OH NO NO NO WE GOT TOO COCKY DIGITALBROS

OH NO NO NO WE GOT TOO COCKY DIGITALBROS

Attached: PS3 digital license.png (1027x796, 1.17M)

YOU
WILL
OWN
NOTHING

based sony stopping its consumers from playing garbage games

How is this not robbery?

oh shit
a brand new elder scrolls adventure?

This is what "digital" looks like. What you are referring to is just corporate dicksucking

Attached: Capture.png (298x345, 12.87K)

Did they ever fix the battery thing on PS3?

because its in the terms of service when you buy it

because you agreed to a EULA

Based, fuck physicalcucks. I hope all your discs rot and you're forced to pirate.

digitalfags literally pay to pirate
i cannot think of something more cucked

Technically you buy a "license" to play the game, not own it. The real question is, when will the license expire? They shouldn't expire. You should own that license forever.

>pay to pirate
Literally what did he mean by this?

You know why they want you to live in the pod right? So they can sell you the air.

OP is a cuck. It's some weird glitch resetting the licensing dates. It's still dumb that it happens, but it's not on purpose

Attached: '‘Expired’ digital PS Vita and PS3 games rendered unplayable - The Verge' - www.theverge.com.png (774x289, 43.26K)

EULAs do not hold up in court. Anyone can sue Sony for this.

I hope for your sake that one day you stop being a NEET

>hack ps3
>pirate everything and be happy

Digitalfags got BTFO

It might not be on purpose, but it's an issue that will pop up from time to time in the future with DRM software that uses licenses.

This shit doesnt happen with disc versions or non-DRM digital. So think about that.

Good luck with that lmao

They did this to my dragon's dogma copy years ago. I distro'd the pc release like crazy as a response. I think I seeded that thing for over 2 years.

All physical media and hardware will die eventually, it will happen within your life.

Attached: Physical.jpg (539x770, 79.5K)

All my discs could rot and I'd still have more game than you because I've actually had sex.
Enjoy your all digital virginity.

Don't care. Still buying physical.

>Digital literally made to have a limited lifespan
>You own none of it
>Woah you can look at physical too, look at this destroyed by a fire
Might as well not have a house, a car, a job, or a life, all of that can go up in fire too.
You fucking moran stop making false equivalences, you don't look clever, you look like a god damn fuckwit who doesn't understand the difference between a random fire accident and corporations literally owning everything in your life.
Fucking moron.

There is no lifespan on a file I can copy endlessly you buycuck. Hardware stops working and discs stop being read no matter how good you treat them.

>I WILL REPEAT THE CATCHPHRASE

Don't forget about the eventual disc rot

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 24.86K)

>Might as well not have a house, a car, a job, or a life,
You're talking to a vegan who shills PC only gaming for free. He has none of those things but his shitty 2015 build he obsesses over.

Then do it

What's the matter digicuck? The most common argument I hear in defense of servers closing is that you don't care if you lose access to digital games because you don't care about old games once you already played them.

Why do these "old games" suddenly matter to you? Shouldn't you be excited to re-buy them at $70 on the PS5 instead?

Nobody said it's on purpose, just like the battery thing, but it's still rendering games unplayable.

You mean like that OtherOS Lawsuit which Sony LOST? Or how when Sony attempted to cuck people getting a refund they lost AGAIN because of their originally unreasonable terms for getting one? And that's just from Linux fanboys, imagine if their entire userbase gets effected. Microsoft of all people pre-emptively extended warranties for RROD just from the THREAT of a class-action lawsuit over it.

Older carts have chips that will last many decades. Most devices that were made before even your father was both that had ICs still work.

Professionally pressed optical media lasts 75-125+ years unless you store it in direct sunlight or in someplace reeking with enough humidity to grow fungus or something.

Digital on consoles barely last a decade before their only legit source is taken offline.

You and I will die eventually

Attached: 1647877340082.gif (220x220, 888.05K)

You are a god damn fuckwit.

Ok, go ahead, endlessly backup your digital games without hacking the console first. Also hope nothing ever happens to that specific console since those games are keyed to it.

>you don't care if you lose access to digital games because you don't care about old games once you already played them.
take meds and stop arguing with imaginary people you created to feel like you are making a point

>EULAs do not hold up in court
Nintendo literally dodged the drift class action lawsuit by claiming a bunch of EULA bullshit. Due to how corrupt our legal system is, nobody is going to review the judge and any potential money he recently received.

Yes but that doesn't fix the issue with digital games expiring.

Psvita is cracked so free psvita games.
My ps3 hasnt been online for 3 years, all games still run.
Also. The games they mentiomed are emulatable.

Didn't they fix the CBOMB last september?

I trust physical WAY fucking more than digital. Just as long as it wasn't released in the last year and a half, where all games are released needing a "day one patch".

Is it wrong in this case?

>he didnt hack his vita to pirate the whole library
ngmi paypig

Touch grass and look at your own digitards, like I said that is the most common argument I have seen from people defending digital on console. It's not something I made up.

They didn't dodge it, the lawsuit is still on, that was them trying to deflect it. Sony tried a similar tactic when the PSP had a defective button, it didn't work.

nothing that homebrew can't fix.

This has never happened to me? Do these retards leave things in the sun or something?

If buy digital only then don't bother with consoles, just get a PC. There's literally no reason to buy consoles anymore.

>Still making shit up
Mindbroken retard

don't care, still pirate. fuck physicalfags and fuck paypigs. i'll get my games for free on the internet

Attached: meirl.png (976x658, 257.19K)

I'm upset I didn't learn this earlier.
Steam is unironically eternal, or at least for our earthly time here.
Or just pirate I guess

He's not wrong.
Never buy digital.

Now everyone is going back to physical

Attached: 1642774628520.gif (225x255, 2.41M)

Digicucks
Digital cuckolds
Digicucks are the faggots

It happens over time. 20 or so years.

I will probably start downloading every fucking game in existence (at least the one I'd like to keep) from past consoles
any tips on how to start?

Attached: 1645583877385.gif (640x480, 2.61M)

Even without disc rot just try buying a PS2 that doesn't have a fever fucked up disc-drive. Literally impossible. It'd be easier to buy an external drive, rip the disc to your PC and play it on an emulator.

based
however, I will also continue burning my games into disc's

This is what you all fucking wanted.

gazelle games

no games

With proper handling, discs typically have a shelf life of 100 or more years, but disc rot can happen much sooner for a variety of factors, such as bad manufacturing, poor handling, and environmental factors

>own physical assets
>get repossessed to pay off the debts 99.9% of people own
WOW

Good thing I've still got my PS1 disc of FFVI and guess what, PS3 plays PS1 discs. Your move, PSN

>buy physical
>it's just a code to download the game
ishygddt

I think the disc drive on my fat PS2 went because the colors and pixels are completely fucked. I got a skinny and it also has visual error but it's negligible

Maybe I just take better care of my stuff, but I've not experienced this with any of my games. Not even the PS1 games I have.