A friend told me Genshin lore is actually pretty crazy, especially the recent stuff...

A friend told me Genshin lore is actually pretty crazy, especially the recent stuff. Can someone give me a quick rundown on shit since Inazuma release?

I remember Genshin lore was really fucking obscure like shit with Dragonspine getting nuked by Celestia or the entire world is actually upside down or soemthing

Attached: 1640968515744.jpg (693x693, 49.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ucxce_1nJgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

babymaking sex with Ei

Attached: __raiden_shogun_genshin_impact_drawn_by_strigidae__c803cca3a6644593c0681c54577c021b.png (2205x2904, 2.9M)

Attached: 1644318239988.png (395x397, 194.59K)

Stinky fucking NEET

Attached: 1649629711074.png (1344x2326, 1.02M)

nah ignore inazuma
horrible story, horrible writing
irrelevant for the most part
only carried by cute girls

babymaking

Attached: segs 1.jpg (953x1139, 106.33K)

Based

Attached: da67c61fcceddc8608ccd1540aed4f19.jpg (2824x3033, 2.74M)

same lore its been from the beginning just expanded by new regions. The story is the same it's just theories about the main villain and what exactly bound the universe traveling main characters to this world by force.

Give me the rundown on the spiciest stuff loremaster

Attached: 1645638981065.jpg (1321x1800, 445.84K)

Next loredump is probably going to come from Honkai, since they're finally starting the PE civilization arc that has a shit ton of hinted crossover elements with Genshin

Attached: 1642307837031.png (1558x900, 2.85M)

The chasm was a monitoring facility for the original God that conquered teyvat from the primordial dragons that fell to the earth upside down when the second God appeared

Wasn't the Chasm supposed to be caused by some weird alien/meteor or something?

Attached: 1645406826694.png (250x250, 88.86K)

Remove kokomi.

Attached: 1649639881956.jpg (1433x843, 85.39K)

Isn't it also like a mass suicide site where hillichurls go to kill themselves when they get old or something.
>t. didn't read it

Attached: 1604841209406.png (500x433, 249.61K)

I just know the side quest story is so fucking boring and waste of time reading, probably they hired another guy to write all those side quest

Oy vey remember the Vishap genocide

Attached: 1645638038843.png (1053x847, 591.12K)

Apparently the lore in this game is interesting or something but you wouldn't fucking know it by playing, because the game trains you to skip through 95% of the text by making all of the dialogue is bloated with nonsense. Every NPC, no matter how unimportant, must wax philosophical about complete bullshit for a dozen lines in between each step of every quest.
Is this a chink writing thing? Every chinese game I've played has this issue.

fuck off, lizardgirl

>he can't speedread
Actual brainlet

nooooooo

Attached: 1649116931753.png (875x847, 484.52K)

Attached: 1633917031009.jpg (2666x1500, 1.13M)

Raiden's head looks like a penis.

Attached: 1646965346285.gif (800x600, 1.02M)

youtube.com/watch?v=Ucxce_1nJgM

Attached: NOOOOOOOOO.png (875x847, 819.07K)

BWEH

Attached: __raiden_shogun_and_yae_miko_genshin_impact_drawn_by_hinghoi__807162e3c92215f7a809e4dddcc62609.jpg (1673x1867, 336.1K)

Honkai sure has a lot of dudes these days

I'm considering starting Genshin because it's free and I'm bored, off work for the next week. How good is it free2play? I don't want to spend money on it.

Attached: 1528979617482.jpg (604x604, 27.86K)

It's good f2p. The only reason people spend money on it is because they want to, and you'll probably want to spend 5-15$ a month at least a couple of times if you really get into it, otherwise it's just f2p and fine.

You can complete literally everything in the game as a purely F2P player.
May take some time if you're unlucky, but it is possible and I've done it

>Genshin lore
Lol
People take shit like Traveler staying at beach with Paimon for months seriously?

I've never spent a penny on it and I have a ton of the best characters. Basically the gacha mechanics are designed to entice you into spending money, but you don't need to. The only reason to even do so is to get more "copies" of a character to minimally bump up their damage. The thing is there is no reason to bump your damage up in the first place. There is no super hard shit to overcome. You can get by exploring the world with the handful of characters you get at the start. Exploring itself gets you enough resources to get more characters. They're constantly putting out more events and places to explore which gets you more resources to get even more characters.

Spending money on the game is just for min/max fags who want to show off in a youtube video. Its perfectly enjoyable as F2P.

The big revelation this patch was that Hilichurls were actually cursed humans from the civilization that pissed off the Gods, the main story was good but most of the shit that involves the characters you play is pretty fucking weak and cringe

Attached: 1638039744671.png (1613x1891, 2.69M)

story=/lore

Why would you consider starting it now?
You already missed the magic moment at the launch
There's no mystery anymore, everything has a answer

It's a fact that the Traveler has information on Paimon and the world that the player does not. For example, we only found out the Traveler knew about Khaenri'ah during that Archon quest with Dainsleif and we still don't know their origin.

Attached: ilun5p3thdg81.jpg (1209x1080, 187.85K)

>everything has a answer
You fucking what?
There are hardly any answers to anything. In fact, there are more unanswered questions now than at the start.

but now you know where that one chest in mondstat was...
it's just not the same....

Bullshit, if you don't know shit about anything in the game playing it now will be a much better experience, the fact that you will see a light at the other side of the sea from the starting beach will show the size of the world, release genshin impact was genuinely shit and i only gave it a shot after inazuma came out, it was way more pleasant

We won't know their origin until 6-7 years dumbass, what do you think Mihoyo will do after Teyvat is done?
It'll just turn out that they were robots searching for something that could end Honkai or whatever the fuck big evil shit they need to stop

As a day one play I very much enjoyed the world of Genshin.

I had fun struggling to try and 100% explore each zone. Now days, I know the dev's patterns and can 100% each zone with ease, making it less enjoyable.

That said, I did have a lot of fun in The Chasm's underground zone.

God I hate incessant whiners.
>but I found the 2,000 chests in the game after playing for a few hundred hours, the world is fucking EMPTY

>have like 100 enemies in the game
>keep reusing Hilichurls and Mitachurls everywhere
What the absolute fuck? This is genuinely making me hate exploring Enkonymiya and Chasm, it's just shitty African tribesmen that die in a hit every fucking where

tempted to come back to genshin but gacha always makes me wanna pull my hair out; am i retarded

how likely am i to pull venti nowadays?

>3 kilometers between Mondstadt and Inazuma
>hurr why are there hilichurls everywhere
That's like complaining there are humans everywhere, come on man.

Venti is a pretty bad unit nowadays
Kazuha is pretty much better than him everywhere

The "upside down city" within the Chasm is from a time "before Kaenriah", and is where Hilichurls go to spend their final moments, due to the calming effects of the inverted fountain there.
>hilirchurls?
Hilichurls are cursed to be immortal by the Gods (not archons), and their every living moment is maddening agony.
Hilirchurls, who used to be the citizens of Kaenriah, wear masks because the sight of what they've become is pure torture to them.
Killing Hilichurls is a kindness, and not even Dainsleif blames you for killing them.

>two genshill threads

Nigga, its not about spending money. Its about how much are you willing to waste time on a corporate grinder that has zero content and is designed to keep you wasting money on “loot” forever. How do people not find this mind numbing and boring???

I don't give a shit about that
I want some fucking variety instead of same fucking Hilichurls everywhere
All the areas feel the same thanks to Hilichurl spam
I know Dawei has to include them for diversity points but is it that necessary to have them EVERYWHERE and no other enemies?

The main Honkai story is ending soon and they'll shift more to APHO and/or Star Rail, but the current arc should wrap up all the major mysteries, including any potential connections to the Travelers like the identity of K.K, and Project Ark, etc.

Attached: Eqm3NcIXcAU02WA.jpg (2048x970, 207.95K)

Inazuma added like 6 new enemy variants, what else do you want?

There are plenty of other enemies. Hyperbole doesn't make a good argument, retard.
And if you follow the story, you would now, in Chasm, know why they're everywhere.

Hilichurls are just unga bungas that are easily swayed my guy.

The Abyss mages, harbingers, and big mommie milkies are the cursed Kaenriah citizens.

Attached: 1620156516908.jpg (1252x1280, 384.82K)

>big mommie milkies
Those are Fatui, not abyss

I don't know because I skip all text.

I cannot stand how damn wordy Genshin Impact is. Paimon will bring up a lame joke and go on about it for a while minute. It reminds me too much of Nasu writing and I hate that shit.

Here's a quick and dirty rundown.
The Shogun Ei is not the original archon. Raiden Makoto was killed during the battle 500 years ago in Khaenri'ah. At the same time, Inazuma was under attack by a dark force that likely came from outside Teyvat.
Ei made a robot to govern and placed her mind into a sword so her mind wouldn't slowly erode from existing for too long. (Seems all gods have this problem eventually)
There were multiple human nations that were around at the time of Khaenri'ah, one of which was a group of Greeks trapped under a Japanese island. Their god appears to have been ordered by celestia to commit suicide by archon because he gained forbidden knowledge.
The hilichurls are Khaenri'ans, cursed to slowly lose their minds and eventually die of mental erosion.
The abyss order wants to revive Khaenri'ah, and your sibling is helping them do it.
The skyfrost nail we saw in Dragonspine appears to have been dropped on more than one human civilization. None of those nations survive to this day.
Paimon seems to think the nail is a good thing almost on feel alone, but also because it destroys the chasm's dark blight.
Her sleeves match the pattern on the nail.

t. didn't pay attention to Chasm dialogue at all.
You fucking retard.

>tfw you get nothing but ER cards on floor 12
feels like shit

>The Abyss mages, harbingers, and big mommie milkies are the cursed Kaenriah citizens.
No, hilichurls are citizens too.
The abyss mages are the ones trying to save them, because they are some of the few enemies that actually hold their conscience through the curse.

There's barely any hillichurl in inazuma though

I wish they'd add a fucking lock on so my character would stop doing 180s whenever I use my burst

Your C3R1 Raiden Shogun?

Abyss Mages literally have face under their masks and this is not just bad modeling. The animation specifically has they take off their mask right when they teleport and immediately put it back on they arrive. Hilichurls probably also don't have faces behind their masks.

Attached: 9xw0lk62hio71.jpg (538x536, 26.12K)

I don't mind Hilichurls everywhere. They're the annoying goblin race you'd expect. I do mind when there are treasure hoarders everywhere and they all wear the same shit. Maybe mix up the colors a bit depending on the region so they look like they fit in somewhat to the region.

But then again we're talking about a game where you start at one end of a "country" and run for 5 minutes and you're already in another country.

What hyperbole? 90% of the enemies in the game are Hilichurls
>And if you follow the story
I haven't done that since 2.0, I stopped giving a shit about the story
I want every area to do that
What Inazuma did was nice, actually made it feel unique compared to other areas

They literally say in chasm dialogue that hilichurls dont take off their mask because if they see their own reflection it reminds them of what an ugly monster they've become (aka a nigger)

>90% of the enemies in the game are Hilichurls
retard

Meant
>no face

Attached: 63g8hk62hio71.jpg (547x576, 44.57K)

>I haven't done that since 2.0, I stopped giving a shit about the story
Last (You) from me then. If you can't be fucked paying attention to new information, you don't get to make retarded fucking statements.

Every area did do that.
Both enkanomiya and chasm added new enemies as well.
Every area added in the game so far has had at least one new enemy type.

Enkonymiya adding Abyss Heralds/Shadow Husks or whatever they were called was nice but there's only 3 in the entire fucking map
I also don't remember seeing those elemental balls outside of the tiny cave

More of those Husk dudes are in Chasm. Fuck Standard-Bearers.