This thing is fucking ancient by now. A 2016 tablet with 2012 hardware inside...

This thing is fucking ancient by now. A 2016 tablet with 2012 hardware inside. How broke does Nintendo have to be that there is still no Switch successor on the market?

Attached: 1620495092067.jpg (380x560, 71.97K)

keep crying snoys, nintendo won.

A. They're not broke. They did dev one time and are still selling this ship gangbusters even with a Lite and the OLED in prod.
B. They don't have a reason to make a more expensive system they'd earn LESS money on.
C. They'll do it eventually. If you need a powerhouse system on the go get that Steam shit.

Why does it need more power? Games are what matter not graphics also 4k is a massive meme. People want games.

So much of Nintendos business practices are outdated and have been left behind by the broader gaming industry as a whole.

Really shows how far your company can go on just brand recognition alone.

Old tech sure but when games like Kirby are giving new gen releases like Elden Ring a run for its money i hardly see the problem.

Switch has no games though. The dearth of first party titles is unparalleled. And they just pushed back BotW 2 too. A sequel to a game that was just a PORT on the Switch to begin with. Switch is nothing but a port machine.

>Switch has no games though
Keep saying it

>games like Kirby are giving new gen releases like Elden Ring a run for its money
Here's your (You)

Attached: 1644261885169.jpg (673x680, 76.49K)

Will they ever make hardware that is comparable to the other stuff on the market. What is the strategy behind making cheap meme hardware

How you enjoying GTA6 user?

MUH HARDWARE

MUH GRAFFIXS

MUH

MUH

MUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>cinematic experience like Kirby is giving a cinematic experience like Elden Ring a run for its money

Attached: 1644908233953.jpg (241x230, 20.67K)

Nice to know you don't have an argument.
Go back to Twitch, faggot.

>How broke does Nintendo have to be that there is still no Switch successor on the market?
You fundamentally don't understand how this business works, do you? Whew, Jesus, I'm not even going to bother with a real response because literally everything would have to be explained to you.

>Sell aging hardware embedded in a modernized low-cost platform at a massive markup
>Make the 5th best-selling game console of all time
>Print money out the ass
What's Nintendo doing wrong in this equation according to you, exactly?

Attached: 1607503525669.png (1920x1080, 747.09K)

We're in a crash, you idiot.

I'm pretty sure he means in sales instead of internet cool points. Kirby didn't take a dent from releasing in the same window as Elden Ring and actually broke all previous records.
t. Elden Ring enjoyer and Kirby ignorer

You just admitted that Nintendo is scamming customers with an objectively subpar product. Maybe that's admirable if you're a Jew, but the rest of us would like for companies to create real value.

Whats their next gimmick gonna be?

Kirby has literally zero overlap since it is a game geared towards a different demographic (small children and women) on a system that doesn't have Elden Ring or any other games this year

>PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANIES SHOULD CATER TO ME TO THEIR OWN DETRIMENT AND NOT TO THE SHAREHOLDERS TO THEIR OWN BENEFIT RRRREEEEEEEEEE
That's the free market at work, friend.
It's okay to not be the target scope for a company's product range. The strategy of grossly overselling grossly underspecced hardware is working wonders for them, what growth incentive do they have to play catch-up with the rest of the industry?

Attached: 1435177298118.png (736x627, 81.57K)

1080p would be nice
and that includes other systems as well
>returnal, ps5 exclusive, dips to 900 p and below 60 fps
lmfao

nintendo sold 1985 hardware from 1989 to 1998 and it made them richer than ever
it's their formula. They sell TOYS FOR CHILDREN. Not 6 gorillion niggaflop super expensive boxes for manchildren.
It WORKS. You can seethe all you want, snoy, but the PS5 will remain in 3rd place this gen.

If it still sell why bother?

>PS5 will remain in 3rd place this gen
Nintendo hasn't even entered the current gen, it's a race between PS and Xbox only with the Steam Deck sitting on the sidelines as the only 9th gen handheld.

bro my leg is stuck in the windshield

Fuck off nigger

I feel sorry for everyone on Yea Forums that can't afford more than one gaming platform and are completely loyal to one company to the point they waste actual months of their free time shitposting about a games console they're too poor to buy. Having a PS5, a Switch and a PC really does make you see things differently and frankly, if you don't own more than one console/PC then you shouldn't be allowed to post on Yea Forums at all

>Be Microsoft and Sony
>Shit-shit-shit how do we combat the Switch??
>The biggest fad meme today is 4k content with overpriced disc releases and hardware
>ok, lets flaunt are consoles as 4k ready!
>they are all shit because 4k is strictly for computer work space and 35mm/70mm film restorations

lol fuck 4k, and I have a 4k projector.

>he doesnt know all console are designed for children
>he doesnt know "normal" people consider any console and PC as childish

lmao

>still in denial that Nintendo started 9th gen like they started 8th gen
roflmao

Idk I only got my Switch a month ago and I'm pretty happy with how things look and run with it. There shouldn't be a successor unless they're able to make a significant hardware upgrade that's equally affordable, and I'm not sure if that's possible right now.

>snake oil salesmen and conmen are awesome as long as they make lotsa monies and don't get arrested
/biz/ is two turns down the road

They already updated the tablet part of the switch and it's sig. better than the original

xbox players punching the air rn

I bought a switch three months ago and haven’t played it since a week after buying it and finishing Pokémon Pearl. This shit has absolutely no fucking games except for shitty fan service sequels of old classics. What the fuck.

>The dearth of first party titles is unparalleled
The first party library is huge though

Don't make me post the list shitposter-chan

How are they selling snake oil or conning anyone? Nintendo hasn't embellished what the Switch's hardware is actually capable of at any point.

Attached: 0.png (467x467, 269.66K)

Nintendo games, especially recent ones, deserve a lot of criticism.
But I can't think of a single valid complaint that would be solved with better hardware.

Kirby ran fine?

user, you can look at the game list before purchasing the console.
Did you drop $200 on a console without looking up what you'd be playing on it first?

>hideously outdated graphics
>fps dipping well below 30
>not valid complaints

I have a launch model switch, how difficult it is to mod it? At this point i barely use it might as well get some free games.

The fact that it works on some games and not others seems more like a developer issue.

Pokemon is a great example. They jumped from the 3DS to the Switch - an absolutely MASSIVE leap in hardware specs, literally incomparable - and the graphics didn't change.
Same with Monster Hunter. Compare 4U with Generations, they look almost identical outside of the resolution.

Meanwhile you don't see that with Mario or BotW or plenty of other less-popular games.

>Same with Monster Hunter
MH on switch went from MT framework to RE engine withe rise.

Yep. And did the hardware change between Generations and Rise? There you go.

Yet it's still getting lots of fun games which is all that matters.

>children and women
That is the demographic for Eldin Ring as well.

Imagine being over thirteen and owning a shitch lmaooo

Its because people keep buying it we are not getting more powerful models. Why would they bother when they can make loads of current switches for pennies and still sell them at full price

>5th best selling console of all time
No. 2nd, with PS2 being the best selling. Mind you, half of the PS2 sales are to the third world at sub $100 prices that Sony lost money on because thirdworlders just modded and played bootleg copies on it.

i own 3

Mario Golf is the game that made me abandon the Switch.
Sterile corporate product with zero soul, zero concern for the fan base, an excrescence that Nintendo decided to sell for $60 and that has less care, quality and content than shitty $5 indie games.
When I noticed that Nintendo agreed to associate the "Mario" brand and the $60 price tag with this product, I realized it was time to abandon ship.
I'll follow news about upcoming games closely, but I have no doubt that if the company continues on this path of trying to exploit brands without having to spend money to make really good games, they may quickly decline to a path like Electronic Arts, which in the distant past was a respected company but is now used only to exemplify the worst practices in the industry.

Attached: mario-golf-super-rush-button-1613618297165.jpg (1000x1000, 358.25K)

I can already tell that you watch podcasts all day.

You must be a onions boy

this copypasta again

>he doesn't know that these games have been a thing since SNES

>all these newfags
Nintendo has made its business out of selling outdated hardware for cheap. Not recently, not two decades ago. Since the NES. It's the company's philosophy, to spend more on novelty and software than hardware. It stems to their origins as a toy company.
Their overwhelming success is proof that it doesn't matter.

>What is Playstation 4
>What is Nintendo DS
>What is Game Boy

I heard they added a lot to this one with free updates, but yea it's still way too expensive.

Has it ever actually paid off for nintendo when they made a more powerful version of existing console? Nobody ever says shit about DSi or N3DS raking in cash

They released Kirby this year, thats enought games for now.

>How broke does Nintendo have to be that there is still no Switch successor on the market?

no cap nigga you dumb af fr

theyve been doing this pathetic shit for years now
they intentionally release their games with no content so they can pretend it's a ~live service~ and readd the content that shoulve been there
i hate this so much.

Nintendo can go years without profit just based on their reserves. They’re a long way from broke.

Yeah i mean, remember the Kirby games in the GB Colour? New Kirby looks plain as fuck, it seems like they went all out in GB but in Switch is just an average game.

>Switch has no games though.

Its just mental illness at this point.

>cinematic experience like Kirby

lmao seek help

They added a lot of low-effort garbage.
The new courses added are all smaller, share a lot of greens and are just derived from the existing ones in games with the same assets. Only Donkey City and one where the greens are the game's characters are "new", but they are also minor, Donkey City being just a par3 course with no planning where you sometimes start a shot from behind a wall while your opponent next to you has a clear view.
The new characters are basically skins since the game doesn't have any different characteristics between different players and they don't even need to have specific animations for each situation since the game reuses the same animations for basically everything.
The new game modes are things that programmers do in 2 days, no joke.

That’s more on you for buying a console when you have no interest in the games. What exactly were you expecting? Because that seems pretty retarded to me. Like buying a PS5 when you don’t like Sony Studio games.

you'd know, right?

The juggernaut success of the Switch, and its fantastic library of games, is the biggest prolonged nonstop assfucking this board has ever received.

And there's no end in sight.

Attached: 1647683045642.jpg (996x561, 57.43K)

>Switch has no games
based and right, it's just a glorified port machine with shittier performence, the few first party games that it has don't warrant buying a whole system when you can just emulate them

thats normal for nintendo - look at 3ds - they used ancient hardware and it lasted 10 years...

>Switch has no games
>which is why you should emulate them
??? ?? ?

>have fun games
>have innovative hardware
>make good sales
>fat guys on Yea Forums mald about it with reddit-spaced posts

I also want 60 fps and 1080 docked. Switch is ancient and more and more games run like garbage on it

>The dearth of first party titles is unparalleled.
Hard to tell whether this is ESL word salad or a 13 year old trying to sound smart but those words don't mean what you seem to think they do