Which one do you prefer?

For me, it's modded.

Attached: 202546e4-07b5-470b-92cb-219451ad0d15.png (805x1234, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Java_Edition_Beta_1.7.3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

minecraft lost its soul, for me its modded so its at least fun

1.18 with performance mods.

where are the floats

Alpha generation, about 1.2 with nether update

current 1.18 is the best minecraft. your cherrypicked screenshot flatlands biome won't change the fact.

Attached: 1649509974690.jpg (1280x720, 310.51K)

i tried modded and you can just mine 40 blocks at a time with a wooden pick, this is apparently a basic feature of every pack, why not just play creative at that point

I'm enjoying finding a slim crevice that leads all the way to the bottom in 1.18 very much.

For you it’s cock and balls. Now kys

Let me guess, you downloaded the most popular modpack and installed it without looking up what the mods inside do?

1.16 ftb academy which is supposed to include the baseline stuff most packs use

For me, it's 1.18. Now someone tell me what to build here

Attached: 2022-04-04_18.17.30.jpg (2560x1377, 628.2K)

What was the last version before Notch left?

Modded alpha

Attached: faggots.jpg (413x303, 77.18K)

I like them all since I have access to all of it with no effort at all.

Attached: 2021-12-16_20.35.15.png (1680x1050, 2.47M)

Custom maps with hand-done terrain.

>playing minecraft past the age of 12
C'mon man, its time to move on.

mushroom fuckhouse with mushroom hookah pipes and mooshroom cow onaholes

1.8, but he passed the lead to Jeb after 1.0, I believe

>no FLAOT
did he died

You know, a mushroom-themed fantasy village would be pretty nice. Shame you can't bring piglins into the overworld, or they'd have made for great villagers

Attached: 971f05dfc263d21a31035f1cbeb2ef4a--caterpillar-tattoo-hookah-pipes.jpg (736x649, 84.63K)

FLAOTposting is not a man. It is an idea.

Attached: FLAOT1.png (985x911, 1.12M)

Fixed it.

Attached: Minecraft_Worldgen.png (1200x2667, 1.3M)

If you complete the project, you could always go Creative and pop a few spawn eggs.

Raytracing

Attached: 1644732014589.jpg (1280x720, 154.42K)

They convert to zombifed piglins in the overworld after a while either way, I'm pretty sure. And I don't want to use creative in my survival world. But I could use pacified pillagers for the flair, but at a certain point regular villagers might be enough. Just so the place doesn't feel deserted

Ah, I see my mistake.
It's possible to make functional piglins in the overworld, BUT it requires you to do some bullshit with them in world editing programs.
So yeah, you're better off dealing with Villagers.

Modded, Idk how people still play vanilla anymore.

God I hate the hyper reflective water meme that everyone uses to show how good raytracing is

What mod is that?

iirc RTG and some other things. Ask on /mmcg/

Being between the ages of 12-17
Keep trying to seem cool at school loser

1.18 is miles better than the shit 1.17 and versions before it, but beta was still really good.

Ah OP you almost got me to reinstall minecraft.
not today, no sir.

og with stay true texture pack and optifine :)

Yep, as i exptected.
Just make your own mod pack by downloading the mods you want instead of a big popular mod pack, i know that shit takes time because of the pages upon pages of mods to scroll on curse, but at least you get what you want to play with.

Indev was the best mode in alpha. The chunks loaded wrong and you could fall into the void. You had a limited number of resources even on the map. Your game would just end eventually. It was great. The secret Friday updates notch would make and post and not even post all of the contents were probably one of the best video game related times I’ve had. Very fun

Touch water

Modded. Basic is so damn bland.

this one
minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Java_Edition_Beta_1.7.3

I blew all my creative drive for this game in the indev infdev period, so any version now is dogshit for me because I just don't enjoy making my own fun in minecraft anymore

what's this

thats the version that had some of the best land gen in the game. I used to use that phoenix mod to really spice it up..

I want that land gen again.
I havent played past 1.14 so not sure whats going on with later version

The version that was before infinite generating world.

My problem with 1.18 is that while the world is huge, it is still FUCKING EMPTY

You have no reason to travel around the world.

Attached: 1643964539605.jpg (500x500, 86.06K)

yea it was great

what mod is bottom

the thing with 1.18 is even if most of it is still pretty boring, sometimes you'll find crazy shit which would never happen in previous world gen. That gives me some incentive to go out and find new places to base every so often. Also river travel makes things alot easier.

Attached: 2022-01-04_22.32.26.png (1920x1017, 3.92M)

what could they add to make it less empty? everything is still procedural and would get boring like villages and temples. They cant write lore becuase people would spaz out, and same with new bosses.

Terraria did it fine

Just add rare shit like the mansions. Of course those weren't that great, but if you put a miniboss or something in it theres plenty of incentive. Boss doesn't even have to be a new mob, it could just be a pigman with gimped out netherite armor or something. Also add rare variations of biomes. Like some darwinian jungle or a plains biome with wheat instead of grass. Shit like that would make the game way better without radically changing everything.

you want them to make minecraft 2d?

They should seriously make it so every biome has at least X setpieces to find, some of those being rare, maybe even some in the 1/5000s range

No biome should feel like it was a complete waste of time to visit

>reading comprehension

Every time I play this game, it feels so lonely.

>gamer friends don't want to waste time with minecraft
>normalfags don't have the hand-eye coordination to play minecraft
it is a lonely fate

Obviously not, the point is that Terraria incentivizes and rewards exploration. 90% of the shit you can find in Minecraft is useless and so it lacks both incentive and reward. The game has existed for way too fucking long to still be as empty as it is. Anyone who has been playing this since its early days has no real reason to even play it anymore because it takes like 3 fucking years to get a "major" update, and then when they do that, the "major" update is making shit like bigger caves that still have fucking nothing in them.

minecraft needs a real competitor to incentivize the devs. Im not even interested in hytale but I hope it blows up so mojang realizes they need to get their shit together. They're kinda like the sims devs right now.

Honestly the game needs more mobs, structures and probably a way to have diverse weaponry.

alpha 1.6.6

Based,
/thread

The wildlife is very limited and I don't like squidwards at all. Survival is just so empty and lifeless.

the absolute state of vanillacuck sour grapes

might be if they implment lods like in bedrock.

Is this the best you can show? Gentle sloping mountains? That's nothing compared to the cool rock outcropping in OP.

this. imagine being stuck in a world where the only other sentient life form is jews. I downloaded the cute mob models resource pack so its not so lonely.

Attached: 2021-12-19_15.40.17.png (1920x1017, 1.65M)