, as in it has to drip feed you rewards and reuse enemies and bosses to fill it's massive bloated world. The game has like 120 different armor sets compared to 80 in Dark Souls 3 despite being like four times the size. Shit a giant waste of time. Going through your 16th copy pasted dungeon just to find a spirit ash at the end is soul crushing.

By "open world" standards it's actually not to big. A lot of the open-worldy stuff is frontloaded to Caelid/Limgrave/Liurnia. After that it starts playing more like a traditional souls game. The underground levels feel more like traditional souls levels, as do areas like Mt. Gelmir. Mountain of Giants is also more confined and feels halfway between Souls level and open world. and then there are all the late-game "legacy dungeons" like Haligtree, Leyndell, Shunning-grounds, Farum Azula that are all more or less traditional souls levels too

And thank god they gradually narrowed things down after the first few areas. If the entire game were that "open" it'd just be too draining. But having the early areas more open-ended and explorable is more important because it allows you to do what you need/what to do for your particular build and then tackle the objectives as you see fit. Great for getting off the ground without having an issue like in DaS3 where the early-game always feel the same regardless of playstyle or build because you don't have much choice in the matter.

Elden rings content is not boring though. I love fighting crucible knight again.
MMOs have shitty content and are shit to begin with. You can't compare elden rings gameplay with a time sink like an MMO. Elden rings PvE and pvp is as complicated or more complicated than fighting games.

People are forcing themselves to finish it because they're playing for 8 hours per day and then get burnt out in a week. Then they get angry when they realize there's another week to play to finish it.

>too big
The game is fucking short

no game is worth more than 60 bucks

not enjoying videogames isn't having high standards, it just means they're not for you and you should move on with your life

i didn't notice a severe quality drop after lyendel. I thought the rest of the game was just as good.

That's funny cause I've been discussing with my brother as we play and we both agree its our least favorite Soulsborne game. The duality of man.

Considering ER has 90 unique bosses (more than DS1+DS2+DS3) and a world + dungeons that per total are as big as DS1+DS2+DS3, ER should've been $180.

>has 90 unique bosses
>unique

lmao

Indeed, it has 130 total bosses, but if you only count the first instance of the ones that repeat, it's still 90.

Attached: bosses_stats_map_elden_ring_wiki_guide_1584px.jpg (1584x6305, 1.45M)

The difference is BOTW sucked. Elden Ring is what BOTW would look like if it were good. Hell, it even made BOTW2 devs shit their pants so hard they cancelled their shitty sequel for the third time.

Oh duh right I forgot Astel, Naturalborn of the Void is entirely unique from Astel, Stars of Darkness.

FROMfaggots should be put in camps.

Is this meant to be the list of unique bosses? There's literal repeats on it

Where are all these better games with better standards you faggots always cry about? You are one dumb nigger faggot

its in their interest to complain about shit like this

smaller game -> less time consuming -> less time spent "working"/more articles written

This is what I'm talking about though. If you don't like fromsoft latest dreck you do like games is only an opinion someone who hasn't played many games would hold.

Every time I replay Dark Souls I unironically do this. After I beat Biggie and Smalls I quit, because the entire rest of the game is fucking terrible.

Attached: smug happy cat.jpg (516x480, 14.48K)

FROMsoft games are just the best of their genre, that's why soo many other devs are copying them, even fucking EA are did a 1:1 Sekiro clone with Fallen Order.

Attached: Fallen Order.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

That just means their genre has a low bar, also using EA copying someone as a mark of quality is telling.

no retard you implied that enjoying any video game in the last 6 months gives you low standards not just fromsoft games. stop trying to act all superior because you don't like videogames anymore

>can't name a single good video game
just move on holy shit

Shitty empty open world.
You zoomers don't get it

name one game with a better open world

>120 dollar
Make that $10 since it's 95% re-used from other From games

Soulsfags are something else

It's in their interest to write inflammatory articles that generate engagement and drive traffic to the site. More traffic means more advertisement viewers, more viewers means a higher tolerance for lower conversion rates, which means more money for advertisers, which means the host site can justify charging more for ad space.
>10 reason user is a fag, number 1 will shock you!
Shit like that doesn't work as well anymore, so they just fall back on the old classic of obtuse headlines for popular topics. It's not journalism, it's just writing words to help generate revenue.

Steambot Chronicles

New Vegas
Morrowind
Zelda
Dark Souls
Retarded Zoomer

>no retard you implied that enjoying any video game in the last 6 months
That's not what I said at all tho.

How are you supposed to know you are leveling too much for end game before even reaching it?
I was only level 140-150 and first tried every single end game boss except malenia without even breaking a sweat, and im by no means good at these games. There should have been somekind of warning when you are about to level too high

>Elden rings PvE and pvp is as complicated or more complicated than fighting games.
Show me your rank in any fighting game. I want to see it because only a fucking retard who has never played a fighter beyond mashing would think a shallow piece if shit like Elden Ring has any complexity. You faggots barely have a high low game.

From drones are this fucking retarded holy shit

>Retarded Zoomer
Is this on consoles?

>Elden rings PvE and pvp is as complicated or more complicated than fighting games.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

>Dark Souls
i don't think you know what an open world is
>Zelda
breath of the wild had 1/4 the enemy types and was almost completely empty
>New Vegas
literally only good with mods
>Morrowind
nostalgia, it was fucking tiny

>muh rock-paper-scissor frames better than ur rock-paper-scissor frames
mad fightin' autist is mad

>Retarded Zoomer
yes you are

when you start steamrolling enemies and bosses that's probably a cue that you are overleveled

Monster Hunter
Nioh 2
Neo: Twewy
Megaman Zero

Quit pivoting. Show me your rank.

Skyrim

>It was tiny
The fact that you think size of an open world is more important than level design proves how retarded From drones are

Actually some of the enemies in the game game are unused content from their earlier games. And like okay so what. But the mind blowing thing is how in comments people are saying how SMART Fromsoftware are for doing this.... Like wtf. If it was someone like Ubisoft reusing unused content then people would go haha oh wow so lazy fucking stupid devs but but when it's From it's geniuses.....

shit wasn't even worth 30
if I wanted an ubisoft open world game, I would've just got ac origins for 10 bucks on uplay

>BoTW
No retard, Link to the past, OoT, Wind Waker, TP

That list counts anything with a boss health bar which is a very dumb metric. Cleanrot Knight or Cemetery Shade are not boss fights. At least you can't use them to compare the number of bosses between DS1+2+3.
Imagine the starting area of bloodborne and every villager just spawns a health bar on your screen. 400 unique bosses!!! Best game ever!

This is the most "I'm 25 so I definitely don't count as a zoomer" post this board has ever seen.
zoomzoom

>ALL THAT MATTERS IS SIZE, WHO CARES THAT MORROWIND IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER, IT'S SMALLER!

Good thing it's not an Ubisoft open world then, huh?

>rank
nigger, this is a video game board

Are you Chinese? You type like a Chigger

I stopped doing alot of side shit near the end and sometimes would look up shit if was curious on a piece of equipment/upgrade tools. You can too. Alot of side shit is a crappy boss reskin or 2x of a boss. A few are neat though. But its not necessary for levels or equipment to beat the game. Its very easy to beat ER in roughly 35-40 hours solo. I don't see why people cry about content that isn't really a grind. Since you don't have to do it.

It unironically is and you can tell that certain areas received a lot more attention than others, and most of those were frontloaded.
The last third of Elden Ring feels like a fucking a joke.
The game would be much better if they had scaled down the size and concentrated on making the remaining areas better. The catacombs/caves/mines in particular were pretty much universally terrible and only seem to exist to justify the game being open world, so there's some kind of "content" for the players to find and engage with.

Attached: 1577683863894.jpg (1280x718, 113.47K)

>enemy camps
>same copy pasted locations
>a lot of useless space
can't wait for you to leave the honeymoon phase

From drones are the biggest cancer on Yea Forums.

Attached: Another souls clone.webm (1280x720, 2.71M)

it's so fucking easy to make a tiny game with an amazing open world when you have complete control over every square inch and can finish the game in 10 hours. Not only is it small, it's not as good as elden ring by a very large margin

You mean pay 600% for a 10-dollar game.

>a book that has 250 page worth of filler is good cuz muh length always good
>naruto filler episodes good cuz muh more is always good

not him but why would you give a shit how user feels about a game you don’t like?

Not an argument From tranny.
Morrowind's open world is great, Elden Ring is another generic empty open world with nothing.

>copypaste content to inflate the game
>value
No

Games journalists are too alive

>You can finish the game in 10 hours
lol, From drones are this retarded holy shit.

lol what an embarrassing post
you're probably not even trolling
fromdrones really are a breed apart

Attached: 1528125581045.jpg (350x350, 35.42K)

honestly tired of the discussion that this game is literally perfect when there are obvious objective flaws with the game, don't care if you love the game but if you're ignoring them then it's bad for the industry

Most of the game feels like filler. Like the Chalice Dungeons but in your way

one(1) bokoblin counts for half of elden ring enemies in terms of AI, soul and interaction with the world around. Some enemies on elden ring has good art direction but it's a shame all they do is spam.
aaaaand
elden ring literally use the same animations of past souls games in a ton of enemies and still the enemy variety is a chore

Who paid for this thread?

From trannies are officially the worst fanbase on Yea Forums

Morrowind's open world is great. It's small and it's great. It's not as good as Elden Ring's by a pretty far margin

>Cool shit we found
Was it the catacombs with the imps?! I loved that one. Or the ruins with the staircase leading to a treasure chest! Golly gee!

>literally “stop liking what I don’t like” the post
kys
why are all the elden ring threads full of chunks?

JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD!
JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD! JOURNALIST OPINION THREAD!

>elden ring literally use the same animations of past souls games in a ton of enemies and still the enemy variety is a chore
when botw2 does this will you complain?

>It's not as good
This. You see, Morrowind isn't a boring empty open world, as a zoomer I need bigger and more empty open worlds!

How's your transition going From Zoomer?

And bitch? You've exposed yourself as a retard who thinks laggy slash and roll can hold a candle to carefully curated attacks that have different properties at 9 different spacing distances and are designed around a fundamental strength always has a weakness Souls games fundamentally lack.

Yes.
Fuck off From tranny

Considering most ER elite enemies have more atack moves with tricky delayed dodge timings than most DeS and DS1 bosses, it counts.
Fucking Hero of Zamor and Bloodhound Knight in Limgrave are on par with Artorias in terms of complexity.

Sure, you can cheese them by doing them late when you can just R1 spam them since you're just win the DPS trade but if you do them at the +3 weapon level they're scaled for they're proper bosses.

The only "enemies as bosses" that seem a bit forced are probably the 2v1 with the Abductor Virgins.

Sorry, too busy playing Nioh.

Attached: nioh2completeedition-750x400[1].jpg (750x400, 49.82K)

>Me and my brother would text each other about cool shit we found every day and we'd help each other out with tough bosses.
This is the gayest shit i've read on Yea Forums in the decade i've been here. You could have typed you like sucking big cocks inbetween elden ring sessions and it would still not be as fucking pathetic and gay as this.

>samefagging this hard
you’re going to hurt yourself acting like this user

based pure enjoyer

>one(1) bokoblin counts for half of elden ring enemies in terms of AI

lol

LOL

Attached: 1621002816467.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

sorry you don't have a brother

>it's so fucking easy to make a tiny game with an amazing open world when you have complete control over every square inch and can finish the game in 10 hours
You mean when you're not a terrible developer and understand you're working with limited time and resources and know how big you can make the world while still keeping it engaging for the player.
90% of Elden Ring's open world is barren and empty or filled with pointless skinner box shit. Just look at how much of the game people skip on subsequent playthroughs.

Even the most basic ass point if the game having so much fucking latency makes this such a retarded take, holy shit.

EVERY
SINGLE
SCROLLS/FALLOUT GAME
IS AWFUL TRASH
KYS

Seethe From tranny

>fromtranny
>fromdrone
fucking 16 year olds

Seething Souls zoomer

Trannies really went apeshit about this post huh

Based

Yes, From trannies and from drones are 16 years old

I hope you're sorry for being a tranny faggot

>Fighting games
>RPS

Neutral is rarely RPS and alot of pressure/spacing situations post getting hit are not real RPS if you're aware of what your opponents character can do. In most cases if you're put in a RPS or 50/50 situation its because you fucked up massively.

Also Souls pvp isn't really RPS its more so just really really passive/defensive without a good reason to be because of long startups of weapons/tons of iframes as well as lag. You don't do anything with the space you have alot of the time in Souls pvp. Its a big waiting game alot of the time if both players are competent and the pay off is often just some garbage flowchart setup or one shot. Its gotten even worse with bloodhound step and all the silly weapon arts. But its also gay when madness/bleed is involved since the lag for Froms games put fighting games to shame in that case. I sure love bleed build up on moves that i dodged but the bad netplay registers as having hit me for the bleed proc part of it.

New vegas' actual world is pretty fucking trash user

keep having fun and making these faggots seethe, user