Has anyone gone back to pic related after Elden Ring...

Has anyone gone back to pic related after Elden Ring? Seems like the bosses would be a lot easier given their huge windows of not doing jack shit and how slow they are.

Attached: dark-souls-remastered-pc-buy-cheap-cdkeys_4_.jpg (502x700, 56.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YocgP4HJsUs
youtube.com/watch?v=ovjd22Rkhlk
youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM
youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=yOBY5yavA84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, it's very easy and you can kill almost all bosses first try.

not really. just did the Manus fight today. felt like I was playing ER again. also a lot of the bosses have additional gimmicks, like Nito having bunch of adds, from where the actual difficulty of the fight comes from.

I went back and its crazy how much better ds1 music is

ER music is absolutely awful.

ER music is very forgettable, I finished the game and the only theme that I can remember is the tittle music. Good game but they should have put more effort into the OST

I think it's because you fight bosses longer.

In ER bosses either melt you or you melt them and you don't even hear the whole song develop

>can't summon infinite Ashes
>easier
?
Elden Ring is by far the easiest Souls game of them all

Yeah I tried it and it was a lot easier but more immersive. It sucks because I got used to ER's pace but ER isn't all that great but now all the other stuff feels slow.
I miss Bloodborne.

Its not just boss music, every elden ring song combined isnt as impactful as the firelink shrine music

Only good music in ER are the Title Theme, Godskin Apostle theme, Radagon's theme and Godfrey's

The rest are forgettable

Dark Souls 1 literally seems like a game for toddlers now after a decade of Souls games. I don’t think I could die to a boss if I tried. Every boss seems like they die in 5 hits.

Not DaS1 but I did finish demons souls finally. Fun game and I enjoyed it more than elden ring desu. DeS/DaS1 are stoll the best in the series and can always go back and enjoy them again.

Is the remaster worth it if I still have a working PS3 and disk?
Same for DeS, I never got the tendencies stuff and can't anymore in the original right?

>like Nito having bunch of adds, from where the actual difficulty of the fight comes from.
The moment you drop into his arena run to the wall and keep rolling his spikes and wait until he comes to you. The fight becomes way easier.

it wasn't that hard anyway. Because again, it never was about bosses.

May I add Radahn's theme?

Reminder that Miyazaki cut the best track out of DSIII and replaced it with generic fantasy music.

youtube.com/watch?v=YocgP4HJsUs

You can use the archstones server, at least on RPCs3. Think you might need a hacked ps3 to use them otherwise though. tendecy isn't that confusing really

such an eye roll inducing moment when that gayass bombastic "this ain't your daddy's dark souls!!" title theme starts blasting during the Radagon fight in some forced attempt at being climactic. can't believe people actually thought that was cool

You can use it on a unhacked ps3. You just have to change some network settings.

Very cringe comment and I haven't played that part yet

kalameet and manus are still pretty challenging

You can't roll as much and don't have as many iframes either. Then there's the weight of the armor. You put some gauntlets and pants and you're are already fat rolling. On Elden Ring bosses are faster but you can spam roll and like half the roll is all iframes. ER is piss baby easy Fromsoft game for casuls. ER is by far the easiest SoulsBorne game to date.

I think bosses are clearly a focus in DaS 1, but exploration has equal focus so it feels like less of a boss rush than the later games.

I went back to DS3 and it was a huge breath of fresh air. Much better enemy/boss design. Felt like I was truly being rewarded for competence rather than relying on luck & rng to escape tedium

The poise in DaS actually works though, and makes the trade off of slower rolling for being able to tank hits actually feel good. Either way there are advantages to playing one style and there are advantages to playing the other.

The only music I found enjoyable was Fire giant. Everything else was very forgettable

ER bosses are absolutely awful. Try the Sekiro boss rush at the statues after you beat the game.

manus has less hp than early game bosses in ds3

Bosses in DS1 felt more like a reward after finishing an area, they felt like the manifestation of it and symbolizing everything you encountered. Now you think the about the boss first

DaS was always easy

Thats cool then. Its great someone went to the effort to do that for the game

I actually just reinstalled the PtD edition after finishing Elden Ring, it's super comfy and everything doesn't feel like it's designed to fuck me over. It's interesting to note that the midroll in DaS is the fatroll for ER. I just like how everything is slower in DaS I guess.

Then you play demons souls and you can't really use the roll even if you want to cause it's so unreliable. You will likely roll the wrong way or right into the enemy

Doing my first play through. No guides completely blind.

Got fucked by gargoyles 5x before I realized I can make my weapon better. Then I wasted all of my shards on the halberd and found the zweihander literally 10min after.

Atleast I got to ring the bell and can continue downwards now.

I really want to get past the dragon bridge tho

>go back to DaS after ER
>demolish everyone in Undead Burg with parries, black knight and Havel included
Feels good man.

Great stuff from Motoi Sakuraba, one of the greatest-of-all-time game composers.

it always feel the easiest to me, most of my deaths are probably from falling. i dont know why but in er and ds3 i panicked roll way too often
stand near the safe spot for a while wait until he lands and then run
first time hearing bell gargoyle is insane

Halberd is a great weapon though. Carried me to endgame until I got the Great Scythe. I'm even using an enchanted one for my Int build and it works amazing, even better than the slow as fuck great sword you get from cutting Death's tail.

Yeah, but armor actually works as a fucking armor, Miracles works,spells works, pyromancies works, Katanas works, straightswords works, UGS works.

no worries you'll have more shards than you know what to do with eventually

Unless you have an Str build in which case I suppose halberd may suck though. It's great for a dex build.

Katana doesn't work?

>needing to summon against enemies that LITERALLY cannot fight back
Retard. Elden Ring enemies are on another level. Tiche could probably solo all of Dark Souls 1-3 alone.

I haven't played elden ring but I have been replaying Dark Souls.
Just got to sens funhouse today.
Its just as bad as I remember.

Aren't the servers still down on pc? Sunbro co-op and invasions were half the fun. Are there even bloodstains and ghosts anymore?

>Muh difficulty
>muh git gud
You fuckers ruined souls.

It's D/C scaling in strength/dex.
Not great, but could be worse.

In the original Dark Souls, you are also super fucking slow.

I still remember so much music from DeS and DaS1, they were actually capable of evoking some feeling. I remember shitting my pants the first time the Taurus Demon showed up and this started playing: youtube.com/watch?v=ovjd22Rkhlk

Or, the sad, melancholy themes of Astraea and Gwyn:
youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM
youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y

I mean, I could post plenty more. Meanwhile, nowadays, every fucking song in a From game is just some boring orchestral/choir shit with a few guys going "HEEE HAAAA HOOOOOOOOO HEEE HAAA HAAAA HEEEEEEE HOOOOO"

>Tiche could probably solo all of Dark Souls 1-3 alone.
this is why faggots like you completed elden ring.

Attached: 1649420454512.jpg (92x103, 9.24K)

Funny thing, that. When I started a new game there were 0 player signs and bloodstains. When I reloaded an old save at Oolacile there were a couple of signs and bloodstains. I wonder if those were ancient remains stored in the save file? There were still 500+ players online in the PtD edition yesterday, pretty good for a game that got superseded by the "Remastered" and then got its online component kill.

>demolish everyone in Undead Burg with parries, black knight and Havel included
you couldn't do that already?

>this is why faggots like you completed elden ring.
because a coomer on /vg/ spammed Tiche webms and fanfiction for an entire week straight? that's the only reason I'm even aware of bell summons being worth using.

is online for ptd killed too?

Don't they have a new composer?

I played it a bit before er came out
Everything up to the dlc was really easy. I only played it once years ago and never beat it. Reached manus back then and did not go into new londo.

I play it on the switch its pretty fun

Online for ALL the Dark Souls games on PC are kill "until further notice". Even their shiny new DaS Remastered.

a few, yes
yuka did a couple themes but mostly the ambient music i think
youtube.com/watch?v=yOBY5yavA84

Ds1 has the best soundtrack of them all.

Even in the internets, you are a awfull liar.

>enemies all super slow and telegraphed
>mid shields are parry shields
Congrats little man

They were just shitty blobs with boring move sets, stop romanticizing it.

I'm not engaging in your boring disingenuous ESL shitflinging. Be honest for once in your life. Have a good night.

This has been the case since Bloodborne/DS3 when the series went from the
>Bosses turn to swing
>Ok now its my turn to swing
meta to the fast paced on your face test of not only reaction times but memorizing boss patterns

However, in some ways DS1 is harder. The game is a lot more punishing with early game normal enemies doing 1/3rds or sometimes even half of your hp with one swing. Weapons in general also do less dmg unless you get one of the very few OP weapons early game. It's realistic for a player to need to attack Quelaaq literally over 50 times and she can kill you in 2 hits if you're not careful. Overall with enemies and traps in the game likes to punish you with straight out death, instead of losing some health and needing to use a flask.

Also the level design in DS1 is more challenging in a specific way. In ER a hard area is often hard solely because they placed enemies there that have challenging skillsets to learn. In DS1 the challenge comes from where the enemies are placed.
>Enemy in a narrow hallway. You do a wide swing, hit the wall and get killed
>Enemy on a narrow beam. You panic, move in a slightly wrong direction and fall off
>Archers or bomb lobbers in the distance. You are less agile so it takes longer to get to them and they do more damage so you're more likely to die
>All of Sen's fortress
Unironically if you don't count Malenia I died more times replaying DS1 than I did in ER, purely because it's harder outside of the bossfights. ER is just so afraid of frustrating the player by making the difficulty stem from the environment constricting and inconveniencing the player, forcing them to think about how to approach a situation strategically. On the surface it's a more positive experience if the world design are just bosses on a microlevel. Open areas that bear little relevance to the fight with the challenge coming from learning the movesets of the enemies

not bloodborne