Dgimon

A franchise in mismanagement since day 1.

Tell me how the digimon logo looks like then look at the picture.

Simply look at this.

Attached: Digimon-Logo-history.jpg (3750x3279, 742.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUOQ6uYs-HU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are you trying to show us here

>What are you trying to show us here
Tell me what the pokemon logo is and post it.
Now tell me what the digimon logo is.

See the problem.
>What are you trying to show us here

Digimon is a mismanaged franchise and the logo is the tip of the iceberg. For example the pokemon anime and games work together same for Yu-Gi-Oh anime and game.

Digimon ? Fuck lol.
What people want in a game :
>Hey i can catch all these monsters and use them
>I like mon so where can I find this mon in this game ?

In pokemon it is the case.

Digimon ? Fuck lol, anime is literally
>You get this one mon and can not change or swap and he is with you forever.
>The end !

They later tried to change it a little with more mons however the franchise can never commit to this.

See the problem of Digimon VS Pokemon ?

Attached: figura-metal-greymon-digimon-adventure-22cm-800x800.jpg (800x800, 112.58K)

>OP surprised tamagotchi spin-off is similar to tamagotchi

You're an autist. Go to sleep.

Surely you knew this was coming right OP?

Attached: QxcoTBiJqqWQsIIDs4D9PEISM2F_eXjSX_SnMF9K0Dc.png (1297x2305, 3.2M)

Do you think digimon would have gotten bigger if it let you collect / scan all digimon ?
I was thinking if someone took all the elements of the franchise and amplified the good ones and minimized the bad ones.

For example there are 3 types of mons (this already exists in the franchise)

1: Free mons basically good most of the time
2: replicant mons basically made out of a fake substance and used for evil not real creatures, created by taking a digicode and manipulating evil black goo into turning into a replicant mon.
3: Enslaved ones: Basically evil device is stuck to a free mon and is used to control it.

So basically the game is where you have humans and digimon living together however the entire world is infested with evil replicants because some guy is doing evil. Since they are not real digimon you can kill them.

Digimon code AKA digimon DNA is basically a code that shows up when a digimon is about to die it can be scanned (picture, this exists in the franchise) if you scan it with your digivice you have it stored in the digivice.

Here is how the "capturing" works. You go on adventures and get a real digimon on the start, basic fighting nothing special. You can let your digimon rest in your digivice (this already exists in the franchise) in the anime it can get out on its own etc (this already exists in the franchise) . However 1 digivice = multiple digimon not like a pokeball.

Now other real digimon can join you and it looks like in any other RPG. However here is the pokemon like thing.

Digicode exists in the world and can be scanned and stored in the digivice (this already exists in the franchise). Why is this interesting ? You can scan replicants you battle since after you smash them you can scan their code to have them.

Since you can create replicants of your own. Simply take the digicode and summon out a replicant of your own, this is not a real digimon and exists only to do your commands.

1/2

Attached: 320px-DF05_Snimon_Digicode.jpg (320x240, 13.98K)

This gives you pokemon like capturing and use of mons.
Also digicode is far more interesting then a pokebal etc.

You can simply get digicode in the games from various places. Ancient digicode carved into a mountain in a cave ? You can scan it and use this mon from now on.
Real digimon can let you scan their code so you can create replicates of them.

This sidesteps the implication of pokemon where its basically you enslaving some animals in the wild.
In some alternative timeline I imagine that the first digimon red/blue game shows up and you are limited to storing X number of digimon and need to do PC storage shenanigans to swap out digimon/digimon code.

Later games basically ditch the concept of a PC and you simpyl select what digimon or code to use to get a digimon replicant or real. This creates a interesting precedent why the digivices changed since now in the later games they do not need a PC system and can directly store all the digicode in themselves.

What do you think /vp/ would this kind of game play appeal to you ?

Attached: episode-image-400x225.jpg (400x225, 17.21K)

They jumped the shark after sun and moon.
In Sun and moon it was 50:50 After that ~70% of the space is taken by the current game version.

No, because it's not Digimon at its core which is what I'd want out of a Digimon game. If I wanted pokemon I'd play Pokemon.

>No, because it's not Digimon at its core
What makes a game digimon at its core ?

>If I wanted pokemon I'd play Pokemon.
You sound like someone who call any FPS a Doom-clone.
Are you opposed to other games having FPS mechanics ?

>user goes over how this makes Digimon more like Pokemon, in plain and simple english
Here's your (You), spend it wisely.
Digimon at its core would be a game that focuses on only one to three Digimon per human character. It's a battle tomagatchi series, you aren't supposed to catch em all, you're supposed to raise and bond with a single monster, maybe two or three depending on how well you can manage your time. Yes, I'm aware some games like Cyber Sleuth buck that trend with their main character, but I actually consider those flaws in said games even if the player character are pretty plainly laid out as anomalies for having huge parties of Digimon while most people only have 1 to 3.

That's just digimon discussion, it goes on /vg/.
>See the problem of Digimon VS Pokemon ?
That's not an actual thing.

>They jumped the shark after sun and moon.
You mean XY, Discord.

>Now tell me what the digimon logo is.
The word Digimon with a monster in place of the O? After that it's the word Digimon with a Digivice behind it. After that it's just the word Digimon for a while, occasionally with a Digivice behind it.

>Digimon is a mismanaged franchise.
I wouldn't say that, they seem to understand these days that they're SMT-lite.

>For example the pokemon anime and games work together same for Yu-Gi-Oh anime and game.
So does Digimon though. Their anime exists to sell V-Pets in the same way Pokemon's exists to sell plush toys and video games and cards (mostly plush toys and cards). It's a pretty niche thing, but people still buy the V-Pets.

Digimon ? Fuck lol, anime is literally
>You get this one mon and can not change or swap and he is with you forever.
>The end !
Because you only have one monster in the actual V-Pet. Of course they changed it for the Digimon World video game series and expanded this to a roster of 6 to 9 monsters, but that's because Digimon World games are long RPGs whereby you need several party members to fulfill several various roles. Also, being console games, they allow for the raising of multiple creatures much more readily than a V-Pet. As it would happen, Digimon does have games where you can only use one monster at a time though, until it dies, just like the V-Pets. But these are V-Pet simulators and not traditional RPGs.

>See the problem of Digimon vs Pokemon ?
Not really. They both do different things and Digimon is much more conducive to telling more complex and creative stories about the human heart because it is set in our world with the backdrop of a fantasy kitchen sink, something that inherently lends itself well to philosophical discussions, which are the crux of monster-based proxy battle anime. The absence of this is why the anime and various other forms of Pokemon media always feel stale and lacking in comparison to literally anything else.

But Digimon-based RPGs already have a system of scanning and then replicating Digimon to have them join your team. So I don't understand exactly what your pitch accomplishes or proves besides you being an idiot. If anything it takes the teeth out of Digimon by de-valuing the enemies. It blankets the enemies with a special clause that "they're not real Digimon, so what you're doing is OK" even though this system has always been in place without ever doing anything to set your enemies apart from the Digimon you're using to kill them.

Taking the teeth out of a franchise to make it more Pokemon like is a bad idea. Pokemon might be one of the biggest franchise's in the world, but nobody actually respects it as anything more than a children's time waster.

Cool, but I'm still going to recommend Dawn/Dusk to people which includes snoring loudly into your ear every time you open the menu.

Attached: Digimon_Dawn_Dusk_boxart.jpg (250x446, 51.78K)

>I wouldn't say that, they seem to understand these days that they're SMT-lite.
I think they where far more mismanaged in the game department see digimon world 1 WTF !
youtube.com/watch?v=NUOQ6uYs-HU

Digimon ha some really bizarre games and it was during the time when mon games where ultra popular, if they did have solid games and not french indie experimental games it look far better.

I mean WTF !
>What if we make a mon game where the evolution depends on how you threat your mon while it is a child ?
>What if all mons have a limited lifespan and will die of old age ?
>What if every digimon literally has 3 lives and will literally die if its last life is destroyed.

I mean WTF ! This does not a competitor to pokemon make.

It is like some indie experimental idea.
>Not really

See above, game killing ideas are these:
>Fear of loss : Digimon world literally gives your mons a limited lifespan and basically death
This is something humans do not like and especially children so this ensures the kids will not get attached to their mons like in pokemon. Fuck even if you make a gun shooting game and I tell you that after you lose 3 battles or over time your guns will break and it is really hard to get them you will be pissed.

>Uncertainty : You do not really know what digimon you will get in evolution VS Pokemon
Once more a real stumbling block.

>Complexity : needing to learn what obscure BS you need to do to get X mon is tiresome
Especially if it comes to children and these games where targeted at children.

In fairness to Cyber Sleuth, getting the most out of any one Digimon requires investing lots of time in it, with some monsters being easier to raise than others. So they do at least try to maintain the monster-rearing aspect in some ways. Something I think they do better than Pokemon, honestly.

Digimon was not ever trying to compete with Pokemon. Monsters are not as uncommon in Japanese media as they are in the West. Digimon has only always tried to be Digimon. Retards like you conflate them because of -mon.

By the way, Digimon World is beloved and fondly remembered, just saying.

>valuing the enemies. It blankets the enemies with a special clause that "they're not real Digimon, so what you're doing is OK" even though this system has always been in place without ever doing anything to set your enemies apart from the Digimon you're using to kill them.
Yea I wanted a classic RPG world populated with monsters that you battle all the time without needing to worry about it.

>It blankets the enemies with a special clause that "they're not real Digimon, so what you're doing is OK
What is wrong with that ?
How do digimon games explain why its Ok to fight these digimon that are the RPG monsters ?

>>It blankets the enemies with a special clause that "they're not real Digimon, so what you're doing is OK
The digimon anime did this in season 2.
So .... complain to them....
I wanted to have a distinction between basically cannon fodder to be killed in mass grinded farmed and used to scan some codes VS the story important evil digimon whose death will have meaning since they are real.

PS:
>It blankets the enemies with a special clause that "they're not real Digimon, so what you're doing is OK
Did some jap RPG not do the same thing ? It sounds like some trope.

Attached: FFVIPixelRemaster_Crossbow_020922.0.jpg (1200x800, 203.75K)

>What's a gameplay loop lmao
Digimon reincarnate and you start from square 1 with a fresh egg when they die, but you're supposed to both have better tools to raise the new Digimon faster, and have more experience to not make mistakes raising them resulting in a stronger monster with more time you can spend progressing.

>Taking the teeth out of a franchise
What is the real teeth of digimon games. I remind you all I have proposed was used in one season of the anime or another. So you must be talking about the games ?

>to make it more Pokemon like
Yep You got me. I wanted to make a pokemon style game and I was not hiding it. My theory is that pokemon games are so popular because you can select what mon you want to use. Only you need to capture it first. I tihnk this is the core what makes pokemon games so interesting.

MY theory.

I do not see this as a bad thing the same way I do not see anything bad if I copy doom to make a FPS.

Attached: mka-character_select.jpg (425x299, 70.97K)

>How do digimon games explain why its Ok to fight these digimon that are the RPG monsters ?
They don't explain "why" it's okay, because that hurts the story. It's okay to fight a giant monster attacking you because it's attacking you. That's just how it is.

>The digimon anime did this in season 2.
Everyone hates Season 2, even the writers. Konaka thought S2 was so bad he wanted to leave even while under contract. Hence why the best Digimon season, Tamers, was born. They gave Konaka a show to keep him on.

>I wanted to have a distinction between basically cannon fodder to be killed in mass grinded farmed and used to scan some codes VS the story important evil digimon whose death will have meaning since they are real.
You're a retard then.

>Did some jap RPG not do the same thing ? It sounds like some trope.
It's called being full of shit.

Your theory is shit. Play an actual Digimon game for once, or better yet, stop pretending to be an ESL retard on /vp/ and get a job.

What are the best digimon games to play ?

>Because you only have one monster in the actual V-Pet.
So you are saying the digimon franchise was doomed to be on the margins because its V-pen origins shackled it ?

of course OP is a stupid Americunt tranny lol

>It's called being full of shit.
Stay mad.

>Everyone hates Season 2,
S2 is good.

>Your theory is shit
Why do angry ?

>Play an actual Digimon game for once
Recommend me a good game, there are some very bizarre games in the franchise and this can be a barrier for people.

>>What's a gameplay loop lmao
Game loops are pointless BS. Tell me how that looks in pokemon ?

Digimon peaked with World DS and World Championship

02 is a mess but it's got merits. It's held back by nobody really agreeing on where they wanted to take the story as well as tying shit to the Wonderswan games, but it's got good character moments and some good allusions to some deeper Adventure lore.
>Catch Pokemon
>Level Pokemon
>Fight boss of some type (gym/elite four/trial)
Yeah that's a gameplay loop alright.

Digimon have multiple paths for evolution though so you aren't necessarily stuck with the same mon. Also I find that unlike Pokemon the appeal is raising the digimon more than battling. Pokemon may have better combat, but one of the things that always brings me back to the digimon world games is actually raising a powerful digimon. Evolution with Pokemon is just purely a numbers game.

Post pokemon that make you wish you can de-evolve like in digimon

Attached: file.png (225x225, 45.09K)

>Yeah that's a gameplay loop alright.
You notice:
>Pokemon dies (old age or battle)
>Do the same raising of the pokemon
Is not there.

Are you being purposefully obtuse or are you just dense and don't know what a core gameplay loop means.

Why is he getting more ugly with every evolution ?

Attached: 1200px-815Cinderace.png (1200x1200, 359.1K)

>Are you being purposefully obtuse
game loop theory is bulllshit and does not fit with good games or it is literally forced rationalizations.

>don't know what a core gameplay loop means.
Here is a different position game loop theory is 100% bullshit and you look only even more stupid for pretending to understand that made up BS.

Obtuse it is then, have a horrible day.

>Are you being purposefully obtuse
Notice how he pretends that I did not say

>You notice:
>>Pokemon dies (old age or battle)
>>Do the same raising of the pokemon
>Is not there.

This and is trying to change the subject.

>02 is a mess
I think 02's problem was that they were clearly hyping Milleniummon as the big bad guy, but changed it to Myotismon again due to lower ratings. Digimon fans aren't exaggerating when they say Bandai is constantly trying to cash in on Adventure 01 nostalgia. Ironically the same problem Pokemon has. But I have ti admit, seeing Malomyotismon resurrected and torturing his minions scared the shit out if me as a kid.

>I literally can not defend game loop theory.
Will one of you fags even try to defend it ?

Game loop theory is on the same level as button press theory
>You press a button
>Then you release a button and do not press a button for some time

Every game can be described like this.
Only it is incredibly shallow and contributes nothing of value to any discussion.

The fact that you need to force a game loop interpretation on most games who are not phone scam shit proves this.

Mad because Pokemon has a gameplay loop that leads to progression in the game huh

>seeing Malomyotismon resurrected and torturing his minions scared the shit out if me as a kid.
I did think it was cool as a kid.

>I think 02's problem
I think most digimon anime problem is that the end makes no sense whatsoever.

WTF was this guys problem ? And no it is not a shit dub issue, it is equally nonsensical in the original.

Lots of anime have nonsense endings.

>Something, Something, Something, evolution bad
>Something, Something, Something, made from digimon left from evolution
Yea however reincarnation is real in the digimon world so how the fuck do you exist ? All dead digimon reincarnate.

WTF ? Literally villain out of nowhere, nonsense talk, and most BS return from death of the kids and win.

Attached: Apocalymon_b.jpg (320x320, 67.93K)

>It is a loop even if you progress, because I say so

Attached: stupid-retarded.gif (498x216, 125.61K)

You don't actually understand what a core gameplay loop is. Even in Digimon World you progress in the loop. In Pokemon you beat the boss to unlock new areas to level faster to beat the next boss until you beat the game, that's also a gameplay loop. I'm sorry you can't comprehend this. Nice selfie though.

>You don't actually understand what a core gameplay loop is.
Defend game loop theory. Literally no one can.

The idea is a forced and stupid way of thinking about games that has little to no relation to most game especially good games, this is why literally everything needs to be forced into this theory and I have seen far out retardation on this subject.

> you beat the boss
You opinion in button press theory ! Are you not doing this in every game even pokemon
>Press button
>Period of time when you do not press the button

React to this.

Attached: Mario-core-loop-1024x869.png (1024x869, 308.2K)

Frankly I don't have to defend the theory, because I'm not saying every game fits neatly into the theory. I'm saying Pokemon fits neatly into the concept of having a core gameplay loop and your strawman "press button" argument is frankly laughable. You also seem to think that a loop means you can't progress which is just wrong.

>Frankly I don't have to defend the theory
You do if you are going to play your postmodern sociologist persona all over the place.

>because I'm not saying every game fits neatly into the theory.
However you will pretend every game fits into it.

>your strawman
It is not a strawman it is a theory that literally can describe every game in a far better way then you game loop theory. Are you denying that you are not pressing buttons in a game ? We can even measure the frequency of you pressing buttons and not pressing them.

> I'm saying Pokemon fits neatly into the concept of having a core gameplay loop and your strawman
And everyone has his own special snowflake interpretation of what this means.This proves that the game loop theory is horse shit and you should stop parading like it is obvious.

Only postmodern fagots love the theory to say literally nothing.

>Pokemon
Here is the think I have seen people say that pokemon has the loop that includes catching new pokemon, here is the problem you can beat most of these games if not all of them with only your starter and hardly ever catch new pokemon, fuck most people did this as kids.

So what catching is not part of the loop or what ? You need to stop sniffing your postmodern farts and realize the theory is bullshit.

Here is the truth there indeed is a loop in every game only it is nothing like what your postmodern loop theory pushes.

You want to know what the loop is ?
>Calculate projectile collisions
>Calculate damage if collision
>If HP = 0 mark creature as dead
>Do death creature removal
>Go to start

Same for movement or checking if you can move (for example a wall) only this is boring and very low level and technical.

Attached: 1_X3y02a8kMo5aiz5g7f36iA.png (1152x613, 167.96K)

Digimon games don't have a set genre. Digimon fans typically enjoy World 1-3 although they only share the monsters and World in the name, 4 has its own community, Cyber Sluts is the shilled Pokemon clone, and Re;Digitize had Yea Forums threads for a week or two when the fan translation came out and people did their playthroughs. The DS Story games (World subtitle in Japanese has companions like OP wants, Story subtitle in Japanese is Pokeclone) are enjoyable if they seem like something you want to play. Then you have old side games like Rumble Arena 1&2 and Battle Spirits 1&2 (PS1 and GBA Smash-like clones) and even a GBA kart game. For the past 8 years or so they have released mobile games too. Survive is the next console game, but during the awful Digimoncon a month or two ago they said it's delayed again and it would be 70% visual novel and 30% SRPG. Confirmation of a new Story game in development was also given.

I said all of that but I actually haven't played more than 2-3 Digimon games. Most don't appeal to me. Try looking at the gameplay of the games and see if any of them interest you.

wasn't this guy's exitence actively stopping the reincarnation cycle? so all the dead digimon data was accumulating and festering inside of him, making him more powerful/bitter

This thread has too much text that can be reduced to a single sentence: Digimon games suck, though I don't know what the anime logos have anything to do with that.

Give recommendations for good modern games.

>Digimon games don't have a set genre
>although they only share the monsters and World in the name
Like OP says a mismanaged franchise in the gaming direction.

actually I think it comes down to OP being an autist that can't comprehend that different people can enjoy different things, and that Pokémon and Digimon are not and were never trying to be the same thing.

>wasn't this guy's exitence actively stopping the reincarnation cycle?
Who knows, where do you get this idea from ?
He literally comes out of nowhere when they defeat the last evil master and talks bullshit how evolution is unfair.

Then he kills all the humans and the humans un-kill themselves because they trust in the hart of the cards (or some shit) and the kids can also digivolve all their digimon without the extra crap merch because they trust in the hart of the cards (or some shit) also their max level digimon who where thrown away like trash before own this guy because the kids trust in the hart of the cards (or some shit) .

Watch that scene subbed and try to make sense of it all.

Attached: Vegeta_and_goku_%28P%29.jpg (619x682, 79.83K)

Don't call me Shirley.

>Give recommendations for good modern games.
I'll consider it.

Maybe I was thinking of a different bad guy Digimon. I was sure he had a line about being the manifestation of all the bitterness in the hearts of dead Digimon or some shit

But if he watches the scene subbed he won't know the digimon comes complete with hot and cold water and only gets the crust

1998 logo is pure soul
also, decent digimon game when

>Re;Digitize
Is decode good? Only thing I know about that game is Rina's massive honkers

03 is the best logo though shoutouts to 98 since it works as the more edgy counterpart to tamagotchi that digimon always was
rest are shit but OP's point is hilariously disingenuous anyway since it mixes and matches western and eastern logos and completely ignores that pokemon (the counterpart he immediately brought up two posts in) has never had a consistent logo in Japan either