Will From ever capture this feeling again? Leyndell was a disappointment

Will From ever capture this feeling again? Leyndell was a disappointment.

Attached: download (2).jpg (1024x576, 172.59K)

>big empty city with no people in it with pants-on-head retarded architecture and building design that you access through ridiculous immersion-breaking parkour so you can fight some boss somewhere and walk out with more souls to repeat the thing at the next level
so leyndell?

Crazy how Anal Londo feels like a Fort Haight in comparison to Stormveil, Volcano Manor, Leyndell, etc. It's not even Shaded Castle tier.

>anor londo
i hate this shithole like you wouldn't believe.

>>big empty city with no people in it with pants-on-head retarded architecture and building design that you access through ridiculous immersion-breaking parkour so you can fight some boss somewhere and walk out with more souls to repeat the thing at the next level
>so leyndell?

Attached: 1636045818476.gif (584x600, 1.91M)

>>anor londo
>i hate this shithole like you wouldn't believe.

Attached: 6311 - a3cbb4ec582b6ccf33dc35692c986859d.png (427x356, 8.51K)

No OP, the FromSoft from DeS/Das1 are gone. Time to mourn the loss

it's crazy how they are regressing, the good parts left are only due to Miyazaki, give them a few years until he get tired, and From will be totally soulless

>Zoomers can't into art
not surprised. if Anor Londo was bad, Miyazaki wouldn't try to replicate it in all his games, to the point that he copied it whole to DS3. Also if you played DS3 first it will lose all it's allure.

>you don't understand it was meant to be empty and boring and look like an asset flip. It's kakaesque and makes use of ligma space

Attached: 1624027169056.png (753x960, 28.9K)

Stop bumping your own thread, op.

Anal Rodeo is shit-brown and was never visually impressive.

It is crazy anor Londo feels like a straight empty line compared to leyndell

Yeah they've become a victim of the difficulty meme and now only care about spastoc bosses and little else. Forget about atmosphere and world design

Leyndell was kino as fuck.

>huehuehue im going to greentext with my best basedjak!
>that'll show 'em
fuck off phoneposter

man the seething is off the charts!

Maybe dont make such a retarded thread next time and this won't happen.

Kys wojak nigger

every Google image result of this one specific angle. if you look up Lyndell capital you get many different angles and views of the beautiful giant city of the game.
lyendell easily is the most aesthetically superior.

>Leyndell
Is just Falconia by way of Anor Londo.

Attached: falconia-beruseruku.jpg (1200x849, 440.29K)

Anor londo was amazing at the time but looking back it was obviously limited in design and by limitations that the designers/producers put on the game. It was a very EMPTY city, but the whole game was meant to have an empty feel.

Leyndell > Anal Londor

Listening to feedback is cool, but commoners are retarded and understand nothing. any game that caters to their demand always fail. From really need to stop this, but can't help it when everyone is rating your game 10/10

Leyndell is what you think Anor Londo is gonna be the very first time you make it to Anor Londo. You look down and see the city streets and you think "I can't wait to get down there and really explore this place." Then you find out that it's a bridge, a chapel, and the palace. Anor Londo still manages to be amazing but you're still left wondering what could have been.

desu Miyazaki wears his influences on his sleeve but despite the awe inspiring nature of Leyndell it never captured the same magic and mystery that Miura could in the manga

Attached: pandemonium-miura.jpg (1740x1228, 798.14K)

thanks for reminding me we never really saw much of the city since he died.

I'm not him. I don't know if he's retarded and doesn't realize he's bumping the thread or actually doing a pre emptive strike knowing it will be a 100+ post thread.

Yeah and the people who always talked about difficulty think the games were made just to be purely difficult, that's their only purpose where they were just a bit more challenging but it was only a small part of it. The 100s of 10/10s unfortunately are not a good sign for people who loved the early from games, but normies will be happy. The writing was kinda on the wall with DS3

The archway to the rafters feels so special because it feels like almost wrong because how games work, whereas exploring in Leyndell often felt more like they didn't bother putting in barriers and just put an item there instead.
Its a weird because I actually realize how much I am playing a game when my character can just hop on rooftops and run around.

You must have been thrilled to see it again in 3.

>a whole neat church to the left with platforming
>a whole maze-like rooms inside
>the best boss in the game
>another awesome boss
>many secrets and interactive characters and world that supports the lore and immersion
Yeah just an empty straight line...........

Already have

Attached: 1618445161363.png (1920x1080, 3.27M)

>MUH NOSTALGIA
Fuck off, user. Anor Londo was great for it's time but even nack then what was available for exploring was limited compared to the scope of the location when the gargoyle's first drop you of. Leyndell has a fucking metric ton of exploration. Rooftops. Churches. Roads. Elite class areas. Commoner areas. Not nearly enough? There's a fucking full ass sewer dungeon below.

Falconia was just too roman. Even that kingdom in the Band of the Hawk arc was more memorable, but I'm pretty sure it has another darker mode waiting after Griffith becomes a femto and kill everyone there.. it's a manifestation of himself after all

I honestly believe Miyazaki brought back Anor Londo in this sorry state without all it's charm just to piss on Dark Souls series and tell the fans he doesn't want to make more of them.. it's just gonna get uglier

I still don't remember anything as memorable as killing Gwynevere and suddenly the whole place goes sark, then finding the whole story behind it.. And how it all build up to meeting Gwyn himself in the end and finding he's a lie too

Leyndell was mostly boring streets with enemies everywhere at the street level. There was almost no interesting architecture to explore.

We're comparing it to leyndell which is simply better

I think the Leyndell sewers aka the Shunning Grounds was at least a bit inspired by that tower leading to the pit in that kingdom where the corpses were all piled and became the apostle behelit/egg of the perfect world.

I liked overlooking the lake for the first time. There's a lot of good scenery in elden ring if you just stop rushing and look around

Elphael when you enter into the pit behind the cracked wall above Malenia with nature overtaking it

Leyndell was just streets with shitty enemies, nothing special or interesting was there

You know they put the most work into the capital

I did like leyndell's design but the level design was like multiple separate levels as opposed to one vast area, it felt less like traversing through a big city space and more moving between stages in a level.

It's multiple levels, and it evolves.

Disagree. Leyndell was the only zone I actually enjoyed. It’s nice to actually just play a zone and not hug mountain walls hoping I find a cave/catacombs.

Noktella/Nokron gave this feel, but again retards just rush through it, because it was dark and more intimidating. I really don't understand why most people hated them

Leyndell is quite literally a single street with a sewer and some houses

>Rooftops
>Burned out ruins
>A giant stone dragon that can be used to get to other areas
>Tree roots that lead to various areas
>An entire fucking sewer maze
>back alleyways
>main streets
Shut up 1fag.

Gywndollin was best god and the only one that wasn't a traitor/coward. Didn't deserve his fate desu.
Also for someone able to make a fake sun 24/7 he was a pretty weak fight.

fuck that
we didn't call it anal rodeo for fun

Morgott is just Gwyndolin with a redesign, if you think about it.

Kind of. Gywndollin was less bitter towards his family. Had a better design. What up with the snakes. Pretty cool and unique for game.
Both good characters. Would have preferred if Margit fought you more. Like a bigger rival.

He does fight you three times, but it doesn't feel special at all because all the bosses have the same moveset but reskinned.

Leyndell actual feels better than anor londo cuz there's more shit to do and less annoying enemies

Attached: 1619580096484.png (1280x1459, 1.44M)

Is "exploration" the metric being argued here? Of course the level in the open-world game has more to explore than a similar level in a mostly linear experience. It's more that Anor Londo is a turning point in the story, where you get to see the actual city of the gods and the lore behind the plot starts coming together.

>quantity over quality is good

>curious how the japanese text spells leyndell
>turns out they just replace one character from how they would write "londo" in katakana

>The writing was kinda on the wall with DS3
I'd argue you could see it as early as the PC port of 1, if not 2. Both heavily focused on the whole PREPARE TO DIE, THIS IS DARK SOULS, SO HARDCORE angle in advertising.

>Anor Londo still manages to be amazing
Anor Londo is just corridors and falling hazards. There is nothing interesting to fight in the area, and there is even less to explore. It's poorly designed and does not appear to be something that used to be either a public or private space. It's the beginning of what seems to be a rushed game, especially coming from Sen's Fortress which is more of the same but I've had enough of walking on tightropes by then. They put most of the effort into the surrounding vista at the beginning but couldn't figure out how to design a castle. I refuse to believe that people actually think Anor Londo is an enjoyable place to be beyond the initial sighting of it.

Meant for

Reminder if DS1 or DeS isn't your first ones just shut the fuck up.

What quality was in ds1? The whole game was rushed as hell

Too bad the game's quality falls off a cliff immediately after this.

Holy shit we've reached new levels of contrarianism

I actually prefer Leyndell. Sure, there's a Tree Avatar and an Ulcerated Tree Spirit, but Anor Londo had two enemies that can go fuck themselves and they both got Greatbows. And one thing I always felt was lacking from Anor Londo was being able to go down and walk on the streets. The bottomless pit felt lame and a cut corner. Even if it was just the streets and abandoned carts and stuff, I'd have felt it would have been brought together better if it I could even just see the streets, let alone walk through them. That added so much to Lleyndell.

>11 years later
They still haven't made an area with such tight level design or that has recaptured this feel

Forgot picrel

Attached: tumblr_inline_oyg973Unm51qcxb80_640.jpg (640x360, 69.1K)

stop parroting this shitty meme ecelp faggot. Only lost izalith was bade, the rest fine.

this board would be so much better if people did this

There's contrarianism and there's admitting faults, DS1 was great but the second half fell off hard and definitely could've used a bit more time in the oven.

The bed of chaos was just cancer

>Leyndell was a disappointment.
No it wasn't. Anor Londo was a disappointment. Sen's was the peak of Dark Souls.

>tomb of the giants is bad
>The Duke's Archives is bad
>new londo is bad
are you fucking serious? they had one of the best atmosphere in the series

Izalith in general was cancer. The ocean of dragon asses is arguably the most pathetic thing in the series.

what are you talking about, his real fight has him have a different attacks

they were clearly unfinished because they don't pose any threat and only have one move. but it was surreal seeing them first time.

Tomb of the Giants isn't bad, but it isn't fun either. It's a very annoying area to navigate, even on multiple playthroughs.
Duke's is great, one of the best areas in the game.
New Londo is a mixed bag. It's not badly designed, but it's a little underwhelming.
Izalith is shit.

I didnt even notice those anons I honestly thought they were just passive backdrops. I didnt attack or get attacked by any of them

Yeah, that and old londo could've both been expanded on a lot more and would've benefited from more time in development. Seath and Nito's areas were both good but felt a bit short.
Yes but the time spent in those areas was much less and the exploration was a lot less limited.

a lot more limited*

>Duke's is great, one of the best areas in the game
Seath was the best dragon they ever made in terms of character and lore, I find it hard how they got dumbed down to shitty enemy types no one want to fight