Genshin racked up $76million est revenue in US alone.. Last month

>genshin racked up $76million est revenue in US alone.. Last month
>est 50-160mil in Asia. LAST MONTH.
>literally more than BOTW ever could in a year since its peak release
Is vidya dying
Why do these western faggot devs even push for AAA games for 5-10years of development when they can just do fewer and gain more?

Attached: 1649770082062.png (1984x1412, 1009.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/AC_Scratches
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Turns out taking advantage of a lot of poor people still makes you rich

I'd like to see a western dev try only to realize nobody is going to spend thousands rolling for a gacha of screaming black woman #522

I wish american devs knew that attractive characters make a game sell

West have SJW, so they cant.
Not to mention western gaymers, especially mutts, love ugly and black women.

you cant really compare genshin to any other game. it is the WOW of today. remember WOW? remember its launch? sure there were MMORPGs before WOW but none of them came close to the popularity and cultural effect as WOW had. Genshin is the next thing. the subscription based MMORPG model is dying/dead but online gaming is still the future and "games as a service" is the new model. free to play online solo or multi-player games with freemium stores and a steady stream of new content to keep players playing. while genshin is definitely a gacha game, it is also more than that, its a gacha game with an actual game inside. its not just a idler JPG card collector like most gachas. its got a full 3d world that keeps enlarging. people will argue over whether or not its 'better' than botw's world and that's a subjective argument, but they cant argue that its larger. genshin impact has a much larger world than botw and its still continuing to grow and in fact puts out new content faster than subscription based MMORPGs like WOW and FF14.

traditional studios will and already have tried to step into the gacha market(here in the west it seems to just be referred to as lootbox gambling and its just as widespread and in some cases so much worse that it makes genshin impact's gacha system seem fair. look at what amazon is doing with lost ark. look at literally every AAA battle royale/arena shooter.

like it or not genshin isnt going anywhere anytime soon. its the 'big game' of the 2020s the way WOW dominated gaming culture from 2004-2010+. expect many horrible genshin imitations(already starting) and expect even worst western AAA dev copy-cat attempts. just like how AAA studios all started shitting out ubi-shit open world games after botw but this will be 10,000x worse.

the only thing that will kill genshin impact is mihoyo if they fall apart/go full retard like Blizzard did. genshin wont be defeated from outside but from within. until then....

Attached: 1643750364780.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>go full retard
mihoyo is full of talented people that they've become a literally who studio to a world class one in just 10 years.
I remember playing their first game. It was a kiana jetpack game with a pantyshot after that is gun girls z then honkai impact then after that is genshin.
Basically mihoyo is what you get with competent people + anime. They know their audience. Hell they always hire tsundere queen because of how nostalgic and unique her voice is.
Everyone who has played honkai impact played it for taiga, louise, shana, nagi, and aria.
I played honkai impact just for that alone. They are good at marketing.
Jap gachas will never fucking compare because of how they gatekeep people and dont prioritize international. Well who can fucking blame them. They're controlled by stupid stubborn old men who dont want to take risks.

>Why do these western faggot devs even push for AAA games for 5-10years of development when they can just do fewer and gain more?
The west can't into attractive women, so there's that.

I dunno, once you're done exploring and get into the weekly grind, Genshin loses its appeal insanely fucking fast. I haven't played in about ten months, though I'm considering picking it up again since there's several near areas

You know what i wonder a lot in my free time? How much more money these companies would make if they lowered the price of their premium currency. I have enough income to waste what i want on the two gachas i play but if instead of paying say $100 for the best deal on the currency they made it $20. I would more readily spend that money 5 times over and even pay for it regularly rather then hesitate on the higher priced ones

Games with mobile have always done great for money, much better than non-mobile or those with no mobile. Didn't FEH already make more money than the rest of the FE series combined in just a year or something?

I don't care, I'm still not playing gacha games.

Attached: Gigachad.jpg (1673x2160, 328.11K)

>Didn't FEH already make more money than the rest of the FE series combined in just a year or something?
Of course. Once the barrier of entry basically disappear all kinds of retards enter your community.

>its not just a idler JPG card collector like most gachas.
Always found it bizzare how these games became so popular when in the beginning, they barely even had any gameplay.

sex with Ningguang (blue)

Last month was Thunder Tit's banner

Attached: 1646901405945.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

The fact that there's barely any gameplay is a selling point, Japanese salary men press the button to roll for waifus during their soul crushing commutes and that's about it. Genshin takes some time and effort to play which is more than they're willing to put in during a train ride

Western/Japanese AAA devs are using gacha for monetization, except they're adding it to full priced games and still won't give you good looking characters
Remember Gran Turismo?

Genshin is MILES better than BOTW. I dunno why people spend so much money on it but I'm glad they do because the game deserves it. Chasm is amazing.

Attached: 20220407042411.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

Clobbering reminder

Attached: 1649776476469.jpg (572x564, 81.76K)

>work soul crushing jobs to make more money
>spend all their money on gacha shit to cope with their soul crushing jobs
lol

>started playing on launch because of the hype and accusations of being a chink botw clone
>intention was to play it for a little bit so I could shit on more accurately
>kept on playing it, and playing, and playing it
>damn near daily since it slots into my schedule so perfectly
>started buying Welkins since Eula's first banner
The game blew me the fuck out and I have zero regrets. Don't feel the need to spend more than the cost of a McBurger a month on it either

Attached: 1640624818548.jpg (1920x3780, 2.59M)

Wow, it's like a mobile game brings in the revenue like crazy

>>intention was to play it for a little bit so I could shit on more accurately
you know damn well you can still do that now, this ain't /gig/.

Attached: 89EB0051-F5D2-4C9C-9186-EC1059B1CA72.jpg (320x91, 8.07K)

I'll still call out it's flaws, but my original goal was to shitpost about how it's a chink botw clone

Attached: 1648440841638.webm (1138x464, 2.95M)

>intention was to play it for a little bit so I could shit on more accurately
I always get a kick out of this. Even professional reviewers or critics were like this.
It's a shame how stubborn some of them are though, I would have liked Yahtzee to try it. And the reviews are laghuably dishonest. apparently won't get updated, and barely any outets covered the game. Not to mention the user score.

Attached: 20220401182643.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

No one is competing with Mihoyo. They even opened a studio in Montreal for an open world anime shooter.
It's unironically over for other devs if it's actually good.

>if it's actually good.
doubt it, Genshin is only good cause they ripped off botw, chinks cant make a shooter

>I would have liked Yahtzee to try it
He mentioned in another review that he was going to review Genshin, but then he never did

It did borrow some elements from BOTW but it's much more than that and to say it mogs Japan as an anime game is putting it very lightly.

>Zelda invented climbing and gliding
Combat system is nothing like BotW, it's closer to XBC2
I will say that the initial marketing with Mondstadt did rip off BotW, but they've since moved away from that and formed their own identity. Character trailers are straight up getting million of views within hours of being uploaded, and Genshin is always trending on Twitter for one reason or another

Attached: 1621754643322.png (1377x542, 405.92K)

its called bots retard

>You know what i wonder a lot in my free time? How much more money these companies would make if they lowered the price of their premium currency. I have enough income to waste what i want on the two gachas i play but if instead of paying say $100 for the best deal on the currency they made it $20. I would more readily spend that money 5 times over and even pay for it regularly rather then hesitate on the higher priced ones
they literally have black magic "economic scientists" paid to maximize their gacha milking mechanisms as much as possible. if $20 for the 'best bundle' on currency is your cap then you are obviously not their target demographic; they want the guys who WILL buy the $100 pack over and over again. we can debate what it SHOULD be but we cannot debate that what they did actually do IS working because the game is making them insane amounts of money. i am sure there is at least a whole office of people whose job it is to calculate the best way to price things to trick/entice consumers, from normies to whales. no one can argue that genshin impact has literally taken the cake when it comes to designing the perfect paypig milking system - the revenue they've made proves their gacha system is the "best"(in terms of profitability) out there.

>No one is competing with Mihoyo.
>Blue Protocol Canceled
>tower of fantasy use stolen item assets from other game including genshin and then canceled.
>PSO2NG literally killing itself.
>Lost Ark is a G button grind simulator that losing 80% of its player based in just a month.
>Girls Frontline announced a game that looks like a UE4/Code Vein assets flip.
GI might be not the best game in the market right now, that because the market filled with fucking lazy and untalented studio.

Attached: 1234423341792.jpg (126x126, 3.44K)

Now this is just cope

Attached: 1635165238187.jpg (3000x4000, 1.39M)

Paranoid autist. People make lviings off Genshin OC and nerd videos.

>PSO2NG literally killing itself
I thought this would have been the game to finally tear me away from Genshin, but then it comitted sudoku. At least I'll have all the memories from playing PS2 the last decade

There could also just be one smart chinaman. And then they put out cute anime girl and people buy.

>Blue Protocol
is it?

As a person who start PSO2 in SEA server the game literally looks like a fucking abandoned game instead of Early access.
When I started playing and reach the first town, I roamed and found a lots of area with low level monster and side quest that looks like you can do to grind your character before you reach the town.
For some reason you only need to spend 30 minutes to reach the town and while ignoring those side quest.
You can reach the end game during open beta in just less than two hours.

People keep saying that is the same with PSO2 during early year, but what kind of retard releasing a game where almost 80% of starting area are unusable.
At least removed them so it won't make you looks lazy.

Funny thing is there's literally no paywall to experience any of the real content in the game. Nothing stopping you and asking you to swipe to experience Enkanomiya or The Chasm with horrendously underleved and ill equipped characters
Somehow they managed to convince a handful of people to swipe so they can clear 1 floor of the endgame dungeon a couple seconds faster

pretty much same for me but i started earlier, with ganyu's first banner i think. i purchase welkin+battle pass every time because i play the game more often than i did some paid sub mmorpgs so feel thats fair for a game that had no up front costs and is giving me a faster steady stream of content than any mainstream MMO is doing....

people who shit on genshin just have not played and just shit on it by default because its a gacha game OR they either have no interest in open world exploration and/or the anime setting because for what it is: an open world anime action rpg - which it absolutely excels at. its entirely possible to play genshin impact as f2p or just with a battle pass and/or welkins and enjoy the game and still save up and get your waifus.

is gacha mechanic cancer? sure. but its also obviously going to be a big part of the current/future trend of "games as a service" that we are seeing and i really dont see it just going away/stopping... ever. making recurring payments vs one lump sum upfront payment for a video game can seem like bullshit if the game is static and never updated, but for the new/current trend of constantly updated and added to games... the "premium subscription + spend(gamble) as much as you want" model is logical to keep supporting additional content for the games. sure the industry will still also make static, single games with a 'start' and 'end', but that is an increasingly shrinking minority of big/popular games. everything is online now and people expect new content and updates in their online games.

it is what it is. being mad over it and/or choosing not to play certain games because you want to frame all this through some lens of morality is just limiting your options for games to try/enjoy.

>They're controlled by stupid stubborn old men who dont want to take risks
Fate is the perfect example of that. SONY and Typemoon earned billions from FGO and yet they did nothing with that money but fund subpar anime adaptations meanwhile Mihoyo took a gamble and spend hundreds of millions for a new IP.

I mean, it's on the verge of being abandoned at this rate

Attached: 1635538342892.png (950x502, 242.31K)

are they not worried about their flagship mmo dying?

Japs are petty and incompetent, they only stumble their way into success and let it go to their heads

Why would anyone play this shit instead of normal vidya again? Normies seem fucking into it for some reason.

It's fun and free

Attached: 1646740951353.webm (248x246, 1.51M)

PSO2 was thrive for years in Japan with that same number just by selling Gacha Cosmetic.
They don't care about good MMO content as long they can buy cosmetic for their waifu.

there isnt a better anime game on the market until Relink comes out later this year

PSO2NG doesn't even have that, and they gutted PSO2 in the process

It's on MOBILE, which means literally billions of people can just download it and start playing. There's no barrier to entry and it's actually a real game, obviously it's successful.

I was going for "fuck gacha". Your thing appears single player though.

What the fuck is this then?
pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/AC_Scratches

Attached: file.png (1290x979, 610.27K)

That's what people said about Blue Protocol, and Tower and Fantasy, and Blue Archive, and a bunch of other games that I've already forgotten
It took Mihoyo $100 million and 5 years just to develop and launch Genshin, and it costs them another $200 million a year to continue development and keep the game running. It'll be a long time before anything can legitimately rival it, and by that time all the major nations in Teyvat will all have been released

It's strange how pretty much no dev managed to merge gacha with an actual video game until recently, and now there are like 5 games in various stages of development that are exactly that.

Attached: 1640042007092.webm (1240x700, 3M)

I don't remember those on launch, oh well I'll take the L. Still not enough to keep people interested in the game

GI pretty much a single player game too outside of events.
It more accurate to compare RElink with Tales game instead of an online games.
You don't see people comparing GI with Tales of Arise.

>Blue Archive,
This shit is more comparable to fate and Priconne instead of GI.

iirc the only events that forced co-op were Elemental Crucible, and Windtrace

Searched it and yeah you're right, I was thinking of Punishing Grey Raven. But then again some shitposters tried to tout that fucking horse girl game as a Genshin Killerâ„¢ as well

It is normal vidya, it just gets frequent updates.

Relink won't be good though, it's Japanese.