How the mighty have fallen…

Attached: 6009ebdd-adc2-422a-8d6a-48bdea4a9548.png (840x994, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CSa5O6knuwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>more biomes is le.. bad

Not as long as they aren't shit. In the case of vanilla, they are absolute garbage.

Attached: 1529036023004.png (1920x1028, 2.25M)

Ah yes, I'm sorry OP. I forgot you were the arbiter of what is good and what is shit. The game should only have biomes if they add verticality or something arbritrarily that you decided, right?

Games should have biomes that are cool. If you want boring terrain go outside for once in your life.

>if I say something passive aggressively I don't even have to make an argument

>getting this caught up on biomes (which op never even mentioned) and not the generation of flat meaningless terrain for miles
Fucking retard.

I think it's fine with a mix, boring biomes also have a space. But you could still make them more interesting.

...which are biomes? Never heard of tundras? Never heard of plains?

Good thing that cool is objective and makes sense for a survival crafting game to only have those kinds of them.

fool. The argument is that Perlin noise is terrible for generating terrain. This has nothing to do with biomes.

Attached: u srs.jpg (479x435, 49.08K)

Yes, glad we agree

Amplitude you fucking nigger, doubling down just makes you twice the retard. If every biome looks like plains then the colour difference is meaningless.

you pebble brained retard. Minecraft still had generations like it has in beta its just rarer, thus making actual terrain stand out and a place where you go 'woah I want to build here' instead of it being another cool mountain.
You don't understand nuance and should stop speaking your mind.

You can get similar terrain as in the upper part of the image in the version in the bottom part.
Not every biome is flat.

Objectively wrong. The algorithm was intentionally rewritten to eliminate impossible cliff faces, arches or floating islands. Finding one is both incredibly rare and still nowhere near the scale of OP's pic.
You are the retard forcing nuance in a simple matter of forced realism denying unique worlds.

Holy shit, go see a doctor you braindead retard. Perlin noise is terrible and the fundament of all terrain generation. The biomes all use the same noise; they simply change a few parameters but that's not enough to make it look good, not to mention one of the artifacts of Perlin noise is that it all looks the same: the seed determines a specific noise map and it's repeated ad infinitum. Not even Amplified has comparable terrain.
Beta had less biomes, sure, but it also didn't have the same noise. That's a fact you vanillaloving, underage retard.

Attached: 1615911222854.png (693x639, 682.35K)

>being this much of an autist

I accept your concession.

Nah fuck vanilla minecraft not a single fucking improvement over mods has been made maybe in a couple of years they can implement the fuck ton of ores and weapons mods have.
Maybe in 10 years we will have sharks but wait le shark is a passive animal they aren't le bad so we shouldn't indoctrinate kids to fear sharks.

Obligatory video that everyone in this thread should watch
youtu.be/CSa5O6knuwI

Attached: m9e1epoon7k21.png (364x300, 58.75K)

Didn't asked, Didn't read

Attached: isleep.jpg (612x459, 55.78K)

>change color palette
>call it a new biome

What mod bro

>playing minecraft in 2022

I think the worst part is when they add shit from mods but make it just straight worse than the mod was. This applies to villages, biomes, new mobs, dungeons etc.

This Is what modding Is for man.

>the most cherry picked pictures from both cases
>inb4 zoomer
I've played minecraft since alpha. So suck cock OP.

Attached: depression2.jpg (3408x2828, 3.29M)

>Doesn't have the skill or imagination to build
'Nuff said.

Attached: 1629943024366.jpg (204x247, 14.17K)

Attached: cozy.jpg (2519x4033, 3.2M)

Seed?

is this natural generation from modern mc?

Yes, the terrain generation got a massive overhaul in 1.18.

Ah yes, I'm sorry Faggot. I forgot you were the arbiter of what is good and what is shit. The board should only have threads if they praise everything a game does or something arbritrarily that you decided, right?

Wish I remember, if you dig deep enough in /vg/ archive you'll find it cause I posted it there. let me check my worlds, that spot is actually literally right next to each other.
both of them are next to one another.
yes

Attached: Depressions.jpg (3439x1415, 1.54M)

no

Attached: Minecraft_Worldgen.png (1200x2667, 1.3M)

Buddy, those screenshots are from the caves and cliffs update pure vanilla the week it launched.
Fucking COPE

>YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS OPINION
>why
>LE YOUTUBER MAN SAID SO
>okay but why?
>JUST WATCH MY SURROGATE FRIEND'S VIDEO BRO
fuck off and die

That video is from one of the main developers for the game.

Modded still looks better and has since years (over 8 years). It also doesn't have flat ugly terrain as featured in OP's post.

Attached: Aem87JR.gif (800x436, 1.09M)

>Modded still looks better
The problem with modded is it doesn't work for the game.
The terrains based too realistically and its shit in minecraft for making really sick builds on your own in survival that use the terrain and world gen within their creation.
In this picture as a signular person I could feasably create a world between both of these depressions
in a modded minecraft terrain, the shits usually much more flat, much more steep, and much shittier to traverse, and only looks pretty. You can't actually engage in it in a meaningful way.
Meanwhile in Default minecraft while less crazy in some cases, Caves and Cliffs have added a whole new fucking level to minecraft default gen that's as soulful imho as alpha and beta was in terms of ideas of builds I get when I look at it

Attached: Mt Goatsee.jpg (3435x1411, 1.67M)

Attached: 1638548054020.png (3437x1249, 3.85M)

>doesn't work for the game
It absolutely does. Even so, that's completely subjective.
>The terrains based too realistically and its shit in minecraft for making really sick builds
Just because you have never made any doesn't mean it's impossible. If anything, Modded allows for much more building possibilities.

Attached: 1577631873573.png (1920x1005, 2.28M)

Minecraft hasn't been interesting since they made it so lava didn't auto-fill every cube at its level and lower in the map.

How do people like forests, I always either build my shit in the plains biome or clear out a shitton of land of trees because the forest bothers me

>tastelet
user you're allowed to live as you are, but that doesn't mean it's better. It's actually very shit.
And I've played a bunch of modded minecraft. The Terrains neat, but it never feels right.

>in a modded minecraft terrain, the shits usually much more flat, much more steep, and much shittier to traverse
Most of those are really circumstantial and not true unless you play with meme garbage like Terraforged.
If traversal is a problem, mods add various means of transportation, e.g. hangliders

Attached: 1539059147402.png (1920x1028, 3.17M)

Attached: 1588523253830.png (1920x1017, 1.38M)

just try building with mods for once

Attached: 9YsJvCo.png (1360x705, 1.4M)

>doesn't understand the point
>posting a bunch of screenshots that continue not to understand the point in what I mean

You meant nothing by virtue of not having played with mods. You simply shat out a bunch of unsubstantiated claims and expected me to care about what you "feel" while playing with mods.

Attached: 1577666910129.png (1920x1017, 1.55M)

buddy
i;ve probably played modded minecraft before you even owned the fucking game you mongoloid

>want to play minecraft
>get some diamonds, enchant tools
>can farm anything extremely quickly
>can't build anything better than a small shack
>end up putting the game down for 6 months

See? All you have is claims, you underage vanillafag

Attached: 1588848414800.png (1920x1017, 1.39M)

found it

Worked for Elden Ring

>haha well i don't really care anyway
lol

Attached: 0sfmn911ol201.png (1920x1001, 2.14M)

Fuck off you memespeak-spouting faggot

Attached: 1511757943717.png (1920x1005, 687.21K)

>stop listening to Yea Forums advice and turn to r*ddit instead
>your game starts going downhill
>1.0 release is a total flop
>have mental breakdown and sell your rights to a ginger tranny
>he keeps releasing "updates" which add the "content" that was available through mods for years
>original modders never get any credit of course
>game is an absolute trash and is on life support from funny loud youtubers only underage retards watch
Never go full r*ddit.

what mods are used in the photo? cool base btw

Yeah, old generation looked quite nice. It would be nice if maybe they added back classic generation in the form of a terrain generation option when making a world.

Attached: 1528679091229.png (1920x1017, 2.32M)

>Claims
No, I have history, screenshots, and memories of my childhood playing Minecraft from my adolescence onward.
Heres a screencap when the end update came out.
Under thats a FLOAT server I played with Yea Forums.
Underneath that is a screenshot of a base I was going to build 250k out in 2b2t.
Below thats a screencap I had of a minimap of one of the earliest modded minecraft servers i played in with friends.
I have older screenshots too, but I'm not going to dig on photobucket to find them.

Attached: file.png (632x2400, 947.6K)

Attached: jj33Ji7.jpg (2140x1024, 272.74K)

>Play with little sister
>Make new world
>I'm building a nice house for myself
>"Hey, can I live with you? I'll get the food"
>Sure
>Make her one room and everything
>Night time
>"Hurry up sis, I'm already in my bed"
>She comes to my room and puts a bed next to mine
>We sleep together
Cute!!!
>We use her room for storage now

Minecraft is literally more popular than ever.

Attached: 1579287920311.png (1920x1017, 1.41M)