I've never played a jrpg before, except for pokemon but I always got burned out after the first few gyms...

I've never played a jrpg before, except for pokemon but I always got burned out after the first few gyms. What should my first real jrpg be? I can play any console or pc

Attached: 6ogmpsw0i3y71.jpg (1997x1125, 245.16K)

magisters were not nazis, and sourcerers legitimately threatened everyone else around them.

Etrian Odyssey

Young people today have a very wrong definition of "literal".

Bravley default is fun

>Nier Replicant
>Utawarerumono
>Xenoblade 1
>Final Fantasy V
Bravely Default and Black Souls are fantastic, but wouldn't really work as babby's first jrpg

Final Fantasy VII has turned over a huge number of people to the genre.

If you're too zoomer for all text and no VA, try FFX instead

Attached: Wallpaper_Sexy_Sephy_Advent_Children_Complete.jpg (640x480, 150.92K)

Terranigma

xenoblade
it only has most of these

you cry about young people yet you never were taught the definition of hyperbole in school.

Whats that bottom right game

Smt V

play Etrian Odyssey and realize it's the pinnacle of the genre

half of those aren't jrpgs
when someone says "JRPG" they don't mean japanese games with rpg elements, they mean a traditional jrpg with four or five niggas on a screen attacking another dude with TURN BASED combat.

imagine the trollface comic but instead of "fuck off, ESL" it's "LOL I HYPERBOLE YOU"

elden ring is a JRPG cope and seethe

I like everything in this starter pack and usually drop jrpgs that don't have at least 2 of these things.

Game on the bottom right?

"If it quacks like a duck". I'd argue that games like Xenoblade feel close enough to jrpg. I didn't mention Souls games because they don't feel like jrpgs
And if OP wanted an N niggas in a row game then he should've specified so

If you're mentioning an action fuckin rpg you might as well mention Souls.

definitely going for jrpg feel
I've played Dark Souls before, it's an action rpg that happens to be japanese. Undertale and Omori are jrpgs that happens to be western

Ok boomer

Literal Nazi/literally Hitler are literally ironic meme phrases

>jrpgs
Omori
Undertale
Fear & Hunger
Xenoblade

>debatable
Nier

>not jrpgs
Souls games

Nigger, you're lumping in an ACTION RPG with traditional turn based games.
One of these is not like the other, and that is Xenoblade.

please niggas what's the bottom right game

The easiest jrpgs to get into are fatlus rpgs. Persona is the JRPG even normies can like.
If you want the gist of the genres gameplay at a basic level you can play one of the earlier Final Fantasy games. Or just play FF7 since a bunch of people wank that game off. Same with Chrono Trigger.

Nigger Final Fantasy hasn't been truly turn based since 3 and if you're arguing games like Final Fantasy, TWEWY or Xenoblade Chronicles aren't JPRGs you are wrong and retarded. JRPGs can very much have an action component.

NEO TWEWY

ah fuck it looks fun but I got hard filtered by the first TWEWY
I couldn't comprehend the battle system

TWEWY and Xenoblade AREN'T jrpgs.
Most final fantasy games are turn based. As long as the base gameplay is the same of your turn my turn it is a traditional JRPG.

Infinite Space

Attached: 81ggh0f6sUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1463x1370, 235.45K)

You're a fucking clown and everything you say is wrong.

Haha you are retarded.
Oh yes and Diablo is a WRPG because it's an rpg made by fucking western people?
Diablo the same shit as Ultima?
lmao

OG TWEWY isn’t really that hard once you get it down. Here’s some advice from a vet.
>eat food each day up to 24 bytes and keep an eye on that or manipulate the DS clock to raise your stats some more
>pay attention to what pins you have in your deck when you set the DS to sleep each day; you get different types of experience for battle vs. sleep, so ideally you should have separate pin decks for when you're actively playing vs. when you're letting your pins sleep
>actively change the different difficulties (easy, normal, hard) so you can get all the pin drops; it's worth it
>decrease your level for increased drop rate; level ups ONLY give you more HP; all your attack and defense comes from food and clothes
>set your partner to "manual" as soon as you can get comfortable and practice doing so
>if battle is overwhelming, FOCUS ON THE LIGHT PUCK: focus on whoever has the light puck and focus on doing damage with that character. You'll gradually warm up to the battle system. Keep at it.
>you can cancel out of pin attacks using the sub-slot option, allowing you to react quickly in situations
>the puck gives your wind-up attacks (such as Burst Rounds, Massive Hit, Vortex Saber) extra burst damage as well as give your healing pins more HP intake if you use a drink while Neku has the puck on him, adding a greater degree of risk-vs-reward if you equip some of the lower-powered drink pins with more uses on them
>Try giving Neku filler pins that allow you to combat enemies with no problem while paying attention to Shiki’s screen. Pyrokinesis is pretty good for this.
>play until at least the end of the week
Overall, once you keep at it, it’s a really damn fun and inventive ARPG and it’ll make playing through NEO even more satisfying.

Attached: return of the king.png (1334x225, 109.41K)

Dragon Quest XI

FF7 og, FF4 og, FFT og, or Trails in the Sky are all solid choices

>TWEWY isn’t a JRPG
In what way is it not? That’s like arguing that the Tales or Ys games aren’t also JRPGs.

Attached: confused neku.gif (500x370, 996.71K)

Thanks chief, time to get stuck back into it

Where's the "Weirdly sexy antagonist who's related to you in some esoteric way"?

>Ys
>JRPG
I bet you think Zelda's a JRPG too.

Chrono Trigger should be everyone's first jrpg.

Way to ignore the other games in my post. But tell me, what makes those games not JRPGs? Is it solely due to the lack of turn-based elements? Because if so, you’re absolutely retarded.

What said, you might as well count any japanese game with any sort of rpg elements as a JRPG.
JRPGs as a genre refer to a subsection of games that retain the core gameplay of traditional jrpgs like Dragon Quest. It is a genre that was based on western games like Wizardry that were adapted to the East.
Golden Sun is a JRPG. Final Fantasy, DQ, Chrono Trigger, Lufia, these are all JRPGs, they retain the same general combat systems that were laid years and years ago.
Action RPGs are NOT jrpgs. Just like Diablo isn't a wrpg, Dark Souls, Xenoblade, Twewy, none of those are JRPGs.

>tfw you want to play a JRPG but it doesn't have a full translation patch.

Attached: zilloll.jpg (600x600, 60.7K)

Okay, what are the genres you can't talk about without definition autism takeover? I know of
>jrpg
>visual novel
>immersive sim
>SRPG/TRPG

metroidvanias and soulslikes

Roguelikes
I am the sole reason for this

>JRPGs as a genre refer to a subsection of games that retain the core gameplay of traditional jrpgs like Dragon Quest. It is a genre that was based on western games like Wizardry that were adapted to the East.
>Golden Sun is a JRPG. Final Fantasy, DQ, Chrono Trigger, Lufia, these are all JRPGs, they retain the same general combat systems that were laid years and years ago.
This is fucking retarded considering how Final Fantasy has incorporated more and more action elements into their gameplay as time progressed but people still refer to them as JRPGs.

Attached: 1499648478872.png (930x941, 586.8K)

Because most of their games are fundamentally JRPGs. At a certain point they transition to full on ARPGs.

>its only a JRPG if its like dragon quest
I wonder if Japan has retarded people like this too

Soulslikes I can understand, but metroidvanias? Interesting

user, you’re talking to an autist who insists that a game has to fit in his pre-established definition in order to count as a JRPG.

It's a definition that had been established for years by people that worked within the genre until dumbasses took it over. The same shit happened with roguelikes where now every game with permadeath and procgen is a roguelike.

Nip rpgs are the only rpgs to feature churches that are not evil, yet christcucks always only get triggered about them to make these kind of shitposts

Also the crystal is FF's trope, the power of friendship was never more than america's shitty translation, protag having a sword is rpg trope on general otherwise most chars on the pic are GQ heroes who can specialize on several weapon types, nazism and hardcore racism is more prominent in western games than japanese ones

The latter is, the former isn't.

>It's a definition that had been established for years by people that worked within the genre until dumbasses took it over.
Why kind of dumbass cope is this?

So you're saying Dark Souls is a jrpg?
Either you have a rigid definition of your genre or you have whatever bullshit you are spouting.
Come on, tell me, what do YOU think constitutes a jrpg?

a role playing game from japan

>inb4 he says dur dur a jrpg comes from Japan

Autism speaks

Here is my advice OP - dont other with story and setting, they all are letdown.
The only thing to look for as a filter:

> alright character development/characterization
> gameplay

Especially second part. having decent gameplay (battlesystem, exploration gameplay) can carry even if the rest is trash.

So Dark Souls?
Thanks for confirming your retardation.

Says the autist himself.

lalalalala i cant hear you neener neener neener