Meant to buy Outer Worlds

>meant to buy Outer Worlds
>ending up accidently buying this crap instead

Attached: OW_Epic_PortraitStorefront_1200x1600-99dad6c305834ce163cabb944d909304.jpg (1200x1600, 272.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XfB91VCpoqc
youtu.be/9sZq71GFjaE
youtu.be/KQrcRTA6_5M
youtu.be/zHm-GAuy8CI
youtube.com/watch?v=lwFcKaooVQM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but this game is actually good
while outer worlds is irredeemable dogshit

Congratulations user, you've accidentally bought actual kino

Now get the fuck out of this thread before you get spoiled

Attached: 1629498465394.png (962x642, 646.14K)

Believe me the universe just saved you

it's THE Outer Worlds you retard

how? Looks boring

pure exploration/puzzle is the highest of single player video game genres. it is the exact opposite of moviegames, taking full advantage of the unique narrative abilities of an interactive medium

> its 3am
> you just pieced it all together, you found the ATP
> you know what you must do
Then this kicks in
youtube.com/watch?v=XfB91VCpoqc
Pure kino, these are the moments that you will only experience once, just like the start and the end of the universe

good luck OP

The best mistake you could ever make.
It's akin to grabbing different lottery ticket than one you were going for an winning the lottery with that.

It's kino, it's basically a metroidvania but instead of unlocking new areas with weapons or abilities you do it with the knowledge you get from exploring the solar system, it's genius.

There is not a single moment in the entirety of gaming that can compare to getting in your ship and hearing that music start up, being afraid that the sun will explode and then realizing that this is it.

Attached: outerwilds26.png (960x830, 1.12M)

youtu.be/9sZq71GFjaE
We do not have much connection, you and I. Still, this encounter feels special. I hope you won’t mind if I think of you as a friend.

Attached: TG pain.jpg (842x550, 89.83K)

1. Is the DLC worth it?
2. If it is, should I play it during or after I beat the main game?

Attached: 1577440409483.png (936x590, 20.31K)

Yes
I would say after

1. Yes
2. Due to the nature of the game, it doesn't really matter, it's integrated seamlessly into the game itself

It's worth it, still not as good as the base game tho.
You can do it whenever you want, doesn't really matter, I would recommend near the end but it's your call.

>3am
Yeah i think thats accurate for me. Never been more immersed in a game than in that moment to be honest, felt like i was there

Yea Forums hates walking simulators, except this one

i was drunk and did the same thing.

congrats you subhuman retard. you accidentally bought the vastly better and superior game.

I lucked my way into the ATP way too early, like the first time I landed on the sandy planet. Got out with that thing, that music starts playing, think welp dunno what to do with it but I guess this is the end of the loop and brought it to the museum to add something neat to it.

Kinda robbed the ending of some of the gravitas it probably would've had.

What's with the contrarian shitposting of outer wilds? The game and it's DLC were absolute kinography

Attached: 1631261211423.jpg (970x850, 97.39K)

Kinda but it's not as good.
After you complete everything in the main game except for the final bit. Do the DLC before the final bit of the main game.

damn idk. contrarianism is so out of the ordinary on Yea Forums. weird

sorry about that dude. Its just a boring walking sim

youtu.be/KQrcRTA6_5M

Attached: sad-girl-crying.jpg (236x277, 13.52K)

The most kino part for me was finding the existance of the solar station, landing on it with the ship after dying like 10 times because i thought the teleport tower was fucked, and realizing the truth behind it, then to go back to my ship just to watch it sink inside the sun, realizing there's no way out, i just went back to the side of the nomai skellybro and waited until the sun destroyed the station with me inside, absolute kino and the moment i knew i was in for a wild ride

Attached: Outer-Wilds-Screenshot-2019-06-07-11-37-19.jpg (1920x1080, 204.28K)

>meant to buy Loop Hero
>ending up accidentally buying this crap instead

Attached: loophero.jpg (460x215, 48.57K)

You did well OP
Just remember that it's ok and manly to cry in this game

lol they actually had to rename that game

You failed upwards. Wilds is a better game.

Most of Yea Forums loves this game so being contrarian and calling it shit will net you more (You)s since people love replying to bait

do I play outer wilds with a controller or mkb

Only being able to experience this once is not fucking fair

I did the exact opposite lol, I meant to buy outer wilds and bought outer worlds

youtu.be/zHm-GAuy8CI
>1:10

Attached: DakK5fzWsAA5YUp.jpg (400x400, 13.89K)

Controller is best since you have better control over flying speed (analog vs digital)

Controller. The analog movement is somewhat essential for maneuvering your ship.

Reddit post reading simulator in spesse

Mkb will actually do

For me it's the sound design
>that distress beacon signal

What happened?

Attached: oleg-vdovenko-6fa2b2f1df2bda87dc127edf673bdfee.jpg (3840x2160, 1.7M)

youtube.com/watch?v=lwFcKaooVQM

Attached: 1632752231917.jpg (959x960, 126.62K)

The outer wilds dlc is shit tho

No

You are wrong tho

I agree, gameplay is trash

>tfw you tell your story to the prisoner
The dlc is great. People shitting on it were filtered by the "stealth" sections

Attached: 1626758115554.jpg (1200x888, 135.86K)

>We can hear the other escape pods’ distress signals, which gives me hope. Foli, are you still here?
>Foli, are you still here? I am unsure how to survive in this place without you. I am unsure how to be me without you.

Attached: 2bfist.gif (413x449, 2.4M)

100% hands down the best way to experience this game is by taking a shot of whiskey every time you die. If you're going to pilot a wooden crate with a rocket strapped to the back then you better be drunk. And the drunker you get, the more reckless you become, the more unexpected dots you connect, and the the drunker you get when you inevitably just fly into the sun over and over.

OWL'D.COM

the stealth sections were not fun. They added to the experience, most definitely. But they weren't fun.

There is no mandatory stealth in the dlc, they can all be circumvented. I think. At least i saw people saying that

I've lurked the sporadic Outer Wilds thread since back when it was a student project back in like 2015, and I've never seen as much negativity about it as I have in the past few months. Wonder what happened.

Attached: OuterWilds_5-31-13 2013-06-28 16-33-42-92.jpg (1600x900, 193.96K)

You can but it's unrealistic to expect player to know how.
After each stealth section you learn of a new secret that lets you circumvent the area you just completed.
Though to be honest the only hard one is the lodge, which I skipped by making a perfect jump down from the entrance

don't let the awful tutorial remote ship trick you into thinking you can't play with a keyboard

so you upgraded

That's because this is a puzzle game.

I wish I could forget this game so I can replay it fresh in VR. Does the DLC have VR support?

Attached: 1521990897580.png (426x364, 9.84K)

space alien a cute

Not exactly a walking sim since you have flying mechanics, gravity, puzzle and other weirder stuff even.

Newfags caught wind that it was highly regarded, and now the pendulum swings away from it for a while.

I'm inclined to agree. The base game is definitely a hard act to follow up, but the DLC feels very lacking because that's simply all it is, a follow-up act. I really enjoyed Outer Wilds because every single element of the gameplay felt like it had a reason to be there. Everything was designed from scratch and there was no formula they had to adhere to. That just makes the DLC's gameplay feel very retrofitted in comparison. The time looping that was super integral to the main game was just a hindrance because it mostly just destroyed the village further and locked you out of opportunities instead of letting you explore more things. I think it would have been much better if they just made it a short standalone spin-off game where they wiped the slate clean and carefully considered everything again. "How do we tie this into the main game?" was definitely a design restriction they had when making the DLC that they should have just done away with.

People who try to discard it as a "walking sim" are immediately discredited, because flying the ship takes finesse. Only fags use autopilot.

The game was built with gamepad in mind. I remember playing the alpha a decade ago and there literally wasn’t a keyboard option.

Unrionically the only western game released post-2015 that I actually enjoyed tbqh

Sorry but the dlc is unpolished as hell, i stepped off the boat and clipped straight out of bounds, dont get me started on all the textures suddenly disappearing

both are reddit tier garbage

There's absolutely nothing wrong with MKB for this game, except some of the default keybinds are unintuitive. 2 and 3 to scroll through text? Come the fuck on, bro. Why would you not make that mousewheel?

honestly i ran the final trip twice as a demo before i even attempted it once i realized if i fucked up I couldnt respawn. What an amazing game, truly one of a kind.

anyone else just watch a no commentary playthrough lol

Attached: 1635652157209.jpg (542x500, 55.02K)

>The base game is definitely a hard act to follow up
The base game is the culmination of everything the dev has been working on since he started gamedeving. Outer Wilds was his thesis project. Every project he did throughout gamedev school was a mechanic, level, etc meant to be put into the final game. And then when he graduated, a studio picked it up to help him polish it. It's practically the dude's life work. He put so much time, thought, and effort into it I'm doubtful he can ever match up to it again. Especially with a publisher nipping at his heels like I suspect happened with the DLC. But we need more "exploration for exploration's sake" style games so I'll happily eat whatever he shits out t b quite h with you.

>Especially with a publisher nipping at his heels
I get so fucking tired of this shit, just let the genius work it's magic for fucks sakes