Shills stop being paid

>shills stop being paid
>threads stop
What happened? Why are Dread and Returns so bad?

Attached: numetroid.jpg (1710x900, 164.91K)

Are you just making a thread to have something to discuss? I don't feel like you actually feel this way.

Cope is off the charts.

>I don't feel like you actually feel this way.
Returns and Dread aren't very good, why do you think I wouldn't feel that way?

Because the only good thing about it is how Samus controls, while the level design fucking sucks and it's built around events progressing the game state that makes the game excessively linear by design with only a few intended sequence breaks that change how you progress very little, and substantial sequence breaks require abusing bugs that can cause softlocks when returning to skipped areas because of the event-based design conflicting with things.
Also the aesthetics are shit and they reused the same minibosses way too much.

Because being a contrarian asshole is a great way to start a thread on Yea Forums.

Hey, thanks for actually taking the time to type out a response. Another complaint I have about Dread's environment is that it feels very sterile, the complete opposite of what Metroid's atmosphere is supposed to feel like, at least to me. I also really don't like how the counter trivializes a lot of encounters and how the bosses and mobs are designed specifically around it.
Most people dislike Returns and there's no consensus on Dread. If I wanted to be contrarian I would have posted Super Metroid in the OP.

>I also really don't like how the counter trivializes a lot of encounters and how the bosses and mobs are designed specifically around it.
I agree, it kind of simplifies the combat and makes countering the best option in almost all situations. I do think Dread made the counter better than it was in Returns, primarily because it's much faster and doesn't break momentum as much, and it isn't required to get that special beam resource anymore, but I still wish it wasn't prioritised so heavily. And the final boss requiring counters to advance through his phases is just shit where they cared more about making the fight cinematic than actually fun to play.

I suppose there is some optimism to be had in that while Dread was mediocre it was still a big step up over Returns, so hopefully the next game actually will be good. Though I definitely don't expect good art direction out of it so long as they stick with 2.5D and Mercury Steam (where all the people responsible for Lord of Shadow's great art direction had already quit before the second game came around).

Attached: dread counter.png (1514x451, 83.62K)

I loved Dread, one of my favourite games of all time IMO.

I hate how sammy controls desu. Light dash and jumps/wall jumps are fine, but shinesparking being tied to L3 and trying to aim 180* with the sticks(especially with how loose they feel) doesn’t play well for me. Super and ZM/fusion got it right having just a diagonal shot, having to manually aim your shots isn’t as tight as it should be and imo just slows down fights

The world itself is fine, I’d just say it’s either too linear(definitely nowhere close to how bad fusion and SR were) or the loading times are a hindrance

Solid 8.5/10 otherwise

Attached: 1646336306754.gif (1000x793, 674.85K)

>I suppose there is some optimism to be had in that while Dread was mediocre it was still a big step up over Returns
I don't have any faith in 2D Metroid but I'll probably still try Prime 4 when it comes out. Being a Metroidfag is suffering.

Games are supposed to just be the flavor of the month in this era and Dread is more than a month old.

Replaying it again, and it's probably my least favorite next to Fusion to replay. The EMMI fights are just too often and don't add in anything engaging especially since I know what they are about now. Just run away, get the power up, find a long hallway (for the most part). I think there should have been maybe just one or two of those EMMI fights, would have just been a novel section of the game. Instead looses all its impact after like the 4th one and hinders exploration.

>but shinesparking being tied to L3
Oh yeah, I did hate that. No idea why the fuck they did it.

I got stuck on the blue emmi for so long because I kept trying to blast its face shield off from the small hallways I was used to. I think needing to use the ceiling rail was a great idea

Bad bait op lmao

Also, the cutscenes induces by counters on bosses are so fucking lame, just let me play the fucking game.

>just dont use the counter bro haha you dont NEED to watch the 30 second cutscenes you get for pressing a button
>pretty much every enemy and boss is designed around it
wow...

You wanna talk about vore or no?

the only thing that sucks about dread is that it feels bad to play fast, with how often you have to switch areas

as for returns any idiot knows just to play am2r so it’s your own fault for even touching it

what

It's just Fusion 2.0 which is already my least favorite metroid game

Dread's an old game now. People that wanted to play it played it.

Dread is a disposable metroidvania, it has no innovations and its big gimmick with EMMIs is a detriment to the game. The exploration aspects are all the same from super after nearly 30 years (hidden breakable blocks, speed boost puzzles, grappling, morph ball bombing) except the progression/level design aren't as good. As bad as metroid fusion was (and I do think it's worse than dread) it at least tried something new even though it failed. Ironically mercurysteam, the people who got shir for the new castlevanias, were the ones who salvaged dread with their ideas (along with some input from nintendo internally), metroid deserves better than Sakamoto. I can only hope he loses more control with metroid 6 and that tanabe doesn't fuck up prime 4 with his wildly inconsistent track record

Attached: dad.png (200x675, 134.01K)

Dread is goty tier

There are multiple threads every day, and you people can't help but resort to making bait ones instead of actually bothering with legit OPs. There's a new Boss Rush mode that came out and not once have I seen a thread about it or a discussion about the times or opinions on it. Just stuff like this baiting people to refute or negate the thread premise and then leave without any interest in having a convo. This might as well be another in a long line of covert shill threads.

Good for you, user. I thought it was a fantastic time. Great movement, fun to speed run, cool exploits, and background story-telling with really deliberate and consistent area design.

>background story-telling
the story is told entirely through cutscenes and text

>Snoys at it again

There are elements in the background that indicate what's gone on and what's going on. One of the bosses is being experimented on and disappears prior to being met. One of the deactivated E.M.M.I.s that is stationary in the background is seen moving upon a return after a pivotal story moment. Corpius slinks in the background and attacks prey leading up to your fight with him. Chozo Soldiers have their own instances of BG traversal leading up to engagements. Etc.

I wouldn't consider any of those story moments aside from the deactivated EMMI which is shown happening in a cutscene with quiet robe

>Another cope thread

Attached: 1505979509137.jpg (489x382, 120.16K)

It's about as sterile as your father, unfortunately

I don't care about your opinion on the matter.

Found something interesting in the Dread Report, Samus’s right arm is integrated with the Power Suit. Samus has cybernetic implants.

>foreshadowing upcoming events isn't storytelling
Boy that was one of the best parts of fusion, there was always a build up to events, and dread continues that

I feel like dread has the same problem odyssey had. The controls are too fucking good for hoe easy the game is. I still liked both games though. Just don't find experiences as memorable if I didn't struggle a bit.

speedrunners pretty much never use the counter, why are you people so bad at videogames

foreshadowing a boss fight that has nothing to do with the overall story. The EMMI thing is a story element that was explained in a cutscene, the chozo soldier's leaving could be considered one but that's a sequel hook that may or may not appear again with sakamoto's wild retcons and story inconsistencies

>Snoys
I'm convinced the people that come into threads criticizing Nintendo games and post this are actually Snoys themselves trying to make Nintendofags look bad. Returns and Dread suck ass and it's obvious that it was your first Metroid game if you don't think so.

Attached: snoy.png (808x1079, 690.97K)

EMMIs are really fun pseudo stealth sections. They filter tastelets

Go back, Snoy

I don't care about anyone's opinion on the game but when I saw those blue saws early on in the game my little brother who was watching jumped off the couch and said "DUDE, IT'S SONIC!"

>Game stops being actively discussed
>Seething continues

>wtf why aren't people still making 5+ threads per day about a game that released 7 months ago??

Attached: 24802785.png (1113x1113, 1.92M)

this

Attached: snoy seething.png (868x1920, 994.72K)

Thanks for the argument, retard

Better than your COPE will ever be.

Why does this autist make the same Metroid hate thread every single day?

Because snoys are SEETHING that nobody cares about their garbage.

>speedrunners pretty much never use the counter, why are you people so bad at videogames
I'm not a tranny, sorry

kek

Can you make this for Halo Infinite?

Metroid was just ok.
its forgettable and boring on most of its gameplay.

I just remembered the snoy meltdown over new snap, God they were so mind raped over that for some reason

Funny enough that game is also pretty much forgotten by now

meanwhile, metroid speedrunners look like this while you're a fat mutt shitposting on a basket weaving forum

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 97.48K)

Every game is forgotten by now by that tranny metric of COPE.
You snoytrannies felt threatened enough to review bomb it, that tells you everything you need to know.

Those trannies review bomb everything Nintendo and Xbox, it’s pathetic.

True, but snap was well above average levels of seething.
Best part, like with dread the repeated cope complaints they repeat from somebody else they haven't played are very obvious

As someone who's not in the console war race and just played this on an emulator
It's the biggest 7/10 for me, it's a fun ride but a forgettable one and I had many problem with it. The over reliance of the counter, the EMMI encounters, the barebones story and shit ending, the generally sterile music and not enough extra content to keep you playing(this was at launch and the game was too short imo)
Had fun, glad I didn't play 60 bucks for it

Not a snoytranny, sorry.
Just mentioning the fact that no one is talking about that game anymore