This shit ever coming out?

This shit ever coming out?

Attached: dwarf-fortress.png (1920x1080, 594.82K)

Time is subjective

rimworld is already out though?

The ramps look so stupid

And no, just go play the free version

I want it to auto update

You want it to auto-brick your saves?

yeah

Dwarf Fortress is already out. You can go play it now.

What exactly coming out? Steam version with tile set? Maybe.
Finished version of Dwarf Fortress? Never ever, because it's an incredibly CPU-demanding game that can't utilize modern CPUs, already performs way slower than intended due to feature bloat which won't stop, and there is no way author will ever rework decade worth of spaghetti c++ code to solve this. Your only hope is Toady dying of corona, sources becoming publicly available, and community optimizing them through sheer autism.

based

Dwarf fortress is not a game you hype for. Let the new of a new update come to you and then get hype for when your addons gets updated.

DO you have to buy it on steam or do you just show a receipt for a BLM donation and you get a key?

haha i'm conflating video games with politics again mom xD

rimworld exists tho

what the fuck is this lmao

Attached: wtf.png (235x419, 20K)

This is just bad art and the guy making it can't into perspective.

now look at the tree trunks.

I remeber wishlisting it years ago
>inb4 rimworld
rimworld doesn't have a z-axis and there are no cool automation
oxygen not included is more similar to DF than rimworld

now explain this

Attached: Untitled.png (130x119, 6.82K)

>newfag thinks anything Dwarf Fort is gunna actually be done in a year or two
mate thanks to toady fucking around with this shit for ~5 years we're gunna have to wait
>3~5 more years for the Villian Update pt 2
>5~8 years for the Magic update
>another 5 years after that for the economy update
i feel sorry for botefag, he's probably died of old age by now

but yeah, my advice
if you want to play DF some time before you're in a retirement home, just download the lazy noob pack for version 0.34 and play that.
nu-dorf is possed and ruined, and no amount of """""""UI fixes"""""""" slapped on by scam merchants is gunna stop the game from being a janky mess

Attached: 1538169607444.gif (295x331, 2.09M)

what do you expect when the guy in charge is literally the richfag germankid scam artist who ruined the game's modding community single handedly?

Attached: 1539610091828.jpg (640x509, 131.76K)

Story time.

A fancy skin over the original game isn't going to be enough for some people. The game is pretty good and was amazing for its time but its got some fundamental flaws that need to be altered.
One Big part of the game is managing/defending your colony and its trivial once you know basics. I suspect the game actually might be more balanced with an even higher population count, something like 1000-2000 but it would melt the single CPU core the game runs on.

>for some people
For almost anyone. The main audience with the steam version has to be entirely people who already have played it.

He got let go from the project actually, I think due to potential plagiarized assets.

>all these people waiting for the steam release
>know they going to get filtered immediately
This is going to have one of the lowest steam review ratings of all time.

Attached: 1507569441290.jpg (406x342, 46.59K)

>wasted 3 years on Steam shit which is objectively worse than tileset with TWBT instead of magic

If you had ever seen the game before you wouldn't ask

They tossed the main designer for wrong thinking and had to redo all of his sprite work

Can't wait to watch the DF community implode in an amazing display of autism when Toady dies with the game unfinished, and they all fight over claim for who is "worthy enough" to finish it

Did they improve the UI yet?

It will still bump sales because of people who are scared of ASCII graphics but know about the game.
It makes the game more discernible for normies when streamed, too, so some twitch kids will get scooped into buying that way. Though the only semi 'big' streamers that play it much off the top of my head are some of the vinesauce guys.

I am personally going to buy/refund it just to write a review shitting on performance, and I definitely won't be alone in doing this. I don't give a fuck what has to happen, I just want to play DF with normal fortress, normal amount of features and normal FPS.

yes just like the developer is doing, try to keep up

He flat out admitted he was using plagiarized stuff as "placeholders"

>am I not retarded anymore?
Nope you still are, sorry bro

the superior item already exists

Attached: file.png (460x215, 99.95K)

No the game was meant for you to keep things capped at 8 dwarves, smashing garbage with a drawbridge and using a third party tool to clear stains to maintain 20ups. You are being unrealistic.

>no z levels
>requires modding for any sort of interesting content
>literaly artificial difficulty
>managing 100 drunk dorfs > managing 10 sissy colonists

>2013 or so
>german kid on bay12 starts making a modpack
>blatantly steals people's mods without permission
>edits their mods so they're reliant on his launcher
>starts collecting patreon donations
>at one point was making 2~3x more in monthly donations than Toady actually was
>naturally modders just stopped uploading their mods
>even /dfg/ modders refused to share their mods on the thread
>modding community dies
>he fucks off to Syria for a "cycling holiday" because he's a richfag in real life and completely disconnected from reality
>soldiers beat him, claim he's a spy, takes his harddrive that has "the only copy" of his mod/modding tools
>claims he has to abandon the project cuz "lmao i dont have any backups"
>up until this point his fanboys violently defended his actions thinking he was the saviour of DF
>by this stage now even his fans were starting to get suspicious
>cunt disappears almost entirely from the internet after that

then a few years later
>Toady's brother gets cancer
>he almost dies but survives because he just pays the $80/mo or w/e for healthcare
>toady panics because he's too cheap to just do the same
>toady's also a retard that doesnt realise that he could live literally anywhere in the world as a Digital Nomad on his 9k/mo of DF donations
>decides to sell out
>picks his dev team based entirely on their post count on the Bay12 forums
>naturally picks M*ph plus a bunch of canadian trannies that have never actually played DF and who just used bay12 as their safe space
and that's where we are now

all the actual fans of DF have either moved on or play heavily modded old versions because the game's development has honestly been complete ass since 2014

a real shame too, DF was fucking awesome for a long time there and people thought itd be immune from all internet drama and SJW pozzing, but yet here we are.

the game literally died because of inaction on a guy stealing mods and cuz the US doesnt have a functioning healthcare system

Attached: 1622415600317.webm (1152x700, 707.94K)

sauce ?

>muh Z levels!
cope

I'm not buying this game because Toady's made some post about nigger lives or something.
Plus, it's been so long and DF dev is so slow that it's the old man of the genre and its derivatives have surpassed it.

I've been playing it for years, I understand Dwarf Fortress and you're an idiot for not seeing how much better the UI can be without sacrificing complexity

>its derivatives have surpassed it.
Such as?

>>muh Z levels!
>cope
Seethe and dilate

Also
>paying for a game that needs mods for content

not him and longtime DF enjoyer here
>rimworld is better if you just want to actually manage a colony
>ONI is better if you want to do autism with machines, liquids, pipes, gasses etc
>DF adventure mode is ass and apart from "OPEN WORLD" its worse than basically any other roguelike
>development on fort mode features has basically been abandoned for almost 10 years thanks to the dev focusing on adventure mode shit and making the normie Steam version for bads that dont know what hotkeys are

the only thing DF really does well anymore is scale
but even then you have to play old versions to do that
modern versions lag like fuck after a year or two because of bloat and later features from 2014 and 2016 reducing the framerate by 70%

>implying you need to pay
also
>muh z levels
>nah baby you dont understaand i need to have a 30 level high, easely blockable and cheesable shaft between my base and real danger
mald

>scale
oops meant to post this
for me the one thing that keeps me coming back to DF is the 250-man forts and the 400+ unit invasions

Attached: 1405156507375.gif (1266x712, 1.61M)

Are they fixing fps death? That's the only thing that I care about

I literally only use dwarf fortress to create worlds for table top games

That'd require re-coding the entire game most likely since toady can't code.

How can I play the game looking like that?

this
it's still a great game if you're a drawfag, mapfag or if you use it for procedural map/world/civ/history generation for pen and paper games.
need to DM a D&D session and you only have 30min to prepare?
just generate a DF world, export the map to Legendsviewer and boom you're good to go

FPS death is caused by
>unit pathing (which cant really be fixed)
>game is single-threaded (which cant be fixed)
>OPEN WORLD features added in 2014 which lag the game like fuck (this easily causes 60% FPS drop by itself)
>bloat because the last 8 years of updates have added basically just flavour text and no actual content

you can't

>rimworld is better if you want to manage a colony
Not really, plus rimworld looks unbearably fucking ugly. It's literally a prison architect asset rip that the dev was too cheap to replace despite his constant reassurances.

I love Rimworld and it would be so much better with Z levels. Let me build the Glitterworld tower of my dreams.

this fucks with my eyes
who thought it was a good idea

>plus rimworld looks unbearably fucking ugly
i agree with you there

>who thought it was a good idea
this guy
and he didnt even come up with it on his own
he just blatantly stole art and assets from other people to make the official Steam tileset that you cucks are gunna pay $30 for (with $10 only going to the actual game dev, the other $20 going to Gaben and Canadian trannies)

Nobody who actually plays df is interested in the steam version. Its sole purpose is to pander to the reddit normie youtube audience.

>doesnt even mention songs of syx

I'm more excited for the UI overhaul than the official tileset, shit looks really nice from what they've shown, an official Therapist, a military screen that isn't aids, hopefully it turns out well in the end

This. You can just build a killbox and and delete conventional raids anyway, if you lose in rimworld its because the game decided it was time to give your colonists all aids.

Let us build cool shit and design compact bases.

yep exactly this

I am going to play the steam version just so i can note down any kind of improvements i might add to my own version. Then i will fuck off to my autism outlet.