Bed of chaos, dragon god, deacons of the deep, and micolash are good bosses because they're unique

>bed of chaos, dragon god, deacons of the deep, and micolash are good bosses because they're unique
>nameless king, ludwig, maria, orphan, gael, friede and dancer are bad bosses because you have to dodgeroll
>also death stranding, the witness, and breath of the wild are good games
Every day I pray for a second potato famine.

Attached: file.png (528x496, 6.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UsjWOPYYEsY
youtu.be/UsjWOPYYEsY?t=2512
youtu.be/UsjWOPYYEsY?t=1633
youtu.be/uv-zGwIopbk?t=8610
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

COLONIZED.COM

Attached: Arcane Kinship.jpg (900x900, 33.47K)

Deacons is great. If you disagree you're a faggot.

Video games, faggot, VIDEO GAMES.

Attached: NOT VIDEO GAMES.jpg (1920x2158, 466.24K)

the problem with this guy is that he genuinely believes video game criticism is something meaningful, instead of something failed game developpers do out of spite.

every single one of those opinions is based

I need some ideas for making money on the internet. I'm thinking like writing closed captions or something but I'm open to do any monotonous bullshit that doesn't require talking to people

Sounds based to me

Good
>deacons of the deep
>micolash
>nameless king
>ludwig
>orphan

Bad
>bed of chaos
>dragon god
>maria
>gael
>friede
>dancer

Simple as.

No problem bro not only did I waste x amount but I have my best pals to thank for it

>fromdrones still mindbroken 5 years later
almost as funny as the spergs still obssessed by botw

he didn't say dragon god was good, he listed that as an example of a shitty boss from DeS. You can't even shitpost properly

>You can't even shitpost properly
Mixing the truth with lies is the BEST way to shitpost, newfriend. Because it gets responses from dipshits like you.

>Be fromdrone
>Guy dares to say he likes the games BUT he doesn't like this specific thing
>NOOOOOOO MIYAMOTO CANT NO BAD PERFECT GAMES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I hope Fromsoftware releases bleach for you to drink because I know you'd gobble it

>Elden Ring's design is the logical conclusion of the magnification throughout the series of problems Matthew was already talking about in his DS2 critique
>the widespread criticism of the repetitiveness of Elden Ring's boss design and end-game bosses has proven that Matthew was right all along
Apologize. Now.

Attached: viewtiful ring.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

>Death Stranding, The Witness, and BotW
>bad
Quit being a contrarian and thinking anything slightly overrated is actually a 5/10. Death Stranding and Breath of the Wild have major flaws but will have a lasting impact on traversal in open worlds and The Witness is sometimes pretentious but other times it’s one of the most beautiful and genius games I’ve ever played.

Death Stranding was alright. The gameplay was pretty enjoyable, it's just that the story and celebrity cast were fucking garbage.

Kojimbo needs his original editor back, whoever it was that he worked with on MGS123 and then fired. Noticed how MGS4, V, PW, DS, all have interesting concepts and ideas/themes and absolutely ruin themselves in the execution.

Kojima is the vince russo of video games

they'll never apologize because the fact he was right is the reason why they're so asshurt about him

Death Stranding is at best a 3/10 game. BotW and the Witness are both gutter garbage 0/10 unplayable trash

No one has ever explained to me how matthewmatosis is any different from someone like joseph anderson

bed of chaos, dragon god, deacons of the deep, and micolash are good bosses because they're unique
timestamp where he said these bosses are **good** and not just unique/his favourites?

his iq is above 100

matt is adored by many so we hate him. joseph anderson talks like a redditor so we like him now.

You can easily see it for yourself by comparing the lengths of their videos, then listening to them speak for a few minutes each. Matthew gets to his next point in seconds, where as Joseph can take hours.

Matthewmatosis understands the concept of judging a game for what it is: he understands what the creators were trying to accomplish, and analyzes if they accomplished it in the game and whether it works or makes for a poor experience. He also is smart enough to understand adhering to a standard doesn't make something necessarily good.
Joseph Anderson plays a game, judges it on his subjective taste, then justifies it overanalyzing in 2h+ expositions to fellate his own ego and reassure himself, you can see he's completely biased and also relies way too much on what he thinks something is supposed to work rather than stopping and looking at what the game is trying to accomplish.
Also he's a soulscuck

>dark souls commentary - he says bed of chaos sucks when he fights him
>demon's souls commentary - he says dragon god sucks when he fights him
>lost soul arts of demon's souls - he definitely says micolash is his favorite. you can find it i believe in you.
>deacons - i don't think he's ever said anything about it

I do admire Matt's love and respect of vidya, he doesn't seem like a fag who only does it because his shitty fantasy books don't sell, he genuinely seems to want to dedicate his life to games and that's cool. But he's a Kamiya fag through and through. Like terrible levels of fanboy.
>scoffs at any other DMC but 1
>says DMC5 Dante is not "his" Dante
>shills W101 like he gets paid to do so
>dedicates all of his free time across months to making a Viewtiful Joe commentary, has never played 2 because Kamiya did not direct it
>literally has dreamed of Kamiya
i just think it's a little gay

micolash is a step too far, but witches is actually one of my favourite fights in bloodborne even though its piss easy.
i just think its neat

Eeh IDK about Viewtiful and he seems to be too much in love with w101, but I completely understand him on DMC, while I really like 5 I don't like how they have gone with Dante's Character in 4 and 5, I liked him more in 1 and The anime

Matthew has insightful takes about videogames and is often ahead of the curve (his DS2 critique was the first mainstream critique during the game's honeymoon period and now people basically accept everything he said as correct even though it was far more controversial when it released). He has a good understanding into game development itself, a good understanding of videogame history, and eclectic tastes which allows him to cover a wide range of topics and content. He'll often be able to discuss stuff happening behind the curtain because he has a programming background and understands things about game development that most viewers and gamers don't. He can also put stuff in it's appropriate historical context. He also doesn't waste the viewer's time and gets to the point pretty quickly; if he has a long video it's usually because he has a lot to say. The exceptions are his commentary videos which is just stream of consciousness type stuff without a script.

Matthew's biggest sin was that he inspired an entire genre of long-winded videogame commentary by people who don't know half as much as he does, but have twice as much to say (at least). The most popular example of this is that dipshit Joseph Anderson who basically made a career because he'd release stuff faster than Matthew did and he'd release high demand stuff that Matthew often didn't (for example; a video on Dark Souls 3). Not that JH has built his audience he does this much less, but this was how he built that audience.

Attached: 1614603638943.png (1313x295, 242.2K)

He likes DMC3 and most of his complaints about the series relate solely to Dante's characterization in the later games.

Where has he ever mentioned DMC5?

I found one tweet where he said it looks about what he expected. That was it

>asmongold
>/ourguy/
he is literally a redditor and not a racist or incel. there's no way he is /ourguy/

Don't think he said anything about the game as a whole, just initial excitement quickly followed by disappointment during the trailer that shows a portion of the cutscene where Dante cruises around on Cavaliere .

His gf is cute and is more based than him.

it's in the E3 stream from the year DMC5 was announced. he sounded real butthurt about it

>Two paragraph word vomit that nobody is going to read accompanied by a BLM tweet from 2 year ago you're still mad about
I wonder what was going through your head while you wrote this garbage

this

I read it and he's right, dilate

About the equally as braindead response I was expecting

seething

That video is unironically awful lmao
The very first argument is "UHHHHHHH ACKTUALLY DARK SOULS ISN'T A SEQUEL TO DEMON'S SOULS" and every point afterwards is a gotcha of similar smugness and retardation

Some other gemmies:
>"A memorable fight could be anything you're capable of remembering"
>"The Souls games were known for their grounded aesthetic? I'd like to see the STUDY that said that"

It's beyond parody how much he fits into the "smug le facts and logic british youtube faggot" while also somehow being more devoid of intelligence than any of them combined. He tries so hard to be Mauler it's pathetic.

You REALLY need to find a better argument because this is just embarrassing

Attached: 1634742379089.jpg (501x523, 37.76K)

Not really. He just expressed Dante's personality still being DMC3 Dante when it was acceptable because he was younger and had a arc that would eventually lead to DMC1 Dante. He also wasn't a fan of the Devil Trigger track.

>>"The Souls games were known for their grounded aesthetic? I'd like to see the STUDY that said that"
that can't be real

the absolute state of fromdrones

Genuinely take your meds. You're talking to nobody about something that never happened.

His entire argument is retarded since the "one" thing he dislike about the game is fundamental to its design (the combat). He doesn't have to like it, but all of his criticism can be boiled down to:
>I don't like the combat, which means that everything that is even tangential to it = bad
>What do you mean "play something else"? NO, the combat has to work EXACTLY how I want it to or it is automatically shit, which means the entire game is now shit since the combat and all of its system is directly tied to everything in the game! Except for these few parts of the game where the combat plays such a little role that it might as well not even be there.

Would you still think he was right if he argued that items in Mario Kart are shit and the entire system needs to change or be removed for the game to get better? At that point, would it even be "Mario Kart" anymore when the item system is so integral to its design?

you can watch the video yourself
youtu.be/UsjWOPYYEsY
The "Dark Souls not being a sequel" bit is near the start
The "memorable bosses are whatever you can remember" part is youtu.be/UsjWOPYYEsY?t=2512
The stupid-ass "duhhh where's your study for this" part is youtu.be/UsjWOPYYEsY?t=1633

>"A memorable fight could be anything you're capable of remembering"
this has to be an elaborate joke.

Attached: a6186fa213a57eec844954a1fc311091.png (325x675, 491.44K)

>His entire argument is retarded since the "one" thing he dislike about the game is fundamental to its design (the combat).
that's not what the video is about, you're an absolute nigger brained mongoloid as expected from a fromdrone

And the video is FILLED with similar gems of knowledge like this. It's almost worth watching just to see how much a sub-80 IQ person can delude themselves into thinking they're intelligent by arguing semantics

The only thing that trailer showed was Dante riding a motor cycle going WOOHOO YEAH, even though at the end of 1 he was flying a plane and going YEEHAW YEAH.

he fucking hates bed of chaos, what are you talking about

It quite literally is, every single criticism he has about the game can be directly tied to his dislike of its combat system or did you just fail to notice how he gushes about every other part of the game that isn't "combat" or how he deliberately says in his other videos that the games in the series has gotten worse over time thanks to them being more "action focused"?

We admit the michael jackson Dante seen was tryhard as hell right, and in a bad way

>bed of chaos, dragon god
He's also definitely on record about hating Dragon God

He said in his video that "This type of experimentation doesn't always work, there aren't many out there who'll defend the encounter with rhe Dragon God but an occasional failure is expected when the game is stepping out the norm so much"
He didn't even like Dragon God, so stop misquoting him.

>criticism can be boiled down to:
>>I don't like the combat
He doesn't say this, he just says that it's not deep enough to make the focus of the experience.
To use your example, if Mario Kart were all about shooting items at other players, and the racing element were more and more relegated to the background, that would be the equivalent of what Matthew is complaining about with the combat taking center-stage in Dark Souls in the form of samey dodge-and-punish boss fights.
And yes, he does think something integral to its design has been lost as a result. That's the entire argument of his "Lost Souls Arts of Demon Souls" video. So in trying to mischaracterize his argument you've actually made it for him.

Attached: 1563154078971.jpg (288x300, 15.02K)

The Fromdrones shilling it seem to think it's completely serious and DOESN'T make them look like complete idiots lmao

Tell me, what makes her so based?

his point is that the games have become too predictable and he's absolutely right about it your pathetic attempts at coping notwithstanding

Nothing word vomitty about it. You are just an asshurt tranny fag.

Remember to spam cp in these threads

>her favourite games are Rain World and Demons Souls
>hates the Demons Souls remake
>likes Dragons Dogma
>hates Dark Souls 2 way more than Matt did
>Also shits on Dark Souls 3 youtu.be/uv-zGwIopbk?t=8610

>He doesn't say this, he just says that it's not deep enough to make the focus of the experience.
And that is an opinion not a fact, which is why I even brought this up in the first place. A combat system doesn't need depth to make it good, a system with depth can be just as bad as a system with no depth and the combat system in the series is deep, you always have multiple options to meet every requirement the system throws at you at all times. I'm not going to say it's perfect but I'm not going to sit here and shit on it just because it doesn't work like DMC.

>To use your example
Yet every single release in the series has added more and more "gimmicks" to it's fights while also adding more mechanics into the players arsenal and even the level design is now completely open instead of being more akin to a metroidvania. He is getting exactly what he wants yet he can't see it since the main way that players interact with the game, since the series inception has been nothing other than:
>Light attack
>Heavy attack
>Roll
>Heal

He just doesn't like that, which again, is fine. But it's an OPINION, one that people don't agree with and that isn't something that makes a good argument, it can make a compelling one, but not a good one.

>And yes, he does think something integral to its design has been lost as a result.
Nothing has been lost, it's just that he isn't seeing the forest for the trees. We still get everything that DaS gave us, but just slightly changed and sometimes more or less of it. He want's the exploration, scenery and experimentation parts to be the biggest part of these games, something that has been given to him in every souls and is now the main focus of ER yet he hasn't made a new video about it. This brings me to my point

I don't think anyone here knows what he thinks since every one of his videos has been used by shitposters that twists them and his words into something that they are not to justify their own hate for the series.

I'm not coping about anything, you are the faggots who can't stand that someone doesn't agree with your favorite eceleb since all he does is be as one note as he claims the games to be. I honestly think he has realized this himself which is probably why the TW3video is never getting released since there is nothing for him to talk about that hasn't already been said 1000 times before either better or worse than how he would have said it.

>and the combat system in the series is deep
lmao

you faggots are hopeless