Snow levels are the worst, even worse than sewer ones

There isn't a single interesting snow/ice level in vg. They all look plain and boring. At best there's some nice looking castle like Cainhurst.

Attached: Snow levels suck dick.jpg (600x338, 38.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jR824n5-soA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was gonna post a list of games with good snow levels but there truly aren't any, what the fuck

Modern Warfare 2
Splinter cell blacklist
Resident evil 6

>snow level in mario 64
thread/

MGS1

Monster Hunter World Iceborne

Attached: HvdzUZoGeVHmhHjFajjiuY.jpg (1280x720, 363.12K)

wrong again, zoomies

Attached: 189441-batman-returns-snes-screenshot-fighting-swordsmen-on-a-snowy.jpg (640x480, 55.47K)

Metroid Prime 1

It looks boring as shit. Literally just plain white snow and trees. Snow levels are shit.

I liked the Frozen level of Kh3, aside from the music video cutscene. Snowy mountains are comfy

007: Nightfire
Timesplitters 2
TLoZ: Twilight Princess
Banjo-Kazooie
Uncharted 2 (the multiplayer)
Saints Row 4: How the Saints Saved Christmas DLC

I'll admit you have a point but I still feel the contrarian urge to provide exceptions to the rule

snow levels are great
what sucks are jungle levels

We need more desert levels.

Attached: d74ey7r-32aa04b8-d136-4ef7-9e29-c62c45400f21.jpg (1920x1080, 230.74K)

Every snow level in the Dark Souls games is good.

Finally someone with good taste. Desert level with golden dunes and at the end a great Oasis. Kino.

>Every snow level in the Dark Souls games is good.
Kek.

Attached: Screenshot_20220412-053754_Chrome.jpg (728x412, 23.5K)

>Implying anything in RE6 was good.

Attached: 1647978404775.jpg (640x640, 39.65K)

Eleum Loyce is the best one because it incorporates the environmental aspects in to it's gameplay.
>there is a blizzard that makes things invisible or blocks some paths with ice which can be unlocked by acquiring an item
>a snowball rolling towards you and gets larger as it comes closer to you

This level was actually pretty cool apart from reindeer gang bangs.

user, the only cool thing about that cancer of a level was the snow. There is nothing there. It's literally an empty map with 2 broken buildings and infinite enemies.

The problem that needs to be avoided to make a good sewer level is insufficient saturation on all the non-white colours. If you combine pure white snow with vibrant green trees it's beautiful.

It is cool because the way you have to navigate through the fields by locating the closest shelter and resting in them while waiting for blizzard to end.

Why would be there snow in the sewer?

Attached: 1645412338022.jpg (540x720, 177.69K)

The retarded enemies kills any desire to explore that BS. Also good luck if you're not good enough to fight the gang and keep dying having to redo this BS just so you can fight the boss again.

>Snowy mountains are comfy
Couldn't agree more, they're always my favorite levels in games.

No, fuck you, 30 years later it's still my most liked platformer level of all time be it because of the song or the level itself, I only wish it lasted longer.

Attached: artworks-000329589243-uz0bsk-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 47.82K)

They only spawn during the storm though. Also, this whole section was supposed to be played with others.

Attached: aCqrQEi.jpg (3840x2160, 2.22M)

>It's shit because you're supposed to summon
That's a weird cope but ok.

It only looks good. There is nothing interesting in it's level design.

How could I forget Ashes of Overpriced DLC? It's shit.

Attached: 1640236723596.png (564x468, 378.63K)

It is not a cope. Every DS2 DLC has a designated co-op section as seen by the statues that are placed in the beginning of these areas. Which were initially used to summon people that didn't have the DLCs.

Metroid Prime

So when the online dies as in right now the levels become even more retarded then they already are? Great game design. B team does it again.

No, because you can summon multiple NPCs for those areas.

user... I...
Have you tried summoning NPCs in that area? Even if you rush the A.I. gets half it's HP fucked by the devil horses and then you have to fight a pumped up gank with a half dead braindead NPC. Any more excuses for this inexcusable level?

Immediately what I thought of. Peak comfy.

I played through this area with summons because they have shit load of HP. I am not excusing it anyway. I am just saying there are ways to deal with this area.

You shouldn't have to "deal" with an area to begin with.

Don't know if it counts but the one from red dead 2 was pretty decent

What do you mean? You deal with a video game level to overcome it's challenges. No matter how difficult or unfair they may be. You don't really make sense user.

>ITT OP starts a snow thread with obvious bait

Mario 64 and spyro 3 come to mind

Snow is comfy. I love snow

Snowy levels are bright and comfy. People whose skin aren't adapted to the cold wouldn't understand.

What do you have to deal in forest of the giants? Or undead burg? You always have to deal with the enemies. Not the level itself. At worst you have some platforming like in blighttown. The blizzard + infinite enemies + just being a very long area of nothing to a re-skin boss makes this a shit area.

DS3 Ashes of Ariandel

>It only looks good
No, it plays fucking great
Corvian Village is one of the best area in all From games ever, mogs every single DS1 and DS2 area

I can literally see the Andes from my window, fag. Nice try tho.

I remember the journey to fight this lil nigga to be a pretty solid part of the game

Attached: 5DB0D978-83EF-49B8-A13E-9F88CCB36ED4.png (765x861, 575.35K)

The Division 1.
>Survivors fight or bargain for scraps of food.
>The sickness was released during Christmas holiday season. Streets are still adorned with Christmas decorations that still light up in the night and through the fog.
>People in their apartments sometimes see you, and will shout praise or curses towards you from their windows.

The environment and the atmosphere was the best thing about the game.
>You're exploring the dark zone when the fog picks up.
> Cautiously, you slow your steps - you never know what maniac could be fucking around out here.
> Snow gently falls and the light from the street lamps and Christmas decorations bloom. For a moment you remember what tranquility felt like.
>Soon the fog slowly begins to subside. You step into a puddle and you reactively look down at your feet. Red. A mix of blood and melting snow slowly seeping into the sewers.
>You look up. As the fog clears you see the many silhouettes of hills reveal themselves to be thousands of the abandoned bodies rotting and leaking through their body bags. Piles as high as the third storey of some of the surrounding apartments.

I just wish TD2 kept the same atmosphere/environment. Its atmosphere and setting was generic as fuck. Haven't played the NYC dlc - hope they didn't portray how the city's decay too cartoonishly

Attached: kEXTCrc7yeYPIrXURPP9aLahXxMgNHKt.jpg (1024x1024, 438.76K)

Ashes map is worst map in ds3
Great boss fight, shit map

Shit take
Never seen a Souls map make so much out of verticality and intricate level design

Attached: Painted_World_of_Ariandel_map2_edit.jpg (1254x803, 158.46K)

Snow levels are the biggest kino in this game, i fucking love it

Attached: 4o.jpg (1200x630, 227.4K)

pleb detected, opinion discarded

Attached: gVVW5Vb.jpg (1440x810, 236.24K)

Ever needing to summon npc or players is a clear sign you need to git gud.

>Haven't played the NYC dlc
Its not too bad but its not the kino of Div1.

I haven't seen snow in over 10 years.

>always liked snow
>snowball fights with friends
>snow angels
>making snowmen
>makes everything look bright and aesthetic
>I'll never forget when it snowed on xmas day as a kid, and I played with my Pokedex before installing Tomb Raider The Last Revelation on my PC and playing that until it was time for xmas dinner and then watching silly xmas films with the family

>tfw 32
>tfw it hasn't properly snowed in my area of the country for 11 years because of climate change
>hasn't snowed on xmas day since I was a kid
>every winter is now just grey clouds and cold as fuck and maybe it rains sometimes

I'm putting this down as one of the contributing factors to my misery as I grow older, I barely remember the feeling of what it was like to be happy at christmas

nothing is aesthetic like bright crimson blood on pure white snow

youtube.com/watch?v=jR824n5-soA

This for me except I'm 33.

Stop posting ANY time faggot, we lost one of the best third person shooter formulas in the planet because of you overreacting niggers like you. You can't even name a good shooter made past 2013.

Attached: 1621651131515.jpg (3840x2160, 1.13M)

>Dark Souls 3
>Lost Planet
>MHW: Iceborne
>Mario 64
>Twilight Princess
>Hoth
>FF7
>Modern Warfare 2
>Black Ops
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Majora's Mask
>Uncharted 2
>Metroid Prime
>Red Dead Redemption 2
>MGS4
>Journey
>Bad Company 2

Snowpoint City in Pokemon DPPt
Snowdin in Undertale
Cool, Cool Mountain in Mario 64
The entire game of MGS1

Snow locations are pretty comfy

desert levels are worse than snow levels
>wow look a sand dune. and look over there....a sand dune! and what's that? a sand dune?
name one good dessert level.

summer christmas is better anyway

The last good TPS was Max Payne 3