Why do you play with inverted controls?

Why can't you be normal

Attached: Ingay.jpg (1280x720, 58.31K)

>dumping on inverted controls
>posts an image promoting inverted controls
based retard

>playing shooters with controllers
lmao

Not a single "supporter" of inverted controls ever inverts the X axis.

day of the rope for these people

Attached: 1636837155777.jpg (300x199, 14.78K)

This analogy never made sense to me. Wouldn't you invert both axis then? Games never do that

The real answer is inverted controls for planes, and regular controls for everything else

Attached: kaede exam results.jpg (850x1115, 165.17K)

Pulling a stick to pitch your camera upward is silly unless you also change the x-axis to control roll instead of yaw.

Plenty of third-person games inverted both axes in the PS1/PS2 days

It's really just to match the controls people are used to from flight sims. If you have a problem with Y being inverted but not X, complain at the people who designed airplanes

I used to play inverted but one day it started to feel weird, so I've been playing normal ever since. What could have happened to my brain? I think I was in my late teens when I switched.

>game starts with properly inverted camera controls without changing anything

Attached: 1422586921595.png (350x400, 550.07K)

i had the weirdest issue with pokemon legends arceus
i usually have no problem with inverted and non inverted controls, and switch between each other all the time
but playing pla, when i used inverted i felt awkward and that i should have used non inverted instead, and viceversa
fucking weird. took me a few hours to adjust properly

Why yes, of course I use inverted controls, it only makes sense.
W-What? Inverted X-axis? W-Well, that's, you know... Come on, that's not the same...

Attached: 1615168095836.jpg (500x560, 49.34K)

/Thread

I invert both the mouse and stick on the controller. You're legitimately a brainlit if you don't invert your controls on a controller. You're also a brainlit if you invert your controls on a mouse.

Attached: 1554097129293.png (1592x1968, 1.98M)

Stick? Huh?

Attached: turtle mouse.jpg (1000x1000, 50.41K)

>hur-dur
inversion doesn't apply to x axis because it's imitating different motion
y axis is looking up/down which requires tiliting your head back/forward
if tiliting stick left and right *tilted* your camera/head and not *turned* it, then you would have a point about hypocrisy
but who the fuck makes games where rotating the camera in that way is useful? be a retard somewhere else

Attached: file.png (1000x800, 19.47K)

i just use the default controls for every game i play

This is stupid, do you do the same shit for left and right too?

It's literally the same thing though

>inversion doesn't apply to x axis because it's imitating different motion
Left is the yaw motion and is the x axis moron.
Right is the roll axis and mostly happens in VR or in shooters when they peek.

if you're seeing camera control as LOOK THAT WAY button then it's understandable that holding up would make you look up
but then y axis doesn't loop around if you hold it long enough, which forces my brain to think that it's actually TILT YOUR HEAD button
x axis is still mostly camera control, and not lean left/right, even in shooters, so i'd say my point still stands
or am i just a moron for not using fancy rotation names?

Uninverted simpletons will never be able to understand, user.

refute

Because it used to be standard and i grew up with it

>Why can't you be normal?
I don't know, user. Please help me.

plane games

>controller
>shooting

i can't understand how consoles are still a thing in this day and age, they're such a blatant children's toy.

is left and right also inverted?

Why do you care?

>move stick up
>camera looks up
>move stick down
>camera looks down
>somehow this is confusing to invertedfags

yes

Think of the camera as an physical object behind the character, and you control which direction it goes with the analog. It doesn't make sense for first person though.

Plane control example never made sense since L&R on stick doesn't really turn the plane like a car it tilts instead. I always used normal or inverted both axis since it reminds me of turret rail shooters.

Attached: The Ocean Hunter.jpg (744x1024, 120.14K)

I know this website and the interent in general are loaded with zoomers but inverted camera controls used to be a standard back in the day.

What you don't realize is that inverted used to be normal and normal used to be inverted in settings. It only switched when Epic fucked everything up and got popular on 360.

>stick
lol
lmao

As a rule in shooters players tend to look up more than they are required to look down (gotta get those headshots) and inverted means your right thumb has a better range of motion for it as you are contracting rather than extending.

I'm not surprised Yea Forums hates inverted but this place is full of people who are absolutely terrible at video games and demand things to be made easier to the point if actual brain death.

Attached: JIT64 DC _ Direct3D 11 _ HLE _ FPS_ 60 - VPS_ 60 - 100% _ TimeSplitters_ Future Perfect (G3FE69) 2021-04-03 00-53-59.webm (1000x562, 2.64M)

Your character shouldn't control like a jet plane.

>controls are like a hand or apparatus holding onto the player character's head
>press forward on the controls, hand or apparatus moves forward
>player character's head pitches forward, resulting in player character's head looking down
All people I've known to use inverted controls were high iq people. Never seen a moron use inverted. This, of course, does not mean using "normal" controls makes you stupid. It just means you're not a genius.
People that use "normal" controls often can't understand why anyone would use inverted. Inverted users never get upset at the inferior beings who need to use "normal" controls. We know better.

Attached: 1647045765059.webm (576x720, 2.82M)

What else did Epic ruin, really? fuck this company

I unironically do

Inverted is like using machinery. You pull back to lift a bucket or raise forks on a forklift. Wouldn't that mean "normal" controls are actually inverted?

I never understood the reason why inverted controls options exist.

>move stick up
>move stick down
The fuck is this, motion controls? The stick is attached to your controller and you tilt it forward/back. Are you holding the controller vertically up to your face or some shit?

>move stick forward
>camera looks down
>move stick backwards
>camera looks up
Who holds his controller at a 90 degree angle. And if they do, might as well hold it 90 degrees down.

Anyway, I think the first console TPS I played had Y inverted and it stuck for me.

Thats not how a plane controls though thats the issue. It tilts to the sides it doesn't turn arround.

>Epic fucked everything up
You mean improved.

Back in the day inverted control options where what is now non inverted.
Nowadays I use inverted camera for controllers (both axes) and non inverted for the mouse. It's what feels right to me.

Jam a thumb stick in the back of someone's head.

Push forward, they look down. Pull back, they look up. Push right, they look left, push left they look right.

Inverted camera is incredibly rational for analog stick controlled third person action games. That is all.

Attached: fswuhpzf.png (1000x800, 24.55K)

Please explain inverted controls again bro. I didn't quite grasp it the first 40 posts.

Do you play inverted with mouse and keyboard too?

I think its to do with whether the perspective is third person behind the player or is first person.

If you are behind then moving the right stick down is like "pulling the camera down" as if it were movement on the left stick. Naturally that moves the character's view upwards since you are behind. When you are looking through the character's eyes then your point of mental focus is now ahead of the character, so moving the stick down to move this focus down makes sense.

It's a zoomie thing you wouldn't understand.

Attached: rndepeh3vcz61.jpg (640x853, 115.1K)

Of course. It just makes sense to people with superior intellect. Enjoy playing your games the way you like, and try not get upset at smart people enjoying games their way, furrowing your brow in a vain attempt to understand the situation. You'll get forehead wrinkles. Then you'll be ugly AND stupid.

Attached: 1645281515925.webm (360x640, 2.73M)

That doesn't give you wrinkles it just makes your forehead swole as fuck.

Attached: 900_Tony-Tudor_Baluga_Whales.jpg (900x691, 61.29K)

Yeah no.

Imagine your head is like the joystick itself. Turn it around. Tilt it forward or backwards. It makes sense, simple as

Attached: 1649578651065.jpg (1125x1223, 88.08K)

That shark looks stupid as fuck. I can guarantee he doesn't use inverted.

>look directly up
>pull the stick to the right
>instead of your head tilting to the right, the entire world does
wtf?

Attached: jkhsdfasdhgf.png (615x862, 17.57K)