How do you start your runs ?

How do you start your runs ?
>immediately go to the right to check how thick the mountain wall is
>then go down to the emerald tablet
>if I find a black hole or explosives good enough to dig the mountain I go straight to the overgrown cavern to loot some beasts
>else I just collect 300 gold and go to the first holy mountain
>if there's no good perks I just speedrun mindlessly to the bottom until I die

Attached: No.png (248x230, 35.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cr4xy.dev/noita
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I refunded it because it got boring an hour in

>get water, get some wands if there's any
>go to lava lake and cross it
>drop down to ice caves
>try not to get hit and grab wands from here
>go back up when I have good wands/potions and enter first holy mountain
>now I should have a decent damage wand and teleport wand or a potion that lets me exit holy mountain without destroying it so I can come back and edit wands

greed run. every run. 6031 deaths, 6 victories.

Gather 200 gold quick as I can, go for 600 if there's an abundance on the way to the portal. Then see if there's one of a select few perks, and/or after re-rolling once or twice. If not one of those perks, quit and start a new game.

mountain orb -> scan mines for hearts -> beeline for fungal
with an optional "die to steve after fucking up the statue kick" when i get something that can dig out of the shop because i literally cannot stop myself

Check if I have anything to reach the orb on top, otherwise run around first level randomly until I have 200 gold minimum. Attempt Fungal Caverns in lvl 2 if health permits it.

I used to go check fungals too but realized that the time spent to find wands there was not really worth it. I just go there if I have too much health to leave but not enough health to skip the life refill

if I get magic missile or something to help dig up to the floating island I'll go get the orb and tablet, if I really want to do a long run I'll walk to the pyramid for that orb too, but usually I don't bother
otherwise with a normal bomb wand start I'll enter the mines and go east, to get the tablet quick. If I already got the tablet from the floating island then I'll go west from the entrance to go to collapsed mines first.

Attached: noita-20220214-224638-2126306364-00560884.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>farm the first mine to near completion
>if my health drops too low i abort and move on
then its all up to whatever i get, if i can make it back up or move around without dying

Plunge into the hole while skating on the cart/minecart/skateboard and try to kick it into the nearest enemy mid air. Trick kill every enemy in the mines or at least until I lose enough health to have to move on. I usually decide what to do from there. If I have spells conducive to trick kills I keep doing that. The exploding crystal is really great for this. I don't bother with heading to the money zone or doing orb autism anymore because this game sucks

I go down

>t. worm

>EWE still isn't the default state of the game

Attached: anger control.jpg (755x478, 191.75K)

>not playing on nightmare
ngmi

>TEoE still isn't the default state of the game

Attached: 1634986759482.jpg (152x254, 14.23K)

I get water, then scan the mines for whatever lets me explore the overworld. If there's nothing then I just check if the first holy mountain has any good perks, if not I skip to come back later at the ice cavern level.

It's a slow start, but I've made even terrible runs make it to the bottom with a little patience.

I play nightmare mode almost exclusively now. Go all fucking out? Teleportitis perk, Fuck yeah get it! Freeze field, gonna get it too.
I promptly proceed to glass canon nuke myself, but I have a lot of fun with it

>Start run
>alt-tab
>open browser
>cr4xy.dev/noita
>Plan out everything like an autist
>die before achieving most of it

Get 200+ gold and whatever in mines, then go to fungal

>get greedy and try to get more stuff/gold with 10hp left
>die from a frog who was hidden in a corpse

>dig through pile of stuff
>one pixel of it was actually an oxygen canister

>start new game
>immediately save and quit, reload
>find poly and enjoy free chest by using it in each holy mountain
always a good way to start.

Attached: 1647204442613.webm (1280x720, 819.76K)

>digging with seesaws after the second floor

Attached: 1644776206264.jpg (750x894, 113.8K)

Same

>implying i get to choose the randomly generated spells in my run

>pacifist run to the jungle
>hope for something good
>reset if there is nothing I can use to get to parallel worlds

Cool variation of the pee wand

>reset if there is nothing I can use

honestly this is why noita ISN'T a great game. they try to make the game be about learning and playing methodically but the important parts are still completely RNG

canisters are not in hard rock so you were probably digging a snow pile for no reason, you deserved that death

What's funny is that it probably barely hurts the bullet-spongy midtier enemies

t. someone whos done exactly what i've done a hundred times

this
>no fire immunity perk by the vault means your run is basically over

Not him, but end-game I've been using the touch of death spells and found out there's no actual way to use them completely safely since the can bounce off shields.

the only canister death I get are those who come back to me when I shoot at them

what are some must have spells to unlock ? unlocking fireball orbit changed my life for early game, it's so broken it's not even fun

yeah, touch of spells can never be truly safe
you can even get hit by a twitchy mage which makes your wand shuffle
but if you have saving grace it won't kill you

With enough knowledge and some skill, you can salvage pretty much any run. Though making it to parallel worlds is a different thing.

>With enough knowledge and some skill, you can salvage pretty much any run.

but you arent tho. you're just gonna reset cause its easier.

True. If I can't find circle of healing or even healing bolt I just fuck around until something kills me. Always a good time.

Greek letters
Tentacle + ice
add trigger/timer
The animal summoning ones for the lulz
Nuke for hiisi firing a nuke wand at you lulz

I start the game with the following perks:
"EDIT_WANDS_EVERYWHERE",
"EXTRA_PERK",
"ATTRACT_ITEMS",
"WAND_RADAR",
"ITEM_RADAR",
"EXTRA_MONEY",
"EXTRA_MONEY_TRICK_KILL",
"HEARTS_MORE_EXTRA_HP",
"UNLIMITED_SPELLS",
"HOVER_BOOST",
"PROTECTION_FIRE",

So that starting a long run is less RNG dependent and I dont have to "farm" the first layer, but still random enough that runs vary wildly. I will note that I regret that fire immunity is in there, because while fire is a fair mechanic early on, it becomes tedious later on without it, as many fun effects will force you to constantly put yourself out.

Attached: 1645562050221.gif (1080x720, 1.64M)

yeah without any reliable source of healing you may as well just quit cause never being hurt pretty much requires unwavering focus.

Not me. Going against the odds is part of the fun.

The greek alphabet spells. That lets you get infinite spells and start exploring.
Omega blackhole + nølla is very fun

If you find a way to come back to the holy mountain, you can save the health bonus for healing.

If I start with a mud potion then I use that to get the magic eye, then the earth stone, and then I dig to the minigun wand, and then the 200k, and then I start the run

>If I start with a mud potion then I use that to get the magic eye, then the earth stone, and then I dig to the minigun wand

i really really hate how you're almost FORCED to reach the wiki to actually progress in this game.

Doesn't matter to me

how do you use mud to pass to the other side of the tree ?

I usually do that but get the experimental wand and skip the 200k gold. It's way too tedious to do that while using just those 2 things to dig.

that is not normal progression, totally unnecessary to get the minigun to progress the game

Spray mud against the tree, some mud leaves dirt, you can now climb
To get back the tree is climbable naturally

and where do you have to dig to get the minigun ?

What's the magic eye, the hourglass/snowy depths secret room?

Ah nevermind. The evil laser eye thing. Gotcha. That's kinda tedious digging like that..

Right up against the wall on the right. You have to dig for a long time, you'll pass by a huge room with the moon radar on your way
It's a held item that shoots a weak plasma laser. Not secret, it spawns right next to the left side of the tree, sometimes buried in snow

Not that guy, but I still use it to get through tough terrain if the path is short enough. You can grab the orb guarded by the wand connoisseur without alerting it if you grab it from below, for example.

any example of what you do with the experimental wand ?

It's a decent wand to start, I just use it to fight for the first 3 floors or so. They nerfed it a lot from what it used to be though.
There's also the color spells that can make your wand shoot faster if you have slots.

Yeah I just checked the wiki, seems like it's not a bad way at all

>make unassuming, generic looking enemy
>it explodes like a fucking nuke

Attached: 233262342357.webm (800x450, 2.83M)

>You can grab the orb guarded by the wand connoisseur without alerting it if you grab it from below
did they fix the tech of not jumping too high to not trigger it ?

the last update was a year ago, i don't think nolla is fixing shit anymore.

They did, last I checked.