What are some complex games with deep mechanics?

What are some complex games with deep mechanics?

Attached: 1647425945164.jpg (2352x1493, 2.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZSf3q5ajgfQ?t=565
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

World was so fucking fun bros....

I REALLY wanted to get into MonHun World with a couple of friends but they are console fags and there's no crossplay fml. How is it completely solo? The hunting horn looks kino as fuck
Anyway I really liked Nioh 2 and it seems well liked on this board, but I don't know how complex it is compared to other action games

Fighting games, and that's it. Venom has more ball setups than all games mentioned combined have moves.

Attached: 1595216260016.jpg (1024x1024, 206.52K)

>Worldbabbies

Attached: 1626410293281.png (512x512, 299.78K)

God Hand.

Attached: 1451968491838.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

most of the monsters in world was either boring or mediocre. and iceborne added a mix of more fun mons but also even less fun ones like sleep paolumu. but what iceborne did the worst ofc was addinc CC and Tend. World/IB was ok at best as a MH game.

Attached: 1644908798759.jpg (553x413, 95.53K)

magic the gathering
UT 2004

>Nioh 2
>well liked on this board
Don't say that, the Fromdrones will come around to shitpost about how shit Nioh is.

I don't even understand the supposed symbol under Rise
Is it the wirebug?
I've yet to play Rise because it's not cracked yet
I liked World a lot though

factorio
literally any zachtronics game

Attached: Opus Magnum - Voltaic Coil (215G, 96, 79, 2022-02-03-09-43-09).gif (826x647, 1.95M)

ss13

Attached: Death.png (2112x2112, 64.8K)

Do worldtrannies unironically believe the game is complex? It's the most streamlined monhun to date lmao

it's cope from players who started with world. i really don't mind new players, but there seems to be a lot that are overly defensive about their first game. i really don't know how much room i have to talk since i started with 3U, but i still prefer the older games as world was too streamlined and hand-holdy to me

Attached: MH3U-Hunting_Horn_Equipment_Render_001.png (966x725, 422.23K)

But you can't use monsters in mh world to fight other monsters like a mini kaiju fight

What?
I thought World was what introduced Turf Wars

>World
>complex games with deep mechanics
EL EM AHOOO

Attached: mhwiceborne-clutchclawtipsblogroll-1567608611698.jpg (1280x720, 220.87K)

xhe might be talking about the forced QTE where you mount the monster and press two buttons

>It's the most streamlined monhun to date lmao
t.someone crying that it's too easy only to cry that it's bullshit and "not fun" with the postgame content.

Which btw was one of THE most hilarious times ever on this board when the supposed "oldfags" got btfo left and right.

As an old time fan i can easily say that world is better than rise, and i'm really worried about the future of the series. Hopefully MH6 will be a beast.

>the supposed "oldfags"
Never something I bought.
For over a decade /mhg/ and MH threads fantasized about an open world MH that is more realistic and not as arcade.
Then the moment this game is made all of a sudden people change their opinions saying it's killing MHs "style"?
Yeah right. Totally not tri and 4U babbies stirring shit. Just look how you already have the typical bait comments itt.

I've played MH since PS2 days and MHW is literally the highpoint of the franchise after 2ndG. All of the others are just the same rehashed shit over and over again, trying to be 2ndG but never reaching its grandeur.
Couldn't even make it halfway through Rise before losing interest due to this reason. And I'm not the only seeing how World has more players than Rise.(inb4 G-cope).

2ndG and World are the only MH games worth playing. Period.

Attached: 1649647507395~2.jpg (381x175, 14.67K)

Attached: toshimitsu SEETHING.png (521x588, 777.94K)

>someone crying that it's too easy only to cry that it's bullshit and "not fun" with the postgame content.
lmao lunastra right? I remember how the tone suddenly changed to
>nooo its not difficult it'd just poorly designed reeeee
I literally have someone in my friendlist who got filtered by her and still cries about it being too easy lmao

Do I even need to post this?

Attached: BALANCHADS CAN'T STOP WINNING.gif (1300x628, 1.37M)

>2ndG and World are the only MH games worth playing. Period.
Based. They complicated each other pretty well.

Still gotta get Rise but the demo left me unimpressed and bored. Literally the same game I played a million times already. But that's the curse of World.
There was a time when all I wanted from Capcom was to make more monhun forever. But after World it just seems outdated and samey.
I'll definitely get Rise though once the add-on is out.

Isn't that like one of the worst games to release in a decade?

There is no game more boring than MH

I like all Monster Hunters and will continue to play them.

I think fatalis alone saves the iceborne, damn that was fun.

Other than the elemental DPS check being very divisive, I also think that Alatreon is a fantastic fight.

>same rehashed shit over and over again
>implying World wasnt as well
You sure played all those games

>TFW never beat Alatreon and Fatalis
That elemental check killed all motivation I had in Iceborne.

I hate Monster Hunter. I really do.

how's that weapon skin variety? the hand-holding scout flies? embarassingly small set of monsters (i can almost forgive this because of the new engine)? boring new monsters in general? busted clutch claw? iceborne atleast fixed a bit since the base game was mind numbing but it still was far from a highpoint of the series. i will agree that rise is pretty boring though

>one monster as an example of difficulty
lmfao unironically kys

>new engine
Lmao

honestly just gid gud. took me 3 days until I can beat it solo, or ask to be carried away like a baby.

after looking it up, looks like i was wrong about that. i assumed it was new because they were actually using decent models for the first time. while i was aware they were using an existing engine, all other monster hunter games besides generations were using the mobile version of the engine. i was off by 1 game

generations ultimate i mean

skill issue, you can kill it before she does the thing

Luna become piss easy the moment you understand you can stun her during the nova with the shitslinger but dealing with patches of heat damage aoes who can randomly explode is nowhere near fun.
Even Shaggy mines were a such cancer.

Personally I don't mind the DPS check, I think it was good to force critshitters to do literally anything else. All I was saying is that people either don't mind the DPS check or hate it with a passion.

fatalis was ok, but he was a culmination of everything i hate about World/IB. almost forced to use mantles. pretty much forced to use CC and Tend since if you dont break his horns shit it is gonna be unplayable and ofc very recomended to use camp a lot to refuel on max/ancient potions.

he had many cheap moves that didnt really make the fight any fun either , like having the AI suddenly feel like backing off really far and doing the fuck huge cone attack out of nowhere.
the spectacle was great tho
.Besides the elemental mmo cringe dps check i agree, i even think Alatreon was the best fight besides brachy/brachy angry in IB.

it went so against wat monhun is, which is that you yourself make what you want and roll with it. here its either use HBG and cheese the fuck out of it or forced to build ele and meet a dps check. building ele by itself isnt bad and i wouldnt mind if he had more moves that could be locked out if you used the correct ele wep, just nothing lul you ded tier like escaton.

Attached: 1644788635074.png (500x637, 328.67K)

adding mmo tier mechanics was a big mistake in MH. sure one could argue you had the timelimit before but comparing that to what alatreon is or even kulve in MR is ridiculous.

I hope they never add this kind of shit again its just boring.
T. made every weapon and armor for Alatreon.

>almost forced to use mantles. pretty much forced to use CC and Tend since if you dont break his horns shit it is gonna be unplayable and ofc very recomended to use camp a lot to refuel on max/ancient potions.
OHNONONO

Attached: 1572139289935.png (2975x3025, 1.72M)

>forced to use mantle
>cheap move
what hell are you even smoking, none of his attack is cheap and his the final boss of world.

complaining about tenderizing is fair opinion though,

>breaking parts of a monster
>hiding behind a rock
>elemental topple
>mmo mechanics
lol

>game literally hand you monsters mats without ever needing to break the parts during the fight
>this is supposed to be the peak of the series on par with FU
You retards dont even realise how trivialized the series has become yet you praise it as the shit ever

Attached: 1629155775252.jpg (600x690, 63.75K)

I just fucking love hunting the same monsters over and over, getting 5 materials each time, and playing the gacha to get a gem/mantle. I just wish the drop rates were worse so I can play the gacha more instead of just hunting whatever I want for fun.

>world babies thinking their game is complex
put on baby yellow blanket and swing to win while you infinitely regenerate
SO HECKIN ENGAGING BROS!!!!

are you retarded

?
the one where he backs off and use the arena length flame breath that has a cone that gets wider the further you are. depending on his wims he will backpedal instantly as far away as possible and shoot it, if you cant get out within 2 seconds you just die even with good gear.

Yeah, Balan's gameplay is literally Hold O.

Something they copied from FFXV

Attached: Balan Wonderworld.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

> does not elaborate the reason for my retardation

ok tranny

if you are too far, he will shoot fireball instead, what are you talking about? in the first place why are you so far away from him? he telegraphs that attack very clearly, giving you enough time to run toward him.

yes the elemental topple is a dps check and unless you are in a party of 4 that can somehow coordinate healing togheter it will kill you.

Kulve also being if you dont do enough damage
withing X amount of time she just fucks of disregarding the actual in hunt timer.

so yes, mmo mechanics.

>overly defensive faggy MHW post
Damn he called it perfectly.

>frostcraft build
gigabased

>temporal mantle babies actually believe this

No one forces you to use it troon. It's there for brain-dead americans just like summons in Souls.

since you seem to be rather senile user, he can chain the backpedaling into this.
youtu.be/ZSf3q5ajgfQ?t=565

so even if you stay with him, he can suddenly zoom away and choose to do this instead.

>for fun
This is a lie and you know it.
You're still grinding but for charm/relics/deco now.

Attached: 1649136641494.jpg (800x799, 207.2K)

to add, very easy to avoid ofc if he chooses to use it for some reason when you are really close, but nigh impossible if his whims take him far far away within seconds and do it.

are you blind or something, his cone flame is very predictable. and you literally just need to run diagonally toward him to evade the flame.

I am shit at the game and even I can evade that attack, in fact I welcome it because it's free head unga bunga. maybe you play ranged? then just avoid in front of him.

No retard, I have 80+ successful kills on Alatreon and almost all Alatreon weapons and armor suck.

are you illiterate?
i wrote he can chain the backpedaling, god forbid if he does it after you try to tend and he knocks you off. its impossible to catch up if he chooses to get far enough back before using it.

You can solo all of these. Elemental topple scales with the size of the party, just like any other threshold making it easily soloable as well, you can easily outheal it with ancient potions or a booster after you topple it. Kulve gives you plenty of time to stop the retreat. The issue seems to be you.

I killed like 50 Alatreon, 50 Fatalis and 300 Assrape Chimps after I finished my build in a fight or two

Attached: 1745px-Martin_Bormann_signature.svg.png (1745x774, 46.92K)

ofc i can solo this retard, i farmed him enough times to make all his weapons and armor. it still doesnt change that its a shitty dps check that has no bearing to be in MH.

Besides the 50 fucking min timer or on occasion 35 min timer quests, when has MH had dps checks pre world retard?

Where's the World brainlet pic with health augments and mantles?

the solution is literally in your video, just run to the side. I farmed him dozen of times and I've never seen him doing backpedaling+cone flame so far it's impossible to dodge, you have
>boulders that can shield you from the flame
>running and dodge roll
>superman dive
as your options.

World brought in the faggots. Fuck World and fuck Rise, play MH DOS

>worldsperms getting uppity again

you really are an actual illiterate inbred holy shit.
anything preworld is based desu, i need to get into DOS.

>having 50 minutes to kill a monster isn't a DPS check
>farmed alatreon
Your SOS'd kills don't count, sorry.

>The most autistic game on the planet
>Made by autists, for autists
>Somehow runs like shit on linux

Why???? Unitystation cant be complete fast enough so that everyone can abandon the abomination that is byond.

i only play solo, dont even use palico. makes things easier/predictable when trying to dodge

your example of backpedaling + cone flame is this right?

if your reaction time is not enough to dodge it, how the hell did you get pass alatreon?