Game series where the first game is the best one

Game series where the first game is the best one

Attached: dr.jpg (1280x720, 235.05K)

Souls series.

Deus ex

yop, now demons souls, thats a real souls game.

Attached: 1648253760084.gif (126x126, 143.96K)

Quake

Witcher
Far Cry
AssCreed

Attached: 190404-mercenaries-playground-of-destruction-xbox-front-cover[1].jpg (800x1145, 184.47K)

Max Payne
Kingdom Hearts

but KH is just worse on pretty much every front compared to 2.

same thread posted like an hour ago
quit spamming

Other way around. The combat in 2 is more polished, but everything else is worse.

kh2 has better combat
kh1 has better everything else

based

infamous and prototype

the story is almost none existent in the sense that not much really happens in 1.
and visually its more polished.
most of the levels where pretty mediocre to bad aswell in the first game so i dont really get how it does everything but the combat better.

never played prototype 2. seemed like a hard formula to fuck up. what did they do wrong?

the story was retarded for making alex a mustache twirling villain

>Game series where the first game is the best one

Diablo
Starcraft
Quake
Unreal
Half-Life
Turok
Max Payne
Dungeon Siege
Painkiller
F.E.A.R.
BioShock
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Attached: WhyYes.png (111x128, 15.85K)

oh goodie, never played the 2nd game but i quite liked the first. been contemplating replaying it but i havent touched it since it released.

Holy based

Attached: 1645596965551.png (500x445, 285.3K)

of course.
glad I missed it.

Portal

I grew up with people telling me 2 was better and then I finally got ahold of it, they were so wrong. I find it funny that there were so many ps2 era games with north koreans as the villains, mostly Ubisoft stuff

Gothic.

Attached: 1628151615557.jpg (800x1014, 195.72K)

Attached: 511GlB9y2WL._SY445_[1].jpg (315x445, 25.94K)

far cry 3 is the best one
the pirate asscreed is the best one
bioshock 2 is best in series

>user is clearly in his late 20's/early 30's and has impeccable fucking taste.
I will say, Quake 3 had fantastic moddability, but goddamn you are spot on.

based

Attached: ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg (1524x1929, 619.36K)

>t. CEO of based department
nailed it

holy zoomer
>this is the best because this is what I played and by balls will go down in any minute
>muh definition of insanity
>muh pirates
stfu

Mega Man
Street Fighter
Uncharted
Rayman
Yakuza
Super Smash Bros
Team Fortress
Titanfall
Persona
Elder Scrolls
Mother
Zone of the Enders
Sonic Robo Blast

It was the only game I actively found myself strapping C4 to a nork jeep just to ram it into things.
And I say that as someone who never played a Battlefield game.

Attached: RedFaction_qjpreviehghwth[1].jpg (256x310, 63.42K)

You didnt play farcry 3 if this is your takeaway.

Attached: 1623605851283.jpg (228x221, 7.96K)

I feel like im one of the few that really liked the gunplay/rpg part of ME1. i liked that snipers where pretty much useless unless you actually focused into them. made progression feel rly good besides NUMBER UP.

>Street Fighter
Nah. The alpha games were better. hell, eben sf2 was a major upgrade. it had characters.
>Sonic Robo Blast
not the first
>Team Fortress
unless you mean QTF, it's also not the first

twink rambo was a lot more enjoyable than the 'tism tech demo that was fc1

>the story is almost none existent in the sense that not much really happens in 1.
this is a good thing, for kh

>Bioshock 2
>Best
You serious? It looked like shit compared to the OG, the game felt weightless and floaty as fuck, the story was okay but that was about it.

I did. vaas is cool if you re a kid, and the gameplay is basic ubi shooter, the guns dont feel particularly cool. the presentation was pretty cool at the time but it is what it is, driving, shooting with your peashooter at red barrells, farming some animals to craft some shit. game didnt strike me as particularly good. you re thinking it s way better than it is because of the marketing and sheeps folowwing (vaas cutscenes so cool omg) but if you get neutral about it, its nothing to wake up at night about

>Inafune makes game to appeal to the West
>nails it
>then ruins it by giving it to actual Westerners to develop
I don't know who's in the wrong here.

ninja gaiden nes

i like better the old school gameplay of far cry 1. game can actually be difficult and you have plan ahead, involves actual some lidl tactic made up on the spot to triumph, no particular hand holding and you dont spend your life killing deers to make blankets and pouchs to get more ammo so ubisoft can abuse your reward circuitry to give you the illusion that the game is good. ngl I had fun trying to run over animals in the car but you cant say its great gameplay objectively speaking

Only chuds that think RE4 is the perfect game prefer 2.

Attached: Dino_Crisis.jpg (315x316, 17.75K)

truth is that bioshock was never good. it just had a great style and concept.
1 was 30% playing pipedream and you couldn't use a weapon and a plasmid simultaneously
2 fixed both those issues
3 was call of duty: bioshock edition with a great style and concept as well but too focussed on the lame story

I still play this on my xbox1.
Such a god damn fun game and to go around blowing shit up. glorious.

2 is definitely the best, and it's not even that good of a game. You're right.
To be honest, the 'Shock series in general might be kind of a meme. If you're looking for that kind of exploratory RPG FPS experience, Deus Ex has always blown it out of the water. I guess System Shock 1 is significant enough that I should give it some credit, but Deus Ex is way better.

Mega Man X.

>mmx
>first

There are no earlier games in the mega man x series.

>first
>mega man

>mmx
>first

Phew! You guys need to shower, it stinks like hipster in here!

phew, sounds like meds time. sounds like tranny here!

rent free

you cant smell and hear on a mongolian basket weaving forum you fucking virgin retards

Far cry is shit. Fucking enemies can see and shoot you through wall is pure bullshit

>the pirate asscreed is the best one
yikes
the combat was so utterly repulsive that the ships didnt make up for it at all for me

Dark Souls
God of War
Danganronpa
Jak and Daxter
Dragon Age
Halo

Yeah pretty much this

Is this bait?

World of Warcraft Vanilla
Diablo
Demon Souls

You missed the big picture.

Farcry 3 is about jason going out in the world to find out who he is as a man, its about the anxiety and terror of being helpless to such a surreal dose of reality, and about jason discovering what he truly is in the face of it all.

I wasnt bothered by all the more or less minor stuff you mentioned.

Dead space

Attached: intermediate.png (280x321, 4.05K)

demon souls is not a saga

Best game ever! Even if the 2nd was janky I enjoyed the hell out of it too.

>its about the anxiety and terror
lmao

>every cutscene is the faggy protag crying and sobbing that everythings gonna be ok
>end of cutscene
>go out eradicating entire villages, guns blazing yippie kay-yeah!
Far Cry 3's story was embarassing and it didn't even work in respect to the shoehorned and ill-fitting "chose your fate" aspect.

>Diablo
The first diablo is a 2hr tech demo.

when jason rescues his girlfriend from the burning hotel is when the shift happens.
all his friends are crying and wanting to leave and jason is having a good time during it all

>lol crying, pffft weak
>cant wrap their head around characters that arnt flat action heros
the absolute state of smooth brains

Honest do you even enjoy games? Lol

Attached: 1621711457588.jpg (396x385, 25.36K)