Unreal tournament 4

reminder that timmy abandonded die-hard fans for fucking fortnite

Attached: maxresdefault (11).jpg (1280x720, 124.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WE6nZx5MDgM
xonotic.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>die hard
You mean the same that dropped the games?

>diehard UT fans
Yeah where are they now

>Epic Games Store

Attached: 1649550241193.png (600x600, 17.25K)

chink chink

Attached: tim_bucks.png (1196x624, 144.95K)

Reminder that YOU abandoned UT3

I'm here and I don't know what to play
help please

>tfw too old and rusty for farnite'
At least I have CHUNNERS

Attached: EvCrsp-XcAEuVZ3.jpg (600x900, 39.05K)

I remember I was so hyped for UT4 when they announced it. Played it a little with a fellow UT die-hard fan and it was alright, but far from finished and it crippled the whole experience

What a shame, really

Attached: 1644700845668.jpg (1458x960, 355.03K)

Reminded just in time

Ut fan reporting in, im waiting for a new UT

Reminder Timmy didn't bother helping the 50 volunteer devs working on the game for free, so they wasted 1000s of hours without being informed the game wont be updated

Video explaining how much of a jew Tim was to the UT community
youtube.com/watch?v=WE6nZx5MDgM
Fuck Tim

all epic had to do was enable mods and custom servers. tim didn't even bother.

Attached: 1641990195340.png (750x750, 166.98K)

UT fan also reporting in. Waiting for them to pick it back up or make a new UT.

This burned Tim and Epic in the end too. They took such a huge hiatus because they didn't see a future in the PC and then did the whole community development and everything for their comeback to PC. They got that much goodwill and then killed it which then some time after, they went and released EGS. If they had UT4 still going and not cancelled, EGS might have gone down better and had one more exclusive when it landed.

Reminder Unreal Engine 5 ships a networked shooter game with working online play as the default project now, it's easier than ever to make your own boomer shooters

it's easier than ever to make your own boomer shooters
yes, a niche-genre indie game made by a literal who will magically gather enough players to play multiplayer matches, shill.

Attached: boomerhorror.jpg (750x450, 64.77K)

>today I will remind them

Attached: arena shooters.png (539x223, 26.61K)

abandoned them long before that

i don't need a pure arena shooter. i just want one with a decent amount of playerbase and dev effort. QC might have been it but id just abandoned it

Attached: 1649508772925.gif (498x498, 779.91K)

waiting for a new UT

this
i'd still be playing qc if it didn't just completely shit itself and became unplayable 2 frames per 5 seconds self destruct mode when i had pretty consistent 50 to 70 fps before wich was completely doable

a shame as Slash her qc movement was fucking god tier

If everyone who claimed to love arena shooters just fucking picked one, it'd have a couple thousand players overnight. Instead, they use it as something to say to increase the size of their ePenis and no one fucking plays them.

Here you go. It's open source. Go nuts.
xonotic.org/

That's the problem with making any multiplayer game and not being a billion dollar company, just make a discord and get a small community to play it a few nights a week, it's better than nothing

playing 99 and 2004 still

People need to stop fucking sperging out over SteamCharts all the goddamn time. I see dudes bitching about Titanfall 2 only having 6,000 players on Steam. That's 500 full matches since it's 6v6. You'll find a match in less than 30 seconds. How is 6,000 players not "enough" for that particular game?

>If everyone who claimed to love arena shooters just fucking picked one, it'd have a couple thousand players overnight.
>no custom servers
>slow as fuck loading screen
>microtransactions
>no mods
>slav coding
>no updates
and people wonder why QC is dead

Attached: 1649470605134.jpg (480x480, 14.09K)

Okay then go play Xonotic
It's free, open source and has no MTX and receives plenty of updates. Also didn't QC just get an update like two weeks ago? They're still supporting it.

Never played it in my life, what do you do?

Attached: 1649011640674.jpg (208x243, 7.88K)

i already am playing QC, just whining about how slow it is
>play xnotic
with whom? the 5 guys on the server?

Attached: 1642247193881.jpg (905x693, 158.56K)

>Also didn't QC just get an update like two weeks ago

it has sub 800 players worldwide, its over.

I was a UT babby. I remember UT 99 and being amazed by its UI.

you own children by comboing their ass with the shock rifle

It was always a community-assisted project and never got that much focus from Epic Games. Besides, it barely had any players. I remember getting my posse online to play few games and there were like less than 200 players online during prime time. That's terribad. Arena shooters are dead, Jim.

The one game that actually got abandoned due to Fortnite was that shitty 3D MOBA.. Paragon or some shit.

plus it played like it was made by someone who had only heard of UT and never actually had experience with. which is probably 100% true.

Digital Extremes (Warframe) is responsible for Unreal Tournament in the first place. If you want Unreal Tournament's charm, play Warframe.

Attached: warframe fishing.png (731x375, 660.06K)

>million registered losers
lol no

It was the right move.

wow, that's rough. I remember playing on 110 fps with dips into the 70s on "the bad maps" and that was consistently unplayable because it stuttered the whole time. I guess your 50 fps must have been real smooth for you to bother playing at all. christ.
I upgraded in 2019 and since then I've been playing QC stutter-free at 154 fps locked. for some reason that precise number feels smoothest on a 144 Hz display.

the game crashes for me almost every single session I play it. I categorically have to close Firefox before even launching the game and then there are still times where something about the memory management in Windows just goes a route that QC doesn't like and it'll crash on loading a map every time until you restart Windows.

does anybody really wonder that?

reminder that he made the correct business choice.

>"Studio Name" did X
"Studio Name" consists of hires from the last 5 years. they didn't make X, some boomers and gen Xers made X in the 90s or early 2000s and then left the company probably before 2005 and definitely before 2010. every. time.

also I don't play games that rely heavily on grinding.

It's fine if your playing at peak hours but if your schedule doesn't allow it you won't be able to play your favorite games in multiplayer.

Based. I see this exact crowd.

I think you can also add MMO players or PvP MMO people specifically to the list. They never play any games.

qc was dead the moment they unirobically decided to put champions in an afps
>quake engine game
>not using multiples of 125
i shiggy diggy

>If you want Unreal Tournament's charm, play Warframe.
(You) must be over 18 to post here.

UT4 was just UT99 with no maps and higher hardware requirements and UT99 purists will never play any Unreal titles made after 1999 so it was a retarded endeavor anyway.

Just like Epic abandoned UT2004 to shill unreal engine 3 with a half-assed game that pleased no one.

I don't understand why they don't at least put Unreal Tournament characters into Fortnite, if their excuse is not being able to generate returns or don't want to waste resources on a UT game? It's like they're trying to bury their own name.

>quake engine game
look at this expert who literally hasn't ever played the game.

Please, I used to play half life 1 and 2 mods that had fewer than 150 people online, and it was fine for almost any time of the day. The only situation you are fucked is when the population consists almost exclusively of try hards who drive off newcomers. That's the point when the game is in a downward spiral to its death.

Attached: 1645404371502.jpg (1024x1007, 63.72K)

i play at around 0900 GMT lel

Attached: 1649419112514.png (246x246, 168.37K)

Maybe they should have turned quake into a top down moba shooter. Would have been something new then.

Attached: 1648334894887m.jpg (1024x576, 158.53K)

the 3 of them

What's a good FPS game bros?
Battlebit is okay but not released / bit too milsim for me.
Leap won't take off / no AU servers.
Gundam Evolution looks alright but that's just a playtest right now.

>battlefield
Died after hardline
>Call of Duty
Died after MW2
>Apex
BR, momentum based movement and hero / ability cringe
>fortnite
BR game

eh

MW19 was the most recent one i enjoyed, its basically a COD4 remake with really good movement and gunplay

I dislike crossplay and m+k lobbies were non-existant.
EOMM was creeping in as well.
Actually it had a range of issues like the Battlepass shit that gave out op weapons etc.

All that work in the design concepts gone to waste. I was there, and it's sad.

Attached: unreal_tournament___health_vials_concept_art_by_sly_mk3-d864y5q.jpg (1600x1131, 216.71K)

rolling
fuck your spam

roll
original

he wasn't afraid to speak the truth. RIP in piece champion