Bullshit boss. I say this as someone who just beat him. His first phase is fine...

Bullshit boss. I say this as someone who just beat him. His first phase is fine. The second is a fight against the camera.

Attached: 34D494BD-7436-4695-9F76-FFF572496A60.jpg (1596x1905, 487.34K)

>i say this as someone who

HOLY FUCKING REDDIT BATMAN

HOW ABOUT I BEAT THIS BOSS AND

how did anyone have a problem with this guy? all he does in second phase is roll around like a spaz and it's clearly telegraphed. are you trying to fight him on foot instead of on your horse? are you retarded?

I died more to this guy than Malenia. What a fucking trash boss.

I might be retarded, because I keep getting smacked off my horse.

You get fire resistance in a dungeon in mountaintops beforehand. Me and my mimic beat him 1st try :) !

It requires very fine horse control, along with camera knowledge.
Was a pain even with fire resistance.
No complaint on the aesthetics though.

>Me and my mimic
Ydnbtg

>horse
there's your problem. the horse is a retard trap even against night cavalries and tree sentinels. yes it can trivialize a lot of fights like dragons, but having to give up precise dodging and 99% of your moveset and movement options is bad

Retards getting all their info pre-chewed from Wiki. It says on first wiki on google that you should only use horse to get close, then fight him on foot, which is retarded because most polearms can easily reach his weak point even in phase 2 and it's laughably easy to get him to just spam rolls if you position yourself right. If you literally just look at what he is doing and punish the easiest attacks it's trivial (laughably easy since he has ending lag measured in calendar weeks). And since horse lets you reach his 3x dmg weak point 100% of the time, his effective health drops from something like 27 000 to measly 9 000, less than previous boss and you can go ham on him most of the time unlike any other boss.

It's only difficult for shitters who take anything written on wiki as unshakable fact, and refuse to use anything not listed on wiki and never change their strategies or make their own decisions against the wiki coding. Literal NPCs.

Attached: 11126173_10200423873755978_628874736_o.jpg (2048x1053, 88.08K)

>rolls away from you

1st phase is melee, 2nd is ranged.

You only really need the horse to catch up to him in the second phase when he decides to roll 5 miles away from you at every oppurtunity to start spamming fireballs and meteor storms

I had the opposite reaction
first phase is annoying because you have to stand under him to hit the leg
second phase is great because you can stand farther away from him and slap his hands, so you can actually see what he's doing

what the fuck? I thought the big point everyone was making was that it's stupid to try and fight him on foot.

>fighting on horse
>leaving your bro Alexander behind
Fucking Christ, he's literally one of the easiest and most telegraphed bosses in the game. His moves are so apparent you can't even use the excuse of the camera getting stuck on his massive size.

Attached: 1498641914183.png (303x311, 165.23K)

you don't need the horse for that either, i prefer being able to hit his hands when he tries to smack me after he rolls which he does 99% of the time and you can't reliably do that on the horse

dodge roll iframes are literally an "i win" button in every fight, but especially against one of the few bosses that has 20 second long animations that don't have any variance in their timing

It is retarded to fight him on foot. horse gives you better opportunities to dodge and GTFO when he does that fire storm spell or whatever it is and the horse lets you maneuver around his big, slow ass with relative ease. I don't know who the fuck is having a hard time with this boss. I'm a literal retard and I beat it as a melee build.

As someone who is a BIPOC, my experience has been that OP is a faggot

He's the last of his kind, victimized by genocide. I don't want to mutilate and murder him. Why can't I just sneak in while he's sleeping and steal the flame? Thor snuck into places all the time, even crossdressed

What is his race?

he's the last of the big guys

his meteor barrage barely has any range, you can walk away from him when he casts it and be entirely safe. or you can get off your horse and keep smacking him and literally just dodge roll the explosions. and the firestorm you can see where they pop up from before they actually go off and just position close enough to hit him without getting touched by them

Fucking this, I don't get how anyone dies to this, are they fighting on foot or what?

I just threw lightning bolts at him until he died

he wants to die

so what you're saying is that any way you do this fight, it's easy and OP is a faggot?

i pretty much abandoned using the horse as soon as he started with the ranged attack that was very hard to dodge
he cant do shit to you in 2nd phase if you just dont run to his fire attacks and get between his legs

>Very fine horse control.

Take some distance away from boss, then rush straight towards him, he goes for a long range front attack that always misses, chop his legs 3-5 times, then back off and make some distance between you and boss again. Rinse repeat. If you're riding sideways on the range of boss attacks trying to get behind the boss, you're doing it wrong.

Thats how you also beat 95% of all the dragons in the game too.

Attached: 1541235808858.gif (264x240, 3.14M)

So there are players who really can’t handle a 3D camera?

I still cannot fathom how this guy is filtering so many. Took me maybe 5 tries I think. It was a good, fun, fair fight really. Cool design too.

Just hop on Torrent and stick to his ass. Got him on the third try.

pretty much. but the horse is still a retard trap and there's no reason to use it in this fight when you can kill him faster without it

Beat him on first try without getting hit once by using horse.

He has a lot of heath, so he's boring as fuck.

Fighting him on a horse seemed intentional. Giant open area, on a mountaintop, outdoors no less. How else would someone fight a colossal, 50 foot humanoid? Hit and run attacks would be the most pragmatic approach in any scenario. I don’t know why anybody would consider getting off Torrent for big slow enemies like dragons or certain humanoids.

fire giant is easy as shit
all his attacks are telegraphed making them piss easy to dodge

>used the camera in the second phase.
Retard alert

Beat him second try last night.
Admittedly I’m quite burned out on the game so I’m mimic tearing every fight which makes the game easy. I just want to beat the dang game at this point

>le roll away man

it's retarded to not fight him on foot
the horse is useless compared to regular rolling

What does he even do second phase? All I remember is him just fucking kneeling or laying down and I just rode up to him and smacked him a bunch until he died. The real annoyance is constantly fucking chasing the retard down.

niggas don't understand cavalry is king

Attached: neigh.jpg (1080x771, 57.69K)

No, you roll towards the attack and boss.
Rolling away is asking to get punished by staying inside the hitbox.

After having read couple most popular guides on Fextralife, I've come to the following conclusion:
Anyone crying about Fire Giant is an idiot that blindly follows guides. All top guides there say the same thing: you should always fight Fire Giant on foot. Even based dragonkiller Alexander is adviced against. At least 3 most popular guides also completely forgot that they recommended making Blasphemous Blade your main weapon for most builds besides pure int casters, so you'll do shit damage against Fire Giant since BB deals major fraction in fire damage. The guides all seemed to be copypasted from same base with certain parts written over in similar words, and they all gave bad info on multiple points.

Why do people do this? Why do you reach the point where you don't have fun but keep playing?
No shit you guys don't find enjoyment from videogames anymore if you're convincing you're brain vidya time is chore time rather than fun time.

I meant the boss rolls away.

OH MY GOD
IS THAT WHY YOU ALL ARE CRYING ABOUT THIS BOSS
ARE YOU ACTUALLY ON HORSEBACK FOR THE FIGHT

AHAHAHAHAHA

If you haven't beat Consecrated Snowfield/Farum Azula/Haligtree/Found Mohg 2.0 yet, take a break for a week or two. You'll enjoy the endgame much more.

The game takes a downturn after MotG, and if you're already on the verge of burnout, you'll just stop playing. If you keep it off for week or two until you actually want to play again, you'll enjoy the ending areas much more.

Fire Giant was the hardest boss in the game for me. WAY harder than Malenia or Radagon.

>Why do people do this? Why do you reach the point where you don't have fun but keep playing?
I hit this point with the Haligtree. I pushed through fatigue to the end because I wanted to conclude the journey. it's not that I wasn't having fun anymore, actually playing the game was still fun, but the game had taken 80+ hours at that point and I was ready to move on. I still wanted to see how it all wrapped up though, so I did.

Haligtree is one of the very best parts and a reason to keep playing

just beat him on my level 25 pumpkin head cosplay invader character with a +3 chainlink flail. probably the most predictable boss in the game, granted it did take a while due to low damage and took a few tries because i kept mistiming dodging the fast fireballs

the question should be why did Fromsoft think it was a good idea to make a 100+ hour long action RPG focusing on taxing and stressful boss fights. Anyone is getting burned out by the time they reach the mountaintop. This game should have been half as long as it ended up being.

>First half meleed him
>Second half used Kamehameha beam.
Not sorry. He moves around way too much and it's impossible to not get rolled on

>He fought on foot despite having similar clear speed on P1 and significantly worse on P2 since you cannot reach the arm weakpoint on foot unless he is recovering. By the time you had finished chipping on Fire Giant, I had cleared entire endgame, fucked your maiden and samefagged an entire thread about Malenia... Twice.

You did beat the game (eventually). Good for you.

Attached: 1447590179047.gif (458x438, 103.33K)

I liked it too, and don't get the hate, but to go through Snowfield first and do the Evergaol is gonna suck. If he's teetering on the edge already he won't even get that far, and even if he does he'll hate every second of it because he is so worn down. Especially since enemy damage spikes there.

>Impossible
Just don't stand on the wrong side lmao. He always uses same roll animations. How bad do you have to be to both cheat AND claim you didn't cheat because you were too retarded to stop running under him? I always wonder whether people like you are elaborate trolls or genuinely that stupid.

They give you the lememe bleed katana, just use a larval tear and bleed him out then switch back to your goofy build.

Are you supposed to do the haligtree area before or after farum azula? I found that evergoal in the snowfield and got tired of getting ganked by those assassins, so I went and killed the fire giant first.

Fought him on foot, one of the easiest niggas. Just stuck to his shins and walloped him like a disobedient dog while he rolled around. Everything he does has a fucking two week's notice.

Guess it's jsut everyone's preference of game length.
To me Idc if a game is 5 or 120 hours long if it's doing it's job well, and I liked how ER kept giving me stuff to do, kill and explore, even if the last stretch falls a bit in quality.

Because barely anyone does it nowdays and it makes adventures feel incredibly and liek an actual journey. I wish we had more content desu, but only if it had more variety too.
Love when companies go so stupidly massive if done well, and despite the flaws ER is good enough, had a lot of fun experimenting around with builds and weapons whenever I got filtered by a boss.

And I don't play that much, hell I bought the game at launch and I still haven't beaten it, I'm at Malenia and Hoarah Loux. I just take my time and enjoy all the things to do.
A lot of people doens't seem to realize that the more massive soemthing is, the slower you need to take it to properly digest it.
Who do you think gonna enjoy a show more, those watchign an episode weekly/daily while talking with friends doing the same, or those who binge it in one go and never talk about it again?

you don't have to fight anything in the evergaol in order to light the fires

wait you can use the horse? me and alexander spent like an hour trying to kill him

I'm honestly surprised people struggled with this boss. He's like Midir in that you chase him and target his weakpoint, don't use the camera, manually aim your attacks etc. I fought him on foot and he was totally fine. All of his attacks can be rolled though and he doesn't have any bullshit delayed timings. He felt like a boss from the older games (in a good way)

>it's another boss fight where you have to hack at a boss' ankles

Sasuga miyazaki san

the evergoal is a "the floor is lava" one, never ever get off the roofs

>giant screen filling boss
>the camera
I'll never understand why "pretending to be retarded" is so funny to people.