Magic is no easy mode

After finishing Elden Ring melee, I tried a mage build, expecting an easy mode. It's not.

>have to manage FP and chuck flasks, or you're a sitting duck
>low vigor, no heavy armor -> game over very fast
>enemies dodge and block magic
>some are very resistant to it

Whenever STR Chuds tell you that magic is easy mode and mages haven't beat the game, it's not true.

Attached: rennala elden ring.jpg (850x1246, 209.15K)

magic becomes ez lategame but yeah, early on big bonk staggering weapons with bleed / cold are definitely easy mode all game, especially against "hard" bosses like malenia

midgame can be rougher but early/lategame is ezmodo

Use ashes and grab gravity WA to have an INT scaling weapon early.

>Early game
STR easy
INT hard
>Late game
STR easy
INT hard

Go Dex user

I've done playthroughs with pretty much all playstyles, 2 with magic actually.
There is absolutely no doubt that it is easy mode, if you disagree then you INT character was just terribly built and you don't know how to play.
>>have to manage FP and chuck flasks, or you're a sitting duck
Not really, you have access to magic infused weapons that do as much as those of dedicated melee builds, also you can use cold infusions which utterly wreck many bosses.
>low vigor, no heavy armor -> game over very fast
Not true at all either, my 80 Int build also has 50 Vigor at 120, you just don't understand how to build your character.
You can't wear bullgoat armor but that's hardly necessary when you do so much more damage than most other builds and can do most of it from range.
>enemies dodge and block magic
And enemies smack you in the face and kill you if you mindlessly spam melee attacks, of course you still need to time things somewhat against some enemies.
>some are very resistant to it
That's what you have frost and spells that do other damage types for.

tl;dr you're literally too retarded to even play the easy mode of the game well and I hope you won't have children.

a sonic thread died for this...

STR is the hardest

Go get meteorite staff and rock sling. congrats you've unlocked easy mode

>comet_azur_deletes_boss.webm

>Overworld
>Magic easy
>Boss fights/enclosed spaces
>Magic hard
Annoying when retards see one video of some dude who shits out every single buff, pre-places, Terra Magica, stands 5 years away from the enemy or chooses a slow moving enemy, drinks physique, then comet azurs, and then you get people going "SEE! SEE! MAGIC IS CHEATING", when you literally can't do all that prep in 90% of scenarios.

That doesn't guarantee easy mode, it makes magic more bearable but you can't just go spamming rocks at everything, you would know that if you played mage

you are just a fucking retard

I can't even set up terra magica unless I'm co-oping someone else, I hear that is an S tier spell but IMO is not, is a fucking dead sentence.

>you would know that if you played mage
Right...right.

Attached: malik1.webm (1024x576, 2.99M)

note how he actually skillfully dodged several attacks.

>Magic
>Low vigor
>No Heavy armor
Lol. Lmao even.
This post was made by the cleric gang

you just suck

Imagine the sex with Rennala

>2 attacks miss him regardless
>dodges 1
kek

Are their fist weapons in this game? Can I just punch people to death?

she is mindbroken

I've done both a colossal greatsword STR/FAI and a LMAO2KAT int/dex build and the latter is vastly vastly easier outside of very specific fights that reward high posture damage against multiple targets.
You can teleport to the sellia crystal tunnel from the word go to get a staff and gravity spell that will literally carry you through the entire game, plus moonveil for melee.
It took me about 60 hours to beat the game with the STR character at level 130, my dick-ass dex caster is at Elden beast in half that time at level 80

>note how he dodged 3 attacks
>in a way that doesn't even need to leave him close because of the ridiculous range on his spells
try dodging 50 attacks while also only being able to punish when you manage to dodge and stay close enough to land a hit

It was purely panic rolling desu. I was just trying to kill him fast enough to fit into a semi-decent quality webm.
exactly this, but it worked out well enough

strcucks are trying to deflect away from their favorite crutch - jump attacks (especially dual colossal weapon jump attacks)
>high range
>fast execution and recovery
>high damage (with multiple talismans boosting the damage even further)
>very, very high posture damage, which leads to free crits - other players have to earn their crits
>built-in evasion
>little to no resource usage - just some stamina
>little to no setup - just put the weapons in your hands and press jump then attack
it is the biggest crutch in the game, far worse than magic and bleed/frost builds
if you used jump attacks
YOU DIDN'T BEAT THE GAME

Yes.

>try dodging 50 attacks
so do mages, brainlet. you won't be one-shotting bosses outside of stages comet azur webms

>tfw my spellcuck friend is struggling while I spam 1300 damage jump attacks with my golem halberds

Yeah by my dick

that's great! i'm glad you enjoyed it
but you didn't beat the game

>jump attacks
ydnbtg

>depending on how you look at it she either got cucked by a tranny, her husband left her to go jerk off, or both

I'm sorry to tell you this user, but she most likely has awful, terrible, fucking GARBAGE pussy.

Meanwhile me with my winged scythe have to dodge like a 100 hits including blood slashes from behind the pillars, hitting for 600 hp with 55 fth and 30 dex, INT is baby mode and only an absolute retard would argue otherwise

I know I havent beaten it, usually I get bored of these before I get to the final boss

>low vigor
>no heavy armor
Why? You just built a shitty character, there's no reason not to have at least 40 vigor, and the great jar's arsenal charm is incredibly easy to obtain

>STR Chuds
You sounds very insecure pal.

Oh yes user.

>level 793

Who the fuck needs vigor? The game has so many overpowered tools that nothing can hurt you if you just use them. Not everyone is doing the shitty pvp user.

Attached: 1647871545736.jpg (640x468, 110.54K)

First playthrough used str faith. Next started Int. Killing things without worry about getting close to them was ezpz.

This
You don't need vigor as a caster until Farum Azula

Clearly this specific braindead shitter needs vigor or he wouldn't have made a thread about how hard it is to play a caster

I'm doing Ranni's quest (haven't even reached Atlus) and I have 20 vigor, everything one shoots me.

>You didn't play it right if you did it this way!
>You need to play it exactly the way I did!
>How dare you have an easier time with the game!
Who FUCKING cares? Why would I ever care that some limp dick little sissy on Yea Forums thinks I didn't beat the game? My god for the past several months it's just been threads of you third world basement niggers just arguing about who had a harder time with the game. What is it about Soulsfans that makes them so fucking retarded and insecure?

No build in this game is hard, but vigor is specifically for your first playthrough and pvp. For everyone else it's unnecessary.

>Use ashes
but I want to beat the game

>notice the immense skill he used by pressing circle a couple times

THEN WHY PUT POINTS INTO IN THE FIRST PLACE? LEARN TO FUCKIN READ ATTACKS, YOU POOPOO EATER.

Also, just sprint everywhere. No point in fighting anything but the bosses.

if a meleecuck did it, you would be praising his capabilities

To be a true chad you have to play an ACTUAL mage.

None of that dexy-katana bullshit.

No.

My mage has the astrologer starting stats, except:
71 intelligence
38 mind
13 endurance

If you level up strength or dex AT ALL you aren't truly a mage. You're just a pleb wearing wizard robes.

How viable is it? Is it fun?
Can I be a fist wizard? Or is a melee/magic build not realistically feasible

even pro gamers level vigor because everyone makes one or two mistakes in a while.

Attached: no vigor.png (680x962, 1004.09K)

I was level 130ish i completed Azula before Haligtree and Elden beast.
This, i only had 15 vigor up to level 100+. and just used whatever light armor i liked the look of.
Playing glasscanon is the best way to play sorcerer, the only thing that will give you trouble are random mobs in dungeons if you don't pay attention. All bosses are easy except for Rykard and Malenia

Attached: adulas3.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

>Everything one-shots me
Stop getting hit

>who the fuck needs vigor

Attached: l_NazikES3Cck7Y2(1).webm (1280x720, 2.23M)

>not getting dex for cast speed

They level vigor because they care about pvp. All I care about is my weapon or my spell making big numbers appear. I don't even touch the multiplayer beyond occasionally helping someone fight a boss.

nice tranny toon

>Souls PvP
Not even once

Attached: laughing-hysterically-hahaha.gif (480x228, 1.34M)

Exactly. You don't pick up dex for cast speed because that's for faggots who are fake-mages. A true mage needs only his intelligence, his mind, and enough endurance to read lots of spells.

Everything else is bullshit non-mage "DUR MAGIC GOOD" retardation used by ninjas who like to wear wizard hats.

I'll be in my wizard tower if you need me.

Literally only a problem if you deal with multiplayer. Did you even read the post you're replying to?

Attached: 1649480947895.png (584x751, 659.38K)

>High damage with auto-tracking spells

Play like ranged build like a man. Take the bow pill.

Attached: Elden-Ring-Black-Bow-1.png (200x200, 5.06K)

you have to get 16 str for the dark moon greatsword or you won't be ranni's real husbando

>female = tranny
Go outside

Only warriors wield big swords. I don't get what is so hard to understand.

True wizards don't need a "dark not-mage lamesword".

True wizards wield shitty weapons with their meager weak arms while casting magic. Otherwise you aren't getting the magic experience.

Sunbros>offline chads>normies>hunters>>>>invasionlets
Souls PvP has always been terrible

Spirits help with that too.

>not playing with taunter's tongue activated at all times
ydnbtg