So I just removed the warp core and died for good, ending this horrendous cycle of suffering for good...

So I just removed the warp core and died for good, ending this horrendous cycle of suffering for good, for me and everyone else in this cursed solar system. Now, I know that's probably not the real ending because it seems there's more to find out, but:

Why do people enjoy this game so much? The controls are awkward, you basically just scan messages in different places, most of which aren't even very interesting, getting around is eh, and the forced death is interesting from a story perspective, but ultimately annoying. A lot of stuff in the game world seems like you should be able to interact with it, but you can't. From the tools you have, it seems you only really need the translator. Yeah, unraveling a mystery is fun, but this seems quite basic and unengaging.

Attached: Outer%20Wilds_Titel.jpg (1920x1080, 406.23K)

You're a pussy

>The controls are awkward
Play it with a controller. I am a PC-fat and prefer to only use KB+M and I didn't regret using controller.
>From the tools you have, it seems you only really need the translator
You've probably missed some things, there are times in the game where you really have to use other shit to progress and there are parts in the game where it teaches you to use your other tools in unique ways which you will need later on.
In terms of most recent years, this game is my favourite.

Attached: 1643890241855.jpg (259x194, 9.09K)

That's not the real ending, dummy.

Well there different ways for a game to be fun.
This one is based in be driven by the player's curiosity.
It is just that there are people that consider that particularly engaging. For those people, this game is a masterpiece.
If you are not into it, could be from just OK to plain boring.

It's a game where you only gain knowledge and tools don't really matter much. You still have to master your ship/jetpack a little to get around. It's about exploring, finding clues and piecing out everything. You don't 100% need all your tools but most of them get handy at some point, sometimes multiple times. And it all wraps together when you understand everything and the themes.

An user compared the game to sciencefags reddit, but Outer Wild is actually a science game, in which you experiment over and over to understand what's happening and how you have to react to it.

I put 3 hours into this game and hated every minute. Exploration was unenjoyable and all of my discovers were lame bullshit like audiologs containing "Reibeck was here lmao" or "We built a building on that planet. Better go check it out, faggot."
inb4 adhd or whatever, I literally dropped it last night to read a book instead. Outer Wilds was like reading a book except you have to play a shitty game for 10 minutes after every sentence.

I love space and cosmic exploration. Even the games super dumbed down physics system is still really cool. It's also one of the scariest non-horror games I've played, right up there with Subnautica for me, at least at first.

user got filtered

Did you stumble upon any of the mysterious workings of the system and figure out how they work or what they do? Did that not entertain you? Personally I found testing and prodding at the various planets and learning their gimmick and then making use of it to be incredibly satisfying. From learning to make use of the quantum items to figuring out when to make use of rising sands to the black/white hole phenomena etc there's a lot of mechanics that are I found very fun to figure out. Learning what the Nomai left behind and what happened to them is all part of that discovery too. I could see the lack of that if you quit during the setups without any payoff, but surely you'd have had some in 3 hours.

>super dumbed down physics system
It's one of the best in vidya though. There are no "artificial" scripts, everything follows the physics system.

I like it because its a mix Myst and Majora's Mask, but in space. The puzzles were fun if you didnt cheat.

FUCKING. FILTERED.
You should go play Outer Worlds, it's more your speed OP. Leave the real games to the real men.

Oh yeah it's really fun, it's just funny coming from something like KSP. Or the idea that you can go anywhere near a black hole and be just fine. It's much cozier than real life space would be.

OP here, idk, maybe I'm just too dead inside to appreciate what the game gives you. It get a vibe of childish curiosity (in a positive sense) from you guys, something which I just can't tap into anymore for the most part. Like, when it warped me into the Ember Twin, I wasn't really excited, and I feel like that should have been a key moment? Same with the black hole or really anything that I discovered.

The only puzzle I cheated was entering the Ash Twin Project. I think I'm just retarded though.

I mean it's a pretty important part but if you don't understand what's going on, like what's the Ash Twin Project or what the Nomais did, what's happening at the end of each loop and so on, then it probably wouldn't have much impact on you. Well now you know how to end the loops but it's not gonna get you very far to understand all this or to find the Eye

>Reibeck was here lmao
KINO

The controls in this game need a rework. I kept overshooting the moons and other objects after I hopped out of my ship so I would fly past and out into space where I'd eventually die. Someone told me to get this because I like Subnautica but the controls are not as good.

Attached: 1603456067297.png (846x592, 42.28K)

Yeah, I fucked around with the typhoons and the planet crumbling into a black hole.
I just got frustrated with the amount of travel time using movement mechanics that would either be boring or frustrating depending on the circumstances. This could be a skill thing, but sometimes I just want to rotate the fucking ship.
I also ran into a number of things that it was either too early to interpret or just had no use whatsoever. I traveled 100km from the sun to track down a piece of debris and once I got to it, there was nothing to do and no information to be gleaned. It wouldn't be a problem if traveling between things didn't eat up so much time. I was going into it expecting Myst in terms of speed.
This isn't my kind of game and I'm surprised that the praise for it seems universal. That's true for a lot of games I don't like, but not usually the more niche ones.

user it's not hard. You just have to fly at the planet with your ship, just not too fast once you get close to it. The speed mechanics are on the slightly more realistic side so you have to take your time to get back to 100 m/s before you're too close, but that's the only hard part.

Not understanding basic Newtonian mechanics has to be the ultimate brainlet filter.

git gud
Literally never played a game with better controls in my life.

Are you using the auto pilot? Just line it up so you are heading straight towards it (no white arrows) and then slow down as you approach it. And try to take care to park your ship carefully, don't just hop out while you're still moving.

It's probably the best explained time loop/time travel story out there, but ultimately it's pretty boring game play wise and the story itself is nothing to write home about. Redditors will cum their pants at anything space related which I assume is where all the hype comes from

I was absolutely enthralled by this game. Ok. I'm mad that I looked up getting onto the quantum moon and the inside of the comet

Attached: 1649713522130.jpg (1024x1024, 64.59K)

>muh controls are bad!
Or you could just get good at piloting your ship, controls were never the problem and learning and getting better at the ship was fun

I'm so glad I listened to Yea Forums on this game, but I'm also sad, because I can't enjoy any other games ever again. Outer Wilds is a masterpiece beyond all comprehension. Literally the greatest game of all time. 100 years from now, people will still be playing this game while everything else will be forgotten.

>Are you using the auto pilot?
Yes. As I approach the moon I deactivate auto pilot so I can land and it always overshoots and I get stuck in space.

Attached: 1598232390667.jpg (720x720, 63.63K)

I'm shocked that people dislike the controls in this game. They actually ended up being the best part of it for me, and the primary shame of Outer Wilds being impossible to replay is that there aren't new environments and planets for me to do wacky low-G manouveres in with my jetpack/ship (the DLC unfortunately let me down in this regard)

It just has semi realistic space controls.
Genuinly the way they do gravity and space controls made me buy yhe game in the first place

>This could be a skill thing, but sometimes I just want to rotate the fucking ship.
Just hold the left button, it rotates, I don't know if it's because i finished the game but I find it easy. Don't use autopilot.

>I also ran into a number of things that it was either too early to interpret or just had no use whatsoever
Yes, some pieces take time to connect.
Thankfully you have your ship log. That's how you piece everything together. Maybe the game is for you, maybe it's not, but it deserves some effort to get into. Nothing else scratches that itch.

Okay, that gives me hope. I'll continue playing because ultimately, I'm not having a horrible time, I'm just underwhelmed so far, considering the praise this game has received, even on Yea Forums.

You need to adjust to the planet's velocity first (lock onto planet and hold A on Xbox controller), then you can easily land on it with the landing view. Just be careful not to slam into the planet, as another user said, you need to watch your own velocity when descending. Usually you'll just break the landing gear or some headlights, but you can also kys.

Make a webm or something I can't fathom messing that up. Just literally go towards the moon, you can even hit it kind of hard, just have to do some repairs. Unless... you're talking about the cloudy moon

Absolutely kino game. Everybody who got filtered is a fucking r*dditor

Wait I think I know what user is doing. user, once you've deactivated autopilot, do you just get out of the ship in the middle of space or what? You're not supposed to do that, you need to land on the planet.

Momentum motherfucker. Think about the velocity vectors at play here.

>Everybody who got filtered is a fucking r*dditor
The hell are you talking about? The game's decent, but it's one of the most reddit pandering games in existence.

Idk what to tell you. The game about space exploration and mystery solving, and it sounds like you'd rather just skip the space exploration part. If the game were converted into a series of warps between planets or just rooms with the puzzle mechanics a lot is lost there. The feeling of being in a strange but consistent universe is drastically lowered by lowering your interactions with it. There's some monotony in flying hallway across the system multiple times but the game is built so that you can get pretty much anywhere in 2-5 minutes and still have time to sink your teeth into a mystery, and gives you enough breadcrumbs to let you go explore something else if you get tired of whatever you're dealing with or hit a wall. I don't know if there's anything about the structure of the game that I think would be worth changing without losing out on some key aspect like the sense of scale that flying between planets imparts on you. The ending really turns that up by several levels btw, just pulling the core out isn't the end, the end comes after the you put it where it goes, and that in itself is an experience that has a wonderful sense of tension with a nice reveal for those digging into the mysteries of the game and a really nice ending sequence that I can't really describe due to spoilers and generally being somewhat hard to place. Melancholic, perhaps.

>Don't use autopilot.
This was only really a problem when I was trying to get onto asteroids/satellites in zero g. It wasn't frequent, my point was that traversal was almost always pointlessly simply and unengaging, and when it wasn't, it was frustrating instead.

>Wait I think I know what user is doing. user, once you've deactivated autopilot, do you just get out of the ship in the middle of space or what?
Yes. This is what I'm doing. As I get close to the planet I deactivate auto pilot and then hop out of my ship so my momentum will carry my body to the surface of the planet but it doesn't work very well.

Attached: 1520371472642.jpg (720x762, 34.4K)

I hope you're trolling user, but if you aren't, please just land the ship on the planet and then get out.

>one of the most reddit pandering games in existence
You would know, now go back.

user, you're not supposed to slingshot yourself into celestial bodies. Let autopilot finish, then you'll be safely in orbit, then you can land with your SPACESHIP

The game's not for me. I'm just surprised that I'm in such a super minority. I almost never play space exploration games and I think this has cemented that I will never enjoy them.
You're making me look like a retard by association.

Being able to maneuver your way through isn't pointless in the grand scheme of things. Some of the travel time might be easy stuff you've already done, but it's important in order to clear your mind after a loop and sort out things, and also in order for you to notice how the planets are and how they move at the beginning of each loop, and how they change during this.

user.... let the autopilot deactivate on it's own and then land your ship on the planet. That ship is your lifeline, it has oxygen and healing and jetpack fuel. It has landing gear for a reason. Do you think that Nasa had astronauts just jump out of space and float towards the moon?

>please just land the ship on the planet and then get out.
Won't that crash the ship? I'm leaving it in space so it doesn't break.

it is a white man's game

so thats probably why OP didnt like it

This. It's the thinking man's game. The cultured man's game. The strong man's game. R*dditors need not apply.

KEK

Well done, got a good fucking laugh out of me.

Attached: 1370257558482.jpg (902x768, 566.23K)

If you didn't know, autopilot isn't built to hurtle you into the center of your targeted mass, it's built to get you to arrive as at a safe orbital distance. You can slow down before landing so it doesn't break. And even if it does fixing it is free if you just go out and repair it.

Oh my god lmfao. Imagine being so fucking retarded you think the game over scene is the fucking ending. Yeah, it's definitely the game's fault dude.

Kill yourself

Attached: 1638995163189.jpg (262x337, 13.99K)

Let's not wank it too much either.

>didn't read OP's post correctly

If you don't think Outer Wilds is the greatest thing since the creation of the universe, you're lying to yourself. It's the 21st century Illiad, it will still be played thousands of years from now.

>Why do people enjoy this game so much
It's one of the best exploration games, bar none
>but this seems quite basic and unengaging.
I don't know, what were you expecting?

Did you get into the Ash Twin after visiting every other planet and solving every other mystery or did you just manage to get in early or accidentally or something? Or did you look it up?

I think it's great and easily in my 3x3, but superlatives backfire on the long run.

How did you even come to that conclusion to begin with? Why would you not assume that there's a way to land your ship?

when i start wanking, i climax 22 minutes later

Had some cool visual stuff. I didn't finish it cos I got bored and didn't really care about the story. Nothing wrong with the game I just don't think I'm into this style of puzzle game.

This game is like the anti-FFXV. You can't say anything bad about it on Yea Forums without bump limit replies of "filtered".

I've never understood the point of these posts. Obviously nobody believes such flagrant exaggeration, and they're so obviously falseflags that nobody's going to seriously start to hate something because of their contrarianism because it's so obviously fake. What's the point of people pretending to love things beyond the scope of what is even close to reasonable? I see it with HxH mostly, but also basically everything that's popular but obviously flawed. What do people get from posting something so obviously fake?

It looked really good

Attached: 1642026897277.jpg (1920x1080, 345.96K)

Literally filtered by not automatically filtering useless shitposts that don't deserve your attention.

>If you didn't know, autopilot isn't built to hurtle you into the center of your targeted mass, it's built to get you to arrive as at a safe orbital distance.
Oh no. This explains a lot. I'm going to rebuy the game now since I had already refunded the game out of shame.

Attached: 1591830417857.jpg (886x679, 152.34K)

I was exploring the Ash Twin extensively and when I'd done a full round of the equator and both poles, I think I stepped onto a teleporter platform as the hose was going over it and ended up in the ore-reinforced sphere. So yeah, by accident, but I knew they'd built a station to house something important on the Twins and used ore from my home planet to seal it off from the outside, and that they needed warp cores for it.

I know there is a lot more for me to find out, I've not been to all the celestial bodies even and haven't fully figured out Brittle Hollow, which I've spent the most time on so far.

I encourage you to go in with more of an open mind to experiment or you're going to just refund it again.