Strauss literally did nothing wrong...

Strauss literally did nothing wrong, apparently I'm supposed to be more disturbed by usury than Arthur's mass murder and blatant hypocritsy

Attached: images (66).jpg (514x597, 28.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ljaP2etvDc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You might be a jew.

you are not supposed to do anything, all that is portrayed in the game is that Arthur doesn't like him and yes, he's a hypocrite because of it. Just because he's the protagonist it doesn't mean that he has to be perfect

The worst part was the hypocrisy

i liked rd2r but you really had to post it again didnt you

I don't the point of Strauss.
Why lend money to poor shitheads if you're just gonna beat the shit out of them and steal their money in the end?
Might as well have started with that, OR steal from people who actually have something to steal like they usually do.

>Hypocrisy
I'm so tired of you dumb idiots.

Strauss represents the new world, the new time that was pushing Dutch and their kind out, a type of bureaucratic crime that was slowly leeching off of people.

Compared to that, holding a gun into someone's face, is an "honest" crime.

Arthur threw him out because he realised that the new world they were running from already found its way into the group in the form of Strauss.
Much like Arthur's inevitable death mirrors the inevitable end of the group itself.

There's no hypocrisy you high school drop out, and anyone with at least one hour in English class should be able to see that clearly.
>inb4 arguing because you don't like being schooled

Same reason as all debt sharks
If you are normal then you will most likely just go to a bank for a loan.
Some people are even more down on their luck and rely on debt sharks for money.
On a global scale it's why many African countries have to rely on China for money over the world bank or western countries who know that their shithole will most likely never pay it off.
Dent sharks are low shiteaters that have to rely on other shiteaters

He's a good earner and off the screen people pay him back on time. It's just those few cases that require Arthur's involvement.

>t.

Attached: happy merchant.jpg (1200x675, 71.62K)

Are you implying that Jews aren't good earners?

>Didn't give in when they caught him even while he was beaten to death
He really did care about the gang and used that money for food and clothes, he did nothing wrong.

>Strauss literally did nothing wrong
He deliberately targets desperate people. Nobody else would be interested his offers by his own admission.

>Compared to that, holding a gun into someone's face, is an "honest" crime.
>muh honesty
Lmao cringe. Your analysis is fine but your opinion is bad. And yes there is hypocrisy considering Arthur has killed so many. At the end of the day Arthur and Strauss are doing what they are good at to get by.

Seriously. Arthur just wanted to lash out because he blamed Strauss for what was happening to him.

Fpbp

Because loansharking means your victims come to you, rather than having to find them, risk retaliation, cover up the crime, etc.

Facts don't care about your feelings, chud

>usurer
>did nothing wrong
Does not compute

unrelentingly based

strauss didnt do his own dirty work, if he did he'd have been the one who caught TB

strauss would have 5 different NFT brands going

>nothing wrong
You are underage arent you

you just don't get how the business works, do you
look it up
it's called USURY
they say it enough fucking times

I get what you mean but theres no way the devs intended it like that

It's called capitalism, commie

Do you have a debt? Did anyone force you to take it or did you choose to engage in usury?
>noooo I'm the victim here
Are you though or are you profiting from the system of endless debt that keeps the world spinning?

I've killed literally thousands as low honor Arthur and he still kicks him out! What am I doing wrong?

These were my favourite missions in the game.

Attached: 1649675477533.png (600x702, 229.6K)

>jews are... le bad
grow up chud

the other point of Strauss was he defied the Robinhood Complex instilled into the gang. Strauss made it impossible to pretend they were "the good guys" sticking it to the man, as his victims were always the vulnerable and poor. Arthur, as the muscle, was the one who had to confront the reality that the people Strauss was taking advantage of weren't actually deadbeats or thieves like Strauss pretended, but were instead impoverished and without recourse, IE exactly the type of people in the gang itself.

It exposed a key aspect of hypocrisy in the self delusion the gang lived under, which is why Arthur gets fed up and throws him out and why no one kicks up much of a fuss about it when he does. This too shows how hypocritical the gang is.

The hypocrisy of everyone involved is the point. The gang aren't heroes, they're criminals, they just try to dress it up and live in delusion about it.

Attached: EHkffcgXUAAf_KW.jpg (720x490, 27.62K)

Thread should've ended right here

I did a mission with Javier where we just slaughtered and innocent family for a few hundred bucks

I actually found that to be one of the most reprehensible things in the game
All other violence in the game is against criminals, whereas that mission just seemed despicable, they don't even talk to them before they start shooting

That's literally the main theme of the setting.

I know but I refuse they are that intelligent to do that without acknowledging it

>All other violence in the game is against criminals
Apart from all the robberies that involve shooting everyone that gets in the way.

That's self defense

Let me guess... you also lick the boots of corporations because your daddy pretends he lets you run his mom 'n pop retail store?

NOOOOOO FUCK YOU STRAUSS
>beats polish guy to a pulp
WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DO THIS?!
>kills 40 officers to steal 40 cents from a post office
WHY?!!!!!

>Let me guess... you also lick the boots of corporations because your daddy pretends he lets you run his mom 'n pop retail store?
Kek imagine coming up with this uncreative strawman

Arthur also probably blamed him for his TB.

he kicks him out after he meets up with downe's wife again. does she tell him downes had TB?

>OH NO THIS POOR WOMAN I MADE A WIDOW IS SELLING HER BODY
>I HAVE MADE SOME POOR CHOICES
>I'M AFRAID
what a joke of a story, all the characters were stupid and did stupid things for plot reasons
>we need to lay low!
>proceeds to wander into town and start drinking when he is one of the most wanted men being chased across states by pinkertons

>>OH NO THIS POOR WOMAN I MADE A WIDOW IS SELLING HER BODY
>>I HAVE MADE SOME POOR CHOICES
>>I'M AFRAID

Fucking kek
This is pretty the much the essence of RDR2's pretentious Reddit-bait "emotional" elements

They should leave that vomit inducing shit to Naughty Dog

I completely agree with you how they progressed the plot, it felt lazy at most moments. Playing the gang in their heydey would have been a better reprieve, or any gang without all that useless character bloat.
I don't think Arthur looking for absolution when he knew he was dying was so out of whack

I think you can interpret it depending on your honor. Low just gets pissy with Strauss because of the TB, high realizes how crooked the money lending was all while the gang, their morals and Dutch are shattering.

that part didn't bother me at all really, mostly the gang interactions and everything they did

>micah in general

The whole Honor system is fucking stupid anyway
It would make sense for a blank slate character but not for a murderous psychopath outlaw. It doesn't make sense for him to have a "high honor meter" just because in the last months of his life he helped some woman go home or gave a dollar to a blind man. It's some of the most simplistic primitive shit I swear, yet it's regarded as "deep"

They weren't very believable as one of the most wanted gangs in the west, trundling around on wagons and hiding out in conspicuous campsite. For me the entire plot and characters would need redoing regardless of how well they were acted. Why have Micah be the most insidious piece of shit if his big reveal he was rat, surely better to have him be sympathetic or have John as the rat

So... For you is legit that the amount of the interest could be higher than the amount of the debt?

>You shall not steal.

But... If it's a person of your 'group' it's not bad at all. I see, I see.

It was alright in some ways, the acting was good I think, Dutch had a good voice and you could tell when he didn't like when someone said something that made sense about his gang.

Can anybody verify but I swear one handed pistol shooting does more damage than dual wield. 2-3 shots vs 3-4 shots

idk about chest shots but i think heart shots insta kill because sometimes i 1 shot people in the chest

I don't know but you should only be using the Colt SAA

youtube.com/watch?v=ljaP2etvDc4

Attached: 1649643261602.jpg (640x947, 52.02K)

Attached: 1649503984373.jpg (1089x1440, 400.18K)

Which mission? the only mission I remember with Javier that involves slaughtering a family is a family of robbers who murder people and take their things.
If you stick around before causing the fire you can listen to them speak about it.

>Why have Micah be the most insidious piece of shit if his big reveal he was rat, surely better to have him be sympathetic or have John as the rat
Oh buddy...

Micah wasn't an "insidious piece of shit". He was the only "real" gangster amongst a group of dreamers romanticizing the old ways and "family".
He was like a window into reality for the group.
That he's the rat is literally the point of him being, a "piece of shit".

People hating Micah because it ruined their fantasy, are just as gullible as the game wanted its protagonists to be.
Its really sad to see how many people have no idea what they're talking about with this game.
Goes to show that any attempt at writing something remotely interesting flies straight over the head of most retards.

>actions have consequences
>one of the few stories actually having a character experience growth throughot the game, and is afraid of dying alone after realising his entire life was being led on by Dutch
>user gets angry that it doesn't fullfill his western fantasy
typical brainlet. stick to GTA Online.

>>proceeds to wander into town and start drinking when he is one of the most wanted men being chased across states by pinkertons
they didnt hide from the pinkertons as the pinkertons knew where they were, as examplified by the agents meeting Arthur at the riverbank, or them later showing up at camp even. they were laying low as in not causing more trouble in regards to the local law enforcement.
the pinkertons were watching the gang to get ahold of Dutch first and foremost, not die in a fight. only the involvement of the oil magnate escalated that situation.

smoking a cigar is honest.
smoking a cigarette is dishonest.
it is known