At what age did you grow out of competitive games?

At what age did you grow out of competitive games?

Attached: 1635081834483.png (1288x824, 156.83K)

when the games started sucking

when games stopped being player run servers and instead started being matchmaking systems

all actual comp games will use their own rules that will require private lobbys anyways, but the inability to have any fun on a server with regulars kills the drive to play any one game for any extended period of time.

31 year old zoomer here, playing against other people is still more fun than breaking the AI.
Why are you bitchmade?

Have never been into, never had friends to play with and playing with strangers over the internet is boring.

>stuck playing meta strategies instead of fun ones
all the best players usually make videos about stomping with fun strategies because they are good enough to make them work. You getting 1 kill out of every 20 death with a gimmick doesn't constitute a fun strategy.

This.
Every game that relies on company servers to survive is not only just inferior in general to private server hosting, but is also doomed to become unplayable when the publisher decides its no longer worth keeping the game around.

After I got legend for the first time in Hearthstone after months of sunk cost fallacy
Thank god for Merc AFK farming

competition gives me anxiety. too much pressure.

I started enjoying fighting games as I got older. Competition can be fun

I wonder why no one bitches about Elo for stuff like Chess

Maybe you're just bad at video games

i really enjoyed competitive games like s4 league, they really had a good community to them.

maybe because you had to join lobbies and actually interact with people? i had some good fun, it was nice to be recognised and recognise other names in specific lobbies.

I like to compete, but team-based shit is dead to me because of how badly your performance is ambiguated by relying on others. You can either be poisoned by matchmaking or ruin friendships by partying up.

Not to mention, I feel nothing when I do win, so the only prize for participating is exhaustion and aggravation.

you still have to do all of this, it's just that people have this warped view of matchmaking being anythign but a practice lobby
competetive is a lot more complex nowadays

Attached: 1649348216575.jpg (400x400, 12.96K)

what games still solely use lobbies to play? i'm not talking about the ridiculous 1% of the top where you have to go out of your way just to find people on the same level as you.

>It's not a fun strategy when you do it because this arbitrary number says so
lawl

LMAO
niggas will spend hours of their life on a game every day just to dunk on people who didn't bother spending an equivalent amount of time and feel good about it.
then the same players will cry a couple years later when their game dies after becoming inaccessible

Congrats though, you beat someone in a video game he plays casually on every weekend while he has a life to enjoy

Attached: 1625451778269.jpg (400x400, 31.74K)

>i-it's that I didn't b-b-bother spending time on it
Excuses are for women.

kek is this how sunken cost zoomers justify all the time they wasted?
it's ok champ, you'll be a famous millionaire like those twitch streamers you look up to, just 500 more MMR to climb, I believe in you!

Everything you touch you should strive to be good at. I never had any intention to make money off of video games, it's a hobby. Why the fuck are you literal dogshit at something you spend time on?

Honestly best post in this thread. This is the only reason I'm still playing on community servers on TF2. Matchmaking ruined multiplayer gaming.

>he's so trash at games that he needs over 1k hours to get good at it
OH NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Look at this smoothbrain. Bet he also learnt how to nose breathe during his teen years.

Attached: spylaugh.png (200x328, 63.63K)

Why do you consider it a bad thing when someone plays a game competitively?

who are you quoting?

so many compfags yet arena shooters are dead, why? its fun, join us

Attached: 1649550241193.png (600x600, 17.25K)

>Everything you touch you should strive to be good at. I never had any intention to make money off of video games, it's a hobby. Why the fuck are you literal dogshit at something you spend time on?

Attached: 1620271971604.gif (220x137, 1.06M)

Around 19, when I entered my first tourney. Grinding online will make you better, for sure, but your rank is a meme. You need to go out there and prove yourself. The tourney setting is a way different experience from ranked

>arena shooters are dead, why?

Attached: tb_truth.png (539x223, 26.61K)

you for having room temperature IQ and requiring gorillon of hours to be good at something

where was any of that implied?

Nice dodge. "Muh life" is the most underage argument you could ever come up with.

Chess is 1v1, nobody has any problems with 1v1 MMR systems.

Riot, Valve, Respawn etc ELO systems are complete garbage and are entirely designed to maximize engagement rather than to provide a fun balanced game.

And your argument is? "If you don't spend time improving at my dead video game to compete at an arbitrary standard that defines 'good' skill, you're bad"
LOL, whatever you acne ridden freak.

You don't have to be good but you have to try to be better. What else is the point?
I'm 31, I have no idea why you think I'm underage while you post like a teenage girl on social media.

At 31 you should have concerns other than getting better at a video game, but who am I to judge.

So if someone is good at something that means they spend all their time on said thing?
Do you have brain problems, child?

>UGH WHY SPEND TIME GETTING BETTER AT A VIDEOGAME WHEN YOU CAN NOT PLAY AT ALL AND SPEND YOUR TIME SHITPOSTING ON Yea Forums
why are anti-competitive niggers like this?

Zoomers like are afraid of competition and blame their opponents for their shortcomings. It's sad.

it reminds me of the "People who go to the gym are just mindless roidmonkeys and you should just stay at home eating whatever you want and sleep" line of thinking that so many s-boys have nowadays
Naturally, going to the gym is better for your health than videogames, but the coping mechanism is the same.

>So if someone is good at something that means they spend all their time on said thing?
Kek literally yes you buffoon.

How do you even define 'good'? Firstly clear that up for me. A 'good' player isn't considered so good by someone above his bracket.
Professional players literally play and train all the time and lose to people in their brackets who play the said game full time.
By that definition alone you and any other compfaggot in this thread cannot even be considered good.
Unless you won some LANs? Feel free to timestamp your trophies in that case and prove me wrong.

What game would you like me to rape you in?

>this schizo making his weekly compfag hate thread
>he gets called a retard everytime
>uses the "W-Well I just have a life unlike you"
>he can't comprehend that people can get good at the game without having to spend their entire game playing the game
>proceeds to keep shitposting and being a passive-aggressive bitch to every user who calls him out for being retarded

Attached: 1647643799931.gif (150x150, 33.58K)

You dodged my question, define your standard of 'good'.

I don't play any compfag shit anymore. What do you even play? I'm curious.

ranked black ops cold war

Because good is subjective you fucking monkey. So you are an absolute pussy whining about people better than you?

OP's image struck a nerve I see

I never opened it.

In 2005, because no matter how hard I tried I couldn't play above 1.9 kdr in Cs. I didn't played online fps for years, started again with release of apex legends. My season 1-2 kdr was 0.5, now my kdr is 1.2 and I can't even get platinum.

>Because good is subjective you fucking monkey
Then stop complaining about "shitters" you retard

If you blame others for being bad because they have no lives or whatever excuse you come up with you are a shitter.
Are you unironically braindead? Being bad at anything in life is solely on you.

Meant to say blaming others because you are bad but it should be obvious at this point.

Who blamed others though?

>y-y-you are only w-winning because you p-play more
>p-please get a l-life
You are worthless. You will never be good at anything. Stop blaming your shortcomings on others.

When my friends stopped playing them. I don't have the patience or tolerance to deal with screeching randos. I'd rather dunk or be dunk in shitty matchmaking where I can play music and have a chill time.

Attached: tf2 balls 20210717_081655.png (718x706, 964.18K)

Is that the best of your reading comprehension? How pathetic.
Blaming others is more so along the lines of directly blaming others FOR your loss in a game. Stating on why someone IS better than you at an activity is not blaming.
Are you legitimately braindead?

>You will never be good
But being good is subjective

Attached: dodgers.jpg (640x480, 39.9K)

Looking for excuses instead of learning from your loss is the definition of being a bitchmade faggot.
The blame is on you, toddler.

You are going to keep blaming others, you will never be good. Can you not read?

'good' at a video game is subjective but only when it meets user's criteria for continuing his baseless arguments.
he's probably one of those failed tryhards you meet in online lobbies who get the high off beating casuals but have actually never achieved anything worth substantial value even in that game and will always lose to people who play it full time. yet the lowest common denominator of arguments boils down to 'you don't need to play full time to get good at video games', where the definition of 'good' itself is repurposed to suit their arguments, KWAB

Attached: 1638587754648.jpg (251x242, 10.29K)

As I said, you can't be good at anything in life if you blame others for losing. You are a bitchmade fuckboy, as you zoomer children say.

not all competitive games are good and neither is obsessing over ranks over everything else, but this image was born from cope.

>lose 10 games in a row
>call myself good at the game
>i am now good at the game

someone needs to fix their bot, it's malfunctioning.
do you have any other commands i can input or this the only response programmed within you?

What games do you play?