Was this the most soulful era?

Was this the most soulful era?

Attached: Xbox-360-PS3-442092.jpg (620x420, 35.91K)

no it was the start of an era that lacked soul

PS2 gen was the last time devs made games that weren't all profit driven box ticking exercises.

Probably the best consoles of all time.

for 360 it could've been, except for the red ring.

Everything became shit around 2010

>devs made games that weren't all profit driven box ticking exercises.
360/ps3 gen was the stepping stone for that.
then xbone/ps4 is when they fully embraced it

I'm too young to have played with them, but I've only heard good things.

You can argue the first step was the PS2/XBox generation. Up until the PS1 video games were just a niche hobby. Unless you were really into them or you had children, no one was going to front the money needed for a machine that exclusively played video games. But the PS2 changed things. Because the PS2 was a combination video game + movie player + music player all in one concise package. You can argue that the PS2 was the first true multimedia machine. Add to the fact that the PS2 grandfathered in your entire PS1 collection and there was no reason not to have one. The Xbox less so but the Xbox was the first time online play was a convenient, built in feature on a home console. So even if you were a normie who never interacted with videogames before, there was FAR more incentive to jump in with the PS2 generation.

The PS3/ 360 was the beginning of what we have today. Because now online play was the standard. DLC was now creeping into home console games. And instead of being true expansions, you now had games shipping incomplete with DLC to patch them. It wasn't common but remember, this is a new market. PC players wouldn't tolerate that shit because they know better. But the normies have no frame of reference for it so it just became more and more normal. The PS3 generation was also the time where console games had enough graphical fidelity that it could begin to emulate the structure of movies. Oh there were some before. But even Metal Gear Solid's worst was nothing to the videogame Oscar baiting that we would see with the PS3 generation. That gen was our last chance to turn it around. But that didn't happen. And by the PS4 generation it was too late to fix it.

Attached: 1649289502824.jpg (960x960, 60.17K)

Perpetually underage retards who had these as their very first console and are now nostalgic over what is quite easily THE most cancerous console generation in all of gaming history deserve death by scaphism, and I'm not exaggerating the slightest bit.

commodore 64 + atari 2600 was the pinnacle of soul

>Paid online
>Piss and brown
>Health regen and respawn
>Paid dlc
>Trends like co op and cover shooters hindering games' quality
>QTE the gen
No.

No. It was the beginning of soulless vidya.
By comparison, 8th gen at least in the second half, had alittle bit more soul than 7th.

I wish there was an easier method for hacking the 360. I don't trust myself not to completely ruin the board with my awful soldering.

Though the RGH3 method seems a lot simpler, maybe eventually someone will figure out a softmod of some kind.

bro at least games were still products nigga. FUCK why can't that be a thing anymore???

No but it was the last time there was any real soul to be found and that was mostly due to the Wii getting companies to experiment and try something different. Like the best thing about the PS3 was that it played blurays and you could stream from your PC directly to it to watch stuff.

It was the absolute worst era of gaming before the current one came along and somehow dethroned it.

>horse armor dlc
>birthplace of lootboxes with fifa 09 and mass effect 3 multiplayer
beginning of the end

>FUCK why can't that be a thing anymore???
Because gen 7 introduced it and retards didn't know when to cop out.

>Was this the most soulful era?

hahahahahahahahah

hardware peaked in this era.

zoom, zoom

>dude muh power of thuh cell
>get retarded ports because of muh cell power
>ps3 never appears more powerful than xbox 360 really which is just using conventional architecture

i'm gonna say no

It was the last generation with soul
But out of all generation wit soul, it's the one that has the least
Still having a little bit of soul makes it infinitely more soulful than the 2 generations that followed
tldr: it's the most soulful if you are a zoomer whose first console was one of these

*Hardware marketing.

>It was the last generation with soul

lmfao it was the most soulless generation of any generation by far, literally when gaming was mainstream commercialized finally, with reach expanding to multiples more people

>soul soul soul zoomer soul
Your vocabulary consists entirely of meme garbage coined up by newfags who came here during the third quarter of the 2010s. It's blatantly obvious you've never owned a system older than a 360.

soulless

the end of the soulful era. this gen had soul in spades but at the end of the gen, it started losing a lot of soul. If PSX gen was the dawn of soul, ps3 gen was the dusk of soul.
Then, ps4 and xbone plunged us into a soulless midnight, devoid of fun and filled with greed and avarice. Current gen is just dust and ashes of what used to be a beautiful landscape filled with soul...

Yes. I still believe the PS3 has the best entertainment system UI ever designed, and the Xbox 360 experience cannot ever be replicated again.

No. that honor goes to SNES/Genesis.

>the end of the soulful era.
That was gen 6.

Go back one generation and I would agree

Attached: PS2.jpg (480x360, 6.04K)

Is this what PS360 kids actually believe? Games on those consoles were exactly the same as the ones we have today. Nothing at all changed since gen7 gameplay-wise. The only thing that sets it apart from PS4 and PS5 is the fact that MTX weren't invented yet.

>No but it was the last time there was any real soul
>It was the last generation with soul
>But out of all generation wit soul, it's the one that has the least
>the end of the soulful era. this gen had soul in spades but at the end of the gen, it started losing a lot of soul.
kek
lmaooooooooo oh my dog you niggers are serious

Attached: 1649657263700.gif (588x640, 191.02K)

Gen 7 has plenty of soulful games
>Demon Souls
>Dark Souls
>Mount and Blade
>Fallout 3
>Fallout New Vegas
>Bioshock
>L.A. Noire
>Halo: Reach
>Portal
>Left 4 Dead
you should kill yourself now, isekainigger

>halo
>l4d
>Bioshock
>LA Noire
>soulful
Just stop being a faggot, jump the shark and say you liked them. The only remotely soulful game released in gen 7 was Deadrising.

Yes. 6th gen is overrated because of GTA :SA.

halo reach is the best halo game. so soulful flinging my brother across Forgeworld with the plane.
L4D is so soulful. Very innovative AI. Loved playing it with my friend when I'd spend the night at his house
Bioshock is super fucking soulful. I didn't play it during the gen but I played remastered version recently and it was very kino. Tried to play 2 but it wasn't as fun imho
L.A. Noire is so soulful. It was super innovative. So soulful that the studio that made it went bankrupt and was absorbed into rockstar. You can't tell me that L.A. Noire wasn't PVRE SOVL. Especially being one of the only mainstream games with booba in it. Only other one I remember was Dante's Inferno which was soulful but kusoge

You're a fag.

"SOUL" is a buzzword for "nostalgia", mate.

Attached: 1649586082681.jpg (884x574, 78.01K)

>halo reach is the best halo game.
Halo 3

>L4D is so soulful.
A poster kid for the co-op trend that plagued the gen. An actual competent, non-biased choice would have been the first FEAR.

>Bioshock is super fucking soulful. I didn't play it during the gen but I played remastered version recently and it was very kino. Tried to play 2 but it wasn't as fun imho
Infinite lmao

>L.A. Noire is so soulful. It was super innovative. So soulful that the studio that made it went bankrupt and was absorbed into rockstar. You can't tell me that L.A. Noire wasn't PVRE SOVL. Especially being one of the only mainstream games with booba in it. Only other one I remember was Dante's Inferno which was soulful but kusoge
A glorified tech demo with nothing new besides graphic stuff. Dante's Inferno is actually good though.

>sequel never ever

>Soulful
>dudebro the era
>we want cod sales numbers
>dlc
>microtransactions
>qtes
>brown and piss to hide shit graphics
>23 fps sub 486p
>regenerating health
>sprint
>covers
Zoomzoom

>nostalgia
I just said I only played BioShock very recently and on the remastered version.

both L.A. Noire and Dante deserve a sequel tbhqbbq

PS2/XBOX era was the true peak

It isn't but the faggot is abusing of it. zoomers really can't meme for shit.

I'd agree but LA Noire really needs to propose something this time.

historical revisionism, fucking zoomers

>>Bioshock
>L.A. Noire
>Halo: Reach
>Portal
>soul
Lmao. Fucking gaylo is soul holy shit

Reach is very soulful.
Noble Six is cooler than John Halo

>Halo

Attached: 1639908977742.jpg (398x194, 31.25K)

Half of that list are fps kek

Sure was

Attached: 1644780575052.png (1500x1099, 848.29K)

>bioshock, halo and l4d is "half of the list"
pretty sure i listed ten games

>6 out of 10 are fps
Oh nnonononono

>excluding games like a whiny bitch
pathetic cope

fuck no, fuck off zoomer

which games besides bioshock, halo and l4d are fps games?
Demon Souls? No, that's an Action RPG
Dark Souls? Wrong again, see above.
Mount and Blade? I'm not even sure what genre it's in. Strategy? Action RPG? it's some kind of RPG.
Fallout 3? Don't tell me you think it's a shooter! you can't even ADS in that game.
Fallout New Vegas? Has shooting but it's not a core mechanic. So not a shooter. Also it's not really in first person because you can switch between the two but I guess MW2 let you do that as well...
L.A. Noire? I mean I guess you can shoot people but it's not in first person.
Portal? Sure it's first person and involves you shooting a gun. But it's not really an FPS. It's more of a puzzle game since the shooting is not really combat in the game.

>Sure it's first person and involves you shooting a gun. But it's not really an FPS.
It fucking DOES!

This was the dark ages (in vidya games)
Current year is unironically better

>posts anime
Opinion invalidated.