Tfw you realize every tarnished in the intro is shown at or after the moment of their death

>tfw you realize every tarnished in the intro is shown at or after the moment of their death
Like in this picture there's a spilled drink next to goldmask indicating poisoning
Cool little detail.

Attached: firefox_w5SHPpIdPA.png (1175x655, 1.66M)

Honestly I was hyped while downloading the game and got too drunk in celebration so I barely remember the intro. I remember the loathsome dung eater because it made me laugh

I assume he was poisoned by the golden order btw because he was a threat to them. Same reason why corhyn kills him.

Who even is goldmask. He’s in the intro but I don’t think I ever saw him in game.

can can find him on a piece of broken bridge in leyndell. i don't know how his quest qoeks since the guy doesn't talk

Oh he’s the sunflower guy? I couldn’t talk to him so I just left. Wonder what his deal is

he wants to replace the divine system with a youtube algorithm style computer god thing

Nah its the moment of their resurrection
You can each one reacting to the light of grace

he realized the order is bullshit and wants to replace it with a better one
and he is absolutely correct in that his order is a much better idea, however it pisses off the golden order fanatics

Damn, sorry for killing you Corhyn. You did what you had to do.

how did fia die then

she's undead you idiot

you were sucking on corpse titties

he has the best outcome for the world, objectively

Buried her alive with some corpse.

Fia didn't, she's fucking a corpse in the opening scene.

It’s canon they show them all at death. She was sent to die grasping whoever’s corpse that is in the opening (implied she fucked all the skeletons behind her)

Attached: EC4966D2-2192-4264-A4BC-FE51A50C9614.png (1334x750, 2.21M)

This, OP is retarded.

Dungeater: Hooray! I'm being resur-ACK!

>zero free will
>best
bugman go and stay go.
Ranni deleting destiny and causing everyone to be able to self determine their fate is the objective best ending

Didn't she say she was chased away or banished from her homeland or some shit? Seems kinda weird to banish someone who's already dead.

Do we actually know that he kills goldmask though? I thought he died creating the rune or something.

>moment of resurrection happens before death
dumb?

>before
Godfrey was literally impaled on shit and Gideon is in a fucking coffin.

coryhn later says that 'master goldmask was nothing but a madman'

Can you Save Goldmask by killing Coryhn?

Dungeater's doesn't fit, but it's still not when they die. Most of them are literally looking at Grace return to them, and Gideon didn't fucking lay down in a coffin and then die.

He realized that the golden order was shit because the gods were retarded, so he wanted to fix the elden ring to remove them from the equation all together.

>>zero free will
not true. GM just removes the gods from office. which means more free will?

don't be a ranni simp\. she is the archetypal caine. there's like 4 caine endings (frenzy flame, dung eater, ranni, and fia)

No. He dies no matter what. Corhyn didn't even kill him anyway. Creating the Mending Rune always results in death. See what happened to Fia and Dung Eater.

>Greater Will comes down from the cosmos and implants the Erdtree with the Elden Ring, creating order from chaos, eternal life and so on
>Ranni's shenanigans fuck up everything forever
>Goldmask wants to remove retards like Ranni, Marika etc from the equation so Utopia cannot be disturbed
He's basically the Lawful Evil ending, because if you go along with his plan then the Erdtree will just continue feeding on humans for eternity.

Corhyn is just a brainlet. Didn't have the 37 INT to understand regression.

Nah, Gold Chad is lawful good. The Erdree promotes eternal life via constant reincarnation. It's been stated that life before the shattering was a golden era of prosperity. Thanks to Gold Chad, retards like Marika and Ranni can't fuck with the system anymore.

Attached: goldmask.png (935x879, 1.35M)

>See what happened to Fia
I didn't realize Fia would still die if D's brother didn't kill her. I figured she'd just be there sleeping still or some shit

>The Erdree promotes eternal life via constant reincarnation.
I've yet to see any evidence of this happening to any life form other than the Tarnished. Or is it """reincarnation""" where you're an entirely new being with no memories, just a recycled mass of soul goo?

Nope. She dies regardless. It's why she says that she'll never see you again.

Shame the intro was a lazy concept art slideshow. Really set the tone for the rest of the game.

Maybe he did. Dude just realized it was time for him to peace out, hopped in and dumped a bucket of ears on himself.

So what's the fucking deal with goldmask anyway?
also why the fuck is Gideon buried in a coffin filled with cut-off ears like he's fucking Scrooge McDuck?

Attached: le goldman.jpg (350x337, 46.96K)

They had to otherwise we would be able to see marika and radagon transforming into each other if it was a video

Hes the all knowing he has ears everywhere

That doesn't explain dung eater though, since it shows him being hanged.

They showed that in the first trailer, though.

I didnt finish the quest but corhyn turned into a ballbearing and goldmask was still tposing outside of the colllseum. I have no idea why. Does seem like goldmask lived.

>ears everywhere
no they're all in the coffin

>Most of them are literally looking at Grace return to them
I never noticed that. Makes so much more sense now.

They show the moment Grace is returned to them.

Grace turns tarnished immortal
That's why when a tarnished loses the light of grace they go back to being afflicted with mortality

>there's a spilled drink
it's paint or something similar, he died in the middle of creating a mural of the Golden Order

He scoffs at all the other incantations but can't even do ones of the golden order. It's funny

>creating a mural of the Golden Order
he hates the golden order retard

The thing is, Golden Order Fundamentalism was already this super-scholarly philosophical big-brained take on religion and they took in a genius who rapidly became the most famous and eccentric person in their order, to the point where they started worrying he was TOO rational and high-IQ and might lead them into heresy, so he was offed.

okay, but that user said that the images are of them resurrecting. Dung Eater is shown being hanged. That's clearly an image of him being killed, not resurrecting.

It's paint asshole

lmao retard why would they show everyone else dead and then goldmask painting? dumb ass.

He could've died just a few moments ago, even at the exact moment of being hanged

>was a golden era of prosperity
Yeah you forgot the part where people would be begging for death by dragonfire due to immortal life with death being sealed. Erdtree conveniently popped up to solve that issue after the greater will created said issue.

Sure, it may have seemed good, but there was clearly an ulterior motive by the greater will here

Unless he was so hated people showed up for days, even weeks afterwards to pelt him with rocks and shit.

seems like an ass-pull to me

Wrong, he LOVES the Order, he just hates the imperfections

I’m pretty sure they’re parading dung eaters corpse after killing him.

>intro only makes sense after you finish the game

unfathomable kino

She either didn't die or received grace the moment she died. Her job as a deathbed companion was to die so a noble could be revived.

It's literally being reborn from grace.
Look at the sites of grace. They use bark shavings as a resource.

Are there any chestpieces, any at all, that look good with the duelist's helmet?

>using gold paint
>jar of gold paint next to him

Dude just died of old age, look at him. He was already exiled

Right, but only the special murder task force are ever shown to be thrown a res. Not everyone in the lands between is a Tarnished. It's only really eternal life for some people, and even then it's only when you have a use.

>>zero free will
[citation needed]

>Every From game is about immortality being a fate worse than death, an eternal curse, punishment for the ambitions and folly of man
>hahha its probably good this time tho guys, trust me
>Destined death/order of the stars is bad even though its natural life cycles without perversion/conscious influence

Hmmmmmmmmm

Attached: 1649424698107.jpg (586x580, 75.01K)

Are you sure about that? She's not dead when you pick up the Rune

Reload the area. She's dead.

Wait, if that's the case then why do they all die in game? Did they stop seeing grace?

She was pretty dead after she gave me the rune, you go back and shes not moving. Then I did D's brother's quest and the dude goes and pretends he killed her.

Im glad I got one more hug, honestly if the Tibia Mariner is anything to go off being a DarkSouls undead seems pretty rad

Attached: 20220324152026_1.jpg (2560x1440, 588K)

For me it's the Chad Ullius.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 691.09K)

I think being revived by grace fucked up deathbed duties.

Yes. The npcs in the game explicitly state that your Tarnished is a rare breed since he's one of the only ones who can see grace.

I like the theory that Marika removing the Rune of Death allowed for this, while she and her demigod children were immortal, normal people would have their souls returned to the Erdtree and reborn, never truly dieing. We know the Erdtree has co-opted the crucible which is basically the primordial soup that is the source of all life

Fia didn't died, she left her land to follow the Grace, which guided her to Godwyn's corpse.