What the fuck is this thing?

What the fuck is this thing?

Attached: AEC94F6A-858A-46EC-A176-A36C72EB42FB.jpg (2768x1902, 458.94K)

wojak

Your mom

Star bastard.

GW servants who fuck over every cult that doesn't worship GW

Attached: 1648715414810.jpg (1233x925, 102.76K)

A alium

Astel, Naturalborn of the Void, not to be mistaken with Astel, Stars of Darkness

Literally a star.

They are the same guy

ayy lmao

No, they are Pokemon

Attached: 4z0s1cmg1sn81.png (507x620, 245.6K)

I dunno but I kinda want to stick my dick in it.

>Yes I know that one is literally called full grown but I am going to ignore that because of my retarded theory so I will pretend it's not actually full grown

Both Astels drop stuff that reference to them as an individual that destroyed Nokron.

Space alien

Did you forget about these things?

Attached: astel.jpg (429x361, 29.24K)

What Radahn was holding back for the sake of all

I can't stand how stupid these look. The body being made out of spheres looks terrible, especially with the arms and head being organic looking / normal.

A star :)

it's a skeleton dragonfly with some halo rings around it and fluorescent bubbles

it's not that hard to figure out, is it? the design is nice, pretty creative although it's not massively out there

I like it a lot more than the earlier designs and BB because it's not overtly grotesque but still looks menacing, keeping the design's dignity intact

Attached: 1640734621034.jpg (1368x1688, 240.02K)

You should include malformed Stars between full grown beast and Astel as its there is another intermediate step in their life cycle

I was surprised to find this guy in a random dungeon/mine/whatever it was since I had never encountered the "main" one

A space demon that the Greater Will let in to fuck up the Nox after they attained the power to kill gods. These are the "stars" that Radahn was holding back.

It makes me wonder if all the stars coming down after his death are supposed to be in league with the Greater Will as well. What if they were supposed to be a means of control after the shattering.

Attached: 20220315053521_1.jpg (2560x1440, 254.43K)

You'll notice all the mine levels actually end with amber meteors at the bottom, that's what they're mining. Astel and its infant forms (the falling stars and the ones that hang from the ceiling) all came in riding on those meteors.

Alien sent by the greater will to destroy the eternal cities for their insubordination

fromsoft containment board when

Attached: 1531724548270.jpg (1431x842, 222.98K)

>Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Psychic -> Psychic/Flying

>Sellen Dialogue:
Our powers draw upon the powers embedded in glintstone, but what is the nature of such power? Glintstone is the amber of the cosmos, golden amber contains the remnants of ancient life and houses its vitality, while Glintstone contains residual life. And thus, the vitality of the stars. It should not be forgotten that glintstone sorcery is the study of the stars and the life therein.

>Viridian Amber Medallion
The Erdtree's old sap becomes amber, treasured as the most precious of jewels in the age of Godfrey, the first Elden Lord.
A primordial life energy resides inside.

>Blessed Dew Talisman
It was once thought that the blessed sap of the Erdtree would drip from its boughs forever -- but that age of plenty swiftly came to a close, and with time, the Erdtree became more an object of faith.

>Flask of Crimson Tears
A sacred flask modelled after a golden holy chalice that was once graced by a tear of life.

>Ordovis's Greatsword
This sword is imbued with an ancient holiness.
Its scarlet tint exemplifies the nature of primordial gold, said to be
close to life itself.

>Siluria's Tree
The primordial form of the Erdtree is close in nature to life itself, and this spear, modelled on its crucible, is imbued with ancient holy essence.

>Crucible Tree Shield
Holds the power of the crucible of life, the primordial form of the Erdtree. Strengthens Aspects of the Crucible incantations

Amber appears to be the key to everything

Mad you didn't notice?

The whole outer gods thing screams more Bloodborne to me than anything else. Its likely hes a holdover Great One from that game or they just tried to add a bit of lore to tease players about it.

you scream bloodborne over and over

>wojak
Yes.

Attached: Astel Soyjak.jpg (1280x720, 344.56K)

Nice theory but you fight only one Fallen Star Beast in a cave and the fully grown one is fought atop a mountain

You fight all the falling star beasts in sites where a meteor hit, all the mines are meteor hit sites.

>it seems as though the Fallingstar Beasts seek out deep caves
It's just 1/3

A reused asset

100% white american

??
There is one in a cave, one on Gelmir and one in front of the capital gates.

Yes, that's what I said

It's literally a giant space bug. What's interesting: Astel is highly invulnerable to the black knifes WA. And I mean holy shit, that thing burns through Astel like napalm through Vietnam.

I really liked the first Astel and his aesthetic, enough to fight him without a summon. But the second one really didn't need to exist, especially since the original gave you a remembrance. When a boss is cool and challenging, it makes me want to defeat it one on one, that's how I felt about the evergaol Crucible Knight. But when a boss appears several times, I just go "Goddammit, it's this cunt again. Tiche, you're up.".

Forgot image.

Attached: Magma Wyrm.png (1500x939, 1.24M)

Lmao

Some sort of insect alien thing that's combined with the roots of the erdtree and a corpse of a giant to form a body. Probably some sort of cosmic parasite attracted to the erdtree.

He does gain a new move (an even crazier command grab) and he can uses the meteor attack from the beginning instead of at half health. But yeah, probably the most banal version 2 in the game.

ayyyy lmao, insect edition

Attached: 1649639213103.jpg (3500x2538, 2.11M)

who's to say that astel didn't serve a completely different outer god?

>english version is nokstella
>nox stella
>night star
>jap version is noxterra
>night earth

Found him first in the subterranean world throwing magic shit at me while hanging from the ceiling like a faggot. Climbed up there and nuked his ass with comets.
What's the lore about him? Why is he in multiple places?

Okey but I thought astel was anique encounter why is another one in the snow shithole?

Me.

You mean vulnerable?

They're like Amygdalas, there's a lot of them

I can understand that but why is it called astel?

Because his parents thought it sounded cool.

So they are like twins or something.
kek

ROYAL

after the nintendo containment board

would've looked a lot cooler if it didn't have a skull face. Imagine if it had the face of a housefly or something.

It's probably just a name of species or a title of sorts.
You can find smaller versions of Astel called Malformed Star hanging from ceilings in some places in underground.

its lore is in a few item descriptions. Basically this thing "laid siege" aka tried to destroy the things that lived in those cities you find underground. Before the elden ring the underground cities were the only civilization on the planet so Astel which is an invader from another planet was fighting them and its buried deep underground

Dude the face is the only thing that keeps it from being a pokemon.